Pastries by Design Reviews

125 | Bradenton, FL

125 Reviews for Pastries by Design

• AMANDA

Amanda · Married on 03/02/2012

Lyndsy did a wonderful job with our wedding cake! She helped me refine the design I wanted for my wedding cake and I loved the different flavor options she offered. We chose the Tropical Delight and Florida Key Lime Cake. They were so yummy everyone loved it, except for our top tier we are saving I dont think there was any cake left! I also asked Lyndsy for a grooms cake which she did an awesome job of as well. My husband loves his Harley so I gave her a picture of his favorite helmet and she recreated it in cake form! Awesome job!

Sent on 03/11/2012

Roxanne · Married on 02/25/2012

Lyndsey was great to work with. Even though we had so many ideas in our head, she was able to decipher what we truly wanted. We also asked her for a custom cake and icing flavor, she delivered beautifully! All of our guests where blown away by the cake and design. If you are getting married in the Sarasota area, Pastries by Design is the way to go.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 02/11/2012

Best cake flavors ever! We tried 3 different cake/pastry shops in the Sarasota area, and this by far exceeded all of them. The owner is sweet and very good at what she does. She will not dissapoint!
    We had an unusual flavored cake (chocolate peanut butter bacon!) and almond cake with rasberry for the 2nd flavor...both were unbelievable! Everyone surprisingly loved the bacon! It was delicious, and beautiful.
    The shop is adorable, and the cake tasting was the best experience...really helped get us in the mood for planning our wedding! You must go here!!!

Sent on 05/20/2012
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 01/07/2012

Delicious and beautifully decorated! We ordered both our wedding cake and groom's cake from here and loved each one! The guests did too! They were very easy to work with and delivered for a great price!

Sent on 01/09/2012

Victoria · Married on 11/12/2011

We had a great experience with Pastries by Design. We ordered 5 smaller cakes for our wedding in various flavors. People raved about how good our cake was. I'd highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/19/2012

Erika · Married on 10/15/2011

As always, Lyndsy and her team deliver delicious and beautiful cakes. I had used Pastries by Design before (as did my sister for her wedding cake) and so it was nice to not have to think twice or worry about this. Our guests LOVED the cake. Lyndsy is so easy to work with. Our cake tasting was so fun: mini cakes to try and I brought my now husband, parents, and a sister along with me--she let us all try them! So great.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Alexandra · Married on 10/01/2011

Everyone LOVED our cake. The flavors were awesome and the decorations were sooooo adorable. We came in for a cake tasting and Lyndsy was super intuitive and helpful. She gave us some wonderful ideas and her prices are competitive. We made a few changes to the topper along the way and there were no issues with it at all. They delivered the cake to the resort for us and it was all set and ready to go for our reception. Everything was a piece of cake :) Thanks!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Camie · Married on 07/23/2011

This place is wonderful. Their cake is delecious. They have a ton of options for flavors and will let you mix and match. They helped us design the cake too. She hand drew what we wanted and sent us an electronic copy because we could not find anything that was exactly what we wanted. It was delivered on time and everything was exactly as promised.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Heather · Married on 07/16/2011

Lyndsey and her team at Pastries by Design are amazing. They do beautiful work. Not only did they do our wedding cake, but grooms cake and our chocolate covered cherries for part of our favors. Their cakes are DELICIOUS!!! Their pricing is competitive. Their service and love for their job is over the top!

Sent on 08/21/2011
  • Nikol

Nikol · Married on 06/18/2011

Got me out of a bind with my attempt to make a cake at home.. Great price point. Excellent customer service. Spot on flexibility. Will be returning for birthday cakes!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Christina · Married on 06/18/2011

If you are in the Sarasota/Tampa area and want an amazing tasting cake that is beautiful then you need to select Lyndsy and her team. There was not one piece of cake remaining aside from the saved topper. One of our guests even called our venue and left a message wanting to know who made our wedding cake. Thank you Lyndsy for your attention to detail and our delicious wedding cake.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Melinda · Married on 06/04/2011

Pastries by Design makes the tastiest cakes in the area, hands down. They're not putting mixes and a bunch of extra chemicals in their cakes like other bakeries are. They also have a very extensive, unique flavor list to choose from to ensure your cake won't be something your guests have had before.

For an outdoor June reception, the baker made sure the cake with buttercream would be intact by doing a ganache pour over the whole cake. That's incredible. It looked beautiful and was intact throughout the whole evening. She also agreed to deliver it late so it would be extra-safe.

The cake did come looking slightly different than I intended just because the pink piping was much pinker than I wanted. I would recommend that you show shades in person rather than in email pictures. Regardless, the cake was awesome and beautiful.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Lorraine · Married on 01/16/2011

I worked with Lyndsey through my wedding planner and hired her sight-unseen. My mother-in-law and wedding planner went to a tasting with her and said her cakes were amazing! They said the carrot cake was the best they'd ever tasted! The cake was delivered and it was so much better than I expected! I had textured buttercream frosting that was exactly what I envisioned and she even added our monogram to the front including the very minute detail from our invitation that had an intricate leaf design printed on it. I was very delighted with that surprise! The cake was delicious! Our first taste was during the cake cutting and I went back for a second bite it was so good! She also worked with our caterer to invoice her cost through the caterer so we had one less check to write. Everyone loved the cake and it was beautiful!

Sent on 02/09/2011
  • Adam

Adam · Married on 01/01/2011

Amazing quality and so easy to work with. We absolutely loved our wedding cake, it was beautiful and tasted great!! It was a huge hit. So happy we chose Pastries by Design!!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Kristen · Married on 12/18/2010

We used Pastries by Design for our wedding cake on December 18, 2010. Lyndsy and her assistant (Kristen, I believe?) were both very nice. They had a nice cake tasting set up for us, and they even let my husband (fiance at the time) try a couple samples on a later date because he wasn't able to attend the initial tasting. Lyndsy is very willing to work inside your budget. She starts off at a lower price and then explains how much different additions will cost. But our cake was BEAUTIFUL and much lower cost than other bakeries. It was vanilla with white chocolate inside and vanilla buttercream frosting (that looked like it was the fondant... very smooth and elegant). She also told us that if we wanted flowers on the cake, it would be cheaper to use real flowers rather than her sugar flowers. She put a chocolate brown ribbon around each layer and then we added real red roses. It was gorgeous. It arrived to the venue on time with no problems (at least none that I was aware of!). Everyone raved about how gorgeous it was and how delicious it was. She also packed up 2 red velvet cupcakes (upon my request) for my husband and I to eat later that night. Overall, I would absolutely recommend Pastries by Design to any of my friends.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Abbie · Married on 10/16/2010

Lynsdy was great from the get-go! She does the wedding cake catering for the ballroom I selected so I was hoping she would be able to work with me in my vision for the perfect cake! Sure enough when we first met with her we did the tasting and we couldn't decide on 1 flavor so she told us to pick 2! That was wonderful because then we could have the best of both worlds! One tier was marble buttercream and the other was death by chocolate!
    She then drew us a sketch with what we wanted and it looked great! The day of my wedding when I saw the real deal I was in shock at how AMAZING it looked! I am still getting compliments of how awesome my caked looked and how YUMMY it was! Sometimes people have pretty cakes but they don't taste that good but mine was the best of both worlds! I cannot wait to have an event again so I can order another cake from them!!
    Sincerely,
    Abbie from Tampa

Sent on 11/01/2010

Laura · Married on 05/30/2010

Hi Lyndsy,
    I just want to thank you for making our amazing rehearsal and wedding cake and for the adorable cookie place cards.
    Let's just say that the cake was so delicious at the wedding that I hard time sharing any with Steve when we cut the cake. I have it on video to prove this :)
    All of our guests raved that not only was the cake beautiful but it was absolutely delicious. I had many people tell me that it was the best cake they ever had.
    You went above and beyond with both of the cakes and it exceeded our expectations.
    The cookie place cards were also a huge hit. I was a little disappointed because no one left their cookies behind but thrilled that they were such a hit :) One of my friends said that she is going to steal that idea for her own wedding.
    I can't wait until it is our 1 year anniversary so that we can get a cake to celebrate.
    Thank you for everything!!!
    Laura

Sent on 06/22/2010

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2010

My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! Lyndsy and her staff were so helpful and the cake was perfect! Wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Brandi · Married on 04/04/2010

The owner met with us on short notice and went over everything with us. Her cakes were the best I have ever tasted, and she brought plenty of options for us to try. She was warm, and very helpful while I explained my ideas for my wedding cake. On the wedding day I was busy rushing around and at one point I came out and my cake was just there like magic! It was so beautiful, and it was exactly as I had pictured. Everyone raved about how gorgeous it was, but what they really liked was how it tasted! I usually take the icing off my cakes, but the icing was so great that I didn't have to. All I have to say is I am VERY picky, and I tried all the other cakes in Sarasota, and hers was the absolute best. We would recommend Pastries By Design a million times over! Thanks Lyndsy!!!

Sent on 04/07/2010

Melissa · Married on 03/26/2010

Lyndsey's cakes/cupcakes are the best! My friends and family are still talking about the Georgia Bulldog grooms cake, chocolate peanut butter is amazing. You are so talented and will highly recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 03/29/2010

Shannon · Married on 01/03/2010

Elegant and so delicious.

Sent on 01/19/2010
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2009

Our cake was beautiful!!!! It was exactly what we wanted and everyone complimented us on how delicious it tasted!!! I would highly recommend Pastries By Design!

Sent on 04/21/2009

Neale · Married on 11/07/2015

Cake looked great and tasted wonderful.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Thank you so much for a wonderful cake and experience at your bakery. Your customer service is outstanding, thank you for taking time to answer all of our questions and let us taste the many cake flavors you have to offer. Everybody at our wedding LOVED the cake. I will definitely keep coming back for more cakes for future events. Your bakery is the best!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Heather · Married on 06/06/2015

Instead of getting a traditional wedding cake, we went with 3 round 6 inch cakes. Each with different flavors. We got the Strawberry Shortcake, Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge filling and Candied Bacon Bits on the top (it was to die for,) and the Marble with Chocolate Buttercream filling. All of the cakes had Vanilla Buttercream frosting and I let theme pick the design. They looked awesome! My sister in law is gluten free so we also got her a dozen mini chocolate gluten free cupcakes. They tasted like fudge brownies to me. I've never had gluten free deserts before. Everything came to just under $100! I had enough to feed over 40 people with a guest list of under 30! Our wedding was in Panama City Beach. They boxed everything up, wrapped each box in plastic wrap, and instructed me on how to transport them and store them when I got to my destination. I picked my cakes up around noon on a Thursday, got in 7 hours later and immediately put them in the fridge. The wedding was on Saturday evening. Everything tasted as if it was just made that morning! They were so moist and fluffy! The only thing is that I wish the platform the cakes were on fit the box. The boxes were a bit bigger than the base and allowed the cakes to shift which risked damage. We were good, bit still. I am already recommending this company to everyone I know!!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Pastries by Design's reply:

Thanks for trusting Pastries by Design with your special day. We are happy everything turned out as you expected it, especially the candy bacon one :-)
    Congratulations!