Party People San Diego Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Kevin R. Married on 08/14/2022

Above and Beyond

If you are looking for a DJ that pays attention to detail, is very professional, and is open to learning new songs to put into their library, then look no further. Jeremy has been a huge help during the process of planning the reception for my wedding step by step. Especially with the circumstances at hand for us, my mother had an emergency that changed a few things plan wise, he kept solid with communications and helped ease any worries on the mind. He gave us suggestions and alternatives that could be done if something didn't come out like it was planned, which helped a lot to settle the mind.

The day of was amazing. He helped with keeping things lively and fun for the party, but also balanced well the personal moments we had in mind in between songs. Never once did he miss a beat or slow down a moment when he was emceeing. He was very kind and thoughtful with people's requests and helped get each one in smoothly. It was genuinely such grand moment in our lives and Jeremy made it come true with his DJ talent. I really recommend you look no other place, you will not be disappointed.
    Alexandra C. Married on 08/13/2022

DJ Jeremy was Great!

We were so happy that we chose Jeremy to DJ our wedding. From our initial phone call to our last song - we had nothing but great experiences with Party People.

Jeremy was extremely professional and easy to talk to on the phone - we didn't feel stressed about music at all leading up to our reception thanks to his demeanor. In addition, he had a great song selection and was accommodating to our guests' requests despite not getting much guidance from us. He was a lot of fun and even got a chance to share the dancefloor with us. We're sure our guests shared our sentiment!

We would recommend Jeremy as a DJ for any wedding or event being planned!
  • Melanie
    Melanie K. Married on 07/10/2022

Professional, Amazing

Jeremy was the wedding DJ of our dreams! I was VERY picky about this because the DJ can make/break your event. He brought high energy, but was classy about it. That is not easy to do, but Jeremy delivered. He accommodated all of the songs we wanted, and made us the bests playlists. All of our guests were dancing, and he was so easy and fun to work with. The lighting services and photobooth were also incredible. We are so grateful to him for helping make our wedding day the BEST day of our lives, he is truly talented.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Niema
    Niema M. Married on 07/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jeremy was absolutely amazing!!! Highly recommend

My wife and I got married in July 2022, and Jeremy was absolutely *phenomenal* throughout not just the big day itself, but also in the weeks leading up to it! Well before the wedding day, Jeremy had a Zoom call with us so he could learn more about our vision and our general vibes. In the weeks before the wedding, he kept in constant communication with us, and he kept up with any song requests / playlists we wanted to include in the wedding. A week before the wedding, he had another Zoom call with us and went through our entire wedding timeline with us to make sure he was aware of everything that should be happening at any given time. On the day of, Jeremy blew us away with his ability to keep the event on-track and making sure the vibe of the night was always on-point. I'm Persian-American and my wife is half white American and half Taiwanese, but I grew up in Chula Vista and listen to a lot of reggaeton, so I'm sure our song requests were particularly challenging for Jeremy to mix together smoothly, but despite this, he went *way* above and beyond. We were all dancing the entire night, and so many of my Persian relatives were *shocked* when I told them that we didn't have a Persian DJ, because they couldn't imagine how Jeremy could have possibly done that well with Persian music he wasn't familiar with (they all said he was much better at mixing Persian music than actual Persian DJs they've hired in the past!). I honestly cannot imagine how our wedding day would have gone without Jeremy's amazing work: the entire time, my wife and I felt like we were in good hands, and we were able to just kick back and enjoy the night. The highlight of the night: Jeremy jumped onto the dance floor to join in for a second and *did a flip!!!* (photo of amazed guests attached!) Thank you, Jeremy, for everything :-)
  • Karen
    Karen G. Married on 07/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Above and beyond expectations!

Jeremy did an AMAZING job for our wedding in July 2022 at Bonita Golf Course. He is an incredibly talented DJ who had us dancing for hours. He also really nailed balancing and seamlessly mixing our diverse music needs from reggaeton to Persian music to EDM and bay area hyphy. He did an excellent job with the pre-ceremony and ceremony music and maintained quality audio for things like the speeches. In addition to his ability to maintain an energetic party, he also went above and beyond to understand our vision for the night and our timeline and make sure to coordinate with the venue and other vendors to make our vision a reality. Jeremy was highly recommended by Bonita Golf Course and he worked extremely well with the team there to make sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night so we could relax and enjoy ourselves. The pricing is extremely reasonable and very clearly communicated. Most importantly, Jeremy was extremely reliable, organized, personable and humble and it really made everything from the planning process to the night itself so enjoyable!
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 05/14/2022

Great DJ Awesome Service

This review is for our DJ De'angelo Dewitt. He was responsive, super friendly and really listened to all of our requests and just understood what we wanted for the wedding. We really appreciated how smooth everything went and he even took my mom's request for a song which we thought was so cute. We would definitely recommend De'angelo to all of our friends as well as hire him again for another event. Thank you so much!
    Kristen B. Married on 04/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I want to have another wedding so I can work with Jeremy again!

Jeremy made our wedding dreams come true last weekend! Jeremy was our DJ and was PERFECT! We also worked with his team for a photobooth (which he gave us a discount on since we booked both together). We are so happy that we were able to work with him and are super-grateful for all the extra effort he put into our special day. Everything was PERFECT - from the name pronunciations, to including specific songs at specific times, and he kept the dance party going all night! He really went above and beyond with some surprise extras - a disco ball after he heard I love discoballs, a fog gun machine for the dance party, AND he hit the floor with some fun break-dance moves! The uplights included in our package also made the party come together - he also brought a spotlight to highlight our memorial table, which was very special to us. I can't tell you how many of our friends had great things to say about our DJ and how he facilitated the party. Jeremy also ensured that everything ran smoothly during the ceremony. He double-checked names pronunciations and orders for all announcements, all mics were working and sound was a good level.

The photobooth was a fun add and enjoyed by our guests. It was sleek and professional, with an operator and lots of fun props and unlimited prints. In the end, we got a thumb drive with all the photos on it.

During one of our meetings with Jeremy, he said he was committed to making our vision a reality and he did! He was very professional throughout the whole process and even came to our walkthrough at the venue so that he could understand all the details of our wedding day. We 100% recommend Jeremy and the Party People Team!
  • Kyle
    Kyle C. Married on 10/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jeremy is the Swiss Army Knife of DJs!

Jeremy was everything we wanted in a wedding DJ and more! As an emcee, he was energetic, fun, and kept the party alive the entire evening. He was also extremely professional throughout the entire experience, both as our wedding DJ and in the way he conducted business. We had some unique activities at our wedding, including cultural dances, but Jeremy wasn’t phased and he was actually quite accommodating. Apart from being flexible and extremely easy to work with, Jeremy was also one of our most trusted wedding advisors. Any time we were faced with a difficult decision, Jeremy offered his time and provided valuable insights to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams. His dedication and genuine care for the success of our wedding was above and beyond and we are so grateful for his involvement.
  • Edgar
    Mariapaz M. Married on 09/03/2021

Very Professional and Kept the Party Going

We had the best time at our wedding and a lot of it was thanks to Jeremy and his team. Jeremy is straight up professional. He was super easy to communicate with and just a great guy. He was also very helpful with figuring out many of the details for wedding we did not know.

On our wedding day due to our venue Jeremy had to setup three different sounds systems he did it seamlessly. He was there on time and ready to roll when the wedding started. The sound was perfect, not too loud and not too soft. When it came to the dancing he kept energy going until the end. Every major song was on cue. He also did amazing job as MC and kept everything running smoothly.
  • Anyssa
    Anyssa Married on 07/31/2021

Wedding Day Perfection!

Jeremy was our saving grace on our day! He stepped in to help keep us on track and on time (as we didn’t have a coordinated or planner). He really stuck to music we enjoyed and impressed our guests with his dance skills! His attention to detail was a huge help and especially appreciated by two perfectionists. Our quirky requests were met with encouragement and he really understood what we were hoping to accomplish in our choices so he made sure that was what we got to experience on our wedding day. I enjoyed the spreadsheets and tools Jeremy had available to aid us in developing a timeline. Truly this company is going to pull out all the stops for you as they did for us!
  • Madison
    Madison M. Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing dj!

We got married March 2021, and could not have asked for a better DJ to work with on our wedding day. Jeremy was amazing to work with leading up to our wedding. He arranged a meeting a few months prior, and a week out where we were able to work with him to work on the timeline and pick out the perfect song for each moment on our special day. Jeremy provided his expert opinion which was so helpful in planning our big day. Throughout our wedding Jeremy did a great job playing music that kept the crowd dancing and having fun all night. He did a great job with announcing all of our wedding party and parents. Everyone has commented and complemented how amazing and fun our wedding was which is all thanks to an unforgettable DJ. We HIGHLY recommend having Jeremy bring the confetti cannon. It was a highlight of the night!
    Kylee B. Married on 11/02/2019

Best Wedding DJ!

My husband and I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Jeremy and his company! We had a destination wedding and booked Jeremy based on awesome reviews from several different websites and we could not have been happier with our decision! Jeremy went above and beyond to help us plan our wedding day, he was our MC/DJ and he was not only very professional and made everything run smooth for the ceremony/reception but definitely got the party going!!! All of our guests kept raving about Jeremy during and after the wedding. Party People SD also has a photo booth and lighting package available which I would HIGHLY recommend, the photo booth was a total HIT and we were given copies of all the photos taken. If you are looking for a DJ this is the company!
  • Ericka
    Ericka O. Married on 10/25/2019

Highly recommend!

Jeremy was great! He played the best music for each part of our wedding! There was non-stop dancing! He took the time to meet with us and talk through all our special songs to ensure we were all on the same page. I had a specific song I wanted for my walk down the aisle and he worked with me to get the timing just right and on the say of it was PERFECT!! We highly recommend!!
  • Adriana
    Adriana G. Married on 07/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

As a Latina, dancing was important and Jeremy met my needs

I originally from the East Coast and I didn't know any good DJs and since I am Latina, music was EXTREMELY important to me. I stressed that to DJ Jeremy several times and we talked on the phone, met in person and he said he would be able to meet my needs. Let me say that I was NOT disappointed at all, Jeremy delivered! I have been told by if not all but most of my guest that my wedding was SO much fun and where did I find him! To be honest, I went on Instagram, searched hash tag #sdweddingdj and the page came up, emailed him got a quote, we talked about my husband being in the military and that we also wanted a photo booth which he was able recognize his service and provide us with a photo booth the whole night (unlike other vendors that are hourly booths). All I can say is thank you for being a part of accomplishing my wedding party dreams. Do you DJ baby showers? joking, not joking! :)
    J Kin Married on 06/28/2019

A true artist

Jeremy was not only able to execute all functions of the wedding in spectacular fashion, but also was extremely mindful of our preferences. His advice and guidance in music selection led us to have a soundtrack throughout the day that was complimented by guests for months after.
  • Megan
    Megan D. Married on 06/15/2019

The Best DJ!

We can't thank Jeremy enough for making our wedding and reception so special! The first time we met with Jeremy we were so excited and knew he was going to be a great DJ! He is very passionate about what he does and it shines through when you meet with him. Jeremy was very organized and managed to keep my special wedding performance a surprise to my husband and other guests. Our guests were complimenting the musical selection all evening. Thank you Jeremy for your professionalism and organization. It certainly helped make the evening exciting and memorable for everyone there. :)
  • Kris
    Kris Married on 03/16/2019

Fantastic DJ/MC, uplights, photobooth

My husband and I hired Party People SD for DJ/MC, photobooth & uplighting services for our wedding (ceremony + reception) a few weeks ago at the Martin Johnson House and couldn't be happier! We researched multiple companies and ended up talking to 3 different DJ companies before making our decision to hire Jeremy for our wedding. What sealed the deal for our was initial casual conversation with him, and his competitive pricing. And on top of that he's also a Cal alumna! Go Bears!

In the 2 weeks leading up to our wedding, we had 2 phone conversations...the first of which lasted about 1.5 hours as we discussed song selections, timeline, and logistics. Jeremy played songs for us and gave us examples of his MC style as we tried to decide our songs for different events throughout the reception. The week of our wedding we had another phone conversation to finalize our details. Jeremy was flexible with us, as we wanted FOUR different songs for our processional, and he made it work! A DJ/MC is one of the most important vendor of any wedding, and every time we spoke to him, he helped take our anxiety away.

We sent Jeremy a very thorough spreadsheet with our song choices and preferences for the reception and he was able to play our must play songs + more, and it all blended together very smoothly, as my husband and I have very opposite music tastes (me = top 40 / pop / teenybopper, EDM; husband = hip hop).

We also sent Jeremy the wording/logo we wanted for our photo booth strips and it turned out great! The image and print quality were top notch! Our guests had a blast at the photo booth and we received digital copies of the pictures via dropbox of 2 GB!!! of pictures within 4 days of the wedding! It was so fun to go through the pictures and see how much fun our guests had! He even made us a short photo booth edit on instagram a few days later!

Jeremy checked in with us during the reception to make sure we liked the color of the uplights, and he kept the timeline running smoothly! Our guests had a blast and he kept everyone dancing! We received many compliments about our music. Apparently my mom was even dancing on the dance floor (to Missy Elliot)! We had the shoe game during our reception and Jeremy even had the questions printed out for our wedding party to read! Everything was so wonderful, we didn't want the night to end!

Side note: Jeremy also referred us to SD socialights for market lighting, which is also another amazing vendor!

We highly recommend Jeremy for any event! My husband and I, and our guests had such a blast at our wedding! Thank you again Jeremy!
  • Shelby
    Shelby S. Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Energy and Experience

It was so helpful to have Party People SD because they provided their insights in the planning process, listened to our needs thoroughly, and executed with so much energy that our small wedding was such a blast! I highly recommend them for any event!
    James M. Married on 01/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding was the best day of my life.

Jeremy and his crew were fantastic! Our guests are still raving about the best wedding that they ever attended. That is true! Unanimously!!!
    The music was right on the money, and the photo booth was hysterical! I simply cannot thank Jeremy and Party People San Diego enough, for such excellent service. Thank you friends for your amazing contribution to the best day of our lives.
    Arturo M. Married on 01/03/2019

Wedding in January

Working with Jermery was great! My wife isnt from this country and wasnt here till a few days before the event. i wasnt sure where to start with wedding music. Jermery helped so much with getting the music for each part of the wedding. He made sure it wasnt just his recommendations but that we also had a few songs picked out to make it personal and special.

We had people dance that never hit the dance floor before. everything that was played was great and fit the crowd. It was also a nice special touch when he added some japanese to his announcements. We had so much fun that night.

Im really glad Party people were able to provide entertainment for our wedding.
    Mayra Married on 09/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great DJ! Look no further.

We hired Jeremy to DJ our wedding on 6/21/2019 at the Coronado Community Center and were not disappointed! He proved to be a great choice from the first meeting we had with him. He truly loves his craft, and will tailor everything to your needs. I guarantee that after you are done meeting with Jeremy, he will win you over. During the wedding day, our dance floor was full the entire night! We had a hispanic wedding but wanted a variety of music choices for the different age groups. Jeremy did an excellent job of finding the rights points in the night to smoothly transition between the music choices we gave him. In addition to a great wedding planner, you really need a great DJ to enjoy a seamless event. Jeremy is that DJ. We would definitively hire him again and recommend him to DJ your wedding.
    Tiffany Married on 09/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We recently got married at the Catamaran Resort & Spa in San Diego. Jeremy was awesome to work with! We live in Colorado, but he was able to make the planning process seamless and easy despite the distance! On top of providing excellent DJ service, we also contracted for uplights, a photo booth, and videography. The videography was very last minute (a few weeks before the wedding), but Jeremy was able to accommodate our request!

He played all requested songs and helped give suggestions on things we weren't sure about! He provided music from pre-ceremony through the cocktail hour, reception, and dance. The photo booth was a wonderful addition for our guests and everyone we worked with on Jeremy's team was professional and fun! The whole event was a blast and it couldn't have gone any better!

I highly recommend Party People San Diego for any DJ events, but especially your wedding! He did an absolutely wonderful job at ours! :)
    Krystle Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best vendor you will hire!

Jeremey Jones was the best you can get! It’s true what people say the DJ can make or break your night and he made it! Besides the food this is the single most important vendor you will choose that will have a direct impact on your guest’s night. Jeremy doesn’t forget this and he takes his job very seriously. From the first conversation we had with him he wanted to make sure everything he did for us was going to be perfect. He was very easy to work with, quick to respond, and nailed the music selection! I felt a little bad since we were pretty vague on what we wanted but he really tuned in to us and had everybody out dancing. He was checking in on use to make sure the night was going well and kept the whole evening running smoothly and on track. Do not hesitate to reach out to Jeremy to see if he is available for your event! He is the best and you can’t afford to pass him up!
    Suzanne Married on 03/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We just had our wedding two weekends ago and with great vendors like Party people, I'm so happy it went smoothly! Jeremy was a really great DJ and was so helpful. He practiced reading out our names with the entrance music over the phone to see if my husband liked it. I thought that was so cute and thoughtful. I'm sure he has done a ton of weddings, but his song selections for our wedding reception and dance floor still felt tailored to our taste. Thank you so much, Jeremy!
    Meredith Married on 07/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you are looking for an outstanding DJ for your wedding, look no further! DJ Red was absolutely amazing!! Picking a DJ was a difficult decision because we feel like the music is such an important part to the reception. A DJ can make or break the party and we wanted to be sure that we had a party going all night. DJ Red was very professional and met with us before the wedding in order to get a feel for who we were as a couple. We compiled a list of songs for him before the wedding so he could ensure he had our "must plays" and "do not plays." He kept the party going all night and everyone commended him on his amazing playlists and ability to mix songs. He is truly a professional and will be as involved as you want him to be on the mic as well. Book DJ Red of Party People San Diego NOW! You will not be disappointed!
illustration stars