Pan-A-Cea Steel Drum & Calypso Band Reviews

12 Reviews for Pan-A-Cea Steel Drum & Calypso Band

12 Pan-A-Cea Steel Drum & Calypso Band Reviews
  • Coral

Coral · Married on 06/14/2014

We worked with Wendy and she was AMAZING!!
    She showed up and even worked with my PAIN IN THE ASS Venue that gave her nothing but a hard time!! My Husbands family is from the Islands and they LOVED it! It really made them feel at home! It was beautiful to walk down the aisle to and for cocktail hour!
    I would love to get them again for another party when I can actually enjoy the music more!
    They were great!!

• W

Willam · Married on 01/04/2014

I used this group for a wedding party we had over ‘the holidays’ and boy am I happy with their performance. Southern California this year has been a bit odd with the weather and that coupled with the music allowed us to venture into the Caribbean nights.

Our gathering of about 80 people was also blown away by the vibe this group produced. Bravo- High Five- Magnificent and all that good stuff.

A lot of cards were passed around and people bonded together, especially when they had us all do this crazy line dance. It was like visiting Club Med in my backyard.

Thanks so much Wendy and Panacea for the great entertainment... it was just Beautiful.

Janice · Married on 08/27/2011

Having them at our Wedding for our Cocktail Hour was the best!!! They set the mood we wanted and all our guests raved about them!! I can't wait to have another party so we can use them again!

Janet · Married on 07/14/2011

We put a lot of thought into every part of this wedding - and were very happy that we chose this band for our cocktails! Can't say enough good things about them - the music was authentic and the music selections were just right. I called a couple of other bands who had told me basically that "their band was the best and that there were no other good players in town..." which put up a red flag immediately!!! This was the right band for us! Extremely happy!!!

Paul · Married on 08/07/2010

These guys are awesome!!!!!!!! They were great! The music is really tight.. the songs they cover sound incredible. We hired two steel drum guys for a beach wedding. They were great before and during the ceremony. Then they played the cocktail hour (I think.. I wasn't really there). But when they really are amazing is when all six of them played the reception!!!!! I love these guys! I would go see any of their public performances... or hire them again without even looking around if I ever need a band. If you like this kinda music or are having any event with an island or beach theme these are your guys right here.

Silvia · Married on 08/07/2010

We hired Pan a Cea to play at our wedding and they were amazing. They played as the guests arrived on the beach. They played during our ceremony. They played during the cocktail hour and then they played a full on six person set during our reception. They sound great! They do amazing cover versions of all kinds of reggae, spanish, calypso, and steel drum music. We could not have been happier with them. My wife had several special request songs and they gracefully agreed to learn the songs. They performed them perfectly. All our guests loved the band and everyone was up and dancing. We would hire them again in an instant if we ever need a band for anything. I love these guys. I would go see them play live at any show.

• O

Oscar · Married on 06/05/2010

We hired a soloist for our wedding ceremony and the trio for the reception. Ours was an intimate wedding with close family and friends. We loved the music! The soloist played some beautiful music before the wedding, the wedding march, recessional and for a few minutes while peopled moved to the reception - it was just perfect! The trio played for cocktails, dinner and then some dancing! I can't say enough good things about this band - so let me just say they were "perfect!"

• O

Oscar · Married on 05/15/2010

Great band - great music, professional and friendly. We would gladly recommend them to anyone! Our guests kept asking where we found them and I'm sure they will have a lot of follow-on business. They provided a steel drum soloist for the wedding ceremony, another soloist for cocktails and a 6-piece band for the reception. We just had the best time and the music was great!

Steve · Married on 10/12/2008

We booked a duo - they covered our pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktails and our entire reception. I was amazed that two people could sound so great and play such a wide variety of music. We were initially concerned about a typically "Caribbean" band being able to play appropriate music for each part of our wedding...boy were we surprised! Everything was just right - they set the right tone, everything from "smooshing" to dancing!!! They were on time (arrived about 1 hour before starting time), friendly, professional, the music was incredible.
    We're recommending them to all of our friends and hope to be able to hire them again in the future.

• F

Frances · Married on 07/14/2007

We were so impressed with this band! They provided music for all parts of our wedding from pre-ceremony, ceremony & post-ceremony, cocktails (steel drum duo) as well as a full band for our reception. They were at the right place at the right time, friendly and professional. The music was fantastic!!! Everything from soft, romantic music to our favorite Jimmy Buffett songs and reggae +++...more than we had thought possible!

Before hiring them, we previewed several other bands. What we noticed was the true "Caribbean" sound - it was not an "Americanized" version...it was just fantastic!!!!

We can't thank them enough - and hope to be able to hire them again for another event.

Jia · event on: 02/12/2012

The band was awesome! All my guests said it was the best party they had ever attended at my place - and that's high praise!

Bill · Married on 11/07/2007

This band is just wonderful! We had them perform our wedding ceremony, cocktails and for our reception. The steel drum duo for the actual ceremony & cocktails was great! We had the five-piece band for our reception - they were fantastic! People are still telling us how much they enjoyed the music!

Everything went very smoothly - from the initial contact to the end of our reception. We never had to worry about anything...what a relief!!! I will be hiring them again in the future and would highly recommend them to anyone!