39 Reviews for Paper Rock Scissors

Foil-Stamped (1)
Consultations (1)
Letterpress (1)
Printing (1)

When I went to my florist, Carl Alan Floral Design, to discuss my centerpieces, I saw a picture of the most amazing seating chart in his office. It was this gorgeous gold antique mirror with all of the guest names and table numbers written perfectly on the glass. I immediately knew that is what I wanted to do for my wedding at the Crystal Tea Room. He gave me the contact information for Christina Carnevale at Paper Rock Scissors and I was so excited to hear the mirror was available to rent for my big day. She did such an amazing job on our mirror seating chart! We received so many compliments from our guests on how different and classy it was. I was so happy with how it came out and Christina was so wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend Paper Rock Scissors to any bride!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

So helpful with my wedding invitations, very kind and involved.i highly recomed them. you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User4426296, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina is such a pleasure to work with! She is a true professional who is so talented and creative. She not only did our invitations but also our escort cards, table numbers, and our ceremony programs. We received so many compliments on our invitations. They were very elegant and classy, just what we were looking for. I am so happy with everything!

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/22/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Place Cards, Programs

Christina at Paper Rock Scissors was wonderful to work with! The design process was really enjoyable (and her shop is adorable). She listened to my ideas, showed me examples of her previous work and then created different proof options that I could choose from. The invitations look so beautiful and I'm extremely happy. She worked with me on the design so that it fit in my budget as well. In addition, she shipped my invitations to a different state for me (I recently moved to the Philadelphia area but I'm from LA) and the packaging was amazing! She organized everything so well for me and that made it very easy to stuff envelopes. Because of the great experience, I'm even recommending Paper Rock Scissors to my LA friends. Overall it was a wonderful experience. Thanks to Paper Rock Scissors!

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards, Save the Dates, Addressing, Calligraphy, Design, Foil-Stamped, Consultations, Letterpress, Printing
0.9

Warning: DO NOT USE PAPER ROCK SCISSORS FOR YOUR INVITATIONS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF!

We went in to get a quote from Christina and before we even met with her we told her our budget of max $2000, preferably less. At our meeting she told us all the invitations she showed us were custom ones they had previously done for weddings (even though some had dates of 2018???) and a lot of them looked like they had been torn off of something on the back, which I found odd. After our hour long meeting she took over FIVE WEEKS to get us a quote, which came in at a whopping $4500-$5000, after we had specifically told her what we could afford and to only show us those invitations that fit our budget! Not only did she not listen, but she pretty much wasted our time and then sent us a completely ridiculous quote.

After searching for another vendor to do our invites, we found Schank Printing down the street from Paper Rock Scissors. As we were looking through their "Carlson Craft" books of invitations, what did we stumble upon but ALL OF THE "CUSTOM" INVITATIONS CHRISTINA HAD SHOWN US! Turns out all they do is order these books and rip them out and take credit for them and up-charge you!! We ended up getting the same invitations she had shown us for $1300!!!

Total ripoff and scam, do NOT use them!! SO disappointed and angry at our wasted time!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/9/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I was really torn on whether I wanted to use a stationary vendor for our invitations or just use a website such as wedding paper divas, due to how much we were already spending. Luckily my MIL offered to pay and that solved that problem. Christina was great to work with. She had a fantastic selection of invitations to choose from, which is one of the things I liked most. We literally customized everything about the invitations. We added our guest addresses to the envelopes to save time and it looks so much more elegant. After we received the envelopes, I noticed two of the names were misspelled on the envelopes (my fault) and Christina reprinted the envelopes with the correct information, for no additional charge! The only small complaint I have is the price of the labor. I felt it was very high considering we still had to stuff everything ourselves. Overall though, they were fantastic and easy to work with, and the end product is GORGEOUS. We have gotten so many compliments on them.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Our invitations turned out beautiful, all of our guests were impressed and complimented us on our invitations!! Christina was very helpful and answered all of our questions and offered many suggestions and different options. I am very pleased with how the invitations turned out, almost obsessed with them lol. Again, Paper Rock Scissors did an awesome job!!

Profile Picture Arae, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I went with a different company to print my invitations in the Chestnut Hill Area, BIG mistake! The invitations from a place other than Paper Rock Scissors took more than one month to print despite assurances otherwise. A wedding planner and my friend recommended Paper Rock Scissors for printing, calligraphy, mailing, etc. When I called, the services was AMAZING! Christina from Paper Rock Scissors handled EVERYTHING from organizing our names, stuffing, postage, calligraphy and mailing. Despite the worry about timeliness, Paper Rock Scissors SAVED the day! My invitations were mailed within a respectable time! I will only use PAPER ROCK SCISSORS for all printing needs. I have 3 more daughters and I KNOW that PAPER ROCK SCISSORS will be with us for each of their weddings!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I can't thank Christina enough for creating such stunning one-of-a-kind invitations. She worked with me on my budget and truly listened to what I wanted and needed. Her ideas in terms of paper, layout, etc. were on point. I felt confident approving the invites via email since the composite she sent was so detailed. My nautical inspired invites blew everyone away. My only issue was that they were so heavy- they were $2.48 each to mail! I wish there had been a chart showing which sizes will cost how much. I'm glad I had a professional do them since some of my favorite pictures from our wedding day are the ones the photographer used the invites in. I can't think of anyone in the Philadelphia area who is as talented, knowledgeable and professional as Christina is. Not only is she a true artist in her field- she's also sweet and funny!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/12/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina was an absolute pleasure to work with. The quality of the invitations was amazing! Her calligraphy looks like it is printed... nobody could believe that she did it by hand. If you are looking for great quality and the flexibility to not have to pick a stock designed invitation out of a book, then you should definitely use Paper Rock Scissors for your invitations.

Profile Picture User1101251, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

As soon as Christina and Kristen sent my invitations out, I got numerous emails and texts from people saying how beautiful they were. Christina and Kristen listened to my wants and needs and the end result was an invitation that was exactly my style. I cannot say enough good things about this vendor. Thank you again, ladies, I love them!

Profile Picture Francesca, 4/26/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

The best decision I made during my wedding planning! My invitations, programs, and seating chart were absolutely beautiful and I received tons of compliments on all of them!! Christina was amazing to work with. Very professional, helpful, and knowledgable. I told her what I wanted and her recommendations were perfect!

Profile Picture Courtney, 1/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina was absolutely amazing to work with when creating the look for my wedding invitations. She really listened to all of the characteristics that I used to describe my wedding and provided amazing samples for me to choose from. One of the most helpful things I think she did for me was that she had invitations that other brides who had gotten married at my venue had used in the past. She was extremely helpful in getting me to narrow down what I was truly looking for and I ended up with something more beautiful than I could have imagined. The quality of the invitations is absolutely incredible. They are classy, sophisticated, and everything I was looking for! Plus the turnaround time for printing was so quick - I do not have to send them until October and I received them in the first week of September. I would recommend Christina to any bride in a heart beat.

Profile Picture Jenn, 12/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

WOW! Christina is a genius. I had the best time working with Christina to design all of our wedding stationary. She came up with the most beautiful, unique design for our romantic winter wedding at the Franklin Institute. We had initially wanted to do just the invitations but when we saw the amazing work she did for us on our invitations, we expanded to doing everything- from napkins, towels, menus, escort cards, table signs, even tote bags for our guests! She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect, and she even delivered my invitations to me by hand in NYC!!!! I can't recommend Christina enough.

Profile Picture User4074743, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Loved my invites....thanks so much

Profile Picture User3690202, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina is the most talented person ever! From my invitations to my cocktail napkins she is truly gifted! Her work is one of a kind! She was vey quick with her responses. She made sure that everything was perfect. She was awesome to work with and she really helped me through every step of the my planning process. She knows so many people in the business that if you need anything she can definitely guide you in the right direction!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/25/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

The staff at Paper Rick Scissors were great. They spent lots of time helping me select a design and were great to correspond with over email. I had a short timeline and they were able to work with a letter press vendor to produce really unique and beautiful invitations and thank you cards at a reasonable price. They also worked well with the person I had doing my custom illustrations on file transfer etc. The invitations were one of my favorite aesthetic parts of my wedding.

Profile Picture Janell, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Absolutely gorgeous invitations!! Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Christina and her work is great! She definitely delivered a product that I was very happy with and is so easy-going. One of my favorite vendors to work with!

Profile Picture User3388988, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Our wedding invitations were gorgeous. The ribbon was my favorite part! The place cards were absolutely perfect. The starfish went so well with our theme. Christina, thank you so much for your attention to detail. You're wonderful!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/22/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina and her team at Paper Rock Scissors did an amazing job creating and printing our wedding programs, menus and place cards. We met at a bridal show, I gave her a call the following week (she even remembered who I was, despite there being hundreds of people there) and she was SO great and easy to work with. I needed them done quickly, as I was running out of time and she responded to my questions and requests right away and made me feel at ease through the entire process. My programs, menus and place cards were beautifully done, exactly on time. We had so many compliments during our wedding on how beautiful everything was. It was a pleasure working with Christina and they are very reasonable for the wonderful job they do!! I would recommend any bride to work with Paper Rock Scissors.

Profile Picture Lauern, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Most gorgeous invitations ever ...
Christina was great to work with! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/8/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Christina did a fabulous job with our save the dates, invitations, programs and seating chart. Beautiful and quality work. Can't say enough and recommend her highly!!

Profile Picture User3264167, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
2.9

We loved our end product but the overall experience working with Christina was tough. She was hard to get in touch with but once you finally did it was fine. She is really nice and does a good job, but her communication was non existent and things were always down the last second. (I am not a late person, so this drove me nuts). At times it made me wonder about us actually recieving our stuff in time, but we did and again the end product was good.

Profile Picture User2320673, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I knew I was going to use Christina for my invitations from our very first meeting. She was extremely easy to talk to and had many great ideas. I felt like I was working with a friend who's enthusiasm showed me that she wanted our wedding invitations to be just spectacular! She was able to take my vision (of a Winter Wonderland wedding with a blue and white damask theme) and bring it to life by creating a cohesive look and theme that included: invitations, table cards, place cards, bar signs, trolley signs, welcome gift bags and wedding programs-all of which just were beyond stunning!
Most of my wedding replies came back with notes on them saying "beautiful invitations!" The guests loved the overall look that was carried throughout the wedding. The wedding programs included a Who's Who of the 12 bridal party members and it looked amazing and people loved it...I am still getting requests for extra copies of these.
Christina also did custom napkins in three colors that included trivia questions about me and my husband and they were also a huge hit at the cocktail hour.
I would highly, highly recommend Christina for invitaitons and everything else she can offer because you willl not be disappointed. She is very creative and does beautiful work...and she is also a fun person to work with!

Profile Picture Bernadette, 2/22/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)