123 Reviews for Pastries by Design

Pastries (2)
Local (2)
Cupcakes (1)
Dessert Buffet (1)

Alex was so much fun to work with - we had scheduled a last minute tasting (just about 4 weeks before the wedding) because we had been indecisive on our cake. She assisted us right away and gave us her recommendations based on our tastes and wishes for a design. We worked with our florist to coordinate bringing fresh flowers to the reception and her team arranged them beautifully on the cake. The cake was quite possibly the most amazing cake I had ever tasted! Not to mention it was absolutely beautiful. She gladly accommodated our guests who are gluten free, and some who were both gluten and sugar-free with delicious cupcakes. That was something we had a hard time finding elsewhere and we were extremely pleased when she was so happy to assist!

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After doing some research into a cake for my wedding, I made an appointment with Alex for a cake tasting for my husband and I. There are SO many different flavors to choose from, both regular and premium flavors. We picked out a handful of combinations we thought would be good and sent them to her. She had everything ready when we got to the appointment and her cakes are out of this world good!!! When we agreed she would be the one and were talking about prices, she was super straight forward with us. We wanted flowers on our cake and she told us up front "I can do the flowers in icing, but it would be cheaper to go through a florist and have real flowers" We wanted ribbon on the cake as well and she told us she could use hers or we could get it from wal mart for like .98 and just drop it off. We also had the option of renting one of her cake stands or using our own. She wasn't trying to nickel and dime us on everything, she was straight forward and after paying so much for everything else in the wedding, we really appreciated someone trying to help us save some money. That was the one of the main reasons we chose her. She also let us change stuff a few days before the wedding. I told her I wanted a cake topper that I received as a gift and she told us it was no problem. I brought the cake stand and topper to the wedding, Alex coordinated with my day of coordinator and florist to get the cake there with everything on it and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!! It looked and tasted better than I could have ever imagined and we are still getting compliments on it 2 months later. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND pasties by design for weddings and everything else!!!

Profile Picture Cali, 11/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Fresh Fruit, Local

I worked with Alex to make my cake for our wedding on September 3rd. The theme was Beauty and the Beast. As soon as I showed her the cake I wanted to started with ideas on how to make my dream cake, make it tasty, but still affordable! Everyone LOVED the cake and I would absolutely go there again for other events! Thank you Alex for your awesome work!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/3/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands

These ladies did an amazing job on my wedding cake! I ordered 1 month in advance since it was a simple cake. As a former wedding cake maker/decorator I know the time and hard work it takes even for the most simplest cakes and these ladies are spot on! Pricing is right and quality is 100% there. My (now husband) picked up the cake the day prior. They had it perfectly packaged for him to transport easily! I highly recommend using Pastries by Design as your wedding cake one stop shop!

Profile Picture Kristi, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Yummy, delicious cake like always!!!!!! this is like my 4th cake from this place, they are awesome! Thanks to Alex for all the coordination and help making my wedding cake just like I wanted it!

Profile Picture Laura, 2/4/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Stands

Our wedding cake as gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. Everyone raved about how delicious the cake was. We also order mini apple and pecan tarts which were a hit! Great value for the quality. Alex was a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture User6565884, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Pastries, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Alex was wonderful to work with. Our experience started with an amazing tasting. The wedding cake Alex designed was absolutely beautifully and just what we had in mind. It was delicious too!!

Profile Picture User6645038, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Pastries by Design was a great experience from start to finish. Our tasting was a really fun experience with delicious cakes, icings and fillings to try, and the end result was beautiful. We wanted a half naked cake and various flavors, and they helped us find a compromise to ensure we got the types of cake we wanted without risking the structural integrity of the design we had selected by having a side cake for a certain flavor. We were so happy with how our cake turned out, and our guests loved it!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 12/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Pastries By Design created THE most stunning cake for my wedding this past Friday. It was delicious and so beautiful!! I also have a gluten allergy and this bakery catered to it, so my whole cake was gluten free and irresistibly delicious!! I highly recommend this bakery for all your dessert needs and wedding cake!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/9/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow! We were so blown over by our cake! Alex worked so hard to understand what we were looking for in our cake design. She nailed it! Our consultation was great and the cake tasting was a blast! The final design was perfect. The cake was delicious! Our guests are still raving about it!

Profile Picture Denise, 11/5/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

Pastries by Design is incredible! They made our wedding cake and groom's cake. Everything was absolutely perfect! Not only were the cakes GORGEOUS but they are the most delicious cakes you've ever had in your whole life. Look no further - this is where your dream wedding cake comes from! Alex and the team are stellar!!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 10/22/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Cake Stands, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Pastries by design was superb in every aspect! From our cake tasting 6 months prior to our cake cutting the day of they were incredibly professional, took direction well, and crafted the confection of my dreams. In addition to our cake we had personalized sugar cookies of the states of IN and TX created to help our guests feel at home, they were beautiful and tasted great, but at almost $4 a cookie came with quite the price tag!

Profile Picture Marial, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alex at Pastries by Design is amazing! She and her team made my wedding cake dreams come to life! Every other baker I called turned my ideas down or were outrageously priced. She not only made my cake, she made it better than I had imagined and it was affordable! We had 2 flavors and both were so yummy and moist. We don't live in the area, but every time we come to town, we stop in for cupcakes. Book her and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture jocelyn, 9/3/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Cake Stands

Amazing quality and so easy to work with. We absolutely loved our wedding cake, it was beautiful and tasted great!! It was a huge hit. So happy we chose Pastries by Design!!

Profile Picture Adam, 7/16/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Pastries By Design was great!! I sent them a picture of how I want our wedding cake to look and they made it exactly the same as it was on the picture... Oh and the taste???? OMG it was soooooo good, all of our guests loved it!! Thank you for everything! Katie & Corbin

Profile Picture Katie, 6/26/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Cake Stands

Our wedding cake was stunning, but more importantly our guests raved that it was the best cake they had ever eaten! Thank you for spending time to make our wedding cake beautiful (2 design changes later) and most importantly something so delicious our guests are still raving!
Wonderful vendor with great cakes!

Profile Picture jacqueline, 6/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Pastries by Design made mini cupcakes for my intimate destination wedding. Everyone LOVED them, only wish I had ordered more as we ran out! Alex, the owner, was great to work with. My father and I have Celiac disease, and Alex was able to provide gluten free choices so we could enjoy along with the rest of our guests. There are so many great flavors, but I highly recommend the White Chocolate Raspberry and the Key Lime!

Profile Picture Karin, 2/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alex with Pastries by Design did a fantastic job with our cake, surpassing our expectations!! Our guests loved the flavor and wanted more :)

Profile Picture Julie, 1/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes
4.2

During our initial cake tasting, Alex was created such a fun and exciting experience for my fiance (now husband) and I. She provided many different flavors of cake, filling and icing that were setup for mixing and matching. Initially, we were going to do multiple small cakes because we loved so many flavors Alex had to offer. Later, we decided to create a dessert table filled with small bites in addition to a small cake for my husband and I to cut. I cannot fully describe the flavor of the items that we had because they were so AMAZING. We had the vanilla cake with raspberry preserve filling and vanilla icing. For desserts, we had the chocolate peanut butter shooters (crowd and husband favorite), vanilla bean shooters, key lime tarts, cheesecake tarts, mini red velvet cupcakes, and rice krispie pops (my favorite). We paid the additional fee to have the team set up the table using their creativity. The pricing is a bit extreme, but the quality of the desserts and level of expertise made up for that.

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Very good service, communication and responsiveness.

Profile Picture Teresa, 1/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I asked for a naked cake and sent a picture (just expecting something similar). They got it on point!!!!! It was perfect just like the picture! And it was delicious!!! Super exceeded my expectations!! They were also wonderful to work with, very nice and professional. Definitely recommend!!!

Profile Picture Lynette, 1/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Cake Stands

Alex was extremely helpful and responsive to our cake design ideas. She took the time to discuss different styling options during our tasting since we were unsure of what would be best given our wedding size. It was very difficult to narrow down but we ended up with a 4 tier cake with 4 different flavors. The cake turned out absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing. We had guests comment on how awesome the cake was. Highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 1/8/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Cake looked great and tasted wonderful.

Profile Picture Neale, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

When I went for a tasting I KNEW I just had to use this bakery. I used them for both the grooms cake for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding cake. We got the "espresso machine" flavor (chocolate cake soaked with espresso and espresso buttercream) for the rehearsal dinner and they did a 2 tier camoflauge Bass Pro Shop cake. The details in the camo, deer, flounder, bass, turkey, and bow and arrow were absolutely amazing. I could not believe it when I saw it. For our wedding cake we got the "Key Lime" flavor (vanilla cake and cream cheese filling with key lime curd). It had white buttercream outside (so smooth and not a flaw in the outside icing), 3 tiers, with silver edible sequins going in a burst design with fresh flowers. It was gorgeous. I could not have imagined anything more perfect. Alex was amazing to work with and so helpful as counts changed. I would recommend this bakery to any bride who wants quality. freshness, detail oriented bakers.

Profile Picture dana, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Local

Thank you so much for a wonderful cake and experience at your bakery. Your customer service is outstanding, thank you for taking time to answer all of our questions and let us taste the many cake flavors you have to offer. Everybody at our wedding LOVED the cake. I will definitely keep coming back for more cakes for future events. Your bakery is the best!

Profile Picture User5283824, 2+ years ago, 1 Review