Owl's Eye Studios Reviews

153 | Highland, NY

153 Reviews for Owl's Eye Studios

Lindsay · Married on 07/04/2014

Just got our sneak peak and I'm in love with every picture. Owl's Eye Studio does amazing work. If your looking for a photographer don't look any further. Josh and Trish work amazingly together and make every minute relaxing and fun! The morning of my wedding the best man/ father of the grooms tie was missing, Josh took the tie off HIS neck to give him!!! I WILL recommend them to everyone in the future.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Stefanie · Married on 06/27/2014

I wish I could give Owl’s Eye Studios more than five stars but they won’t let me… I am so happy that I choose them for my wedding photographer! Josh and Trish were so wonderful and easy to work with. They were professional, easy to communicate with and were always quick to respond to me. Trish gave us some great ideas and really worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted. Josh and Trish are both very relaxed and easy going. They were great at making me feel comfortable and at ease. They were there to capture every moment, but were able to remain in the background and were very unobtrusive. My guests even commented on how great it was to not have cameras in their face throughout the night. And the pictures?? They are absolutely amazing! There are so many that I love that I don’t know how I am going to narrow them down… Josh and Trish did such a beautiful job of capturing the emotions of the day, from being able to see how happy we are to how much fun our guests had. I would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone looking for a photographer. They are wonderful!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Megan · Married on 06/07/2014

I love these guys! Once we met with Josh I knew that he would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. Our personalities clicked and we both felt extremely comfortable with him (which is very important!!) He and his crew (including their new videographer team) went above and beyond to get amazing pictures and were extremely creative in utilizing the different landscape of our venue. If anyone if interested in using them for their wedding check out their website and facebook page, the beautiful product they deliver speaks for itself...and the fact that they turn out such high quality material at a very reasonable rate is just the icing on the cake! Thank you Owl's Eye Studio!!--Megan & Joe

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 04/27/2014

After we had a disastrous communication problem with the first photographer we hired, we panicked. I had asked our DJ if he could recommend anyone and he told us about Josh and Trish at Owl's Eye Studios. We arranged a meeting and we were put to ease, I knew they were the one. If you have not heard of these two and their studio here is a synopsis: Professional, Laid Back, Easy to work with, Honest AND FUN. If you prefer a more rigid photographer who only does group shots and typical wedding shots, stop reading. If you want AMAZING photos and a reliable photographer who can laugh and grab your vibe and have a good time while getting every shot you want plus some, keep reading.
    We just received our wedding photos this week, and there honestly is not one out of the 860 that we do not love. We never imagined having so many fantastic photos, and having to decide which ones to create our book with has been our biggest challenge. They captured every moment of our wedding and even moments I do not remember having but brought that extremely fast day back to my memory and tears flew.
    Josh and Trish are more than photographers they are friends. Friends who capture every moment of your life that you did not realize were there. There are not enough Thank you's to extend to you both.
    Theresa and Zachary

Sent on 07/21/2014

Caitlin · Married on 04/05/2014

Amazing does not even start to describe the experience with Josh. We had a destination wedding with a trash the dress shoot in Aruba and bringing him as our photographer was the best decision ever. He was professional and completely willing to get every shot we wanted. The communication was fast and extremely interactive. You can tell in one conversation the passion for photography and excitement to shoot your wedding. Getting Josh to fly to Aruba was a breeze. He was flexible with his flight time and hotel stay. When he arrived we had constant communication and there was zero stress. Showing up to the hotel room for the getting ready photos he was on time and didn't leave us until the night was through. He was also right on time to meet for the trash the dress shoot. The sneak peak photos are stunning. The trash the dress shots look like they should be in a magazine. He wasn't scared to get down and dirty for the TTD-even venturing into a cave for some!! We can't thank Owls Eye Studio and Josh enough for capturing the most important day of our life and then one of the most fun!!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Owl's Eyes photographers Josh and Tricia are wonderful to work with for a number of reasons. They are so friendly fun and professional. The quality of work is amazing and they have a great eye for creative and romantic shots. Choosing them was the best decision I made while planning the wedding. Highly recommend!

Jacqueline · Married on 03/22/2014

Great vendor! Josh & Trish made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. They were punctual, professional, & flexible. They were open to our ideas and took tons of pictures. They were also extremely quick in getting us the CDs with high quality images following the wedding

Amy · Married on 11/22/2013

We used Owl's Eye Studios Photography for our wedding November '13. We loved working with Josh and Trish. They are amazing people! It was easy and effortless to contact them from start to finish. Not only that, but they made us both feel so comfortable and relaxed on our wedding day. We did our photos down by the Hudson River and they even gave me a ride down there so no one had to fit me in their car with my big dress! Our wedding photos came our beautifully. I really can't say enough about their services. We both highly recommend them.

Rebecca · Married on 10/11/2013

Josh and Tricia Strong were my husband, Phil, and my wedding photographers. We had first met them at my sister's wedding (they were her photographers). We immediately hit it off with the two of them! After meeting to casually speak about packages and offers, my husband and I felt very relaxed and knew we were in good hands. Josh and Trish are very down to earth people who understand a budget (which is difficult to find these days when planning a wedding). I never felt pressured or insecure when working professionally with the two of them. They made themselves available upon any request. They even threw in their photo booth at no cost to us because they knew how much we wanted it at our wedding, but had unfortunately run out of money. I couldn't thank them enough!
    Our wedding day was perfect! Josh and Trish took AMAZING photos! I have recommended them to at least five other couples, who have all booked them!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2013

My husband and I are so glad that Josh and Tricia were our wedding photographers. They were very professional and made taking wedding pictures a lot of fun! Throughout the wedding planning process, they responded promptly to emails and worked with us to coordinate the photo schedule for the wedding day. They had great ideas for locations where we could get beautiful pictures with gorgeous fall scenery for our fall-themed wedding. When our wedding venue couldn't accommodate some of the pictures we wanted to take, Josh and Tricia knew a nearby park that was the perfect setting our photos. Also we felt really comfortable working with them so the poses came very naturally. Throughout the ceremony and reception, Josh and Tricia were taking photos at opportune moments without anyone even noticing their presence. Also, they somehow managed to get my gigantic family together for a family picture, which other photographers have had a great deal of difficulty doing. We could not be happier with our choice of wedding photographers and would recommend Owl's Eye Studios to anyone who is getting married in the area.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Steve · Married on 08/24/2013

Everyone said "Enjoy your wedding day because it's over in the blink of an eye!" They were so right! Thanks to Josh and Trish, my wife and I will be able to relive our wedding day over and over for years to come! Their professionalism and talents exceeded our expectations tremendously! They moved swift and steadily throughout the day to capture every aspect of our special day. From the second we met with them we were comfortable knowing our experience with them would be flawless. Josh and Trish offer exceptional service at a more than fair price. They were very respectful to us, our guests, and each other, and I believe that is a huge part of their success. If we wanted a particular photo they made sure it happened. They even suggested photos for us based on our personalities that we didn't even think of. It was a pleasure working with them and look forward to doing so again in the future!!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Nikki · Married on 08/24/2013

Josh and Trish are AMAZING! I used Josh and Trish after seeing two of my friends wedding photos.. My friends loved Josh and Trish right from the beginning & had nothing but pleasant things to say about them.. Right then I knew we had to use them too! The two of them are very professional, helpful, sociable, and caring. My girls couldn't figure out how to bustle my dress, and Trish immediately jumped right in and said she could do it for me & not to worry!! They moved everywhere throughout the day to make sure they captured every moment. I had a list of photos that I wanted to get taken... And they made sure that we captured them.. Our family and friends STILL cannot stop talking about how comfortable they were around the photographers. Josh was great to plan with.... My husband loves water, and I like antique/older (vintage) looking photos.. Josh suggested two photo shooting areas that we could use so that my husband and I could both get photos that we both wish to have... to last a lifetime! While taking the photos (some positions my husband and I were unsure of), and Josh and Trish helped us ( and were very patient)... My husband even lifted me! Thanks Josh and Trish you guys are GREAT & so much fun! xox

Sent on 09/08/2013
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/10/2013

Trish and Josh were absolutely amazing! They made us feel comfortable and ourselves. They really have a knack for reading the bride and groom. They were efficient and quick about getting formal pictures so our families could rejoin the cocktail hour. They were practically invisible during the ceremony and reception. Trish was in the suite with me and my girls and she was consistently a reassuring voice to me. They are both professional, talented, and friendly. Their prices are also extremely reasonable, which to me reflects their down to earth personalities. I'd choose them again in a second. Best decision I made.

Sent on 08/12/2013

Caryn · Married on 07/13/2013

I knew I wanted Owl's Eye Studios as my photographer just from looking at their site. I loved how they played around with angles, lighting, and did a mix of candid and journalistic shots. Typically I had face-to-face meetings with each vendor before deciding to sign with them, but after a phone call with Josh I knew I was sold.

Working with Josh during the engagement shoot and wedding was such a breeze. He was so kind, easy-going, and the kind of person you want to hang out with outside of a photo shoot. Everyone got along great with Josh on the day-of, as well as his partner Danielle, and even the groomsmen commented on how "cool" our photographer was. Personality is HUGE with your photographer because you're spending several hours with them between the engagement shoot and wedding day, so you definitely want someone you like as a person and can get along with. We were very lucky in that respect and in that Josh definitely got a sense of our personality and humor.

Josh is an incredibly skilled artist who has that magic "eye" for shots. You'll be walking around to the next photo spot and he'll stop mid-walk, "see" something, take a few shots and come up with something truly beautiful and unique. You can tell he loves what he does and that makes the experience even better as the bride and groom.

He's very professional, always following up to emails and calls, and organized, even keeping me in line during the days before the wedding to ensure we had everything straightened out ahead of time. It was such a relief to know he had our back when we were running around a little crazy right before and during the wedding day!

I wholeheartedly recommend Josh and the whole Owl's Eye Studios team to anyone. He's talented, professional, and an overall wonderful person. You couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Juliet · Married on 07/13/2013

Trish and Wayne were great! They did a great job blending into the background, we didn't even realize they were there most of the time (which was perfect since we were looking for more candid photos). Trish was so prompt with getting our sneak peak on Facebook and the requested Thank You banner photo to us (within in 4 days of the wedding!) so we could get started with our Thank You notes. They took so many fabulous pictures, that it is hard to choose which ones for our wall frames. We are extremely happy with Owl's Eye and would definitely recommend them for any future event you have! :D :D

Sent on 09/26/2013

Dayna · Married on 05/18/2013

Trish and Josh are amazing photographers and wonderful people! Our engagement shoot a year before the wedding was so much fun, and we were so happy to finally have great pictures of ourselves!

The day of the wedding, things went haywire--from unexpected rain to unexpected family delays, we were hit with everything you could imagine. Trish was such a calming force when I was freaking out over everything. She managed to capture beautiful photos while it was raining out and made me feel so comfortable.

We were supposed to do photos before the ceremony, but the rain changed our plans. Trish and Josh worked hard to get as many photos in before the ceremony, and after the ceremony, Trish worked tirelessly to make sure we got a great amount of photos in during calm weather and get us back to the tent for some cocktail hour.

During the ceremony and reception, I had no idea Trish was there. This was a good thing! We were able to spend our night with our friends and family and weren't constantly being pulled for photos.

We also had the photobooth at our wedding, which Josh manned. This was AWESOME! Our guests absolutely loved it, and we loved going through the photos the next morning. So funny and such a great touch!

Owl's Eye value cannot be beat, and they will work with you to create a package that fits your budget and needs. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Owl's Eye and am so glad that they were a part of our day.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Bottom line if you want AMAZING photographs at a FANTASTIC price Owls Eye Studios should be the only company you consider! Both Josh and Tricia are super friendly, easy to communicate with, and packed with tons of great photo ideas. Price wise the packages they provide go above and beyond what other photographers in the area offer. All of our photos came out absolutely beautiful not like other photographers in the area who look like they edit their photos in Instagram or don't edit them at all. My wife and I recommend Owls Eye Studios to everyone we meet. For stunning photos at reasonable prices and wonderful photographers you shouldn't be looking anywhere but Owls Eye Studios.

Sent on 12/07/2013

Chrissy · Married on 05/11/2013

One of the best decisions my husband and I made was having Josh & Trish photograph our wedding! Our biggest fear was having a photographer that was going to try to stage or pose us during moments that should be spontaneous and making us uncomfortable on our special day. I cannot explain how easy it was working with Josh & Trish - they made us completely comfortable and many times during the day we and our guests forgot they were there and they were able to capture those beautiful candid moments that a more pushy or aggressive photographer would have missed. Our photos came out amazing and they accommodated all the requests we made of them, from taking our formal pictures before the ceremony to giving us a 'first look' moment that made the day even more special. You will not regret choosing Owl's Eye for your wedding! Thanks Josh & Trish for being a part of our day!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Just one word...AMAZING! Josh and his team are absolutely the best choice to photograph your special day. He was so much fun to work with, makes the whole day easy going and comfortable. Even if you don't know what to do or where to stand, or how to pose, they politely give you the guidance to capture amazing pictures. We had our engagement session with Josh and those pictures came out beautiful, and he just shot our wedding on May 4th. We have only seen the sneak peek of our pictures and so far they are gorgeous. He was even great with my 2 year old daughter, was very patient and kind to her. My whole bridal party loved him and Renee. He even went beyond our contract and shot some video for us at no extra charge! The price is un beatable and the quality is worth ten times the amount! So glad we chose owl's eye studios. We are definately going to use their sister company Little Hoots as well when we have more children. Can't wait for our pictures and album!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Moira · Married on 04/27/2013

Josh and Trish were absolutely wonderful to work with. They are incredibly professional and talented photographers. We had so much fun with them and they made making taking pictures a blast. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Josh and Trish were so much fun to work with! They have great ideas and took tons of pictures! They were on time and were ready to rock and roll as soon as they got there.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2012

Owls Eyes Studios did a beautiful job with my photos! My husband & I absolutely love them!!!! The service was very professional and most of all they captured all those wonderful moments without you even knowing they were there! We are extremely happy with the outcome!!! Thank you! I would definitely recommend Owls Eyes Studios to anyone I know that needs a photographer.

Sent on 04/05/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/23/2012

By stroke of pure luck, we stumbled upon Owl's Eye Studios via google search. Since we had set our wedding date for the day after Thanksgiving, we were so worried Josh wouldn't want to be our photographer. Plus, we contacted him around 2 months before our wedding so we were also worried that we weren't booking in advance enough. Through email communications, Josh was so easy going about everything that it immediately put our minds at ease. He was okay with us having a small wedding party and only needing about 3 hours of photography time (another photographer was not and was offended by our request)

Josh is also a GREAT photographer to work with. Neither my husband nor I are good at posing in front of the camera and we get nervous quite easily. Fear not! Josh made the entire process painless and we actually ended up having a lot of fun taking the pictures. Further, he showed up to the location well advance of the pre-agreed upon time (which we definitely appreciated) as the wedding location was a little hard to find.

We highly recommend Owl's Eye Studios as your wedding photography studio. I guarantee it'll be one of the best decisions you've made regarding your wedding preparations. If I have any friends who are getting married in the foreseeable future in the Hudson Valley Area, Josh would be the guy I recommend.

p.s. We LOVED the pictures Josh took; in fact everyone that I've shown the pictures to loved them. "Loved how your photographer posed you guys". "wow...some of these shot angles are quite interesting, I've never seen that before".

John and Olivia

Sent on 01/11/2013

Owl's Eye Studios's reply:

You guys were such a blast to work with, it was my pleasure! :)

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2012

AMAZING!!! Love Love LOVED Trish and Josh! They were the right decision, I am so happy we decided to go with them. I would say hiring them as our photographers was one of the best decisions we ever made. They are very professional yet personable. Very down to earth and they know what they are doing. I honestly felt so relieved and at ease with them being behind the camera. So far we have only seen the sneak peeks (which were posted two days later-SUPER FAST!) and i am in love with them. We are dying to see the rest of them. We also did our engagement pics with them beforehand; those came out amazing as well. Just tons of fun, felt like we were just friends hanging out. They are such a cute couple too. I am recommending engagement pics to everyone if you can. Also did i mention their prices are great and their work is SUPERB. Very different style/pictures not your standard boring wedding poses. soo soo soo much fun. We are recommending Josh and Trish to everyone we know!! You will not be sorry if you choose them.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Lindsay · Married on 10/13/2012

Well where do we start? First off, Josh and Tricia (a husband and wife team) who own Owls Eye Studio Photography, by far exceeded our expectations!! They were recommended to us by friends, who were so impressed with their professionalism and creativity. With that in mind, we knew that we were going to have an easy time working with this TALENTED couple. From the time that we met Josh at our first bridal meeting, we knew that he was the one that we wanted to capture every special moment of the most important day of our lives. We were so happy with how Josh and Tricia made us feel "at ease" during our engagement photo session. It was like spending time with some of our very best friends. They just let us be ourselves and photographed the real "US". Everything in between leading up to our wedding day was so easy flowing. Josh was flexible, responded promptly to every email or phone call, but most importantly, they were open to our ideas and wishes. Then there was the wedding day. Although I was a lot calmer on the day of the wedding then I ever thought I would be, from the moment Josh, Tricia and their team walked through our front door, I knew that I was in good hands. Never at any point during the day, did we feel they were breathing down our backs. They blended in so well with the rest of our guests and were not a distraction from the special moments of the day. Everything was natural and flowed perfectly!! If it wasn't for Josh and Tricia, our wedding day wouldn't have been as perfect as it was. They were so incredibly fun to work with and were able to be a truly important part of our dream wedding. We loved our sneak peeks thus far, and cant wait to see the rest of the amazing photos!!! If you are looking for astounding photographers, who will undoubtedly capture the love of your wedding journey, then Josh and Tricia are without question, the ones for the job. Take a look at their photos to see how talented they are!!!!!

XOXO