Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Reviews

41 | Hilton Head Island, SC

41 Reviews for Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

41 Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Reviews

Jessica · Married on 06/22/2018

Courtney and all her staff made my daughter's wedding day on the beach a dream come true!! They were responsive to our are needs from the beginning all the way to the day after the wedding.

Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 1
    Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 2

Scott · Married on 05/18/2018

We were blown away by the amazing service and venue at the Palmetto Dunes Oceanside Resort!! We had an amazing destination beach wedding at the Dunes House with Courtney Daley leading the in-house wedding coordinating. She helped us to plan and realize the perfect wedding that we envisioned from way far away and in less than three months! Ms. Daley is not only extremely professional, dedicated and reliable, but she has a wealth of knowledge about the industry and the area. It’s an added bonus having a real local help you plan your wedding from a far that you can really trust. She provided us with a ton of honest feedback about our vendors, hotels, condos, restaurants, and everything in between which helped us to dial in exactly what we wanted to experience on our wedding day. I do want to make a specific point to highlight the food from the Dunes House. We had multiple people mention to us unsolicited that the filet was one of the best they have had in a very long time. What a compliment coming from a demanding Chicago crowd. Without any hesitation, I highly recommend this venue and the amazing Courtney to you for your wedding!!

Emily · Married on 05/05/2018

The Dunes House at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort was the perfect setting for our wedding. The only thing I had ever thought about for my wedding before getting engaged was that I wanted to be barefoot with my toes in the sand. The Dunes House offered a lovely ceremony right on the beach and then a delightful reception outdoors. Our guests loved being able to hang out on the beach, play in the sand and take a walk on the beach during the reception. The food was absolutely delicious, something I'm not entirely used to at a wedding. We also went with them to cater our dessert table and it turned out perfectly.

Courtney was a treat to work with. She was very responsive and helpful, even helping us find an off-site location for our welcome reception the night before the wedding. I can't praise the staff enough for their helpfulness, professionalism and overall demeanor throughout the process. If you're looking for a beautiful, romantic beach setting for your wedding, I'd definitely recommend The Dunes House.

Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 3
    Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 4

Robin · Married on 04/28/2018

Courtney and Devon were amazing and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Would recommend them to anyone!

Richard · Married on 08/05/2017

The most beautiful setting to have our wedding with a wonderful top notch staff and support team. I would recommend Courtney Daley and her staff to everyone looking to have what everyone would be looking for in a beach setting. I would say she took a lot of the burden form us and made it so much more incredible then I could ever imagine.

Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 5
    Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 6

Joni · Married on 06/24/2017

Planning a destination wedding for my son and daughter-in law could not have been simpler and more fun than working with Courtney Daley at Dunes House! Courtney and staff worked closely with us to see that every detail was perfect!

Jasmine · Married on 06/17/2017

I recently got married at Palmetto Dunes in the month of June 2017. I worked closely with Courtney Daley, who was a patient, efficient, and flexible Catering and Events Manager. She used her expertise to guide me through the entire wedding planning process but was also open to any modifications that I wanted to make. Courtney also was very conscious of my budget. Courtney is the reason why I decided on Palmetto Dunes for my wedding and reception. In the 3 months, that I had to plan our small wedding ( about 60 guests), Courtney and the Palmetto Dunes team made us feel secure every step of the way. Just FYI: Our wedding ceremony was at the Dunes House and the reception at the Centre Court Pavillion: it was exquisite.

Lizzy · Married on 05/13/2017

I couldn't be happier with my wedding at Palmetto Dunes. We had originally booked the Dunes House for the ceremony and reception but due to rain had to switch the Center Court at the last minute. The rain was touch and go all day and our coordinator Courtney was wonderful with communicating our options and ensuring us that everything would be perfect either way we went. The set up at center court was beautiful! I gave Courtney a lot of decor and she and the staff laid everything out to perfection! The food was delicious- all of our guests raved about it! We had a very long engagement and Courtney was responsive and helpful through every step of the process. I had such a wonderful experience and would recommend Palmetto Dunes to everyone looking for a beautiful place to have a wedding!

Bridget · Married on 05/12/2017

This place was amazing and accomedating in every way possible. We had filet and lobster for dinner which was plated beautifully and the wedding coordinating and venue was gorgeous. Courtney Daley, the wedding coordinator goes above and beyond to make your day a day to remember.

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/06/2017

The Dunes House at Palmetto Dunes was the most perfect wedding venue for our early May wedding. Courtney Daley was a fabulous wedding planner who made sure every detail was taken care of. I was always able to get in touch with her same day for questions. I really appreciate everything she did for us day of and day before. She was there to help us thru who would walk down the isle when and took away all the questions and nervousness. I would highly recommend the Dunes House for your event. It's well worth the money!!!

Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort 7

Patrick · Married on 04/22/2017

My wife and I can't say enough positive comments about the Palmetto Dunes resort, the staff, and especially our planner Courtney Daley. We were married on the beach at the Dunes House in late April 2017 and couldn't have asked for a more perfect occasion. The Dunes House location is absolutely beautiful; ceremony in the sand, dinner and party time on the deck. Courtney was a pleasure to work with, no matter how many questions or concerns we had, Courtney handled everything in a professional manner. Courtney was on top of all aspects of the planning phase thru the wedding and ceremony. Our meal was excellent. Our guests have had nothing but positive things to say about the entire day. We are 100% positive we made the right choice with Palmetto Dunes as the location for our event - thank you Courtney and Palmetto Dunes!

Kyle · Married on 04/08/2017

We had our wedding and reception at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and are so happy that we did! Planning with Courtney was a breeze from the beginning, she was always very responsive to our questions and good at asking us the right questions as well, so it was never overwhelming as we got things ready piece by piece. The venue itself is beautiful, we were married on the beach and had our reception on the Dunes House deck. Then when it got a little chilly that night, the venue was very accomodating about moving the party inside. Everyone has been raving about how good the food as well. I was particularly impressed as I have celiacs and am gluten free and the chef went the extra mile to make a gluten free fried chicken, and it was delicious! Can not say enough good things about the Dunes House, I grew up going to Palmetto Dunes on vacation and it was really a dream come true.

Kim · Married on 04/02/2017

As the mother of the groom for a destination wedding, I would HIGHLY recommend Courtney Daley and her staff at Palmetto Dunes! We were able to easily plan the entire wedding from Ohio because of Courtney and Lindsay. They were always prompt and professional in their replies. They were always able to answer questions and to make suggestions regarding vendors. The venue itself was absolutely beautiful as the happy couple was married on the beach and the food for the reception was delicious. Courtney and her crew handled all of the details and made it so that the bride and groom (and the rest of us!) could enjoy the big day.

Megan · Married on 10/09/2015

We had our destination wedding at The Dunes House in Palmetto Dunes in October. I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect day. I know almost everyone says that about their wedding day, but it truly was a perfect day. We owe a lot of that to the staff at Palmetto Dunes. Lou Anne and Kaitlin are definitely the people you want to help you plan your wedding. They are so responsive, helpful and willing to do anything you need. We originally met with Lou Anne and then Kaitlin joined later in the planning process. We were able to meet with Lou Anne in person twice before coming down for the wedding. She scheduled a private food tasting for us. We chose to have the southern barbecue buffet and it was amazing. The chef knows what hes doing. And his barbecue sauce is fantastic. The food the day of the wedding did not disappoint. All of our guests enjoyed it. The week before the wedding, Kaitlin was so helpful. Even though we came from out of town, we still brought a lot of decorations. We were able to drop them off earlier in the week so we didn't have to worry about it. At the rehearsal, we showed them how we wanted to decorations. I was not too particular about how they were set up and gave Kaitlin the go ahead to use her imagination. They used all of my decorations and then some. They were so creative with some of the extra stuff we had brought. At the end of the night, the packed up all the decor and allowed us to come back the next day to get it all. Kaitlin and Lou Anne also contact all your vendors - flowers, dessert, etc. - to set up delivery times to ensure everything is where it needs to be. And the venue! Great price for the location and what is offered. We knew the beach was where we wanted to get married and The Dunes House offers such an intimate setting with the ocean in the backdrop. It was truly a perfect location for a smaller wedding. My husband and I love HHI and especially Palmetto Dunes.

Aubrey · Married on 09/26/2015

I am having my wedding here on 9/26 and LouAnne has been amazing throughout the entire process. The entire event staff has been so accommodating and friendly. It's exceptional service and the price point was definitely within my budget. They also have great event spaces as well.

Tammy · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I had our first vacation together on Hilton Head Island and stayed in Palmetto Dunes. We loved it so much that our venue choice was very easy when we got engaged several years later. Because we had an intimate wedding (about 35 guests), we opted to have the reception at a private home but with in-house catering by Palmetto Dunes. Our ceremony was on the beach in front of the Dunes House. We planned our wedding from NYC, and Lou Anne and Kaitlin were incredibly helpful every step of the way. Lou Anne gave tips for selecting a menu with lots of variety despite our smaller sized group, Kaitlin suggested the best spots to set up tables and unobtrusive prep areas for the staff, and they helped with a dry run the night before the wedding. Then, when our ceremony was postponed by rain, Lou Anne and Kaitlin were immediately ready to go with plan B, but helped us stay positive while waiting for the rain to stop, and got the chairs ready to go right when it did. They also helped rearrange the set up back at the house so that hors d'oeuvres and drinks were out as soon as possible. In short, they had a great attitude and were 100% prepared to handle anything the day threw at them. Also, the food was fantastic, and all of our guests raved about it (especially the jambalaya). Between the location, service, and the food, we are so thankful that we chose PD and highly recommend it!

Laura · Married on 07/13/2015

We had our wedding on the beach and the reception on the deck of The Dunes House. It was the most perfect day of our lives! We left all of our decorations with Lou Anne the day before, and she set everything up the day of, so we didn't have to worry about anything. When I got to The Dunes House for our wedding, everything was set up beautifully, just as I envisioned. The staff also collected our belongings after the wedding for us to pick up the next day. The food was beyond amazing, everybody raved about it, and the staff were great. Lou Anne was great to work with throughout the entire process and made our wedding run smoothly! We enjoyed every second of it!

Tamara · Married on 06/13/2015

Lou Anne Takach is amazing. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding. She set up everything and made sure it was amazing and didn't have me do anything on the day of. She took care of everything.

As far as the ceremony and reception go, everything was perfect and amazing and everything I could have dreamed of and more. The staff was amazing. We had a toes-in-sand beach wedding with the reception on the deck at The Dunes House. Everything was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the deck was decorated perfectly, everything was set up beautifully. Hands down the most amazing day of my life. All of the staff at Palmetto Dunes, especially Lou Anne, made sure that it would be.

I love everybody there. You will NOT be disappointed.

My wedding day was...everything. Absolutely everything. Thank you Palmetto Dunes.

Tamara · Married on 06/13/2015

I love everybody there. You will NOT be disappointed.

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2015

We had our wedding at the Dunes House of Palmetto Dunes. The Dunes House has a large deck right on the ocean, were we had our ceremony and reception. First of all, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Perfect place for a wedding, and I don't think I could have envisioned a more perfect venue for my beach wedding. I worked with Lou Anne, who was absolutely fabulous. She was sure to make sure every little thing was covered, and I felt so comfortable leaving my decorations and visions in her hands. Definitely recommend getting the light package, have the lights strung over the deck was stunning at night, and made for some great pictures!

Palmetto Dunes Staff were great! They were accommodating and very helpful. The food was great. They were attentive and quick at returning emails and answering questions. Would recommend!

Having our wedding at The Dunes House in the Palmetto Dunes resort was the best and easiest decision we ever made. Everything for our day was beyond perfect and I cannot thank Kim of the Dunes House and Carrie from catering enough! I worked with Carrie for a year to make our day a reality and she was always friendly, professional and responsive! She truly made the planning process so easy! She truly went beyond my expectations, even coordinating a ceremony that was outside of Palmetto Dunes. Kim and her staff at the Dunes House did a fantastic job, the food was incredible and the drinks fabulous! The team at Palmetto Dunes did such a beautiful job with the decorations and were able to understand my vision! I cannot thank Kim and Carrie enough for everything that they did! Thank you Kim and Carrie!

Our wedding week and ceremony ended up being PERFECT, even though we had a few hiccups along the way. A few months after we booked our wedding ceremony and reception at Palmetto Dunes, we received a phone call saying that they had somehow overbooked our wedding day and we would not be able to have our ceremony or reception at the location we requested. Carrie, the wedding planner, did anything and everything to make our special day happen on the day we had already set. She ended up upgrading our wedding to a more secluded beach, which they provided a shuttle to transport all of our guests to and from the ceremony. Since the reception area was booked as well, she also made accommodations so we would still be able to have a reception in Palmetto Dunes.
    Overall our experience at Palmetto Dunes was a very positive one! At any point through the wedding planning if we had a question or concern we would email or call, and within hours we would have a response. This was really helpful because trying to plan a wedding in a different state can seem to be a little overwhelming. I strongly recommend having your wedding at Palmetto Dunes Resort.

Allison · Married on 05/21/2011

We had the most amazing day on our wedding day at Palmetto Dunes. We picked Palmetto Dunes because we wanted a beautiful, relaxed setting for our wedding day, where our family and friends could enjoy themselves for a few days and celebrate with us. Basically a destination wedding, but state-side.

We picked right. Literally there was nothing that went wrong on our entire day (besides one of the groomsmen realizing he left his suit at home!). Most of our guests arrived Thursday or Friday. Palmetto Dunes helped us to organize a group golf outing, so 16 of us played Friday morning on the Hills course. They set up longest drive and closest to the pin, which was great to have and we had so much fun. That night we had a welcome cocktail reception with beer, wine, and light snacks (cheese and meet platters and a few passed hors d'oeuvres) at the Jones Pool, all provided by the Palmetto Dunes team. It was a perfect way to start the weekend and get to greet all of our guests that traveled down for it (most from CT, NY, DC). Honestly, I can't say enough about it - doing that welcome reception allowed us to have the most relaxed wedding day because we already had greeted everyone, so we didn't have to deal with all of the formalities on the actual wedding day.

The wedding day went off without a hitch. Our wedding was at the Dunes House. Pictures at the Hills course and off the main drive in those beautiful trees along the lagoon. We had the ceremony and reception on the deck at the Dunes House so that it was a little more private, and then went down on the beach later on for some more pictures. After the ceremony, we had a cocktail hour for an hour and didn't even notice the PD team pulling the tables out to their spots. removing chairs, and setting up for the reception. Then we sat down for dinner. The food was fantastic, and we had high standards for food - that was a big deal for us. They had just gotten a new chef before our wedding so we were nervous but had no reason to be. Our menu didn't change, and it was executed perfectly. We got a ton of compliments on the food (we did a buffet dinner). Decorations were so easy because the view of the beach here is amazing. I did floor length navy blue table clothes, and our centerpieces were rustic lanterns, surrounded by mason jars filled with flowers that I put together with my bridesmaids and my mom on Thursday before the wedding (ordered through the flower exchange - so easy). That was my favorite part - I really did not want to get overwhelmed and stressed out with a lot of the little details that I watched my friends do, so this was the perfect place because it really doesn't need much.

The entire thing was just amazing. Our families and friends were so impressed with everything. The service was spectacular, from the wedding planning help from Nicole and her team, to the golf team, to the guy that helped us dig through the dumpster at 7am on Sunday morning because I forgot to take my Nana's vintage pin off of my bouquet before I threw it out (yes that really happened, and the nicest guy ever helped us dig through bags and bags of trash). The hospitality of Palmetto Duines is the best I've ever experienced, and is what will make us go back again and again (we already rented a house for Christmas this year). One of the best parts was that our guests LOVED the mini-vacation that they got. There is something for everyone to do, and I know some of them are planning return trips already. We literally enjoyed every second of our wedding weekend, it was absolutely perfect and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful place to get married with no stress. And for the record I was very conscious of cost, I don't believe in spending your entire life savings on a wedding, and they worked with me on everything. I felt it was a very reasonable price for the quality of wedding we had, everything was top notch.

Couple other notes:
    - Signes is THE place to get your cake. Don't even bother with anywhere else. I cannot wait until our anniversary to eat the top layer :) It was gorgeous and delicious. She listened to what I wanted and delivered. A friend that got married a month after us modeled her cake after ours because she loved it.
    - Hair Designers was a fantastic place for updos for my bridal party. They were so accommodating, let us order lunch ahead of time and bring champagne, and every girl's hair looked amazing (that does not always happen!)
    - Got my bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets and ceremony flower setup from Flowers by Sue, and was not that impressed. I had heard great things about her, but I did not want to pay a lot of money for something I was going to throw out. In the end I didn't really like my bouquet. I'm sure if I was willing to pay more I would have been happier, but I wasn't. I just think its a waste personally and was an easy place for me to cut back.
    - Joey from Jay Maxwell Music by Request was AWESOME. Jazz duo from Charleston Jazz was also great.