Patisserie of Skaneateles Reviews

Patisserie of Skaneateles 2
Patisserie of Skaneateles 3

Becky · Married on 08/17/2019

Delicious Cupcakes/Cake

The cake and cupcakes were delicious. We didn’t have any left because they were that good.

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious and beautiful!

We worked with Vanessa and she was very organized and professional. The cake was delicious! And she was able to execute our vision perfectly. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Patisserie of Skaneateles 4
    Patisserie of Skaneateles 5

Kristen · Married on 10/01/2016

Its been five months since the wedding and my friends are still talking about how good the cake was!! I live in Baltimore, MD and was getting married in Skaneateles, NY so most of my consults with vendors were via email and phone. Michael was so wonderful to work with, very responsive and the cake was beautiful!! Thank you so much Michael and the team at the Patisserie!! Rob and I can't wait to come back and visit :)

Sent on 02/25/2017

Erica · Married on 07/23/2016

I had the most beautiful cake I've ever seen! Working with Michael was so incredibly easy, which, as all brides know, is so important when tackling wedding planning. The cake was delicious...all of our guests loved it! The cake looked gorgeous in pictures, as well!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Megan · Married on 06/03/2016

I have grown up asking for Patisserie cupcakes for my birthday. So, when it came time to choose a bakery for our wedding cake, it was a no brainer! They went above and beyond to help me create my vision for our wedding and to make the most delicious cake! I wish I had gotten more than one slice of our cake, but we already plan on ordering a small cake with the same flavors on our anniversary. Everything from Patisserie is always delicious, and our wedding cake was no exception!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Steph · Married on 05/14/2016

Michael has the best personality and is truly great at his profession. We had a May 2016 wedding and ended up doing a to go cake tasting because of our busy schedules. There were so many options and everything was delicious! We ended up choosing a 3 tier cake with alternating chocolate and white layers in each slice. The frosting was cream cheese. The fillings we chose were fudge and chocolate mousse. I also wanted a simple white cake that had subtle designs on each layer with vibrant flowers from our florist to accent it. When I saw the cake I couldn't believe how perfect it was! Not only was it beautiful but it was also one of the best cakes I have ever had. Our guests keep asking us to this day who we ordered it from. Thanks again for everything! We look forward to having him make us an anniversary cake when that day comes.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

Michael is amazing. His white cake is some of the best I've ever tasted. We got a four layer cake, two layers were vanilla with Bavarian pastry cream and strawberry filling, the other two were red velvet cake with raspberry pastry cream filling. Both were a huge hit at the wedding! The cake was breathtaking, exactly what I had envisioned. One of the best parts of patisserie is that rather than having to save the top of the cake in your freezer for your first anniversary, Michael will make you a brand new cake!!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Micheal Cheney was very accommodating. I knew I wanted a smaller 2 tier cake for display and sheet cakes in the back but wasn't exactly sure what I wanted it to look like. Michael took a couple pictures of ideas I had and created a simple, yet gorgeous cake!!! We live out of town and were not able to sample cake prior but the cake exceeded our expectations. We got vanilla with strawberry inside. Everyone raved. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/08/2015

We used the Patisserie for our rehearsal dinner and the dessert was fabulous. We did all small desserts: tarts, cookies, truffles, etc and everything was either eaten or happily taken home by the guests since we ordered a bit too much. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Mike and his staff were perfect! They offered us samples of the variety of flavors they offer. Did an amazing job listening to our ideas to create the perfect cake. We did a sheet cake as well. Absolutely delicious! Red velvet is the amazing! Best part was they offered us a cake on our anniversary!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Allison · Married on 06/07/2014

Michael and Patisserie were wonderful to work with for our wedding cake and pies on our June 7th wedding! Michael was extremely accommodating to my husband and I throughout the process, from prepping a "tasting at home" kit when my husband was going to miss our tasting due to a cancelled flight, to researching and finding a gluten-free pie crust last minute, to making our crazy vanilla/chocolate butter cream layered cake (that I actually drew out on a piece of paper), our experience couldn't have been better. We received SO many compliments on how good the cake and pies were!

Patisserie really does wonderfully delicious work and nothing would make me happier than to eat their cakes and butter cream frosting for the rest of my life (I was eating leftover cake for several weeks after the wedding and it was awesome). I'd also be bereft if I didn't mention their focaccia bread...we strongly considered giving it out as a wedding favor.

Definitely the best choice to go with for all your wedding (and non-wedding) needs in the Finger Lakes!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2013

Patisserie is a great choice for your wedding cake. Michael Cheney did a great job with our cake - truly a work of art. He made our cake look exactly like we wanted. The flavors were to die for. Our cake tasting was one of the highlights of our wedding planning. You can't go wrong with Patisserie!

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2013

Custom made cake with textured buttercream frosting and gold leafing.

I sent them an image found on Pinterest and they replicated it almost exactly. As fondant covered cakes have quickly gone out of style, it was refreshing to find a baker who could make a more more beautiful/ intentionally home made looking cake.

The frosting was delicious and covered two perfect and moist tiers: red velvet and chocolate.

We also purchased sweets from this bakery for the rehearsal dinner and for family breakfasts the week leading up to the wedding. Their bread is also to die for.

Highly Recommended.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Melisa · Married on 09/08/2012

As soon as we tried our cake tasting from Patisserie, we knew we had to use them for our wedding. Michael was truly fantastic to work with -- we loved his sense of humor and easygoing nature. We were planning our wedding from out of town, and Michael was very accommodating and flexible in discussing options with us over the phone or via email.

On the day of, he delivered and set up our cake, coordinating with our venue and florist without a hitch. The cake was beautiful and just as delicious as we remembered. We received so many compliments from our guests, and we finished every last slice on our honeymoon!

We can't recommend Michael and Patisserie highly enough.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Emily · Married on 08/04/2012

Mike's cakes are the only cakes you'll need to taste. He sets up an amazing tasting of several different flavors. They were all so good, my husband and I would have loved to have had any one of them. Our cake also looked beautiful and we got many compliments on how great it was. I only wish I could have eaten more of it!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Ally · Married on 07/16/2011

I gave Michael a 5/5 for every category, but to be fair, I have no idea how much the cake cost. (Mom didn't seem to bat an eye, so I will assume reasonable). I personally only had two bites of carrot cake and it was delicious. I am relying on the guests who told me it was great for the rest of it. The samples were delish (I ate all of those). Very easy to work with and while I don't really know what it tasted like, it looked PERFECT!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2010

Not only was our cake reasonably priced and beautiful-- it was delicious!! That's not a combination that's easy to find in a baker! Mike was wonderful and he helped us figure out what we wanted. We were very pleased and recommend the Patisserie to all of our friends for any occasion.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Amie · Married on 05/23/2009

Mike did a superb job on our cake. It looked amazing and tasted amazing. He was really nice and easy-going. We were surprised by how inexpensive the cake was.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2013

I did not want a traditional wedding cake and Michael was up for the challenge. We did a tiered cake ball cake and it was really cool! They were delicious as well! Chocolate peanut butter was to die for.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Kristina · Married on 10/01/2011

Patisserie was the first and last cake testing we did. We worked with Mike, who had an incredible sense of humor and made us feel at ease in an instant. He set up a wonderful spread for the tasting and it was difficult to make a decision as everything tasted fantastic! He was on time to deliver and set up the cake and it looked so beautiful! The cake itself had tiny floral detail all over it. He did an incredible job! The cake was delicious and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/02/2012

Erin · Married on 08/27/2010

I would recommend this bakery to anyone getting married/or any other occassion where they need a cake in the Central New York area. The cake was beautiful and delicious. We had a 3 tier cake and additional sheet cakes in the kitchen abd both tasted great and looked beautiful. The bakery is flexible and reasonable. We loved it!

Sent on 09/25/2010

Sara · Married on 10/10/2010

First of all, Mike is hilarious. But more important, he helped us keep our cake "us" and was just an absolute joy to work with. And, of course, the cake was beeeeautiful--and delicious!!!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Christina · Married on 08/01/2008

The cost for the cake was a lot cheaper than any of the other vendors I checked out, which amazed me! The cake looked exactly like the picture I gave them. All the guests raved about how good it was!

Sent on 09/24/2008

jennifer · Married on 09/03/2007

I ordered several weddign cakes to use as table decor for my wedding. Each guest table had it's own cake as a centerpiece. The staff was very flexible and the cake tasted amazing. I definately feel they are the most upscale cake baker in the Syracuse area.

Sent on 01/29/2010

Michael was very laid-back, but very helpful and attentive to what we imagined for our reception. He ended up putting together a great set up which was incredibly delicious and got a lot of good comments from our guests!

Sent on 10/29/2012