51 Reviews for Passion Fruit Chefs

Family Style (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Vegan (1)
48 Passion Fruit Chefs Reviews

Mt husband recently arranged a most memorable surprise to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. On one of our first nights in St John, Laura showed up at our villa door, bringing with her all the necessary items to prepare the most amazing meal any of the 4 of us had ever had.
She quickly made herself busy in our kitchen, preparing incredible appetizers as she chatted away with us as if we had always know each other. By the time the hor doerves she had prepared were ready, she had without our knowing prepared a beautiful table outside on the deck, where we sat for the next glorious 2 hours as she served us a delectable 4 course meal. It was a meal and an experience none of us will ever forget! Laura is a gem in every way...from her sweet cheery personality to her amazing talent in the kitchen! One of the highlights of our trip!,

Profile Picture Thomas, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From the moment we first spoke with Laura on the phone, she was very welcoming and happy to answer all of our many questions. We truly felt that we were dealing with professionals and that made us very comfortable from the beginning. As with any wedding, we were not sure what to expect or how to handle the reception dinner and select items that everyone could enjoy. Laura took that burden from us by offering suggestions and helping us create the perfect menu! She then created a timeline for our day, which was the first time we were able to have a better understanding of how a wedding on the island would play out, which in turn helped us work with our coordinator (IBW) to have a better idea of what we are looking for. We sent multiple pictures of cake ideas and indicated what we liked about each one, and the Passion Fruit Chefs team made it exactly as we had hoped! We had to reschedule our wedding from September due to the tragic hurricanes that devastated the islands, and Laura was so kind to help us move everything to our new date in June 2018. A few days prior to our wedding, we had an idea and decided to try and add mini champagne bottles for each of our guests to open for the toast. Laura quickly called us back and had placed an order to allow this to happen. On the day of our wedding, the team worked hard to make everything perfect. They were all so friendly. The appetizers along with the chicken and fish we had selected were so delicious, and our cake looked stunning! Laura and the entire team were so helpful and attentive throughout the planning process and on our wedding day, and we would highly recommend Passion Fruit Chefs for any special event!!

Profile Picture Georgiana, 6/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Passion Fruit Chefs exceeded our expectations for our wedding on St. John over the past Memorial Day weekend! The owner, Laura, made planning a destination wedding from FL very easy. We booked Passion Fruit Chefs in June of 2017 and Laura was very helpful throughout the entire process. She was always very responsive and went above and beyond for us. Laura looked into beaches and accommodations for us and our guests to ensure access/availability post-hurricanes and even made my mom a cake for her birthday, which was the same day as the wedding rehearsal. We did not expect to have superior quality of food given that it is a wedding and we have never experienced amazing food at weddings, so it came as a wonderful surprise to have DELICIOUS food served at our wedding! From the appetizers served during our cocktail hour to the plated dinner, everything was delicious and served hot. Laura's staff was very friendly and attentive. I really appreciated that the staff brought the bride & groom a side of appetizers with our salads since we were gone during cocktail hour taking pictures and did not get the opportunity to try the food being served during that time. We were VERY hungry once we sat down to eat and a salad alone would not have been enough at that time, so many thanks for that! All of our guests were raving about the food and told us it was the best food that they have ever had at a wedding. We had two successful executive chefs attend our wedding and they too were raving about the food. A major thank you to Passion Fruit Chefs for making our wedding so perfect. If you are getting married on St. Thomas or St. John, you MUST hire Passion Fruit Chefs. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kamli, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Chairs, Tables, Vegan, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Caribbean

All I can say is... WOW! Passion Fruit Chefs (PFC) delivers quality, professionalism and delicious food. I recently had my wedding on Water Island, which meant PFC had to travel from St. John to St. Thomas to Water Island by boat with all their food, kitchen equipment and rental equipment. How they did it so perfectly is so impressive! During the planning process, they were very attentive to detail down to how the tables would be positioned, to meal place cards, to napkins, decorations, air conditioning, glassware... you name it. As a type A person myself, I was blown away! My wedding was actually on St. Thomas and PFC arrived four hours before the meal was served to begin preparations! By the time we all arrived to Water Island after the ceremony, they already had the Villa decorated and the tables were set and cocktail hour was ready to begin. The food the phenomenal! We had Makers Mark Tenderloin and Broiled Grouper. The chefs, Laura and Cassandra were so easy to work with. Cassandra even allowed us to move our entree serve time back an hour to accommodate for more wedding photography. They also cut the cake and made sure all our glasses were full of champagne and water at all times. The cleanup was taken care of.. all I had to do was enjoy my day with my husband and my guests. Thank you, thank you, thank you PFC for perfecting my day!

Profile Picture Whitney, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great food and staff at Passionfruit Chefs. Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Dana, 2/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Caribbean, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

Laura is a treasure on St. John! She is beloved by her amazing staff, and they in turn help her create unforgettable dinner parties. She is devoted to her clients and can fulfill their every
wish with total professionalism and a smile! My friends and I adore Laura, and you will too!

Profile Picture Susan, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Passion Fruit Chefs to cater my husband's 50th birthday party in St. John at Great Expectations. There were a total of 19 of us, ranging in all ages. Laura Samms is the best! She was so helpful and nice from the very first phone call to the time she cleaned up our dinner party. She is so pleasant, helpful and also professional! We hired them to setup for an outdoor dinner, bringing tables and chairs. The dinner food was absolutely amazing. Half our guests had the Chilean sea bass entrée with a mango salsa while the other half had filet mignon in a red cabernet sauce. Everyone said it was the best meal they have ever had. Large portions of food which were cooked to perfection. What a treat to dine outdoors and be served as if we were all in a restaurant. They brought everything, served delicious food, were so nice to everyone, and cleaned up everything at the end of the night. It was a very special dinner which made my husband's birthday absolutely the best. Thanks, Laura! You rock!!!

Profile Picture Christie, 8/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Incredible!! We had a small beach destination wedding on our favorite island St John in the Virgin islands. When looking for a caterer we came across Laura of Passion Fruit Chefs and I knew from the first email she was the perfect choice for us. We are foodies, and that aspect is important to us! She was so professional and helpful every step of the way and the food was just fantastic! Our guests raved about it for days! I knew when I tasted the appetizers we were in for a treat. We had Jerk Chicken and Beef Tenderloin as mains, both delicious and that tenderloin was the best I have ever had. We sent her a picture of the cake and she created that as well, and OMG it was SO divine. My brother is gluten intolerant and she made the whole menu gluten free so we had no worries. Laura's service, food and kindness were over the top and we are forever grateful to her for making our reception absolutely memorable and wonderful!!

Profile Picture Mona, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about how satisfied we were with the service from Laura and her team. They are absolutely amazing! I was blown away with how good the food was and how hard everyone worked to make sure we were well taken care of. We had the grouper, beef tenderloin and chicken for our wedding about a month ago. Everything was great, the fish was the best I have ever had, and my dad is still talking about those garlic mashed potatoes. Laura is incredible period. You will not be disappointed. Helpful and professional from the jump and continued to impress throughout. We truly thank you Laura! You are a beautiful person and an outstanding chef and we are so grateful to have found you for our special day.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Laura and her team are absolutely incredible! They did 3 events over the course of our wedding weekend in St. John - casual welcome cocktails, an incredible pig roast & beach BBQ for 88 people, and a more casual dinner one evening. Laura went above and beyond to make our events exceptional. For the pig roast, we had some venue issues and had to move locations three times due to the park service and some construction on one beach - each time, Laura was personally making sure that we were all set and that all of our permits and paperwork were correct. At our beach BBQ, guests were out on the beach enjoying themselves and her staff actually started passing appetizers right on the beach - they all went above and beyond to make a great experience. On top of the exceptional service, professionalism, and friendliness, Laura's food is incredible!!

Profile Picture Rehana, 11/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Caribbean, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

This vendor was just what we were looking for! The catering staff was professional and flexible. We had a brunch after a morning wedding and an evening dinner the same night. They were prepared and had top notch food! I was so excited to have food that I actually liked! They were so friendly and I couldn't have asked for better!

Profile Picture Linda, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, American, Caribbean, Signature Drink, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

We had them come to our villa for our Wedding Dinner Celebration. They were excellent. The food was amazing and the service was exceptional! Very professional and made our event very special.

Profile Picture Keli, 10/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Passion Fruit Chefs was outstanding in every way. From my very first phone call to Cassandra who put me in touch with Laura, the communication was helpful and professional. During the planning process, Laura helped me beyond just creating the menu for our daughter's St. John villa wedding reception. She gave villa assistance, vendor recommendations, etc, and all of her recommendations were spot on. For the wedding reception, Laura and her staff could not have been better. The food was excellent and was delivered with warm smiles all night long. Our guests raved about the food and the staff for days. Excellent company. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Cindy, 8/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Caribbean, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Didn't have them for a wedding but they prepared dinner for two birthday nights at our rental house. Laura was friendly, helpful with touristy information and a fabulous cook! She handled dinner for 5 like a pro by herself and made us feel very at ease. She had cooked in "our" kitchen in Peter Bay many times which made us comfortable. I would recommend her and her company highly!

Profile Picture Tim, 7/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We could not have been happier to have used the services of Passion Fruit Chefs. Laura and her team were excellent! They provided great food, excellent service and ensured everyone was taken care of throughout the evening. Laura is friendly, experienced and her team is flexible. We decided to extend the DJ an extra hour and wanted to keep the bar open an extra hour as well, Laura and her team were happy to accommodate our request! I can't say enough great things about Passion Fruit Chefs - they were a big part of making our day so perfect!! Would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking for catering services!

Profile Picture User5002287, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Laura and her staff were amazing! We got married in April of 2016 and we found Passion Fruit through our wedding planner. The food was perfect, the service was awesome and we had such a good time with Passion Fruit. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer for their wedding/event.

Profile Picture Abby, 4/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I used Passion Fruit Chefs for my wedding and I am so happy I did! My guests loved cocktail hour. The conch fritters, fruit platter, and chicken skewers were incredibly tasty. The main course was just as delicious, we had the tilapia and jerk chicken. I think the ice cream brownie sundae for dessert stole the show though. Everyone just drooled over it. I received so many compliments on the food from my guests. Laura was extremely nice and easy to communicate with. She had such a fun and positive attitude and that made my special day that much better. The staff was also so kind and helpful. I have a food allergy to dairy and Passion Fruit Chefs made me a special meal so I could eat too. I highly recommend Passion Fruit Chefs. You are in for a delicious meal!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I had Passion Fruit Chefs cater our wedding reception at the villa we were staying at. My dad, sister and brother are chefs so I was hoping that everyone would be happy. Well it's been 4 days since my wedding and my family and guests are still raving about the food! The staff was smiling, warm and friendly the entire dinner service. Everything came out perfectly and wonderfully presented. I can't wait to go back to the island and have them cater more dinners! Thank you Laura and staff for making all of our tummies full and happy! Part of the perfectness of our wedding day was due to you and won't ever be forgotten.

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We rented chairs for our wedding from Passion Fruit Chefs. Super responsive, easy to work with and the delivery and return went off without a hitch. Thanks for making it easy guys!

Profile Picture User5088845, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Passion Fruit Chef catered a wedding and our week long trip to St Thomas. The food was exceptional, I couldn't have asked for anything better. The display was ambrosial and every time we excitingly served ourselves, the food never failed to be flavorful and lip smacking good!
The staff was friendly, delightful and so down to earth. They were honestly the best!!
thank you so much for it all!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 3/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Food was amazing! Staff was so warm and caring! They made you feel right at home!

I booked Passion Fruit Chefs to cater lunch for our vacation week and it was the best decision I made! Laura, the owner, made a menu for us that was perfect! We was very conscious of any food allergies/gluten/dairy allergies we had and made a great menu to accommodate. Her staff even made our dog who was on vaca with us some homemade peanut butter treats!

I also booked them to cater my wedding which was held in the same villa where we stayed and they were beyond wonderful! Our guests were raving about the hors d'oeuvres and they were so thoughtful to save the groom and I a plate of them when we got a chance to sit down at our table! I am very very very particular about great steak and they exceeded expectations. We had steak and fish options for our wedding and the steak was done at a perfect medium rare - simply beautiful. Our cake was also phenomenal - we had 3 layers of all different flavors and they were delicious and moist.

Whether it was the catered lunch or the wedding, they always wrapped up and saved us the leftovers! I was surprised that we had leftovers because we had such a big party, but they were sure to save us anything that was left over! She also gave me a check refunding the cost of some of the equipment we did not use - in this case, I ordered gold chargers that did not fit on the table so she gave me the money back! Really great and honest people!

Profile Picture Alice, 3/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We highly recommend Laura and Cassandra of Passion Fruit Chefs for catering! We had them cater our wedding reception at Serendipity Villa on St. Thomas, and they did a truly amazing job! Laura was so good beforehand to answer our emails, and we even talked on the phone several times. She was a pleasure to work with in planning the menu, equipment rental, and details of the reception night while easing my fears on planning something so important from so far away. Laura and Cassandra met with us at the villa when we arrived on the island to go over all the details. Cassandra and her team can’t be beat! They arrived early to get everything set up and even put out the decorations we had brought from home while we were at the wedding. The food was delicious!! Laura had helped us decide on a variety of plated and passed hors d’oeuvres, on a carving station, and on the perfect drinks to complement everything. Cassandra prepared gluten-free food for some of our guests. All the guests are still commenting on how good the food was – three weeks after we’ve returned home. We sent Laura a picture of a wedding cake that we liked. She had the cake made for us. It was even prettier than the picture and tasted fabulous! Thank you so much to Laura, Cassandra and their team for creating such a wonderful experience for us and our guests!

Profile Picture Judy, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

We recently had Passion Fruit cater our wedding on St Thomas and they did a truly amazing job. We were absolutely blown away when we did a tasting with Laura and her team from Passion Fruit: delicious food and so sweet and fun.
When it came time for the wedding, we didn't expect exactly the same as the tasting, because it is always harder when producing food in large quantities like that. But Passion Fruit proved us wrong once again! I may be a little biased, but it was honestly one of the best meals I've ever had at a wedding anywhere! We received tons of compliments from our guests on how wonderful the food was, including from my dad who is a very tough critic!
Not only was the food delicious, but Laura and her staff were so incredibly kind and accommodating. Several of the staff with passed hors 'd oeurves were so sweet to compliment my dress and how beautiful the wedding was, and then upon hearing that the groom and I didn't get to have any hors 'd oeurves during the cocktail hour (due to pictures) and were starving, there was a non-stop train of trays coming our way to make sure we got to have some of everything. Chef Laura even made time to step away from the kitchen multiple times to make sure I didn't need anything and to let me know to be sure to tell her if I did - related to food or not! It was just such a kind extra touch. She also offered during the reception to make a plate for the 2 of us and set it aside for us to have later after the party was over. Like most brides and grooms, we didn't end up eating a whole lot during the reception, so we were ecstatic to head down to our suite at the end of the night and devour our special plate of food while we finally had some time alone for the first time really that day to talk about all of the wonderful events of the day - it was such a perfect end to our special day!
Thank you so much to Laura and her team for creating such a wonderful experience and delicious food for us and our guests!

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would highly recommend Passion Fruit Chefs. Laura and her staff did an amazing job at our wedding reception. We are locals of St. John along with most of our guests. Everyone loved the island flare food, professional service, and great bar. Even with a power outage at the beginning of the reception, cocktail hour and dinner kept going smoothly as if nothing was wrong. Laura was a pleasure to work with in planning the menu, equipment rental, and details of the reception night. Thank you Laura!! Val & Dane :)

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/19/14, 5 Reviews