Paul Michaels Events Reviews

55 | Chicago, IL

55 Reviews for Paul Michaels Events

55 Paul Michaels Events Reviews

Allison · Married on 06/30/2018

We had Paul for our wedding on 6/30/18. Leading up to the wedding he was organized, helpful, and pretty much willing to do everything to make sure our reception went perfectly. He worked as a day of coordinator - working with all of the other vendors to ensure everyone was on the same page - we were SO thankful for this part of his service - and it helped put us at ease. Paul and his assistant were so professional and helpful at the reception, making sure everyone was in place and ready before we were announced. Throughout dinner he went to every table asking for requests - something we'd never seen done before. Guests even said that he was super friendly! Every guest I've talked to since the wedding has commented on how good the music selection was. Each song flowed right into the next one and there was never any stoppage of music. We spent all night on the dance floor and loved every second of it! We definitely recommend DJ Paul Michaels Events to anyone that needs a DJ for any reason!

Amber · Married on 05/18/2018

Paul Michaels events was AMAZING! He was so detail oriented and on top of his game. Our wedding went flawlessly and was so much fun because of his music! His equipment was top of the line and the software he uses to prepare for the event made the process of selecting music seemless and fun. I can’t say enough good things about his DJ services. Worth every penny. :):)

Dena · Married on 05/12/2018

Such an amazing and wonderful experience working the Paul! He exceeded all expectations. He is very organized, flexible, and professional. Loved every part of the process. Everyone commented how great the dj and music was. The whole wedding from incredible from start to finish. Thank you!!!

KATIE · Married on 04/06/2018

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Paul Michaels Events as my wedding DJ and photo booth. From the start Paul provided excellent and attentive service. He is extremely knowledgeable about the wedding world and has tremendously helpful insight. He was able to answer any an all questions we had without any hesitations. The online tools provided are wonderful to help nail down the details and made the planning process painless. Additionally, he was very reassuring through out the entire process and ultimately provided an excellent wedding day experience. He and his assistant were timely, kept us on track, played all of our requested songs and kept the party moving. After the wedding I had several people tell me he was one of the best wedding DJ's they had ever seen. 10 / 10 I would recommend his company for your event.

Holly · Married on 02/24/2018

Paul Michael Events was a clear and easy choice for us when it came to picking our DJ. The first time we met with Paul Michael, he really listened and understood what our vision was for the night of our wedding reception. He was well organized, proactive, personable, and not pushy. He had a lot of experience and helped us with some of the details we had not thought about. We did not have a wedding coordinator and ultimately decided to go with Paul Michael Events as they acted as both a coordinator and a DJ.

The night of the wedding, the flow of music was perfect and they kept everyone on the dance floor. They really helped make our night special. We highly recommend Paul Michael Events!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Holly! Glad we could make your vision a reality!

Bryan · Married on 09/03/2017

DJ Paul was amazing. He really took charge and helped us with a lot of things, not just music and photo booth issues. He was very professional and communicated with us well. We love having him at our wedding!

Kaitlin · Married on 09/02/2017

From day one Paul was supportive throughout the process. He did multiple check ins around your schedule and helped the ease the stress in any way he could. He has resources available if you need them, such as a place to rent a dance floor from, or possible photographers you can hire. Come the day of the wedding he did not disappoint. Weeks later, our families are still talking about the music from the reception and how much fun they had dancing. From the time the dancing started until the end of the night our dance floor was booming the whole time.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks for the fantastic review Kaitlin! Hope to see you guys at your friends weddings in the future!!

Gary · Married on 08/05/2017

If I could give more stars I would! I attended a wedding where Paul was the DJ 3 years ago, he was nothing short or awesome! Everything you would want a DJ to be, from mixing music to being the MC on dances to teach people so they do not feel left out. When we were searching for DJ's I asked my Fiance(Wife) to meet Paul, he was so professional and courteous towards her that I knew he would do anything to make sure it was the day she dreamed of.

I knew about Paul's music ability, but what really makes him worth every penny is his organizational skills. His website is easy to use for music choices and organizing, and he his very accommodating to what you want. He delivered on all the hype I promised and then some, even to the point where he said he was ahead of schedule (for this time sensitive OCD person) he made me feel relaxed. The dance floor was never empty, and the only thing I would change is to hire him for longer.

Most importantly he is a genuine person who cares about your special day. I feel that he wants to make sure its perfect and that is what drives him. If you give him the chance, you will not be disappointed.

P.S. If you hire Paul, please invite my wife and myself, we know it will be an awesome party!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks so much Gary! Glad we could deliver on (and exceed) any and all expectations that you had! Looking forward to seeing you at future weddings!!

Victoria · Married on 06/24/2017

If you’re looking for a wedding or event DJ in Chicago or the suburbs, stop your search with Paul Michaels Events. Paul was our wedding DJ in June 2017 and we are beyond thrilled with everything he did to make our day the most memorable, fun and easy.

Here are 5 reasons why we loved working with Paul, and why you should hire him for your wedding or event!

1. From the moment we first spoke, Paul was professional, organized and communicated with us throughout our engagement. We always felt like we were an important client and that he understood what kind of music and vibe we wanted at our wedding.
    2. He kept our dance floor packed! We had access to our playlist (Must Play, Maybe Play and Do Not Play), which was helpful as we planned our event. He made suggestions, and the result was the best dance party we could have hoped for!
    3. As someone who has planned several events, I felt confident in my ability to keep everything organized and managed, but I couldn’t have done it that day without Paul. He went above and beyond to communicate with my other vendors in advance, managed the evening’s timeline, and kept in close communication with my groom and I throughout the night.
    4. He took photos of us on the dance floor! In addition to all the wonderful photos and video I have from my other professional vendors, Paul snapped several shots of the dance floor and the very end of the night. We otherwise wouldn’t have had these memories, so this was a wonderful surprise!
    5. He has a wide offering of services. We only used him for DJ services, but you can book Paul and his team for up-lighting, fog effects, photo booths and more. He has a ton of experience as well as connections in the industry (thanks for the last-minute transportation reco!).

Paul rocks, book him today!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the very in depth review! Loved working with both of you, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you at more weddings in the future!!

Erica · Married on 06/16/2017

Highly recommend DJ Paul Michaels! He has been the DJ for two of my family members prior to our wedding and did a fabulous job! As soon as we got engaged, we already knew we needed him to be our DJ. We had a very intercultural wedding (Mexican and Lithuanian) which needed a combination of Spanish, Lithuanian, and English music. DJ Paul Michaels did an awesome job by incorporating all of the music. Our guests really enjoyed themselves, we got multiple compliments, and our dance floor was always filled!!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks Erica for the awesome review. You guys were great, and I always love a good challenge when it comes to music. :-) Hopefully I'll be seeing you at your little sister's wedding (if I remember right)!

nikita · Married on 04/08/2017

I recently worked with DJ Paul Michaels for my wedding in March and his service was phenomenal! DJ Paul Michaels was absolutely fantastic to work with!!! He is very detail oriented and wants to ensure your wedding day goes perfectly! His level of quality standards is benchmark in the industry and the proof will be the amount of people on the dance floor. He is also very accommodating to your wedding needs and goes through every step of the planning process.

For those of you who are having Indian weddings, have no fear! My wedding ceremony/reception was Indian and it was executed flawlessly!

Levi · Married on 10/22/2016

DJ Paul Michaels is a DJ that I still don't believe is real. He is surely a mythical beast that has ventured into our reality with the sole purpose of being an amazing DJ. Couldn't ask for a more professional, timely, flexible purveyor of fine music. Beware of booking him for weddings though, because he's a handsome devil and might steal your girl. ;)

Sent on 11/06/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Ha thanks Levy for the review. It truly means a lot to know that you loved everything I was able to do for you guys! Looking forward to seeing you at some friends' weddings in the future. I know a few of your friends were asking me about 2017 availability the night of your wedding. :-)

Alissa · Married on 10/14/2016

DJ Paul worked our wedding on October 14th, 2016. His professionalism and organization are unparalleled. He met with us multiple times to ensure that every finite detail was intimately planned. Additionally, he met with the venue to ensure that his set up, tear down, and event execution would be flawless.

His diligence and professionalism truly put us at ease. We had full confidence in him.

Paul had his finger on the pulse of the crowd the entire event. Despite the fact the crowd had eclectic tastes in music, Paul made sure the dance floor was filled to capacity. He really knew how to work the crowd. I personally appreciated how he staggered the speeches with the dinner courses so there wouldn’t be any speech-fatigue. Paul’s timing was on-point.

He helped make our day truly special, and we are forever thankful. To say that we strongly recommend Paul would be an understatement of epic proportions. If you’re going to choose a DJ for your wedding, your search begins and ends with DJ Paul. His professionalism, quality, diligence, responsiveness and flexibility are unrivaled.

~Justin and Alissa

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Worth every penny! Very detail oriented and contacts other vendors to make sure everything is set up so the bride and groom are stress-free on the wedding day. Very knowledgable with a variety of songs and kept all the guests dancing throughout the night! Our name in lights was phenomenal, a great add-on for sure. It was a pleasure doing business with Paul and his assistant Justin. If we ever need a DJ in the future, there is no doubt that we would contact Paul again!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the glowing review Jessica! Great to get to know both you and David and I look forward to seeing you both in the future at your friends' weddings!

Katrina · Married on 08/06/2016

Paul goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding is special. All the guests were impressed that he considered their song suggestions and not just the couples (which he would approve with the us if it seemed a little strange) He taught popular dances (The Wobble) to an overflowing dance floor. Book him! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Katrina! Had a blast celebrating with you and your family/friends! Can't wait to see you at a friend's wedding in the future!

Mitch · Married on 07/09/2016

Paul was fantastic in every way. He is highly organized and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. He met with us and helped us create exactly what we wanted. Paul assisted us with up lighting, a video slideshow, music and much more. Paul's easy to use web based portal page enables you to add any songs to your playlist at any point leading up to your big day as well as any songs you dont want. It also allows you to plan out your day and enables you to tell the DJ exactly what you want announced etc. You will not be disappointed if you book Paul. Very enthusiastic and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend him.

Adrienne · Married on 06/25/2016

Booking Paul for our wedding was a no-brainer! He is very personable and easy to get ahold of with all your wedding questions! I was a picky bride about the music and worried about my 80 and 90 year old family members having a good time as well as our 20 and 30 year old friends- Paul had the whole wedding dancing all night! Book him, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks Adrienne! Being a picky bride just means you know what you want, nothing wrong with that! It was great working with you to pull off an amazing wedding!

Doug · Married on 04/23/2016

DJ Paul is awesome! He's great to work with, has lots of options, very accommodating to meet us anywhere, very organized, knew our venue so he could help us plan, and has an amazing website that lets you sample music to help you decide what to use. His website can also be used to put together a timeline for the big day. Everything was perfect at our reception and our friends are still talking about how great the music was and how much fun they had! I've been to many weddings and Paul helped this become the best one I've been to. And I'm not just saying that because it was mine!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thank you Doug for the review! You guys were great and I'm so glad I could deliver exactly what you were dreaming of! -Paul

Allison · Married on 04/09/2016

Paul was great to work with!!! He was very accommodating for my busy schedule, and always made me feel like my day was as important to him as it was to me!!! Jimmy did an amazing job on the day of, and we have gotten a ton of complements on how fun our reception was. Thanks to DJ Paul Michaels for a job well done!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks for the great review Allison! Jimmy and I both had a great time working with yourself and Michael! Looking forward to seeing you at your friends' weddings in the future!

Nicole · Married on 03/11/2016

We we're referred to Paul through a friend, and loved his style. Awesome selection, and great quality speakers! We were sold before booking. Our reception went off without a hitch, couldn't have been more happy with the professionalism. I received a thank you email from our photographer who said that Paul was one of the best DJs he has worked with in a while because he let them know about when we would cut our cake and do our first dance, etc. I didn't even think about that! Glad we went with Paul!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks you so much for the great review! Glad your photographer enjoyed working with us as well! Since this came through as a private user, can you send me an email or text to let me know who you are? Thanks so much!

Angie · Married on 11/14/2015

Paul did an amazing job at my son's wedding. Everybody complimented the reception and music after all was said and done. I would completely recommend Paul and his services to anyone who is looking for a professional "fun" DJ. We can't say thank you enough !!!

Melissa · Married on 10/17/2015

From start to finish, Paul was amazing! I first spoke to him on the phone, & by the end of the call I knew we had found our DJ. At our first meeting he brought up a lot of points that we hadn't even considered which we greatly appreciated. He offered so many great additions to customize our wedding, most of which we used. He responded quickly to our questions and really made sure our day was unique to my husband and I. He really knows what he's doing. We still, a month later are getting comments about our wedding being one of the best and most fun. Paul is the reason for that, you seriously can't get any better.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa! We had a great time celebrating with you and Joshua. I loved working with you throughout the planning process to make sure we pulled off the perfect wedding for the two of you! Looking forward to seeing you at your friends' weddings (thanks in advance for the future referrals!) -Paul

Justin & Ashleigh · Married on 10/16/2015

We first met DJ Paul at another family members wedding in July 2014. As the night went on, we were in awe at how hard and focused he was on making the couples day special and just perfect. We knew right then that we wanted to book him for our wedding, even though we had not yet set a date! At our first meeting, we knew that we had made the right decision. We had lots of ideas and he was able to take them all and help us plan out our special day. As we finally set our date in October 2015, we had the pleasure of working with Paul for about a year and a half. He was so responsive to text, email and calls.

As the wedding day came, we did not have to worry about a single detail. DJ Paul performed our Outdoor Ceremony music as well as our Reception Music and up-lighting. The dance floor was packed all night long, Paul as able to play off of the crowd, he knew what to play out of our playlist and requested songs to get our guest out on the dance floor. The up-lighting was awesome, it started with purple and changed throughout the night.

We highly recommend DJ Paul and his staff to anyone who is looking for a great DJ. We were so happy with our choice!

Paul was very easy to work with and an excellent DJ for our wedding! He was always available via a phone call, email or even a text whenever we needed anything from him and we had absolutely no concerns or problems with using Paul as our DJ. He even offers a bunch of extra lighting, sound, and visual effect features to help make your wedding day truly one of a kind and what you've always dreamed of. At one point during our reception, he even got on the dance floor and showed all of our guests how to do the 'Wobble' so everyone could join in! Highly recommended DJ!

• Krystle

Krystle · Married on 09/12/2015

Dj Paul Michaels was amazing! He is organized, attentive, and has the latest technology. Our uplighting was beautiful and the music was exactly what we wanted. He helped us plan or timeline, gave us tons of suggestions on everything from music to games to when to cut the cake, and kept us and our guests dancing all night. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Paul Michaels Events's reply:

Thanks Krystle! It was a pleasure getting to know both of you and working with you. Hope to see you in the future at your friends' weddings!