Pappy's Smokehouse Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 11 Reviews
View more information

• Shay
    Shay T. Married on 06/05/2021

The BEST one can ask for

My husband and I both love pappy's, so we knew this is what we'd cater for our wedding from day one. The experience with the catering staff, especially with Tina, went above and beyond my expectations. We had some set backs the day before our wedding with renting out the China (which Pappy's got from another company), but Tina took care of everything and was extremely reassuring throughout the entire process. I felt like she cared about making the situation right even more than I did, and that made it clear that we were in good hands. Throughout the entire planning process, I was that annoying bride that changed my mind a million times about the menu. However, Tina was so patient, friendly, and sweet, taking every email to update it to my preferences and even took time calling me on the phone to finalize our menu. She even came to our wedding to help out!!! That definitely made me feel a lot less anxious the day of, because I knew Tina was there. I'm so grateful to Pappy's and to Tina, who is just so full of kindness and love. I'd recommend Pappy's to anyone wanting to have THE MOST AMAZING WEDDING FOOD at their wedding!!!! (also tip: definitely order extra slabs ribs, they went by really fast at our wedding)
  • Jane
    Jane D. Married on 10/31/2020

Best BBQ in town

Before I got engaged I already knew Pappys was my place!
    Monica Married on 05/28/2017
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Pappy's with about 35 people, and it was the perfect way to treat our out-of-town family and friends to an iconic St. Louis meal. Pappy's has a new, fabulous private event space (with a reasonable rental fee), and Lisa was a fantastic planner to work with there. The space looked wonderful, the food was outstanding, and everyone at Pappy's was friendly and accommodating.
    Ashley Married on 10/15/2016
    Food was amazing and their servers really went above and beyond our expectations!
    Alicia Married on 06/06/2015
    The food for the reception was wonderful; everyone raved about it! And there was plenty to go around. They were very professional and courteous. The wait staff was fantastic. I am very glad we made the decision to use Pappy's. We were not disappointed!
  • User1412910 2+ years ago
    The food was delicious and well received by all!
    Amanda Married on 08/31/2013
    All I can say are the servers were wonderful and we had multiple multiple guests tell us this was the best wedding food they've ever had!
  • User1191716 2+ years ago
    Drove over two hours to deliver my food! Quality was more than I could ever ask for and still cheaper than anything local! So excited to have them as part of my day!
  • User1029539 2+ years ago
    We had Pappy's cater our wedding, and they were AMAZING. We had some issues with our original caterer and switched to Pappy's a few weeks before our wedding, and Pappy's exceeded all of our wildest expectations. They were professional, responsive, and extremely easy to deal with. The food was outstanding. They accidentally brought two entire salad containers instead of a few individual salads for vegetarians, so we got a bunch of salad for free. The service was really tremendous. They sent more servers than we asked for at no extra charge, and all the servers were all smiles and helpful when serving and constantly clearing tables, etc. Absolutely no problems at all. Highly, highly recommend if you want barbecue for your wedding!
    Nicki Married on 08/13/2010
    Reason's to have Pappy's do your wedding food:
    A) It isn't boring.
    B) It is insanely delicious
    C) Everyone who works there makes everything better
    D) It is a value
    E) You get to take home any left overs-if you're lucky and there are any.
    I had several people tell me that this was the best wedding food they have ever had. And they were right. It was great, the guys who served were amazing and it was not crazy expensive.
    Emily Married on 05/27/2012
    Anyone from St. Louis knows good BBQ and Pappy's is simply the best! We pretty much focused our entire wedding around the food because we didn't want the traditional "chicken or beef?". It was awesome! Everyone raved about how good the food was and nobody cared that BBQ isn't traditional wedding food. Working with Pappy's was great. We had an initial meeting, they gave me a quote (such a great value compared to wedding hall caterers!), and they took payment a couple of days before the event. Everything went very smoothly and their servers were really great and very professional. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have BBQ at a wedding - I chowed down on ribs and all in my dress! :)