66 Reviews for Party Favors

User Photos
todo alt text
Available (1)
65 Party Favors Reviews

We worked with Party Favors for our wedding, and we planned for a small ceremonial cake and a variety of cupcakes. We worked with John for our tasting, which was a fun experience, and ended up picking a two-tier cake and five types of mini-cupcakes. We were impressed by how quickly they can turn around cakes and how helpful they were in developing a design and making decisions. We hadn't expected to afford as substantial a cake as we could - the price was very reasonable. They were incredibly accomodating and ready to work with us, no matter what our final decision was. One of the most fun parts of our wedding planning process!

Profile Picture NS, 3/3/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Available

We ordered a 3 tier vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting and it was absolutely delectable! It was even better the next day for breakfast! Thank you Party Favors!

Profile Picture Nina, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was SO GOOD. Based on our tasting, we expected a good wedding cake, but what they brought to our wedding was even better than we imagined (we chose different flavors than what we tasted). We didn't want a whole bunch of decorations, and they actually listened to us and made beautiful, simply-decorated cakes. And the price was way better than most other bakeries! Several guests told us they don't usually like cake/dessert - crazy I know - but that they loved our cake. Highly recommend the Funfetti!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lights. Camera. Action... John, and his team at Party Favors went above and beyond the call for our replica, full scale, Stanley Cup wedding cake for our wedding this past New Year's Eve (2016). As major hockey fans, players, and friends attended our ceremony, "The Cake" took center stage welcoming our guests with all 250 in attendance hand-written onto the cake as our seating chart. The cake was so impressive, it stopped everyone from taking their seat for almost 30 mins, as selfies, social media, and memories were instantly created. The project was accepted with high enthusiasm from the moment we approached Party Favors with our idea, and every time we came in to visit we were the "Stanley Cup People", you could feel the pride and energy the staff had towards our cake. Other major cake shops in the area turned down the idea, and we were glad they did, as John and his team delivered a perfect 10/10.

From design through the installation on site at our venue the day of, everything was perfect. John had us to the shop three times throughout the process for meetings, cake tastings, and adjustments as the details and project went along. Our final product contained 7 different flavors, as tiers, and we even did a dozen gluten-free cupcakes to accommodate those with the need. From traditional marble flavors, through blueberry lemon and orange cream, not only was our picture-perfect cake a hit for the camera, servicing as a seating chart, and just an awe to walk into a reception seeing, it was also delicious and received just as many reviews when it was served later in the evening for the quality and taste.

Professionalism, Passion, and Perfection. Party Favors was a perfect vendor, baker, and holds a special place in our hearts for their hard work and a cake that will be remembered forever. Take a look at the photos on their website, and we hope your dream cake is from John and his team!!!

Mike and Jenna
-December 31, 2016-

Profile Picture Jenna, 12/31/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have been working with Party Favors for years to design creative birthday cakes. As a true cake/frosting lover, I knew I wanted my wedding cake to taste as good as it looked and because Party Favors has never let me down on this front, I knew we didn't even need to attend so much as a tasting anywhere else. I had a very specific vision for a tiered cake that was half fun and half serious/traditional. The fun side reflected a different Boston Sports team on each tier. The traditional side used beautiful draping and buttercream designs to show sophistication. The amount this cake has been photographed and talked about is ridiculous. As someone who can't draw or bake to save my life, I am truly grateful for the Party Favors team. Their ability to work with me and make this cake exactly what my husband and I wanted is amazing. Bonus - they will remake the top tier of the cake for us on our first anniversary as part of the initial order. No year old cake for us and so excited for to celebrate again!

Profile Picture Jill, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I have eaten a lot of cupcakes throughout Boston and none other are as amazing as Party Favors! They are amazing! We had a cupcake towers and a small 6" cake at the top of the tower that was beautiful. We went in for our tasting and brought a picture for the cake portion and when we saw the cake at the wedding it was exactly what we envisioned with small accents of our colors to match the cupcakes. We were able to pick 3 different kinds of cupcake flavors, all who had them said they were delicious! We only had a few left over along with the cake so that was perfect! They were so nice and confirmed delivery time to the venue the week before and really help us to design the perfect cake and cupcakes for our wedding!

Profile Picture User7404661, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

We had such a great experience with Party Favors! We came in for a very stress free tasting and has some delicious cakes. After tasting at 3 other bakers, we thought the actual flavor of the cakes were the best so far - not too sugary and you could actually taste a difference between all the flavors. We were looking for a more simply styled cake, and really wanted to focus on unique flavors, and this hit the mark. After doing the initial tasting, we came back to pick up the two flavors we were most interested in for our wedding in October and Party Favors made full mini cakes of each flavor. Highly recommend the Almond cake with apricot cream cheese layer! Delicious and a great value.
Day of the cake was just as beautiful and delicious as I could have hoped for!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/8/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

Have an idea of the design/decorations you want before going for your tasting; we only picked out flavors but hadn't thought enough about the decoration, which impacts the price.

Profile Picture User6527314, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing! I brought in two photos of cakes (for the wedding and rehearsal dinner) that I wanted. They both came out so beautifully and tasted even better. They are easy to work with, have a vision and delivered the cake to the venue. I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have had my birthday cakes from Party Favors since I was born, so it was a no brainer on who I wanted for my wedding. The cake was not only delicious - it was gorgeous and exactly as I had asked it to be designed. Even my photographer posted on her own Facebook that she tries a lot of cakes in her profession but our cupcakes were her favorite of all time!

Profile Picture Lara, 10/4/15, 6 Reviews
4.7

I really enjoyed working with Party Favors for both my cake and my invitations. The cakes that we tried were all so delicious it was difficult to decide on flavors! The staff at Party Favors is extremely flexible, easy to talk to, and very helpful. The cake turned out to be absolutely beautiful and I got so many compliments on the taste. I would highly recommend Party Favors for both cakes and invitations.

Profile Picture User100538, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Party Favors has been a part of my wedding dream since I was a young girl. I grew up in Brookline, MA and would find excuses to go there because their cakes, cupcakes, candy, chocolates are so wonderful that it melts in your mouth. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to use them because my wedding was over 2 hours away (including catching a ferry) but Party Favors delivers to Martha's Vineyard! It was so worth having them provide the dessert. It was delivered seamlessly and with extreme professionalism. I would recommend them to any bride or dessert lover!

Profile Picture B.J., 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We have ordered several cakes through Party Favors, so it was a natural choice for our wedding cake. The tasting process was fairly hands off - we pre-selected a few flavors and tried them in the shop while looking through a book of previous designs. Most of our ordering communications were through email, including about design, which worked well for us because of our schedules. They were very upfront about what impacts the cost (e.g., fondant, design detail, etc.), and worked with us to produce a beautiful cake that fit our budget and looked exactly as we expected it to. Most importantly, Party Favors' cake is absolutely delicious - why choose a cake that isn't?

Profile Picture User4709087, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Party Favors and Chris helped us create a sweet treat for all of our guests on our Valentine's Day wedding. After a disastrous cake tasting at another venue, I was persuaded to give it another go and try out Party Favors - so glad I did. We found a delicious cake to use as a small ceremonial cake cutting and then created an avalanche of cupcakes for our guests to consume - not one cupcake was left! They were delicious and appropriately decorated with roses, hearts and other Valentine's flair. Chris was super helpful and nice - letting us change our order a few times as the numbers rolled in w invitations. Recommend them!

Profile Picture Mary Ellen, 2/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious Cookie Cake for our Rehearsal dinner. It was tasty and unique. They also let us do a full cake tasting even though we knew we wanted cookie cake. They accept cc which I love!

Profile Picture Marissa, 11/22/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There are a lot of places that we researched that could have done our wedding cake, and we went around to see many of them. We went with Party Favors because not only was their cake the bast tasting out of any of them that we tried, but they were also the friendliest and most helpful of any which we met.

Being a smaller operation than some of the others which we tried, gave us a better feeling because they were more interested in what we wanted rather than just trying to sell us a cake like we felt with some of the others. We also wanted to do a smaller cake with an ombre frosting, which they admitted that they had not done many of before, but we felt confident that they could. And boy, did they come through!

We were so happy with the way that the cake turned out visually, and with the way that it tasted. They delivered the cake on time, and there were no issues with any aspect of the process.

The cake was great, and Party Favors rocks. We totally would recommend them to anyone for their wedding cake or any cake for that matter!

Profile Picture Hal, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Party Favors is hands down the best cake around. I was already familiar with this bakery since I work right around the corner, but was completely blown away with the cake they made for our wedding. Their flavors were fantastic and the cake was exactly what we were looking for. I was especially happy with the value, we had met with two other bakeries and Party Favors was surprisingly one of the more affordable ones. The tasting and ordering process was simple and everything went off without a hitch!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/4/14, 7 Reviews
3.7

We got our wedding cake from here and it tasted and looked great! There were some initial issues with getting it delivered, but it all got figured out. Definitely recommend them for wedding cakes!

Profile Picture User3605626, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

OUR CAKE WAS AMAZING!!!

We chose the marble cake with the hazelnut filling and every single guest said it was the BEST wedding cake they have ever had. :)

Thank you Party Favors - here's to a lifelong relationship filled with cakes and happiness!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/20/14, 4 Reviews
3.8

They would be getting a 5 if my cake hadn't been lopsided the day of the wedding. Not contacting us back after we called is kinda crappy too.

Profile Picture Dana, 11/10/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I have been a massive fan of party favors since I met my now husband, he used to live in brookline and we'd get cupcakes every weekend so when we got engaged I knew where we would go. Our cupcake tower turned out perfect!! The colors were prefect and as always they tasted delish!! They were very flexible and let me change the delivery time the day before the wedding. My one and only complaint is that when you schedule a tasting you need to pick flavors and fillings on the phone so you need to know in advance what you want and they can't add new flavors with short notice. It would be better if they had all the options available so you can taste everything.
I gave 4 star for responsiveness because I was on hold for almost 5 minutes when I called to change cake delivery time and I once used there email to ask a question and didn't get a response...that being said I would still strongly recommend.

Profile Picture User2679433, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Party Favors makes amazing cakes. We live nearby and get cakes from them frequently, so we just had to get them for our wedding. We chose to get cupcakes for our guests, with a top cake for us to cut and a separate groom's cake. They matched our colors perfectly and made the cakes exactly as we had specified (and the groom's cake was pretty complicated!). The cake itself was super moist, and their frosting is amazing- best buttercream ever! If you send them a photo of your cake/cupcakes after they are "set up" at the wedding, they will make you a free anniversary cake too.

We had them deliver our order to the Cape, and the delivery went extremely smoothly. I just gave them the venue name, and they coordinated directly with the venue, no extra work for me. I highly recommend them, and can't wait to get our free anniversary cake!

Profile Picture User3454881, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I sat down at my own wedding and ate my entire piece of cake, and if another piece had been in front of me I would have eaten that too. Best wedding cake I've ever had! Oh, and it was very pretty too, but that was almost besides the point because really, this cake was unbelievably moist and flavorful. We are already looking forward to the free cake on our one-year anniversary!

Profile Picture Erika, 6/1/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

Party Favors provided us with a beautiful and delicious cupcake tower for our wedding. We were able to rent the tower from them which was extremely helpful and they also delivered and set up everything for us. The Party Favors butter cream frosting was the best we tasted and it was a delicious treat for our guests. The cupcake tower looked terrific and tasted even better. They were great to work with and my parents who returned the tower for us also raved about their customer service and their helpfulness. We are looking forward to enjoying our complimentary cake on our one year anniversary.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/25/13, 7 Reviews
4.2

Brides-to-be:

This is the only bad rating I gave...and though I feel horrible, I am compelled to write the most honest, the most objective, and the most concise review I possibly can.

We went with this vendor based on good reviews and good interactions.

Paula was the Party Favors representative with whom we worked closest with. She was kind, accommodating, accessible and thorough leading up to the event.

During the reception, we encountered an issue with two missing groom cakes and two missing cake stands. This issue was partially resolved an hour prior to the end of the reception; however, we are still attempting to work with this vendor to resolve the remaining issues. The issues seem to stem from a lack of communication (on behalf of this vendor).

We elected to donate the bridal dress, the flowers and then the cake(s) when Party Favors assured us that donating cake leftovers would not pose an issue. They had experience with cake donations and “would coordinate with the venue.” Because the burden of proof is on the customer, my husband and I have been electronically digging, compiling, forwarding and corresponding with them—weeks after the event. Verbal exchanges are null, so the disappearing cake stands conundrum might be lost cause at this point as they were shipped directly along with the receipt and this will require more tracking efforts on our behalf.

This is not my nature and I don’t want to pick vendor apart, so, I have my reservations about commenting further on the aesthetics of the bride’s cake. I’ll just say that it wasn’t an accurate representation of the tasting or the portfolio, but was most certainly something that we could overlook.
Brittany