Palafox Wharf Waterfront Reviews

Palafox Wharf Waterfront 6
Palafox Wharf Waterfront 7

M Flavin · Married on 10/27/2018

Rehearsal dinner

Pensacola was a destination wedding, and Sandy made it work for us! She is so efficient and professional and helped us every step of the way even though we were 700 miles away. We had 140 guests and everyone of them was very complimentary about The Wharf. It was an amazing night!

Mf Mf · Married on 10/26/2018

Oct 26, 2018 Rehersal Dinner

Perfect venue for wedding rehersal dinner or wedding. Had 140 people with a buffet dinner and open bar. Only change which was completely our mistake was only having one side of the buffet acessible, SHOULD have the food line on BOTH sides of the buffet tables, might have sped up getting everyone fed.
    Besides our mistake, the venue was awesome and the caterer and bar service Sandy recommended was outstanding. We are from Cincinnati so we had no idea who to contact and Sandy helped with all that.
    Can't say enough good things about this venue.

Michelle Moody · Married on 10/13/2018

Palafox Wharf is a dream venue!

I fell in love with Palafox Wharf as a venue long before my husband and I were even engaged. It is a beautiful, historic building, right on the water in downtown Pensacola. Since we had a larger wedding guest list, we also utilized the green space next door where we set up an open air tent with string lights. Simply put, it was stunning. Additionally, Sandy, the owner of Palafox Wharf and our day-of wedding coordinator, is wonderful! She was incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and the day of went off without a hitch. Our guests were truly wowed by the location, the view, and the staff, and have repeatedly told us how lovely the venue was. We had perfect weather, the perfect planning team, and the perfect venue. We highly recommend using Palafox Wharf for any special occasion!

Shana · Married on 11/11/2017

Nick and I wanted to express our gratitude for allowing us to get married at your beautiful venue this weekend. It was the most perfect day I ever could have dreamed of and there is nothing I would have changed. Our family and friends had the best time and kept raving about how beautiful the venue was. Wishing you and your family many blessings!

Palafox Wharf Waterfront 11

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Sandy and Dawn, my Coordinator, were such a pleasure to work with! I love seeing all the other wedding pics on Facebook from the Wharf. The best venue ever! Thank you so much for all of your help assisting in making my wedding a memorable one! I thoroughly had the best time! It exceeded my expectations, even including “Nate.” I couldn’t imagine the reception being anywhere else besides the wharf. It was so beautiful!!

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

DAWN is and was AMAZING!!!!!! She was so very helpful. I know you guys are probably used to and prefer professional decorating, and directors – but everyone was so gracious to let us fumble through. Dawn was right there the whole way. She even helped me clean up the rose petals on the lawn. I will never ever be able to express my deep gratitude to you and your entire staff for everything.

The wedding and reception were spectacular.

Kathy · Married on 07/01/2017

This is a beautiful location inside and out! Sandy, the owner, is so very friendly, helpful, and on it! She expertly guided us through the whole process. Dawn, the D.O.C., was absolutely wonderful to work with and did a great job! We were so happy with everything and our daughter and new son-in-law loved everything too!

Hannah · Married on 06/22/2017

The Palafox Wharf is one of the most beautiful venues in Pensacola. I had just moved here, so I didn't really know any vendors in the area. Sandy was such great help with sending me emails for everything I would need to book for the wedding and recommending some great vendors. I hired Melinda for my day of coordination and she made the day go so smooth. She made sure I had everything I needed before the day of, set up all my decorations (which looked fabulous), and made sure the day of everything went right on time. I would highly recommend these two and the beautiful venue. It has a nice rustic charm inside, which made you feel like you barely had to decorate, which in my case is what I wanted. Also being on the water made it perfect for a beautiful outside ceremony.

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2017

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! The beauty of this place makes decorating so much easier! The view from the deck is stunning itself! Sandy responds very quickly, is accommodating, and helpful! Her calm personality helped keep wedding stress down. If I could give Palafox Wharf a higher rating I would!

Neely · Married on 06/03/2017

I absolutely LOVED having my wedding ceremony and reception at this venue for many reasons. Sandy made it so easy for us to plan everything, especially selecting our vendors (which were amazing)! She always quickly responded to any questions I had, whether it be by e-mail or phone. The location was perfect being downtown, with a beautiful lawn and view of the water. We really enjoyed the entire night without any stress, and I know our guests did too! The best part was leaving on a boat as fireworks were going off!

Keirston · Married on 06/02/2017

My experience with the Palafox Wharf was unbelievable. Sandy was great to work with through the whole process and Melinda was the perfect day of coordinator!

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

My wedding here was nothing short of amazing! The staff is wonderful and really cares about you and your bid day! I would never send people anywhere else when looking for a venue. Love the wharf!!

Chantel · Married on 12/02/2016

Sandy and the entire staff were extremely helpful and the wedding day was amazing. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in holding an event. We can't thank them enough for everything!

Sandy was absolutely fabulous at always making herself available to meet or discuss wedding details. As a destination bride I could not have asked for better communication! I also worked with Melinda for my reception planning. She is amazing! She too was always available to provide assistance and advice. Everything I wanted for decor she made sure was in place. I was blown away when my husband and I walked into our reception! She even assisted the morning of, leading up to the ceremony, helping in any way we needed. She made sure we stuck to our schedule in a calm manner, which for a bride is necessary! I highly recommend Palafox Wharf. They truly make your day feel special and important. It is a beautiful venue with responsible staff that are helpful and all around excited to be a part of your wedding. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to Palafox Wharf!

Caleigh · Married on 11/19/2016

Sandy was amazing to work with and helped us out so much with flexibility and suggestions and ideas for the wedding and was always responsive when we had questions or concerns!

Alli · Married on 10/29/2016

If you are ready to take your chance on the weather and have a beautiful outdoor reception, I highly recommend Palafox Wharf. We had great weather and an open air tent on the lawn with about 250 guests. The sun was setting behind us and the scenery was stunning. This is a venue where you basically bring everything in. They do have some tables/chairs/lights available, but it allows you to be creative and make it yours regarding food/decor/beverages. Being able to use the lawn and the outdoor deck truly made our reception exactly how we wanted. We used PS Weddings for planning/coordinating in Pensacola, FL, Richey's East for the bar, Fiore for flowers, Nancy's for catering, Wedding Walls for tent decor and Gulf Coast Tents for our tent frame.

Jessica · Married on 10/23/2016

An absolutely stunning location for our wedding reception! We fell in love with the venue as soon as we saw it and when we found out we could have a boat exit we were sold! Sandy was wonderful in helping with all the details such as table layout, decoration ideas, and overall flow of the ceremony. It was a perfect day and we got so many compliments on the location.

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

We used Palafox Wharf as the venue of our wedding on October 9th. We wanted a nice outdoor space for our ceremony, but a unique indoor space for our reception. Palafox Wharf has a beautiful lawn with a gorgeous view of the marina next door. The lawn was the perfect location for our ceremony.

Palafox Wharf was originally a shipping warehouse and contains all of the original wood, including huge masts and a large, beautiful bar. It was the perfect space for our 115-person reception.

Sandy was a pleasure to work with. She has a few rules on types of decor due to the historic nature of the venue, but she worked with us to meet every request we had. We recommend Palafox Wharf as a beautiful space for any wedding or special event.

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

We had a fabulous experience with Sandy and the Palafox Wharf team. From beginning to end Sandy was responsive and very helpful finding other vendors. I planned everything out of town and she made it seamless. There was a last minute issue with my linen order (due to hurricane Matthew) and I didn't even know about it. It was just handled and everything looked beautiful. I would recommend her and her venue all day long. The location is also a selling point. It's right in downtown Pensacola as well as waterfront. We were able to do a fun boat send off that was unique to anything I'd ever seen at a wedding. Bottom line: use Palafox Wharf, you won't be disappointed.

Kimberly · Married on 09/11/2016

We live out of state and was trying to plan a wedding from out of state. Sandy was very patient in working with us with completing deadlines for our wedding.

Make a decision if you want an outdoor wedding with a waterfront in the background or just an indoor wedding. Our wedding was on the patio and the reception was inside the venue. The background of the patio with the waterfront and boats and the inside of the venue was gorgeous. The pictures via phone turned out beautiful. We are just waiting on the pictures from our wedding photographer.

Thanks Sandy for your help and advice.
    Jerry and Kim

Shayna · Married on 07/16/2016

Every inch of the Palafox Wharf was beautiful. We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding. Sandy was very professional and on top of everything. I loved it!

My fiance and I started a year ago prior to our wedding date to meet with Sandy about the venue. The very first and last thing she do is welcome you with a warm hug . She is very sweet and very understanding person. when we meet with her concerning the wedding by phone, email ,or text. She always gave good advice and help you anyway she can.I will advise anyone to try her. I promise you want be disappointed. We love her....

Mark · Married on 06/18/2016

Everything went great! Sandy was great!

• O

Olivia · Married on 05/28/2016

I don't even know where to begin when talking about Palafox Wharf! When I began planning my wedding reception I had one "requirement:" I wanted it to be on the water. Palafox Wharf exceeded all of my expectations. This venue is so charming that it requires little decor, while still offering plenty of room for a bride to personalize it to fit her style. In addition to the beautiful photo opportunities on the lawn and deck overlooking the water as the sun sets, the Blue Wahoos stadium had fireworks the night of my wedding! These fireworks are perfectly visible from the venue and many of my guests thought that we had paid to have a private fireworks show, so cool!

Sandy was so accommodating and easy to work with, and she made sure I had everything I needed. At our meeting a few months before the wedding I was anxious about not having my linens rented, and she took care of connecting me with the right people in a flash. That's just one example of her expertise and wonderful suggestions she made throughout my wedding planning process. I've been to a number of event venues in Pensacola, and this one is truly my favorite. If I had to choose over again I would choose the Palafox Wharf every time.

The only thing I was concerned about is whether or not I would have enough room for my guests. I did end up placing three tables on the dance floor that were moved after dinner, but I'm glad I didn't end up seating any of my guests outside. I mentioned to a few of my friends the concern about it being too small for my number (about 140) and they told me they thought it was perfect because it made people get to know each other better. We did tent the back deck just in case of rain, and that provided our guests plenty of room to mingle. It ended up being the perfect size for my wedding reception!