Passionflower Cakes Reviews

Passionflower Cakes 6
Passionflower Cakes 7

Alyssa · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Wedding Cake!

From the initial phone consultation, to the cake tasting, to the wedding day, it was a pleasure working with Paris Levinovitz at Passionflower Cakes. My now-husband and I went into the process without having a good idea of what we wanted out of our wedding cake. By asking us questions about our wedding and showing us photographs of her past work to find out what we liked, Paris drew a mockup of a cake that seemed like a perfect fit. When we saw the cake at the wedding, it was even more beautiful than we anticipated. We received many compliments. We were grateful that Paris could be a part of our wedding and would recommend her.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much Alyssa. I loved working with you to design such a unique (yet classic) cake. I really wish I could make sugar flowers all day long, they are so fun and beautiful.
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/01/2019

Most delicious cake ever!

Passionflower Cakes is the only option for your wedding if you want a truly phenomenal tasting and looking cake! Paris was so kind and drew up my vision right in then and there at our first consultation. She presented me with an assortment of handmade and unique frostings and cake flavors to try and combine as I liked! We came up with a very unique pairing that is like no other wedding I have ever attended. She combined my dream styles and I am so excited and glad I chose her!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and glad you enjoyed tasting everything. I'm excited to make your cake.
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/04/2019

Best cake ever--can we get married again?

Cake tasting was the part of wedding planning my husband and I looked forward to the most--and Paris, the owner of Passionflower Cakes, went above and beyond our expectations at the initial meeting and at the wedding itself. Her cakes are gorgeous but more importantly they are mouthwateringly delicious. There were no leftovers aside from our anniversary layer, which my husband and I finished a couple days after the wedding because we just couldn't wait a year to eat it. We got three smaller cakes in almond, passion fruit, and chocolate... Our guests loved them all!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Passionflower Cakes 8
    Passionflower Cakes 9

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Christina. I loved making ALL your cakes. Multiple cakes are so fun. Your photos are beautiful, too!
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 05/04/2019

The best cake I've ever had!

I loved our cake. It was everything I wanted and more. We got married on May 4th (Star Wars Day!) and wanted part of the cake to be tied into Star Wars, as well as some of our other nerdy loves (Super Mario, Firefly, and Zelda). I was worried throughout the process of finding someone that the cake design would be more child's birthday party than wedding cake- Paris knocked it out of the park. She was very responsive throughout the design process. The cake was so tastefully decorated and was everything we wanted and more. The flavors were great and the cake was moist. My (now) husband and I have very different tastes in cake flavors and Paris was able to make it work. We did a layer of red velvet with a Mexican chocolate filling, and two smaller layers of coconut cake with key lime filling. We got compliments on both! The only down side is that we forgot our top layer so we will definitely be getting in touch in the future to have some for our anniversary!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Passionflower Cakes 10

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

WOW, Thanks so much Jacki! It was such a great project to make it both "nerdy" and beautiful. It will be one of my most memorable cakes from this wedding season. I can't wait to make your anniversary cake next year.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful wedding cake and absolutely delicious!

We had Paris do our wedding cake for our wedding last Saturday. We knew passionflower cakes was the one when my then fiancé and I had a hard time narrowing down flavors to our favorite ones since we liked so many of them. From the planning to payment to day of delivery it could not have been easier. She made our wedding cake dreams come alive and was more than we could ever imagine. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! We ordered a small cake that incorporated things we both love- my love of Disney and my husbands love of firefighting. The cake was cookies and cream with a strawberry buttercream, so freaking delicious!!! If we have another need for a cake in the future Paris would be our go to!

Sent on 04/07/2019
    Passionflower Cakes 11
  • Morgan and Tommy

Morgan · Married on 03/30/2019

As beautiful as it was delicious!!!

Planning our wedding cake with Paris was one of our most memorable highlights of wedding planning. We met with her exactly a year before our wedding for a cake tasting. We discussed how many guests we were expecting, tiers we wanted and if we had a theme for the wedding. By the way, our theme was a "soft" travel theme. Soft meaning we didn't want to throw the theme in our guest's faces. She nailed it perfectly!!

We spent a little over an hour and half at her shop discussing design and tasting. I can't remember all the cakes and icings but they ranged from: passion fruit, chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, bourbon brownie, vanilla, marble and so many others. The icings ranged from: nutella, chocolate, lemon, raspberry, vanilla and etc. It was a lot of fun mixing and matching, and was great that we had so many options.

We decided going with Passion Fruit Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Filling for one of the tiers. For the other two tiers we had two flavors in one Bourbon Brownie and Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling and Nutella Buttercream Filling. They were amazing and stayed delicious and moist the whole night.

As for the design, Paris gave us seven options to chose from. She had sketched them out for us and included notes and cost. It made it so easy to choose and very comforting to have a visual beforehand.

Thank you so much Paris for making our wedding cake so memorable, delicious and fantastic. Our guest are still raving about it. We can't wait for our 1 year anniversary so we can eat it all over again!

Sent on 06/02/2019
    Passionflower Cakes 12
    Passionflower Cakes 13
    Passionflower Cakes 14

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Hi Morgan, Thanks so much for writing such a nice and detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed the whole experience from start to finish... and continuing on to next year! Your photographer took such beautiful photos of you both and the cake.

Meredith Callahan · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent Customer Service, Delicious Cake

Our cake from Passionflower Cakes was DELICIOUS!! Paris' customer service is top-knotch. We were from out of town. So even though Paris had two other weddings one weekend, she still pulled together tens of cake and frosting samples for us to try for a tasting one weekend. From there, Paris shared images to help us narrow down the aesthetic we wanted. Then she sent through a final sketch. We were very pleased with the cake and can't wait for our first anniversary to be able to eat it again!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Cake and an awesome experience!

Paris was just awesome. She made the entire process of making our cake and extra baked goods so easy and enjoyable for our wedding day. She was very fairly priced, her work was beautiful and she was super responsive to all our emails and questions. On the day of, everyone loved the cake and the way she set everything up for display was very nice and professional. As a bonus, when we told her that we dropped the top tier which my wife and I were going to share together at a later day, she offered to make us 2 cupcakes of the same variety at no charge at all. We were so pleased and honored that Paris helped make our wedding day perfect. We could not recommend enough and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Taylor. It was so fun making your cake, and especially your cookies. I'm glad you enjoyed your cupcakes!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Paris is so talented. Not only were her cakes beautiful, but they were delicious as well! She made both our groom's cake, as well as our wedding cake. Both were absolutely stunning and delicious. We had multiple guests say our wedding cake was the best that they ever had! We cannot wait until our first anniversary to taste it again!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Passionflower Cakes 15

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on WeddingWire! Your cakes were both so much fun to make. I particularly loved your wedding cake. I love dark colored cakes. It's great to hear your guests enjoyed eating them!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Paris was incredible to work with for our wedding cake. She is organized, responsive, and extremely talented. When we met with Paris, I didn’t really know what kind of cake I wanted. She was patient and took the time to ask us questions to determine the size and style cake that was best for us. I had a few pictures of cakes I had found online that I liked, and she helped me narrow it down to one. She did an amazing job recreating the design and modifying it based on my preferences. We had so much fun tasting the different cake and filling combinations – they were all delicious! The chocolate bourbon brownie cake with dulce de leche and Nutella filling combination was to die for and we loved the confetti cake with strawberry filling too! Our cake looked beautiful and was sooooo delicious! It was seriously the best cake I’ve ever eaten. As soon as the cake was cut, the plates flew off the dessert table faster than I’ve ever seen at a wedding and many of our guests raved about the cake throughout the night. I 100% recommend Paris and Passionflower Cakes and am already trying to find a reason to order another cake from her soon!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Passionflower Cakes 16

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Congratulations and thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad everyone enjoyed eating the cake so much. Bourbon brownie is one of my favorite flavors, great choice!

Steve · Married on 08/04/2018

Paris was fantastic to work with. She set up an appointment to taste a huge variety of cake and frosting flavors, sketched our cake on the spot, and delivered perfection on our big day. Highly recommend Passionflower for any occasion!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much! I loved working on the detailed sugar flowers for your cake.

Maya · Married on 05/02/2018

Where do I begin? From the start to finish, Paris was exceptional. Although we lived 2.5 hours apart, we were able to communicate effectively to develop what turned out to be a beautiful and delicious cake. She communicated regularly, asking all of the right questions. She discusses your wedding theme, colors, styles as it relates to the cake and she was very accommodating of each of our creative ideas. We were able to pull examples from Pinterest to get the exact look and feel we were going for. During our cake tasting, she invited us to her beautiful home to taste flavors. We had so much fun! In the end, Paris executed the job and gave us the exact cake we dreamed of. Thank you so much, Paris! Everyone at the wedding mentioned how beautiful (and unreal) and tasty the cake was. If ever in the future, I need a cake, it will certainly be from Passionflowercakes.

Our cake had a different flavor (filling and cake base) in each tier. She was able to use buttercream (neither of us was a fan of fondant) and smooth it out so beautifully to create a fondant effect. How amazing and gorgeous is this cake! The flavors were almond, passionfruit, cream cheese, and raspberry. The marble effect was from the raspberry buttercream.

Sent on 05/08/2018
    Passionflower Cakes 17

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for this really nice review. Your wedding looked absolutely gorgeous and I loved the way the pinks all tied together. It was a pleasure working with you!
  • lwc0115

Laura · Married on 04/28/2018

Paris was an absolute joy to work with from start to finish! Our wedding cake turned out amazingly beautiful and was absolutely delicious! Her tasting was the best by far. Being presented with many different types of cakes cut into bite size pieces and little ramekins of icings was incredible. I ended up picking flavor combos I may not have otherwise! My vision turned out even better than I could have imagined. Paris is truly an artist! We got so many compliments on the cake at the wedding. Would not hesitate to use her again or recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Passionflower Cakes 18

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. I loved making your cake. It was so much fun to use a lot of new techniques.

Amanda & Adria · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with Paris of PassionFlower cakes was easy, affordable and incredibly exciting! From the beginning, working with Paris and conveying our theme/inspiration was easy for her to translate that into our cake. She welcomed us in for a cake tasting and even offered us a bit of private time to taste the multitude of cake flavors and icing -- let's be real, it was quite possibly the biggest highlight of our entire wedding planning! From there, she was thorough on outlining the process and what to expect and how much cake should be served per person. She worked with the budget we had and even reminded us to be in full coordination with our florist so both design elements could be intertwined seamlessly. She was approachable, dependable, and on the day of our wedding, popped in with the most beautiful cake and exactly what we envisioned. If you're looking for someone who wants to learn about your big day, the design/theme and is able to twist it all into reality, look no further than to PassionFlower cakes because they make it come to life!

Sent on 05/28/2018
    Passionflower Cakes 19

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks Amanda and Adria. Your wedding flowers were so gorgeous and fun to work with. I'm happy you enjoyed the whole planning experience.

Christy · Married on 11/11/2017

Before our first meeting with Paris, I had no clue what I wanted in a wedding cake. When we went to our first tasting with her, she took a look at our invitations and took notes on what we liked from her portfolio and created several beautiful ideas for us to consider. By the time we left that meeting, we had come up with a cake that we could not wait to see or taste. My husband and I handmade paper flowers for our centerpieces and Paris created beautifully intricate sugar flowers with our paper ones as the inspiration. The bourbon brownie batter and chai spice cake flavors that we chose were an absolute hit with our guests. The cake was beautiful and tasty and Paris was a dream to work with. I could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 12/03/2017
    Passionflower Cakes 20

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks for posting the great photo, Christy! I love it.

Tiffany · Married on 10/27/2017

Paris did the most amazing job with our wedding cake. I CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN HOW DELICIOUS THE CAKE WAS!!! we did a semi naked red velvet cake with raspberry buttercream and blackberry preserves. I never hear people talk about wedding cake but so many came up to me to tell me how delicious it was. Paris added dimension by adding gold leaf as well to go with our flower cascade. It was absolutely a gorgeous cake. Paris helped me design what I wanted and took the time to listen to me and get an idea of how I visioned my whole wedding. She was very accommodating with delivery and setting up of the cake. It was just a beautiful, stunning cake. Exactly what We wanted.

Sent on 12/08/2017
    Passionflower Cakes 21

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks! That is such a beautiful photo. I'm going to be recommending blackberry jam to all my clients. It's so delicious and a little unexpected. Congratulations again!

Cheryl · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't say enough about Passionflower Cakes. Working with Paris was such a joy and she more than exceeded our expectations. The cupcakes and cake turned out beautifully! Her attention to detail, a willingness to work with ideas, her professionalism and patience are all something you rarely find in wedding vendors. Oh, and did I mention how good her cakes and cupcakes were? Our guests were raving about them, and they flew off the dessert table! Thanks again for everything Paris!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

It was great working with you and your family. Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to baking for your family again!

Kelsey · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Paris and her bakery. She was PHENOMENAL and went above and beyond to ensure our cupcake and cake display was absolutely perfect. She took our ideas and inspiration and executed perfectly. She set it up beautifully the day-of and even added some flowers to the cupcake displays just because! She was always so pleasant, helpful, and easy to get in touch with. Also, my fiancé and I did a number of tastings before finding her. Hers was by far the most fun, professional, pleasant, and tasty! Instead of just giving us a bunch of cupcakes to taste on our own, she baked numerous different cake flavors and cut them into bite-sized pieces to then pair on our own with a number of different frostings. It was so much fun, personalized, and really gave us the tasting experience. My Mom and I are already planning on another order from her soon!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. You and your mom were so much fun to work with. I love making pretty cupcakes!

Kat · Married on 10/09/2017

Amazing Cake

We loved working with Paris! The tasting was fantastic, and she took our vague description of what we wanted and turned it into our dream cake. The cake was gorgeous, and tasted amazing. She was also very flexible when we had fewer people than we thought we would. Her sugar flowers were fantastic, and the cake was so pretty.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Kim · Married on 09/16/2017

The cakes that Paris made for our wedding were an absolute hit! From the moment we walked into her studio for a consultation and tasting we knew we were in good hands. Paris took the few details we'd emailed in advance (love of chocolate and bourbon) and had a full buffet of various flavor and icing samples for us to try. She was incredibly accommodating with our limited budget and able to give us beyond what we'd ever expected- both in terms of design and flavors. She even sketched out a design right in front of us so we could get a better visualization. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Oh, and our final cake flavors? The display cake was half devil's food chocolate cake and half bourbon brownie cake with alternating chocolate truffle ganache and white chocolate buttercream filling. The "kitchen cake" was vanilla cake with alternating cream cheese frosting filling and strawberry buttercream filling.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Passionflower Cakes 22

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Kim. You chose such delicious flavors. Thank you for sharing them. I love when people get creative with their choices. Glad the cake was a hit!

Amy · Married on 09/09/2017

Paris was so wonderful to work with! A few months before our wedding, I decided I wanted to surprise my fiance with a groom's cake (he's a huge Mets fan). Paris's cake was a work of art - and (more importantly) delicious too! So many guests came up to tell us how good it tasted and how fun it was. Communication and payment were seamless, quick, and easy, and they delivered it right to the venue on the day of the wedding. I could not recommend Paris and Passionflower Cakes more highly - do yourself a favor and book them immediately!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Passionflower Cakes 23

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Amy. It was so fun to make a surprise cake. And the baseball cupcakes were so much fun to make too!

Kirsten · Married on 06/09/2017

I was so in love with our wedding cake! We really our experience from the tasting trial and sketch of what our wedding cake would look like to the final product! This helped us really invision our day! Our cake was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review Kirsten. I loved working with you and your family, and your cake is one of my recent favorites.

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

My wedding cake was perfect and delicious!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Passionflower Cakes 24
    Passionflower Cakes 25

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and posting those photos. Your photographer did a great job. I absolutely loved those roses!

Rachel · Married on 04/29/2017

BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD NO JOKE. Okay Paris is AWESOME! We did a complementary cake tasting, and she had like 10 cake flavors and 10 icing flavors to try. They were all soon delicious! I had an idea of what I wanted my cake to look like, so she drew it up and it looked perfect. The flavors I went with for my 4 tiered cake were: 1. Chocolate and cookies and cream with alternating strawberry and chocolate filling 2. Almond and coconut with alternating dulce de leche and vanilla frosting. Our grooms cake was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Paris was so flexible with my last minute changes which was so nice. She decorated them exactly how I envisioned them! At the wedding I only ate one piece of cake when we cut it, but my mouth was watering all night! The buttercream on the outside of the cake was absolutely delicious, I have never had frosting taste that good! I was thinking about that cake all night so luckily our wedding planner packed us up some pieces to take with us. I ate some on the way to the hotel, the next morning for breakfast, and in puerto rico on our honeymoon (I seriously brought the cake through airport security). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Sent on 05/18/2017

Passionflower Cakes's reply:

Hi Rachel, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. This is seriously one of the nicest reviews I've ever seen. I cannot believe your cake made it all the way to Puerto Rico. That is too funny! I'm glad I was able to make the planning, wedding, and afterparty special.

Julie · Married on 11/05/2016

Paris went about and beyond with our wedding cake. It was delicious and beautiful - our guest are still talking about it!!

Sent on 12/19/2016