Paul J. Spetrini Photography Reviews

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 3
Paul J. Spetrini Photography 4
Paul J. Spetrini Photography 5

Alisa Branco · Married on 09/14/2019

The best choice for any couple

From the moment we saw his work at one of the many expos we went to, we loved Paul's style and his down to earth personality. Not only is he reasonable, you can tell he loves this line of work. We're pretty far from the "traditional" couple, but Paul was beyond open minded and excited to be a part of our special day. His candid photo style is one of the things we appreciated the most; we got to enjoy our big day surrounded by so many people we love without having his camera right in our faces. Looking at all the moments he captured is insane and we will be able to reminisce for the rest of our lives. He was even able to calm my bride down when I was running a tad bit late to the venue (mind you, that's not the easiest thing to do lol). Many of our guests complimented on how great he was too, catching the perfect moments. He even edited some photos the night of the wedding for us to look through!! We got tons of edited photos neatly organized on a USB that were easily navigated and on top of that within a month of our wedding in a busy fall wedding season. Bottom line: He's quirky, sticks with his deadlines, and he will literally roll in the dirt to get the perfect shot for you!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 6
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 7
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 8
    Sent on 10/29/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2019

HIGHLY Recommended !

Truthfully, I don't know where to begin on this review because these are exactly what made all my vendor decisions. So I will start off with the fact that Paul was the best decision on a photographer hands down. If someone asked me to go back and re-do it, Paul would be my fist vendor booked easily.

He's affordable, personable, fun, professional, and his passion for photography was the major part that sold my husband and I on booking him. We received our wedding photos last weekend, less than a month after our wedding - that was HUGE for any photographer, especially with the amount of weddings he had in between, but he understands that you want to re-live your day. We hired Paul for a full day, along with a second photographer (through Paul) which we were so happy we did because we got such amazing photos from her as well, but honestly with what we received on Paul’s end we really didn't even need to put another photographer on. I feel like usually comments are always based on food when you talk to guests after a wedding but Paul was certainly the talk from all our guests. "He was on the ground at one point" is what everyone commented on and let me tell you you can tell which photos he was on the ground for! The wedding party and our guests are a very rowdy group and Paul went with it so smoothly, with such ease and ideas to create all personalities in our photos. I really thought having a photographer with me all day would make me feel awkward and less natural but that was not the case whatsoever and I can say with confidence that's because of Paul.

This is your big day and your vendors are the one who make it what it is, Paul is certainly one to make your day memorable during and after. I have looked at my photos every day since I've received them and I feel as if I'm living every single second over again - even parts I wasn't there for. Overall, I could not be happier to have went with Paul!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 9
    Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 09/01/2019

Thank you Paul!

Where do I begin. I initially heard of Paul because my cousins husband was our DJ and really enjoys working with him at weddings. We needed a photographer and decided if Steve thinks he is good we have to meet with him. So he gave Paul my information and I received Paul’s as well. We ended up emailing and set up a meeting for my husband and I to meet with him at Starbucks. I can honestly say we met with one photographer and that was Paul. After meeting him we knew we wanted him to be our photographer right away.My husband and I are both very laid back and happy people, and we could see that Paul was very similar to us but also very professional at the same time. Fast forward to our engagement shoot. At that shoot I was so happy because he just has the best ideas, but is also very considerate of yours and will literally do anything to make sure your vision come to life. This man would literally be on the ground just to get a good angle! He also just made us feel so comfortable and made it all feel so natural so I knew if he can make me feel that way at our engagement shoot the wedding was going to be even better. The week of the wedding I was getting very stressed with all of the details and Paul was there for me every step of the way. He made us a detailed timeline and anytime he could see me stress the day of the wedding he would calm me down. One thing Paul did that I will always appreciate was tell me to look at myself in the mirror and to just take a second. He told me to forget about everything around me and to just remember why I was there. To remember how hard my husband and I worked to make it all possible. Then he had me close my eyes and take a deep breath. Although it sounds like such a small detail it really was what I needed and helped me so much! Bottom line Paul isn’t only a great person, but he is an amazing photographer who genuinely cares about his clients. He is affordable, professional and he is now my photographer for life! Thank you so much Paul, I not only look to you as our photographer but also our friend!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Yesica

Yesica · Married on 08/31/2019

Most amazing potographer

We found Paul trough a bridal expo, And we are so happy we did, he is so talented, creative photographer but not only a great artist but a very affordable price, we couldn't ask for more, pics came out perfect. Thanks so much Paul.

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 10
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 11
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 12
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 13
    Sent on 10/08/2019

Kelsey · Married on 08/10/2019

Paul is the best!

Paul is the absolute BEST! He recently photographed our wedding in Newport and we could not have been more pleased with the results.

Paul really listened to us when we described what we wanted as a couple. Every detail was as important to him as it was to us. He captured THE most stunning photos around Fort Adams and we will be forever grateful to Paul to capturing our perfect day.

He’s affordable and professional. Without hesitation, hire him!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Cara

Cara Adams · Married on 08/02/2019

Kind and Professional

Paul was amazing to work with! My husband, myself, and our families were impressed by his professionalism and his kind demeanor. He was super accommodating and understanding when the day of schedule went off track. The photos he sent were wonderful! He does a great job at really capturing the action of the day. I can image our children and our grandchildren looking at these photos one day down the line.

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 14
    Sent on 08/26/2019

J. Geraghty · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect from beginning to end

If you're undecided about a photographer, look no further! Paul is the best!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Jennifer Morin · Married on 05/25/2019

Our photos are absolutely beautiful!

When we witnessed Paul photograph my brother's wedding back in 2018, my fiance (now husband) and I knew that we really wanted him for our upcoming wedding, so we were beyond excited when he was available. Let me just start by saying that it is very clear to me that Paul is very passionate about what he does. In my opinion, that is one of the most important things, because he truly cares and does everything he can to capture the perfect moments. He not only photographed all the big moments, but a lot of unexpected small moments as well, which I absolutely loved. He is very detail oriented, always setting up photos in a very appealing way, all those little things that one might not think about, that make for a stunning photo. Even our wedding guests commented on how awesome he was. Our pictures came out absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier. So, to anyone looking for a great photographer, who will lay in the grass and take on any challenge to get the perfect shot, and not only do beautiful work, but at a reasonable price too, Paul is your guy!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 05/24/2019

Nick and Hillary Wedding - May 24, 2019

Planning a wedding is all about making decisions - hundreds of them in a few short months. There was no better decision that my husband and I made, nor one in which we were so thrilled about, as the one we made to hire Paul J. Spetrini Photography to capture every moment of our special day. From our engagement photos, to the way he interacted with our friends and family on our wedding day, to the final results - which truly speak for themselves - he was an amazing photographer, and any couple would count themselves lucky to have him to record the most important moments of the most important day of their lives! Thank you, Paul!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Keisha Jones · Married on 05/18/2019

Magical Day

When people ask me if I would change anything about my wedding day I simply say, “NO” our special day was all I could have wished and hoped for and Paul helped to make it so. I hail from a boisterous southern family and Paul just helped so wonderfully with them as well as my husbands family. I knew that Paul was the photographer for us, when he asked me to share my story and he shared his. In a day and time when service can sometimes feel non connected, I felt connected right from the very beginning at our meeting in Starbucks. Paul really took the time to listen and be thoughtful of my wishes as a bride to have a relaxed and easygoing day. I also wanted a photographer who could photograph a mixed raced couple. On the day of our wedding Paul was just where he needed to be and took the best care of us without being intrusive or overstepping bounds, but was willing and able if we needed him to, to especially get the photos we truly wanted. I have since had the opportunity to look at the pictures from our wedding and I can’t stop gushing and smiling. I loved them so much that I used one as the backdrop for our thank you cards. For anyone e who knows me I completely and totally avoid the camera and being in pictures, yet I share the photos from our wedding day freely. I have never felt so amazingly beautiful and Paul captured me in a way that I’m truly proud of. If you have the chance to work with Paul you will be lucky and glad you did.

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 15
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 16
    Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Lori

Lori Howes · Married on 05/11/2019

Above and beyond ALL expectations of a wedding photographer!!

Paul went above and beyond all expectations we had for our wedding day. After our initial meeting, we knew we were in for a treat after going over our vision and goals for our day. We knew we had a very unique wedding in that we were not following all traditional wedding standards. My husband and I are both musicians and planned a unique celebration of our love with a non-traditional "first duet" in place of our first dance, and a performance with our band by the end of the night. Paul is an extremely honest and organized professional and from the first sit down, we knew we were in great hands as he effortlessly went through the options we had from soup to nuts. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience as a wedding photographer and married man himself. He knew exactly how to manage the day while not only capturing our day from bridal prep to reception but keeping me on track with our timeline and making sure I ate! He blended so effortlessly into the background where he was never intrusive, but always attentive to every special moment that occurred.
    What we loved about Paul’s work was his ability to capture moments we weren’t even aware were occurring. Not only does he cover your standard bases; formal shots, ceremony, wedding detail shots such as the rings, desserts, bouquets, head pieces etc., he is a master at capturing candid’s. Our favorite photos from the day were the shots he somehow bent over backward [literally at times] to capture. His secondary photographer Stacy was also a delight and we knew every aspect of our day would be taken care of and we were NOT disappointed. The teasers he posts the night of are always on POINT and leave you salivating for the rest! Our friends and family were all blown away by his abilities and professionalism.
    Additionally, I feel it is important to note that not only was he a rock star on the day of our wedding, he presents a completed package to you after the day in an organized manner that completely blew us away. He has above standard turnaround with a presentation that far exceeded anything we anticipated. Our photos were given to us in such an organized manner and easy to find, and he reviews IN DEPTH, each aspect of the package you receive. I would recommend his services a hundred times over to anyone looking for a professional quality photographer with pricing you cannot beat. Paul, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being not only a professional through and through, but a great, new friend in the process!!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 17
    Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Mike

Mike Bernier · Married on 05/11/2019

Fantasic Experience!

From the moment we met Paul, we knew he was the man for the job - and boy were we not disappointed! Every aspect of his work was truly top notch and professional. He was organized, informed, empathetic, and asked the right questions. He knew where to be and when. The entire experience made my wife and I feel calm and comfortable as we navigated the most stressful of all days. This is an invaluable trait to have as a photographer, vendor, or professional. And then came the photos themselves! WOW is the only word to describe it. He and his partner Stacey did amazing work with our formal posed pictures - the standard benchmark for a wedding photographer. But, it was the work they did with the candids that makes hiring Paul Spetrini Photography a no brainer decision!! A wedding's tone and color can be described by the feelings and energy of all of the guests and he captured the ESSENCE of those feelings from every guest in attendance. I still don't know how he was in position to take some of the shots he got.
    Paul is an excellent writer as well. Part of your package includes a custom photo blog that details the entire day. Reading his words brought my wife and I to tears and we were brought right back to those moments. Isn't that the feeling you want when you look back on your memories from your special day?

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 05/04/2019

The best and easiest decision we made!

From the moment we met Paul, we knew he was a total shoo-in for our photographer. He was easy-going and personable, but very attentive to details and our needs. Leading up to the wedding, we felt we could reach out with questions at any time and have a very prompt response. On top of that, we planned this all remotely from across the country! Paul took the time to get to know us a little bit before the wedding to ensure he was telling our story well. On the actual day, he was prompt, efficient, and respectful, and he never felt like an intrusive presence. He also wrote a lovely blog post about the wedding to document his photos. We loved working with him and hope more people get the chance to!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Grant

Grant Mooney · Married on 02/16/2019

Exactly What We Wanted

Sometimes, parts of planning for a wedding seem to be fate… and meeting Paul… was just that fate. Knowing that we wanted a small, intimate wedding was where we started and capturing that day in a way that would tell our story for years to come was where we wanted to be.

Like all good brides to be I had been doing my research online, never really finding what I was looking for in a photographer, but realizing what I did not. That said, by chance we stopped by a bridal fair. After all, it had been at a girl scout camp ground - that was worth checking out for the family!

There were many booths with lots to see, but much of what I was seeing was what I had seen online. I was drawn to a table with photos that I was truly impressed with. The photos had clarity, great angles of shots, and just absolutely everything I was looking for!! As I started to look through the photo books available I realized that I had separated from my family. Within moments I discovered that my family was chatting with Paul, and he was the owner of these amazing photos. I joined my family for a group conversation with Paul, and not only were his photo’s exactly what I was looking for, but so was his personal style. He was inviting, approachable, and knowledgeable. Everything that matched the intimate wedding that we had in mind.

Working along with Paul made our special day organized, he was professional and helped us fill in the gaps on what to do next. He had lots of great ideas and welcomed all of ours as well. I always felt like I could run anything by Paul, from ideas for photos to locations of shots. I felt that he truly had our best interest in mind, and wanted us to have the best experience possible. During the ceremony, no one noticed him, yet the images he created and captured reflected every moment with perfect clarity. Paul integrated seamlessly during the reception, and all of our guests commented on his wonderful accommodating demeanor.

We have had so many wonderful comments on our photos. Paul is truly talented as he brings his enthusiasm to life his work. We were so very happy to have him join us in capturing our special day.

Cheers- Kim & Dave

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Aileen

Aileen Caceres · Married on 12/16/2018

Working with Paul was the BEST

Let me start by saying every part of working with Paul was great! We found Paul through a friend who had recently posted pictures he had taken at her wedding. She had nothing but positive things to say about Paul so we reached out to him and it was the best decision.

During our initial meeting we could tell Paul was a gifted photographer. His portfolio was filled with beautiful pictures and his style was creative. We knew we wanted him to be our photographer right away but we were working with a very tight budget. Paul was kind as he talked through it with us and made a package that fit our needs at a price we could afford.

Prior to our wedding day he spent time going over our plan for the big day and wanted to know what was most important to us, making sure we could get the most out of our limited time together.

On our wedding day, Paul continued to impress us. He dealt with cold winds as we did our formal pictures by the water in mid-December. He laid on the cold, wet ground to get a beautiful shot of us. Not only was he a great photographer, he was a lovely person. Paul was gracious when working around a family member who continuously stood in the way with a cellphone and took pictures of guests, both candid and posed if they requested. My favorite set were all the great angles and shots of the first and parent dances that are already hanging on my wall.

After the big day, Paul had our pictures back to us within the time frame we had discussed. We met and he gave us a look at the beautiful work he had done and gave us an opportunity to make any special editing requests or ask any questions we may have.

From start to finish, Paul was a great person to work with. Although we had limited time, he produced a set of pictures that felt as if he had been at our wedding the whole night through. I do recommend booking him for as much as time as fits your budget, I can only imagine what beautiful shots of prep time and dancing he would’ve gotten had we had him around for longer.

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 12/01/2018

Thank you Paul!

When it came time to search for a wedding photographer, naturally I asked those I knew who had just gotten married. I went and searched some photographers to check out their work and no one really caught my eye. I came across Paul’s work and I knew that we had to meet. Hiring Paul to photograph our wedding was hands down the best and easiest decision we made. My husband and I were worried we would look awkward in our engagement photos but Paul made the whole experience so relaxing! From us munching on pizza in between shots, to him making us laugh at shirtless people jogging behind us as we set up for a photo, Paul was the best!

When the big day finally came Paul again helped me keep calm. He was there right on time and was none stop until the end of the night. Throughout the whole night Paul kept us informed on the time and kept updating us with what we still had to do. He played a big part in the night running as smooth as it did. After everything was said and done we received our photos much sooner than we thought we would have! He gave us just over 2100 photos of our day from start to finish! We absolutely loved going through each and every one of them, and reliving the night! The time and effort Paul put into our day and editing our photos is clearly shown through his work!

Even though our day has come and gone, we’re still in contact with Paul as we are having an album made. We can’t thank him enough for the amazing job he did with our photos, and I know our album is going to come out just as beautiful! If you are looking for a down to earth, reasonable, and overall awesome photographer, then look no further because Paul is your guy! Thank you, Paul for the amazing job you did capturing our special day! We are forever grateful!
    The Farrells

Sent on 01/21/2019

Cara Mclaughlin · Married on 11/11/2018

Would recommend to FAMILY and FRIENDS

Paul was excellent to work with even from our initial meeting. He was organized and very helpful in structuring our day (something I was grateful for as we had no day of coordinator). Paul worked with us on price even though we had multiple locations. Leading up to our day I never waited more than 5 minutes for a response back from Paul which was the best peace of mind. On the day of my wedding, not only my husband and I were impressed with his professionalism and ability to manage all the bridal party, but even my guests mentioned how on point he was. The night of my wedding we received beautiful sneak peeks. His work is flawless and exactly the quality that was represented in his portfolio. I would not hesitate for a second to recommend him to a family or friend!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Makayla · Married on 10/28/2018

Best wedding photographer ever!

Hiring Paul as our wedding photographer was one of the first things we were able to check off our wedding to-do list! Paul is a good friend of my husband’s from college, and initially when he said “my friend from college does wedding photography!” I have to admit I had my doubts. Before he had mentioned him, I had been looking into photographers and had found some with great reviews and Paul wasn’t even on my radar- then I saw the $4,000 price tag of those other photographers and said uh, no. I hadn’t researched Paul at all and hadn’t really looked at any of his photos or reviews before we met with him the first time. I was BLOWN AWAY with his work and wanted to sign the contract on the spot! He told us to think about it and look at the website etc. first and he didn’t just want us to go with him because he was a friend of Rich’s.
    Paul made us feel incredibly comfortable during the engagement photo shoot and was so flexible and was totally fine with moving the weekend so many times! We kept trying to hold out for snow to have engagement photos in the snow, and we were finally able to get at least some snow in the photos. Rich and I are an outdoorsy couple who love to hike, and Paul was such a trooper and let us drag him all over World’s End State Park in Hingham, MA in 30 degree weather. Come wedding day at the end of October, it was cold, drizzly and muddy. Our photos are AMAZING and Paul went above and beyond when he let me drag him, the groom and two bridesmaids to a swing that I HAD to swing on. He got down on the cold, muddy ground and had Rich push me in the swing towards him at the danger of him getting kicked in the face to get the perfect shot. During the reception, I was worried about how dark it was and Paul told me at the end that it was one of the darkest wedding receptions he’d ever shot but he was still able to make it work and again, the photos came out AMAZING.

I could go on and on about the whole day, Paul was spectacular. He made everyone feel incredibly comfortable, and the photos turned out spectacular. I would recommend him to anyone and do anytime anyone asks. Thank you so much Paul!

Mr. and Mrs. DelBonis ❤️

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 41
    Sent on 01/06/2019

Katie · Married on 10/26/2018

Katie, Bride

Choosing your vendors can be so stressful, and sometimes full of risk. Hiring Paul as our photographer was one of the BEST decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. When you first meet Paul, you can see that he is clearly a very talented photographer. You can tell by chatting with him during your first meeting that he has such a passion for wedding photography. But, what you don't know yet is that he is so much more than just your photographer.. Paul was the best wing man I could have asked for on my wedding day. I was at ease knowing that Paul took charge in preserving my sanity. He is a true professional. I am so excited to see the moments that Paul & Stacy captured based on the sample photos he sent us during the wee hours of the morning (after a 10 hour day of shooting). You're a rock star Paul, thank you for being the Goose to my Maverick!
    Update:
    We just received our photos yesterday, which Paul hand delivered to us and gave us a brief overview of his editing and organization process. Another attribute to how much he cares and how passionate he is about his photography. They were everything I could’ve imagined and more. So many candid moments that we missed as we were busy being a bride and groom. Thank you again, Paul we couldn’t be happier!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 42
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 43
    Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah Desmarais · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect balance between professionalism and comfortability

After reading countless reviews and researching many photographers, there was only one that stood out from the rest, Paul Spetrini. Besides his stellar reviews, his website was by far the most polished and professional we had seen. Not only was the website aesthetically pleasing, it gave the exact info we were looking for without setting up a meeting first (as many other photographers require you to do). Paul has his pricing, packages, and availability all easily accessible. As if the website design (and beautiful photos) weren’t enough, we were entirely reassured when we read his bio being an award-winning photographer employed by a couple local newspapers. This gave us the final legitimacy that Paul was no amateur.

We reached out to Paul and he responded almost immediately with dates and times we could meet. Paul is incredibly down to earth and friendly. We already knew his work was good from his website, but his presentation was flawless, and we left knowing that this was the photographer for us. We booked Paul and soon enough had our engagement photo session with him at Roger Williams Park. A photoshoot can be an extremely awkward and uncomfortable experience (especially in public!). However, Paul was able to calm us down right away and our fun and excitement clearly shone through to the beautiful pictures that were taken. Despite a hot day, we had a blast!

Though the engagement session was amazing, everyone knows it’s the wedding day when you have to step your game up and Paul hit a grand slam! Prior to the wedding, there was an untimely injury at the bachelor party, that had the soon to be groom in a cane and knee brace. Paul adapted seamlessly to this late bombshell! With Paul’s guidance, we were able to adjust the timeline and photoshoot locations to more easily accommodate the injury. Paul (along with his second shooter Stacy) both hustled all day long and their energy level never wavered. They both made sure that the cane was out of every picture that was taken. Paul and Stacy were very creative with their setups and ideas, but also took plenty of candids that revealed the fun and party atmosphere that we all enjoyed!

Needless to say, we were speechless when Paul met with us to go through the edited photos and his personal favorites in the “Highlights” folder. We relived the wedding all over again. From the silly wedding party entrances and heartfelt first dances to the electric and crazy dance floor, it was a night we won’t soon forget thanks to Paul.

Paul Spetrini strikes the perfect balance between professionalism and comfortability. We highly recommend Paul to photograph your wedding experience!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 44
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 45
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 46
    Paul J. Spetrini Photography 47
    Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2018

Unequivocally the best!

Hands down the best thing that happened to us while planning our wedding was finding Paul. As soon as we met him we breathed a sigh of relief. We had many reservations about professional photos because we had already done an engagement session elsewhere, which was a bit of a nightmare. The photos were overly posed, the use of props was egregious, and the final images left a lot to be desired. Paul took the time to get to know us and understand our personalities, so by the time we had our engagement shoot with him, we were comfortable together and we knew how to communicate with each other. The session was full of genuine smiles and laughter as Paul captured us naturally, happily including our dog in photos as well as our parents (who had come along as puppy wranglers). When we got our images back, we were blown away by the quality and by how well they demonstrated our personalities.

We eagerly anticipated our wedding, which Paul would be attending with us in Florida. Yes, we love him so much that we flew him to FL for a couple days so he could shoot our ceremony. It was worth every penny and there is no one else we could have imagined having by our sides on our special day. In the time leading up to the wedding, Paul was always available to answer any questions we had and helped us plan and create timelines for both our ceremony (in FL) and our reception (in MA). Paul's laid back personality helped calm my anxiety, especially the day of the ceremony when I was just a mess of emotions. At our ceremony Paul was everywhere…he did not miss a single shot. We didn't have a lot of requests, choosing instead to trust his eye and believe me, we made the right decision. He worked seamlessly with our videographer to ensure they both got the best coverage of the day and was nothing but enthusiastic as we dragged him halfway around Disney in 90 degree heat for our formals.

At our reception back home a couple weeks later, Paul was joined by his associate photographer, Stacey. We had a lot of moving parts that day and we wanted to make sure we got it all covered. From a Zumba flash mob, to my husband getting kidnapped by Darth Vader, to laser tag, the whole day was organized chaos. Paul and Stacey exceeded all expectations, working beautifully with our day-of coordinator to ensure we stayed on time and making sure everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. Our families adored both of them, and it was noted that they seemed to be enjoying the day as much as we were. We had left a couple of camcorders out for guests to use, and at times I saw Paul with his camera in one hand and a camcorder in the other…we later found out that he had been "interviewing" guests and creating a sort of virtual guest book for us since a lot of people had overlooked signing our actual guest book. This sort of above-and-beyond thinking is standard of Paul. He does everything in his power to make his sure his couples are happy and have a perfect experience on their special day. At the very end of the day when everything was winding down, Paul took me and my husband aside, told us about his impromptu undertaking, and asked us to say a few words as well, both to our guests as a thank you and to each other, for our future selves. We were so touched by the gesture that even my husband got teary-eyed, and he's not a crier.

We got our photos back about a month after our reception, and it was almost as fun to relive the events as it was to experience them firsthand. Paul's dedication to telling a story through his photos is evident and even a complete stranger looking at our photos would have felt immersed in the day. There were photos so beautiful we didn't recognize ourselves; photos that perfectly showcased our personalities; photos bursting with the love and emotion of us and our families; and photos so crazy that we belly-laughed out loud.

Paul's rates are extraordinarily reasonable and his packages are fully customizable, so you can get the gorgeous photos you want without breaking your budget. We wholeheartedly recommend Paul to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer (or a badass karaoke singer, but that's another review!). He is a genuine person with a heart of gold and an offbeat sense of humor that will win you over in a second. I'm telling you; contact Paul now…you will be glad you did!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Justine · Married on 10/06/2018

I cannot say enough about Paul. He didn’t stop from the moment he arrived at bridal prep until he (literally) sat on the floor after the final song was played. He somehow managed to be everywhere he needed to be all at once; every time I looked he was capturing photos of our friends and families. He managed to take all of our formal photos, along with his assistant Mike, in a limited time frame due to the sunset. AND he provided a sneak peek for us by the time we got back to our hotel. I can’t wait to see everything!

Paul J. Spetrini Photography 48
    Sent on 10/08/2018

Meghan Baker · Married on 09/21/2018

Always the professional

I’ll briefly begin addressing value and cost. Paul’s photography packages are right on point. His prices are very fair and allow couples to stay within their budget. We recommend you chose a package with the longest hours you can reasonably afford.

Overall, Paul was organized, professional, thoughtful, creative, patient, and timely. Taking time to get to know us, our personalities, and our likes/dislikes; and uses that to create gorgeous photographs.

Paul was responsive, prompt, flexible, and thorough. We first met Paul during our engagement shoot, where he drove well over an hour to meet us in the Charlestown section of Boston, a section of town in which he hadn’t shot. He took just the right amount of time to instruct us about positioning and angling our stances. Our photos came out awesome; and he posted an incredible blog about our engagement session - which clearly reflected that he took a lot of time to organize and write.

Our next experience with Paul was during bride and groom prep, around 10 AM on our wedding day. My husband getting ready at a men’s spa/barber and myself at the Biltmore Hotel. We chose the photography package with the second photographer and longer hours because we wanted to have the prep in our photos. Paul took some great photos of the guys and then went over to the hotel; where he again took some more gorgeous photos. He chose very effective locations in and around the hotel.

Next, the church. Paul and his assisting photographer split up and took photos from several angles and vantage points. They were very creative and forward-thinking with their placement and viewpoint. We felt as though everything from the ceremony was captured. We had a surprise appearance, by boat for our reception and these were some of our favorites (he even helped to dock the boat!). Our venue was waterfront, and the winds were blustery; many of us were getting antsy to get inside, not to mention hangry. Paul shined and excelled at this time as he wrangled all of the parties and managed the personalities professionally. From the entrances, to the first dance, prayer, and cake cutting, all the photos came out awesome. Even taking time to intermittently photograph us with anyone we wanted in a side area of the reception space which allowed us to get some solid shots of friends and family who weren’t in the wedding party. Lastly, the partying. Wow, Paul absolutely killed it! He literally was on his back taking photos, and he got some priceless shots! We then asked Paul to stay an extra hour (probably his twelfth straight hour in a row). That was definitely worth it and we recommend adding on extra time for these photos; his candid and action shots were remarkable.

Our wedding day felt like it went so fast, but Paul was able to document and preserve so much of it for us.

It took Paul about 6 weeks to send us our photos. Paul didn’t just send us the photos, he went above and beyond and met with us in-person for over an hour to share the information about the photos (flash drive and back up DVDs). He really does pay attention to the small things.
    We don’t have Shutterfly album yet as we are still working on layout and photo choices, but based on the PDF, it will come out great. Again, Paul created a thoughtful blog so that we could easily share it on social media. His writing style and the chronology of the photo choices told a beautiful story. Reading his blog felt like opening a present and we were proud to share it.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful experience!

When Adam and I started planning our wedding we knew that there were a few things that were incredibly important to us. We wanted to ensure that our day embodied everything that stood for us- our personalities, our friendships, our love for each other, great food, good music and lots of fun. For me it was even more important to have a qualified individual capture all of this- from those moments where you can find us alone smiling at each other, the random smiles that would cross our guests face, or even the crazy group shots that included my husband piggyback on one of our groomsmen- all were equally important. We only had a few hours of the night to experience but so much happens during that time and we needed someone that we could trust who would be able to retell our story for us. We found that in Paul. We found Paul by chance through Facebook and we are glad that we did. Even at our first meeting he made us feel important and gave us plenty of options as well as time to sit down and discuss amongst ourselves if he was a good fit. Throughout the planning process Paul was easy to communicate with and readily available to offer advice and his responses to emails were quick and thorough. Paul worked with our wedding coordinator to ensure that our day went smoothly and everything ran on time. I was even ready and waiting to get into my dress early- which, if anyone knows me is insane because I am always late. His attention to detail was perfect- making sure he obtained the right shots and finished our list of formals. Once the formalities ended and the reception started he blended right in and most of the time you wouldn’t even know he was there- but I ensure you, he was. He was there capturing everything. Then as if his day wasn’t long enough he went home and worked on some sneak peaks which he sent over shortly before we went to bed. Does this guy ever sleep? I think what really makes Paul special is that he cares for his clients- when he is with you and documenting your day- you are all that matters. At the end of the day or even night you can tell if someone just enjoys taking pictures OR if someone is passionate about capturing memories. Paul is passionate and I am glad we trusted him with our memories! Paul, we cannot thank you enough for your beautiful work. We will have these photos to look back on for many years and we are beyond grateful.

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Oldham · Married on 09/02/2018

Must have Photographer!

Hiring Paul to be our wedding photographer was one of the best & easiest decisions my husband & I had made during our wedding planning process. Everyone knows how stressful picking your vendors can be, especially finding someone within your budget & pictures were in the top 3 of most important to me. Finding a phenomenal wedding photographer that fit our budget was starting to feel like trying to find a needle in a haystack that was until we met with Paul. After stalking his business page & Facebook and viewing his work I knew he was the guy to hire, I specifically fell in love with his candids - The quality in his pictures just speak for themselves. He is amazing at what he does, he captured the true emotion in every single picture come our wedding day and you can honestly tell he loves doing it! He is so much more than a photographer too,
    A week before the wedding day we had a phone conference to go over the timeline of the day and was very impressed with his recommendations as far as things to have on hand & what to expect come the day of the wedding. As soon as he stepped foot into my Mom's house during bridal prep (even after a 3 wedding weekend) his energy took over the room. He took complete control of the day and made sure I had received every photo I requested (& let me tell you there were a lot of them!) & then some! Any time I wanted a picture taken at my reception with friends or family he was right there to capture it. My wedding guests couldn't stop commenting on how above & beyond he went for pictures; standing on chairs, laying on the floor, getting into weird & uncomfortable positions on the dock outside our venue to get the sunset pictures just right and the second photographer we hired, Stacy was just as wonderful in helping Paul capture the beauty of the day! Once the pictures were delivered & I was able to share them to social media the notifications were non stop.. Everyone had nothing but wonderful things to say! Thank you so much Paul & Stacey for making our day perfect and capturing the beautiful moments that help us reminisce our wedding day like it was yesterday!

Sent on 10/24/2018