51 Reviews for Party People San Diego

Liability Insurance (5)
Photobooth (3)
Projector (1)
51 Party People San Diego Reviews

We just had our wedding two weekends ago and with great vendors like Party people, I'm so happy it went smoothly! Jeremy was a really great DJ and was so helpful. He practiced reading out our names with the entrance music over the phone to see if my husband liked it. I thought that was so cute and thoughtful. I'm sure he has done a ton of weddings, but his song selections for our wedding reception and dance floor still felt tailored to our taste. Thank you so much, Jeremy!

Profile Picture SUZANNE, 3/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

If you are looking for an outstanding DJ for your wedding, look no further! DJ Red was absolutely amazing!! Picking a DJ was a difficult decision because we feel like the music is such an important part to the reception. A DJ can make or break the party and we wanted to be sure that we had a party going all night. DJ Red was very professional and met with us before the wedding in order to get a feel for who we were as a couple. We compiled a list of songs for him before the wedding so he could ensure he had our "must plays" and "do not plays." He kept the party going all night and everyone commended him on his amazing playlists and ability to mix songs. He is truly a professional and will be as involved as you want him to be on the mic as well. Book DJ Red of Party People San Diego NOW! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

With all the stress and details of wedding planning, my husband and I definitely agreed that music was at the top of our list of importance. With that, we can’t say enough great things about Jeremy and his company! My husband met with him a year out while interviewing DJ’s and he instantaneously felt comfortable with him and knew he was the guy. As it got closer to the wedding, we met with Jeremy the month of our wedding and ironed out all the details including a timeline, music requests, lighting options and the photo booth. We sat with Jeremy over 2 hours drinking coffee while chatting about what we wanted and what we didn’t want…or as Jeremy terms it “no cheese.” Lol. He was so responsive to our requests as we wanted a “club vibe” and dance the night away to dance music. He always had suggestions and helped us so much with his expertise!!! And on the day of our wedding boyyyy he didn’t disappoint!!!
The music he played was phenomenal!! Although our wedding was on the smaller side, our dance floor was packed the entire night!! He even brought in his cousin to mix some tracks for us and they both break danced and got the party started. At the end of the night when we didn’t want to stop dancing but our last song had to be played, which was a slow song, Jeremy did so….but right after he tricked us and played two more “fist pumping” songs to get people jumping and to end the night on a breath taking note!
Jeremy ran things so smoothly and was so responsive to our needs, all we had to do is shoot him a look or a smile and he knew to change the track or he was on the right TRACK, haha. His blue and purple uplighting was amazing and was set perfectly to our peacock feather theme. And everyone had a blast in the photobooth that he brought in and had an “assistant” (really its his mom and she is so cute!) man down. And he did all of this for the right price too!! He is very comparable to a lot of other DJ’s we interviewed and included MUCH more in his price.

Profile Picture Martyna, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Andy from Party People was the DJ for my recent wedding at the Bernardo Winery. He really went above and beyond in making sure our day went off without a hitch. He met with us a couple of times before our wedding and provided great entertainment. We had a very specific combination of songs for our first dance and he played them perfectly. He used his voice just enough to get guests where they needed to be and played every song i asked him to during dinner. Andy was so great to work with and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Profile Picture Devon, 5/21/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jeremy is the best! From our pre-wedding meetings to the day of he made us feel like he had it all under control! He was so good at reading the crowd and keeping the party going! Our guests weren't ready for it to end! We would recommend Jeremy to anyone planning a wedding or any event.

Profile Picture Sindi, 1/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeremy from Party People San Diego went above and beyond to ensure my day was perfect. The light in they provided created such a romantic atmosphere for my wedding. From the beginning stages of planning the wedding to the actual wedding day, Jeremy was so helpful with the planning of the timeline and with song suggestions. This company doesn't just have skilled DJs, they are also extremely professional, high quality and the best deal in town. I highly recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had an easy time choosing Party People and feeling good about that choice right through to the end of our wedding. Jeremy is hyper focused on customer service, and cares a lot about what he does and who he does it for. We planned our wedding from another coast and it was easy to trust him as our DJ/ MC. The groom's been a full time wedding musician and wedding agency music director leading events for 10 years, so give that weight, ha! Here's what we had to say to him after our event-

Heyah Jeremy!

Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding and all the work you put in to make it great, we were grateful to have you there. Your preparation combined with your flexibility that day was all we could've asked for. We got to enjoy a lot of beautiful moments, and had a lot of fun dancing together. I know you like to focus on facilitating both of those things, and you made sure to do that for us. Thanks for the reverence in executing our ceremony sound reinforcement/ accompaniment requests, formalities/ intros/ announcements for the reception, and for caring so much about how our whole wedding day went.

Profile Picture Rishona, 12/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Jeremy is AWESOME!! Our main goal was for all of our guests to have fun. Jeremy is really intuitive and able to feel out what the crowd wants to hear. He is a great MC and even did some break dancing himself, which was a HUGE hit with our crowd. Our family and friends still give us compliments on our music and DJ! His prices are very fair compared to other DJs we looked at, and I can only imagine the quality of his work is better.

Profile Picture Helen, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeremy was the emcee for our wedding in October. He was extremely friendly and easy to work with. We met three times prior to the wedding; once to initially meet and figure out what we needed to do, second at the wedding site and a last time to finalize things. Jeremy was easy going and flexible when we made a last minute change on where he setup during the ceremony and reception. He also had a smaller system that was used for the cocktail hr prior to the reception in another location that was perfect. The music selection was great and kept everyone on the dance floor. Everyone was entertained and Jeremy was so friendly and professional. We would highly recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennifer and Ethan, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I found Party People San Diego on The Knot while searching for a DJ for my wedding in September. As soon as I emailed what I was looking for, I got a call from Jeremy. He went through my questions and list of preferences, and gave me a quote over the phone. I felt like I definitely made the right choice in contacting him!

As we neared my big day, I was able to give him a tailored list of what songs should be played for each part of my wedding including a must-play and must-not-play list. When we had our consultation, he was super excited with our choices and made me feel extremely secure with the timeline for the ceremony and reception.

On the day of the wedding, he kept everything on schedule and helped with the entire flow of my event. He was extremely professional, a pleasure to work with, and played exactly what we wanted to hear. He was phenomenal about checking in with me throughout the whole evening in regards to how things were going and the order of events. All of my guest had an amazing time on the dance floor, and we all loved the music throughout the entire wedding.

If I had another event to plan, I would without question book Jeremy at Party People San Diego to DJ. He seriously helped make our wedding the day we dreamed of! I 150% recommend this company for your wedding or big event.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you are looking for someone to keep your guests on the dance floor and entertained- hire Jeremy!!

Jeremy was awesome! I cannot say enough good things about how organized and talented he was- my guests were raving about the DJ for days after the wedding, and we are so happy we hired him as our wedding DJ.

From our first interaction with Jeremy, we knew we wanted him as our DJ. My husband and I were pretty much clueless in terms of how to select songs, create a wedding timeline, etc. Jeremy walked us through the entire thing. He also sat and played each song you wanted in front of you, so he could be sure that was the right version.

What I really liked was how organized he kept us at the wedding reception, and how he would wait for the vibe of the room to be just right before we moved into the toasts, slideshow, garter toss, etc. He also can pick up on small hints if you want your first dance or mother/son dance to cut out a bit early- which we totally appreciated! Jeremy also organized all of the dance floor lights, uplighting, and the projector and screen so I didn't have to worry about doing any of that myself.

Thank you Jeremy for making our wedding entertainment so unforgettable!

Profile Picture Nicole , 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My fiancé and I booked Party People San Diego for our wedding in August . We had our wedding at the Coronado Community center . We used their amazing up lighting , ordered the gobo
With our initials, their photo booth and of course their famous DJ services . Party People offers beautiful crystal decor. I had decorations but also requested a few of theirs to give the wedding more elegance. We also requested for some video. We initially were not going to have a video, but I'm glad we did. The videographer James was awesome. He captured all our amazing moments that we would of missed If we did not go with the video services. Jeremy Jones who is the owner who helped to coordinate my event with Red who was our DJ. Red was spectacular. My dance floor was packed ! Which was one of the most important things to me . All the music I wanted was played and he played songs he chose but all of them matched the style I was going for. He was an awesome MC! Very energetic and kept the party going !! With Jeremy helping us coordinate our event nothing went wrong . Jeremy and Red took the time to really find out what we wanted for our wedding, from custom color up lights, to the cocktail and dinner music to party music and to our timeline. When I met with Jeremy and red before the wedding I already knew I made the right choice . The photo booth was a big hit. Jeremy knew when was a good time to shut it off so there wasn't a huge line when we were having our first dance, the speeches, etc. he provided us great methods of how to retrieve our photos from our guests . They had a whole table full of props ! What was really cool was Jeremy made sure that me and my fiancé took at least one picture together when he first opened it which I really appreciated! Another great thing that Party People offered was our wedding ceremony Hoopa. we were unable to find one in time, but Party People saved the day . They built it to perfection and it was beautiful !

Profile Picture Megan, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

JJ was our DJ extraordinaire! We first met at the Bernardo Winery Bridal event. He was very persistent and called me to follow up, and talking to him for five minutes on the phone made me decided Party People was the right DJ for our wedding day. He was very kind and enthusiastic and he helped us every step of the way to make sure our special day was perfect, From the pre- ceremony music to the very last song JJ amazed the whole crowd. I am still getting comments from our guests about how perfect every song was. I will definitely be recommending Party People San Diego to all of my friends. Thank you again for making our day so special.

Xo
Tammy & David

Profile Picture Tammy , 2/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeremy was our DJ for our wedding on December 6th, 2014. He did an amazing job! He played all of our music requests and got every one dancing on the dance floor, the wedding was a hit! He listened to our wants and needs and followed through with them on our special day. We are very happy with how everything turned out, we had the best night ever!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We recently had Jeremy and his assistant DJ for our wedding at the Crossings at Carlsbad on November 8, 2014 and we were SO impressed! Jeremy was very professional throughout the planning process. We met with him prior to the event and discussed exactly what we wanted. I am from Texas, and my now husband is Cuban, Jeremy did an AMAZING job of mixing country and Latin music, both sides of our family were so impressed with the music! Jeremy went above and beyond with the lighting and monogramed initials on the dance floor! His energy and professionalism really created the perfect vibe on our special day! He is very honest, and such a great deal for everything he provided! Thank You!!

Profile Picture Martha, 11/8/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hiring Jeremy and Party People was the best decision we made while planning our wedding! He was so professional and did a great job as master of ceremonies. We did not have a wedding planner so we relied on Jeremy for a lot during our ceremony and reception and he came through with flying colors. Everything went better than we ever could have imagined. He had everyone dancing and having a blast! We would recommend Jeremy to anyone!!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 11/2/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeremy was our DJ for our wedding on October 24, 2014.
Like so many other brides to be out there, picking out a DJ can be hard and stressful. I did my research online, checking out reviews and calling around to various companies trying to find the right pick.
I decided to have a consultation with Jeremy at Party People San Diego, mostly because his phone service was the best of all I had talked to (I work in customer service, so this is very important to me).
We met at a local Starbucks, and went over song choices, my vision of my wedding, the style, etc. Jeremy was amazing at helping chose songs that I hadn’t even picked yet, and I am so glad I went with his recommendations- I could really tell this was his passion, full time business/career, as he took so much time and effort making our music selection just perfect! The day of our wedding arrived; it was more perfect than I could have ever imagined! It is true what Jeremy (and so many others) say- The DJ is such an important part of a wedding! Jeremy kept us on schedule, kept the party going, was so polite and did an outstanding job! I would 100% refer him top any brides to be looking for a great DJ. And from what I found, his pricing is very reasonable. Thank you Jeremy for helping to make our wedding day that much better!

-Mr & Mrs Stevenson

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was a Vietnamese/American and the challenge was to try to communicate to both sides of the family. Planning and coordinating our own wedding was stressful but on the day of, Red was where he was asked to be. We had our ceremony at Bernardo Winery and reception at Pearl. Red was on point every step of the way. Red never once assumed and made sure our expectations were met and more. He mixed Vietnamese and English songs as we requested. It was perfect. When I needed assurance, I'd look his way and his smile and nod told me everything was under control and going smoothly as planned. He's not Vietnamese nor does he speak it but his attention to details showed how much he was involved and wanted to make our big day as memorable as it was. Thank you RED! We heart you!!!!

Profile Picture Joyce, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

PERFECT DJ!! Jeremy was our DJ and he went above and beyond our expectations in so many ways. He is very responsive via email or phone, whichever you prefer. We had 2 meetings with him one on one to review all details for the wedding and he executed everything perfectly. All the music played was exactly what we had discussed and he kept the party going all night long for us and our guests. Our wedding would not have been the amazing party it was without Jeremy from PP San Diego. We highly highly recommend him for your event.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/11/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I got married on September 27th, and Jeremy was our DJ. After having met with him the first time we were really impressed with how right off the bat he was very interested in the schedule and timeline of the wedding. He was very helpful when we had “How have other people done this?” or “What songs have people played here?” type questions.

On top of his logistical prowess he was very receptive to our musical requests. My wife and I have a very musically oriented relationship and so we had a relatively specific and diverse music selection for Jeremy but he didn’t bat an eye and on the day-of the playlist was perfect. Even the couple times he played artists that weren’t specifically on our list the songs were great and followed the feel of our other songs perfectly. When we walked into our reception hall for the first time after the ceremony my personal favorite song was playing, one of my highlights of the wedding, and it wasn’t even on our must-play list, so apparently Jeremy can read minds too!

During the reception, on top of playing music and MCing, Jeremy several times snuck out from behind the decks to come find us to keep us apprised of the schedule and if any issues were coming up. When a couple minor issues did come up, he was ready with a couple suggestions on what to do. We were really happy to have him doing this for us, it really let us focus on the fun of the night.

Overall we are thrilled we chose Jeremy and Party People San Diego to DJ our wedding. We feel like we were a very lucky couple in that nothing really went wrong during our big day and that our night couldn’t really have gone any better. Jeremy was definitely a big part of that success and he even topped off the night with some pretty slick dance moves himself.

I can’t wait to recommend San Diego Party People to anyone I know who is getting married in SoCal.

Profile Picture User3638592, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Jeremy was our dj and did the most amazing job! Everyone had a great time. Dance floor was packed all night.

Profile Picture User3766838, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We got married last week and Jeremy from Party People was our DJ. He was great!!! He was so easy to work with, listened to all our requests, and provided the professionalism and class to make our reception special. Due to Jeremy’s diligence in the planning, our reception went off without a hitch. He was incredibly attentive throughout the whole reception and made sure everything was going well. Equally important, he made sure the entire night was a fun atmosphere for everyone. If you’re looking for a DJ, Jeremy’s the one to get!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/13/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you are looking for the BEST DJ EVER, look no further than Party People San Diego!
We actually found Party People San Diego on Yelp and contacted them right away because they have so many positive reviews. We reached out to owner, Jeremy Jones, and he responded within the same day of initially reaching out. Jeremy asked me several questions about our event and was excited to recommend that we work with a specific DJ that he felt would be the best fit for our event. We really appreciate Jeremy's thoughtfulness and careful consideration of pairing us with the person who would be the best fit for us and our event. My partner and I got married on August 16, 2014 at a private residence in Oceanside and our DJ was the AMAZING Nick Martinez! From the first time we met Nick to discuss our wishes for our ceremony and reception, we knew it was a great fit...we just clicked! Nick is thorough, professional, sincere, a great listener, and assured us he would take good care us. He followed through on all of our requests and put together an incredible play list for our friends and family to enjoy at our reception. We had so many compliments about Nick from our friends and family - everyone just loved him! Whenever we reached out to Nick with questions and requests, he was very attentive and quick to respond. We look forward to having a party soon so we can hire Nick to come back and play for us! THANK YOU, Jeremy and Nick for helping to make our wedding an event that we will cherish forever!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeremy is amazing, He catered to me and my husband's wants and needs and never questioned what I wanted. When I asked for advice, he gave me thorough answers with various options, making my life as a bride MUCH easier.

The music was the most important thing to me and choosing Jeremy @ Party People San Diego was the best choice I made during the wedding planning process (besides choosing to marry my husband, of course ;) ).

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/15/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Trying to plan a destination wedding across the country was hard enough, without the added stress of finding a perfect DJ, who would accomodate a small private party of 43 people. Upon meeting Jeremy, who by the way came highly recommended by Bernardo's Winery, where the wedding was held, we knew we made the right choice.
Jeremy became like a personal friend, trying to find out alittle bit about us and what our music taste was like. Having a multi coulture wedding, Jeremy accomodated our choices of Italian music, and made sure that they were the correct versions of our choices. His professionalism in discreetly keeping in with the time frame was incredible.
I must add that the sound system was perfectly balanced. Sometimes the music is distorted outside, Jeremy made sure that was not an issue, & the music flowed beautifully.
Everyone of our guests, from our mom of 81 yrs young to our youngest guest of 10 rocked it!!!
We highly recommend Jeremy for all your PARTY music needs!!!
He truey fits the "PARTY PEOPLE" name!!!

Maria & Tony

PS. Must add also that we used Jeremy as our official photographer, being our second marriage for both of us, we tried to keep it on the low key side, so happy with the results!
There were over 1000 pics taken, we now have just about every minute of our special day documented!!!!
Thanks again Jeremy!!!