Paul Kwak Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Patric H. Married on 12/19/2021

Paulkwakfilms is the total package!

So our journey with Paul started 2 years back when he still resided in CA and even though he moved to the other side of the country during this time, he did not ever ask for a price increase and honor his contract the moment we had to postpone. Paul is an upstanding guy and did everything within his power to accommodate our wedding. His team and himself were super friendly when we initially met, to the point that I almost didn't realize that he was our videographer! Post wedding he also gave a very clear timeline as to when to expect the video and delivered, he also let us partake in the video making by allowing us to select key parts we wanted in our video. We have only had our video for a week and we've watched it over a dozen times already. Paul genuine and professional demeanor make it impossible to not recommend him, he is everything that he advertises and more! Thank you again Paul!
  • Courtney
    Courtney J. Married on 11/12/2021

Loved working with them!

Paul, Andrew, and Prince were all so great to work with this past weekend at a wedding in D.C. They are all so talented, made the couple feel so comfortable, and create an amazing product (at least from the sneak peaks we have seen thus far). Would definitely recommend them to future couples!
    Caroline A. Married on 10/22/2021

Absolutely a dream to work with!

Our highlight reel is PERFECT! Absolutely loved working with Paul Kwak Films!
    Christina W. Married on 10/09/2021

Wonderful to work with

Paul was extremely professional and did an incredible job. I was amazed he had such a quick turn around on our 1 minute video, which was done by the time I was on my plane to go home the next day. Would highly recommend!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 10/08/2021

Simply the best!

Paul is simply the BEST! If you are considering booking Paul, RUN & book him now.

Where to start?

Paul was VERY easy to work with, flexible, creative, and collaborative. His work speaks for itself - professional, quality, and touching.

We will cherish our wedding short film and videos for a lifetime. So many have complimented our video! Paul did a great job capturing our feelings, words, and special moments.

Some of the reasons why we selected Paul - we wanted quality video production, a videographer who told a story, and the ability to incorporate our words (vows, toasts, etc). Paul checked all of those boxes! We did upgrade to the short film after the wedding and added the IG teaser. The day goes by fast, glad we have our day captured! This was hands down the best wedding investment we made.

• Raquel
    Raquel S. Married on 09/25/2021

Paul Made Our Dreams Come True!

I originally came across Paul’s work through our wedding planner and the minute I saw just a snippet of his videos I knew he had to be the one to create ours. It was absolutely the best decision we could have made and worth every single penny and then some. The pictures and video were my biggest want for the wedding because to me that is the way you can visually preserve your day. He created cinematic genius! It was way beyond our expectations. And trust me, with me being a media professional they were HIGH. Paul and his team were gracious, kind, prompt, communicative and professional. I just can’t tell you enough how obsessed we are with the way he captured our special day. He made our fairytale come to life on the screen. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Paul. You are an immensely talented and kind hearted human.

Riley
    Host of Your Morning Show DC
    Samuel S. Married on 09/11/2021

Spectacular

Paul and his team did spectacular work on the short film for my wedding. The edit was completed a few days ago, and the arrangement of scenes, the choice of music, and the choice of segments picked out from various speeches on our special day, were all done masterfully. The result was a beautiful and dramatic short video that makes you feel like the starring role in a movie. And this is the unanimous feedback I am getting from all my family and friends who watched the short film.

As someone that has never planned a wedding before, I felt that the cost of using Paul and his team was significant. But I took a look at his works and took the leap of faith, and I am glad that I did. If you’re going to be at a beautiful venue, with beautifully dressed people, and working with other talented (and yes, expensive) vendors, then you want someone who can capture all of that in one neat masterpiece—Paul & team did that for us, and we are left with a 5-minute video of the most special moments of our most special day that we will come back to time and time again, for a lifetime.

The video of our special day can be found on Instagram at @paulkwakfilms, November 8 post.
  • Allie
    Allie H. Married on 07/24/2021

Out of this world!!

Paul is absolutely amazing, we don’t even have the words for how perfect his work is! Paul and his team worked with us through 3 wedding dates total throughout our covid postponements, and were unbelievably understanding and easy to work with time and time again! Paul was such a relief to all the stresses that our postponements brought us, as we knew we could always count on his flexibility to maneuver through the unprecedented territory we faced. On our wedding day everything went by in such a rush, we were blown away to see all of the angles that Paul had set up once we got our footage back- it felt like seeing every moment back again as a guest at our own wedding, it was amazing! Additionally, Paul and his team were the calming and friendly energy we needed in the most stressful moments! His artistry and eye for capturing the feel of our wedding was mind-blowing, from the editing choices of shots to include and the music as well. If you’re on the fence between other videographers or whether or not to hire one at all, my ultimate recommendation is that you never want to forget not only the moments of your once-in-a-lifetime day but also exactly how that day makes you feel, and Paul without a doubt captures it all!
  • Kate
    Kate W. Married on 06/07/2021

Top Notch Videography Team

Paul Kwak and his team came highly recommended to us from friends who used him for their weddings. From the very first communication, Paul was professional yet personable, he was polite yet outgoing, and throughout the entire process he remained the above as we got to know him and his team. His work is stunning, his package options were organized and his delivery was more than we could have hoped for. We received his work in the timeframe provided, we had the add on option of raw footage, and we have the professional edits to look back on for a lifetime. If you're looking for a videographer for your big day, please do yourself the favor of not looking any further than Paul and his team. You will not regret his professionalism, talent, nor friendship. Paul, if you're reading this, thank you AGAIN from the bottom of our newlywed hearts. We will cherish your work forever.
    Ashley Married on 04/19/2021

Beyond Satisfied

My husband and I had the privilege of booking Paul Kwak for our micro-wedding this past April. And let me say, he did not disappoint. His work is truly one of kind. Our highlight video encompassed everything that was important to us on our big day. We even loved the background music he chose. As a bride, the wedding day can be hectic and overwhelming, Paul and his partner Andrew were incredible to work with, peaceful even. If you’re looking for a unique and timeless way to capture your wedding day, book Paul Kwak, you’ll be so happy you did.
    Bartek A. Married on 04/01/2021

Great value for money

Professional, quick to respond, flexible and offering exactly what we needed - a recording of all the key events of the wedding in addition to the usual 3min Highlights, Paul and his team stepped in on a short notice to save the day when my family was not able to travel to our big day due to pandemic. Working with Paul was smooth and easy. He was a available to answer our many questions and offered tips how to "act" in front of the camera. It also helped that he was familiar with the venue and knew where are the best spots for a good shoot. Most importantly, we're happy with the final product and do appreciate that we can share it quickly with my family abroad.
    Cori A. Married on 12/19/2020

Hire Paul. Don't Wait.

With our intimate wedding during COVID, we wanted to capture our special moments on film so we could share our day with our extended family and friends. We interviewed around six wedding videographers, and we couldn't be more thrilled we chose Paul.

Paul is a true artist who loves helping families celebrate love, and his second shooter Andrew is a talented bubble of joy. We enjoyed spending our wedding day with them... but we were blown away by our final videos. But given that we're the bride and groom, we are pretty biased humans about our wedding, so I'm sure my Uncle filming on an iPhone would have made us feel special.

Over the last few months, however, we have received countless messages from family and friends who have said they felt like they were at our wedding and cried at our highlight reel. That's Paul's magic. We're just average people getting married as people do...sure, we're in love, but so are you. Paul will find everything that makes you a unique couple and put them together as a story in a way that is unparalleled. Hire him. If you're like us, his work will be your most treasured keepsake from your wedding day.
    Huyen P. Married on 12/12/2020

Wonderful experience

My husband and I found Paul's video while venue shopping and before we even booked the venue -- we knew we wanted Paul. His videos are touching and beautifully put together.. and his song selection really harmonizes the whole highlight together. I really enjoyed working with Paul as he is really direct and thorough as well as and super kind and cool. Paul's video really was everything that I was expecting and more.. my husband and I have watched our highlights countless of times and continue to cry each and every single time. Paul -- thank you so much for your service. I knew the moment I saw your video at South Park that you were the guy! Thanks for also being so super freaking cool to work with. I will continue to refer you to any newly engaged couple I know.
    Hannah T. Married on 10/17/2020

Thoughtfully captured our beautiful day!

Paul and his team were super professional and responsive from the start! Paul was flexible with our COVID postponement and fortunately for us he was able to be there on our new wedding date! Paul and his team were fun to work with, super friendly and captured our most favorite day so beautifully! We were blown away with the end result and will have this wonderful memory to look back on whenever we choose to! Thank you all so much for capturing such an amazing day!
  • Adrianna
    Adrianna T. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing experience and stunning end product

Paul was so easy to work with and well in sync with our photographer. He captured moments we didn't even know existed and beautifully matched our wedding video to the vibe of our day with so much of our story encompassed. It was perfect.
    Marlana G. Married on 10/03/2020

I highly recommend Paul and his team

I discovered Paul Kwak and his team through social media as a connection from an existing vendor that came highly recommended to us from our wedding planner. We decided after a year long delay that we wanted a videographer, and were immediately impressed by Paul’s work. From our first communication, Paul was professional and personable. His package options are clear and organized. We received his work in the timeframe provided, and his delivery was more than we could have hoped for. He even accommodated some last minute changes that transformed our edits from good to great. He is an honest and professional videographer who takes great pride in making each edit the best it can be. We are excited to have his work to remember our day by. Upon showing our highlights to friends and family they insisted that they needed to book Paul for their own events. If you're looking for a videographer, please look no further than Paul and his team. Thank you again, Paul!
    Anne S. Married on 09/26/2020

Best wedding video ever!!

Paul Kwak Films were amazing videographers to work with! We were referred to him by our photographer and after tearing up on almost video on his website, we decided he was our guy!

While costs are a little higher than what we budgeted, our video was worth every bit of it. They were very professional, wore masks, and were accommodating at every turn. Paul and I ended up changing the start and end time the day for our wedding and he even suggested it so that our photographer and him would go through the day together (genius).

They made us feel comfortable throughout the entire day and captured the best moments of our wedding that we could share with our friends and families that were not able to join us during our pandemic wedding. Everyone loved our wedding video/trailer and asked when the real movie was coming out, haha!

We couldn't have asked for a better experience covid or not and would recommend him to any of our friends and families. We look forward to watching our elegant and amazing wedding video for years to come and hope to work with him again!
    C Maffia Married on 08/04/2020

Paul Kwak Films - Awesome!

Paul Kwak Films, Did an amazing job on my son and his wife's wedding! The wedding video is perfect. I have watched it several times to experience that beautiful and special day all over again. The special effects, music and editing is exceptional and a reflection of their professionalism and skills in capturing the essence of the special day,
    Eunice K. Married on 08/01/2020

Pandemic Wedding

After our original videographer backed out only two weeks before our wedding, we panicked and scrambled to look for another videographer. It was difficult finding someone that was within our budget who also produced high quality videos.

By some miracle, Paul was able to meet us at our budget price and so we booked him only ONE week before our wedding.
    This turned out to be one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Paul and his team were extremely accommodating, professional, and wore masks throughout the entire wedding day.

They captured our day so perfectly, making it look more elegant and beautiful than it was. All of our friends and family were so impressed by the movie trailer-like highlight video.

Since the wedding took place in the midst of a pandemic, many family members and friends were unable to attend. Now we have a video to share that recapped the wedding in such a beautiful way. We are so glad that we have this video to save forever!
  • Catherine
    Catherine F. Married on 06/20/2020

Best Videographer

We had such a wonderful experience with Paul as our videographer. From our first communication, he was incredibly professional and responsive. Our wedding was originally supposed to take place in June, but because of Covid, we had to push it back several months, and then reduce the size drastically. Paul was extremely understanding, flexible, and accommodating throughout the process. At the wedding, he and his assistant were very professional and discreet. The final product was absolutely gorgeous and captured our day perfectly. We are SO glad that we found Paul, and can't wait to work with him again for our post-Covid wedding celebration in the future.
  • Gina
    Gina Married on 05/09/2020

Wonderful Job!

Could not have asked for a better experience with Paul! With multiple postponements due to covid, Paul was very flexible and responsive throughout the whole experience. So happy with the outcome, our story was beautifully captured.
    Shannon R. Married on 02/29/2020

Paul is the most amazing wedding videographer....HIRE HIM!

Paul was an amazing videographer for my wedding in February 2020. When people ask me about my favorite vendors that I would recommend, Paul is at the top of that list. He covered all the most important aspects of our day in a beautiful highlights video. I still cry when I watch it. Most impressive to me, as compared to many other videographers I've seen at other weddings was his attention to detail, and his artistic talent in putting together highlights. I learned about him because I watched a video he did at my venue (District Winery) and could not get over how well he told the story of the couple falling in love. He provides a product that isn't just a video of your day, but a story of your love that beautifully captures the best day of your life. I highly recommend that you book Paul for your wedding--you will not regret it!
    Kim Married on 01/11/2020

I cherish my wedding video!

Paul and team did a fantastic job capturing my wedding day. They got all the right shots without ever being in the way. I'm so glad I hired them!
    John J. Married on 11/15/2019

A Wedding Photographer's top choice for videographer

We found Paul through him being the videographer for our best friends' wedding -- we saw the amazing video he produced for them and decided we had to have him shoot out wedding as well. What a great decision that was! He's incredibly professional, readily communicates and gives you updates, and produces top tier videos.

For our wedding day we paid for an extra videographer and the package where the entire wedding is captured and then clipped into a highlight video, with a website for seeing the full ceremony/reception/first look etc. We had mics attached to us for the ceremony and first look, and that way we got to hear what ourselves completely clearly, which might be my favorite part about all this honestly. No distant tinny audio, but bright and clear.

Paul was worth every penny, be sure to check him out!
    Hailey R. Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent Videographer--Highly Recommend!

We will forever cherish the footage that Paul and his team captured of our wedding! Our friends and family were blown away by the video quality and the editing of our wedding highlight film--it truly captured the emotion of the day and we couldn't love it more. Beyond the highlight video, I LOVE having the footage of our toasts, ceremony, and first looks that we can look back on over the years. The day is such a blur while you're enjoying it- it's amazing to be able to look back and relive it. Paul has such a clear artistic vision. You won't regret booking him!