Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reviews

186 | Pensacola, FL

186 Reviews for Palafox Wharf Waterfront

Daelynn · Married on 08/17/2013

The wharf was the perfect place to have my reception for my wedding. I loved having the option to go inside and outside. It's absolutely beautiful there. Sandy and her staff keep it so clean and beautiful. Sandy through my whole wedding process was beyond helpful! She was quick to answer any question I had, and always had a solution. I highly recommend the wharf for a wedding and reception.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Morgan · Married on 07/27/2013

Our wedding was perfect. Not only was the venue gorgeous but Sandy was incredibly helpful. We felt completely at ease knowing she was part of our wedding team. The venue offers ambiance that can’t be beat, and all of our guests were very impressed. Even if you had no additional decorations your wedding would be beautiful. We used many of the vendors Sandy recommended, and things flowed smoothly because everyone knew the site. We can’t write a high enough recommendation for this venue and Sandy. 10 stars.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Brooke · Married on 07/21/2013

The Palafox Wharf is an amazing place to have your wedding reception!!! I love how our guests could enjoy a drink in the bar area, relax on the back patio, or dance away the night on the dance floor! Sandy, is so helpful and kind you will not be disappointed!!

-Brooke Farinelli

Sent on 10/05/2013

June · Married on 07/20/2013

The Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reception Venue is absolutely the best place in Niorthwest Florida to have a reception! Everything was perfect. Sandy is the best! The waterfront view and boat dock in the back was the perfect send off when the couple left by boat! The photos are amazing since there are so many beautiful details at the Wharf, the staircase, antique bar, skylight, etc. I could go on and on. It is the only place to consider for your reception.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Carolyn · Married on 04/28/2013

We recently got married at the Palafox Wharf and it was our absolute dream wedding. I always wanted to get married outside and the Wharf offers their lawn for your ceremony that overlooks the beautiful water which was filled with amazing boats that looked perfect in our wedding photos. We had our cocktail hour on the deck which had plenty of space for all our guest. A huge compliment we got was the ease of one perfect location. The guests seemed to truly enjoy the outdoor environment which pleased us because that's exactly what we were going for. Sandy and Peter gave us a list of local vendors who were reasonably priced so that was a huge help. Overall we enjoyed our experience with Palafox Wharf and would most certainly recommend the venue to our friends and other future brides.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Katie · Married on 04/07/2013

Hi Sandy,

Kevin and I wanted to let you know how satisfied we are with the Palafox!!! :) Everything was perfect and we are so happy we made the decision to have our wedding there, it is such a gorgeous place!

We have gotten so many comments of the "Beautiful Venue" and wanted to share that with you.

Also we want to thank you for being so kind and helpful. :)

We are looking forward to share our photos with you when we receive them!! :)

Thank you!!
    Katie & Kevin Johnson

Sent on 04/28/2013

Kelsey · Married on 04/06/2013

Palafox Wharf was the perfect choice for my wedding ceremony and reception! Sandy was wonderful to work with and the vendors that she referred were wonderful! All of my guests complimented the ceremony on the lawn and the building for the reception. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 04/12/2013

Teri · Married on 03/30/2013

My daughter's wedding venue was as perfect as possible. Sandy did a fantastic job keeping us organized and provdided a first class list of reputable vendors for the event. We could not have picked a more perfect location. The indoor/outdoor venue makes for a very lovely setting and campatible for everyone. Thank you Sandy for an aswesome celebration!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jaime · Married on 03/30/2013

Sandy and the Palafox Wharf are just wonderful! The venue was absolutely beautiful for my March wedding ceremony and reception. The venue was incredibly clean and everything Sandy provided was in excellent shape. Sandy made the planning process so easy with her quick response to emails and helpful suggestions, great reputation, and relationship with many vendors in the Pensacola area. Our day could not have been any more perfect because we chose the Palafox Wharf as our venue. The venue is simply beautiful and didn't need much decoration to fit any bride's vision, especially mine! The first words out of my mouth when someone asks me where to get married in Pensacola will be the Palafox Wharf!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2013

We had an amazing time at our wedding, and it was so helpful that Palafox Wharf has so many resources in-house such as lighting, chairs, tables and lanterns, and contacts for vendors you might need. The natural character of the venue added to the atmosphere of our wedding. Awesome venue!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Palafox Wharf was a beautiful and excellent place, if not a historic one, to get married at. Everything was great, Sandy was a pleasure and delight to work with. Whenever I had a question, she answered my email within 12 hours, sometimes I would get an answer back at 11 o'clock at night which was a blessing and would set my mind at ease about my question. I strongly recommend using the dance floor lights and lanterns as they add to the elegance of the place. The lights help bring out the beauty of the wood and adds to fun time that is sure to be endured there!!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Rose · Married on 03/02/2013

We LOVED Palafox Wharf! The venue is so beautiful and Sandy is such a huge help with ideas when you're planning. She is always available to answer questions, vendor ideas or just to give feedback. The deck was so beautiful to take pictures on and getting married on the lawn at sunset was perfect.

Sent on 03/14/2013

As the mother of the bride, I want to thank you so very much! My daughter and new son-in-law's wedding reception was absolutely beautiful and everything we'd hoped it would be. Palafox Wharf was the perfect setting with a lovely warm mood even on a chilly January day! I was delighted to share this time with friends and family and so pleased that we were able to welcome them and enjoy our celebration in such delightful surroundings. Definitely the perfect ending to a perfect day!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Kathleen · Married on 01/05/2013

We had such an amazing experience having our wedding reception at Palafox Wharf Waterfront!! From the moment we set foot on the grounds my husband and I were instantly obsessed with the venue! We loved the atmosphere, especially the fact that it is such a beautiful venue even when not "decorated" for an event! We knew we would rather spend a little more money on a lovely venue rather than spending more money on decorations -- plus with Palafox Wharf the cost of tables and chairs is included.

Sandy was fabulous to work with, very professional, and though she does have some regulations regarding certain vendors she I did not have any conflicts with that and Sandy was very willing to work with us and answer any and all questions we had! She was great with offering suggestions and providing advice on what types of set ups, decor, etc worked the best in the venue previously.

Our reception turned our wonderfully and we were absolutely satisfied with our experience with Palafox Wharf Waterfront -- our guests had plenty of places to park nearby, the bathrooms were amazing (really!), there was more than enough space for our approx 90 guests, and with our 3 pm reception start time in January we enjoyed watching the atmosphere seamlessly transition from the afternoon to evening as still be equally as charming of a space, just to name a few details.

We would certainly recommend Palafox Wharf and Sandy to anyone!!

~Kathleen & Matt

Sent on 06/12/2013
  • Kirra

Kirra · Married on 12/01/2012

Sandy was so helpful and really interested in every detail! She had great recommendations and helped to guide us in the right direction. All of that on top of the beautiful venue was more than we could have asked for!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Maria · Married on 11/03/2012

We recently held our daughter's wedding and reception at the Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reception Venue and the experience was fabulous! Our daughter Maria wanted her special day to be held at a venue that had charm and was not your "cookie cutter" type of venue. We found that at the Palafox. From the minute we walked in the door, saw the building and surroundings and began talking to Sandy we knew that it was perfect for us. From the beautiful waterfront views, the deck, the lawn and the old world charming building it was just beautiful. There are so many wonderful features for pictures and fun and we utilized them all for our big event and the venue easily accomodated our 175 guests without feeling crowded. Sandy McDavid was so helpful and attentive and she worked very professionally and collaboratively with our planner, photographer and the rest of our team. We feel we made a new friend and she will forever be one of many great memories of Maria and Travis's wedding day. If you are looking for a beautiful, historical and charming venue for your event the Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reception Venue is the place. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2012

Palafox Wharf is a beautiful place to hold a wedding and reception. The Sunset overlooking the water was just gorgeous. Everything was set up and arranged as we wanted and Sandy was very helpful with the layout, planning, etc. We had our wedding out on the deck and the reception inside. The deck lights and the inside cafe' lights were really pretty. Sandy let us come to the venue several times trying out color swatches to see what would look on the tables with the rich dark background of the wooden walls. She was very accomodating and helpful.

Sent on 10/11/2012

I cannot speak more highly of Sandy and the Palafox Wharf. Everything was absolutely perfect for our wedding day. Sandy was so accommodating and helpful during the entire process. Especially when we had to change the original date we booked for the wedding to avoid a festival happening downtown. The venue is a great spot for both ceremony and reception. It has the beauty of the outdoors and being on the water as well as an old world elegance inside with it's exposed brick and wood.

Sandy, thanks again for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2012

This event venue is awesome. Sandy is just awesome. She was very responsive, and treated me like gold. She accommodated my very busy schedule, as I was an out of town bride. She was more than helpful with recommendations. She allowed me to see the venue multiple times. On the eve of my wedding I saw the decorations going up in the venue, and at that moment I know I had picked the right place for my wedding. The weather was beautiful, the reception was beautiful. We sailed away in a sailboat... not many people can find a venue where you can do that at. This venue provides chairs and tables with the set up, and break down inclusive in the rental price. Just those chivari chairs alone are majorly expensive. This venue accommodated my 100 guests with ease, and did I mention the bathroom facilities are really nice. This place is timeless, Old whirl style with a side of class! Thanks Palafox Wharf!

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/02/2012

Makes me wonder what we might have done with out the wonderful support of Sandy. The range of information and ideas offered, and supported was truly mind blowing. They made planning and conducting a wedding (a task that seemed daunting to say the least) manageable. The provided list of potential vendors was priceless, as was the information shared of 100's of other events planned by the venue. It does so help to see what others have done. I sinceerely shudder to think what we might have done without these wonderful people. I look at them as angels sent specificly for us straight from heaven. Walking my daughter down the isle has been something I have looked forward towards sharing since I first held her in my arms. The overall experience was as good or better than anything I dreamed of. Can any father ask for more?

God Bless them all,
    The Father of the Bride

Sent on 09/25/2012

Elan · Married on 09/01/2012

Palafox Wharf Waterfront is a beautiful gem in downtown Pensacola. I first fell in love with this venue online while trying to find a location for our wedding reception. When I got the chance to see Palafox in person, I was in love all over again, it was romantic, intimate, and overall wonderful. Our wedding reception was held here and it was amazing. Mrs. Sandy was so helpful and flexible. We ended up needing to change our date and she allowed us to do so with no problem. Mrs. Sandy always kept in contact and kept us informed through about updated vendors. I have already recommended this place to someone who will be having their reception their next year. Thank you Palafox and Mrs. Sandy for everything!!!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Shannon · Married on 08/11/2012

Sandy was VERY helpful helping us find vendors for every aspect of our wedding! All of our guests loved the venue and could not stop commenting on how beautiful it was!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Judy · Married on 08/11/2012

We cannot say enough good things about the Palafox Wharf venue, with special thanks to Sandy. The wedding was planned from Texas by email. If we had to do this wedding over, we would not change anything. Sandy gave us the best advice on getting everything done with all the right people. This was truly a beautiful and special day for our granddaughter.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Sue · Married on 07/07/2012

Palafox Wharf was the perfect setting for my daughters wedding and reception. Such a beautiful place with so much character. We could not have asked for anything more for such a special day. Sandy was absolutely wonderful in making sure everything was just right for Sara and Eric's day. Her expertise was greatly appreciated, especially the parasols for the guests during the outside ceremony! They not only provided enough shade for guests, but were awesome in the pictures as well :-) The outside deck is such a nice extra touch and enjoyed by the guests. To top off the evening we had a birds eye view of the fireworks from the Wahoo's game on the deck. I can't think of anything we would have done differently thanks to Sandy and her all of her help in setting up. Her recommended vendors were the Best of the Best also. Thanks Again Sandy..... Sue

Sent on 08/17/2012

tanya · Married on 06/30/2012

This was an amazing place to get married. The fireworks at the end of the night was perfectly done.

Sent on 01/13/2013