Patty Bakes Reviews

Patty Bakes 4
Patty Bakes 5

Bryan J Veale · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Couldn't be happier...

As my future wife and I walked through the Outer Banks Wedding Expo, we were lucky enough to have been steered toward checking out Patty Bakes by several individuals. We tried our fair share of desserts that day but in the end, it wasn’t really a competition. The minute we left Patrice’s booth, I just turned to my future wife and said “So, we are getting our cakes from her, right?”. We walked away with the overwhelming feeling that we could not go wrong in asking her to have her desserts as part of our event…we were so excited that we coordinated desserts for our welcome party with her as well. These were equally delicious and gorgeous as the cake. Throughout the entirety of the process, we never regretted working with her. She was thoughtful, conscientious, faultlessly diligent and one important quality that makes the wedding planning process easier…she was infinitely easy to work with. We were blown away with the cake offerings and found it difficult to narrow down our choices to what end up being 3 cake flavors. Yes, it was that hard to decide…they were all that delicious. While we ended up choosing three, there wasn’t a single cake that didn’t give us pause…. Cut to the wedding day and the cakes were stunning. They were flawlessly presented and delicious…which many of our guests commented on. Please do yourself a favor and give Patty Bakes a try for any occasion, not just weddings because she is THAT good at what she does while being a really great person.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Savannah

Savannah Johnson · Married on 09/28/2019

Dreamy and Delicious Wedding Cake

If you have a certain vision for your wedding cake and you’re unsure if anyone can pull it off, go to Patrice! She brought our mauvey, dreamy, delicious vision to life. Not to mention her flavors that will blow your taste buds away. Best cake I’ve EVER. HAD. She was flexible in scheduling a cake tasting for us and even when I wanted to change a few things she was completely behind us. Go with Patty and you’ll be overly impressed!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious and Gorgeous!

Patty Bakes was the perfect cake vendor for our wedding! I am gluten free, so it was important to us to have something that I (the bride) could enjoy without disappointing any gluten-loving guests. At our tasting, she brought three delicious cakes and you'd never be able to tell by the taste that they were all gluten free! I had a very specific vision of how I wanted my cake to look, and she matched it perfectly. I cannot say enough great things about her professionalism, responsiveness, and skill!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Suzi Alexander · Married on 06/15/2019

Patty bakes ice cream cake!

What to do when your daughter wants an ice cream wedding cake? Hire Patty Bakes! Patrice was up to the task and outdid herself! Our guests are STILL raving about how delicious this dessert was (not to mention how unique and FUN)!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Aly

Aly Garvan · Married on 06/02/2019

I love Patty!!

The moment we met at the Wedding Expo, I knew Patty would make an amazing wedding cake for our big day. When I told her we wanted cupcakes and a cutting cake - she out did my wildest dreams! The cup cakes were to die for! And our cutting cake - well it may all get eaten before our 1 year anniversary 😊

Patty Bakes 6
    Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Seona

Seona Ames · Married on 05/23/2019

High Quality Delicious Cakes

We had salted caramel cupcakes!! So delicious. She was recommended by Jonathan Photography. I believe he said she's from New York, and I love my new yorkers because they have a lot to compare around there ;) She bakes high quality cakes and I'm health conscious since everyone in my family has some sort of food allergy, who doesn't nowadays, but I knew I could count on her to create something simple, delicious, and for everyone to eat without feeling bad afterwards. Everyone absolutely loved her cupcakes, even my dad who always has something to criticize. Thanks Patty for sharing your talents!!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Erica · Married on 05/18/2019

Patty is an artist!

Patrice was the perfect cake vendor. For our wedding, we requested a water-colored blue marbled cake with gold flakes. She completely outdid herself and made the most stunning and beautiful cake for our wedding. She is truly an artist and can be trusted to bring your vision to life. Not to mention, her flavors are incredible!

Patty Bakes 7
    Patty Bakes 8
    Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Gray · Married on 05/10/2019

Patty Bakes is delicious and professional!

My husband and I hired Patty Bakes for our wedding and we were so beyond happy with our experience. First of all, Patrice was absolutely wonderful to work with; she was prompt, professional, and incredibly friendly. Second of all, the cake and cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! All of our guests were raving about how much they loved the cupcakes. Even the gluten free cake that she baked for me was so yummy, you couldn't even tell that it was gluten free! We would highly recommend working with Patrice Saltzman if you are planning a wedding; she won't let you down!

Patty Bakes 9
    Patty Bakes 10
    Patty Bakes 11
    Patty Bakes 12
    Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Shea

Shea Barringer · Married on 11/10/2018

Looks great and taste great!

I honestly have no idea what I am doing when it comes to design with cakes so I just asked Patty to do her thing. It turned out GREAT and I highly recommend. Not to mention the flavors were incredible.

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 10/27/2018

Best cake of our lives!

Patrice was a dream to work with, and we could not be happier with how our cake turned out!

Sent on 11/22/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

So delicious

Patrice is amazing! She took on our dessert bar for our wedding even though I was pretty late in the game looking for someone to do our desserts. She was pretty booked up given the late notice but she accommodated us without the bat of an eye anyway and I appreciate it SO SO much. Patrice is an artist! All of the desserts she made for our dessert bar were not only delicious but they were beautiful for presentation. She was so sweet to work with. The hardest part was just picking from all of her delicious flavors! All of the flavors were so creative and sounded so good, I wish I could have tasted everything! She did a wonderful job and I'm so grateful she took on our wedding. It wouldn't have been as good without her!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Meghan · Married on 07/02/2018

Patrice was wonderful to work with. From the planning to phase until getting the cake set up. She was personable, caring and professional. On our wedding day she even came back to place the flowers on top of the cake once we got the flowers, she wanted to ensure it was just as I hoped.
    Best of all - everyone loved the cake! Two flavors were unique and wonderful! Everyone loved it!
    Highly recommend!!

Jessie · Married on 06/02/2018

Patty is a creative force of energy! From her wonderful bubbly personality to her absolutely stunning masterpieces she creates with confections, she a talent to be trusted! Such enthusiasm and life goes into everyone of her cakes. I highly recommend patty cakes for any and all confectionary needs!

Sent on 06/16/2018

carly · Married on 05/27/2018

Patrice created our gorgeous wedding cake for our May 2018 wedding and it was absolutely amazing! Guests kept coming up to us all evening raving about how delicious it was. Not only did it taste phenomenal, but it looked absolutely beautiful. We wanted a simple semi-naked cake that looked elegant and timeless and did she deliver! Having her decorate our cake with extra flowers from our florist really elevated it to the next level. We cannot wait to work with Patrice again. Highly, highly recommend Patty Bakes!

Patty Bakes 13
    Patty Bakes 14
    Sent on 07/26/2018

Emily · Married on 05/25/2018

I can't rave enough about Patrice and her cakes! It was so amazingly easy working with her. From the beginning she has been so responsive, helpful, and just so friendly! I had no idea what I wanted in a cake when I first started working with her, but she guided my fiance and I through the whole process and we ended up with my dream cake. She was so great to work with, I ended up ordering a cake for my rehearsal dinner from her as well! Everyone at my wedding absolutely loved her cakes and are still talking about them two months later. Not only were her cakes delicious, but they were beautiful works of art as well! I would definitely recommend hiring Patty Bakes for any occasion.

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2018

Patty is very kind and can make you the cake of your dreams. When I thought I had no vegan options to use in the OBX I found her. I’ll be ordering from Patty yearly when I return to the beach. Thanks, Patty!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Radek · Married on 05/15/2018

Patty Bakes has an absolutely amazing service and the experience overall was outstanding. I loved working with Patrice from the blueprint (sketch) of the cake to absolute perfection when it was done including delivery to the wedding. Highly recommended to everyone, if you have any idea Patty Bakes will do it. I love cakes and I can bake so I know what I am talking about - that being said I need to order one for myself to enjoy it - I do not need any wedding or any occasion haha

Patty Bakes 15
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/10/2018

Thank you for jumping in last minute and getting exactly what I wanted! Also for suggesting and adding my favorite flowers! Oh and PS future clients~ yes get some macaroons you will savor every bite! We may not be in OBX for a few years but you will have our orders when we come back! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Kim · Married on 04/27/2018

BRIDES, LOOK NO FURTHER—CHOOSE PATTY BAKES!!!!
    She is so sweet (like her treats) professional, super creative and it will feel like you are working with your best friend!

Shawn and I just wanted to thank you SO very much for our perfect cake and cupcakes. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. Our cake and cupcakes were exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments on the design and taste. We realize it was quite the adventure to get out to the house, so thank you for that! Our day was perfect, and you contributed to it in a very big way.

Patty Bakes 16
    Sent on 05/03/2018

Janelle · Married on 04/14/2018

We celebrated my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary on the OBX in April. I contacted Patty Bakes and asked for some decorated sugar cookies and a cake. She was responsive, clearly excited about her work and communicated well while working with us to understand what we wanted and to help us clarify our vision. The result of both items was better than we could have imagined. They were gorgeous and delicious. I've never had a professional cake that had a flavor as amazing as the beauty of the cake itself. Patty Bakes offers the whole package, not to mention she is an absolutely delightful person who truly cares about adding this special touch to your celebration.

Patty Bakes 17
    Patty Bakes 18
    Sent on 05/29/2018

Kim · Married on 03/28/2018

The cake Patrice made for us was one of the highlights of our wedding. It was beautiful and delicious! Yummy and exactly what we wanted - the buttercream frosting was so light! We couldn't believe the flowers on the cake were made out of sugar - they looked like real flowers. And the chocolate drips were amazing! Patrice was excellent at communicating with us and made the process super easy and fun! She is so talented. I only wish she worked closer to us... so we could have her do our birthday cakes!

Patty Bakes 19
    Sent on 05/14/2018

cristina · Married on 03/11/2018

Patty Bakes , she contributed for my dream to come true . I had a punk rock n roll team wedding and everything was planned to match our lifestyles ! The cake she delivered was out of this world ! Fantastic! It was rock n roll ! With beautiful cream and eggplant color palettes. She listens and then she creates ! Fantastic job ! Thank you Patrice The Maestro ❤️

Patty Bakes 20
    Patty Bakes 25
    Patty Bakes 26
    Sent on 07/30/2018

Erica · Married on 12/16/2017

Patrice is a wonder with cakes! She has such a gift! Not only is she a joy to work with -- super responsive, friendly, creative, open to feedback, and flexible -- she produces! We had only two conversations about the kind of cake we envisioned for our wedding day. We shared a few pictures and selected the flavors. And BOOM! The most perfect two-tiered marbled (with gold leaf!) wedding cake appeared at our wedding venue. When we finally had a chance to sit and enjoy our wedding cake on Sunday it was heaven. Absolutely delicious -- flavors were expertly balanced, cake was moist and the fondant was to die for. We can't thank you enough for being part of our wedding day, we will treasure photos of our cake for years to come and we can't wait to enjoy it again on our anniversary next year! XOXO

Patty Bakes 27
    Sent on 01/08/2018

Jean · Married on 12/09/2017

We had so much fun working with Patrice! We live in different states, so we arranged a video chat to go over planning, then she sent sketches based on what we discussed - my husband, Patrice, and I all instantly agreed on our favorite. Patrice worked with our venue to arrange delivery and set up of our cake - one less detail for me to worry about! When I saw the cake I squealed with joy - it was my vision come true and then some. In addition to being gorgeous, the cake was delicious (chocolate with salted caramel, in case you need some help choosing yours!), every slice was devoured. 100% would use Patty Bakes again!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Jessie · Married on 11/27/2017

Patty is the best! From the tasting on she is quick to respond and was so accommodating with what we needed. I completely trusted her from the beginning and didn’t have to worry. We just had our November wedding where she made a stunning tiered pumpkin cake with cinnamon honey cream cheese frosting. Everyone is still talking about it!

Patty Bakes 28