Owl's Eye Studios Reviews

152 | Highland, NY

152 Reviews for Owl's Eye Studios

Emily Olsen · Getting married on 05/15/2022

Our Dream Engagement Photos

I cannot begin to express what a wonderful experience it was to have our engagement session with Owl’s Eye Studios. From start to finish, the session was fun, comfortable, & effortless. Josh was professional and efficient while simultaneously relaxed and personable—what more could you ask for?! The photos themselves were beyond our wildest expectations. Josh’s eye for lighting is unparalleled and he created exactly the mood & tone in the shots we were looking for; each photo encapsulates a beautiful moment in time. If you’re looking for a photographer that will perfectly capture your huge life events, put your faith in Josh and the team. ❤️

Megan Scanlon · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Amazing photography!

Josh was the most understanding, empathetic and motivated photographer we have ever met! He was so communicative due to the changes of the past year (thanks Covid-19!) and was so flexible with any of the changes we had made! His main focus of the day was my husband and I, which was wonderful. Our portraits are breathtaking. Our action shots are phenomenal. And the shots he got on the dance floor are electric! I can't wait to use Josh in the future as our love story continues. Thank you so much, Josh, for your amazing talent, patience and hard work. We look forward to working with you again! xo, Megan and Jeremy

Kori Sargent-Tompkins · Getting married on 09/16/2021

Incredible..Look no more!

Where to begin? Josh has been such a pleasure to work with since day one. Our special day was postponed to September 2021 due to COVID. We had to move our original wedding date two-times and decided to have a small ceremony with our families and he worked with us every step of the way. We are so pleased with how our images turned out and cannot wait for the big celebration soon to come! (Josh even recorded our small ceremony which was such a surprise!) I would highly recommend having a consultation with Owl’s Eye Studios. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/07/2021
  • Cpalladino

Carly · Getting married on 05/29/2021

Let me just start by saying that we booked Owl's Eye TWO years in advance. If you are planning on having a long engagement, I would book even further out. This crew is unbelievable. My husband and I immediately fell in love with Owl's Eye's work when we saw them do a wedding a few years before ours. Then when we met them for our first meeting...fell in love with them even MORE! They are just the most amazing people with crazy talent. They have all sorts of packages that you can choose from so that you can pick what works best for you. Since we booked them so far in advance, we got to know them a little better and see even more of their work before our BIG day. The Strong's are wonderful people and their crew are just as awesome and all they want for you, is for you to be happy and make sure your day is perfect. They keep in touch all the way through the event and plan ahead on who you definitely want pictures with or how you want certain shots with your Bridal Party/Spouse. They honor whatever request you have and more! We were beyond happy with their crew and all they had to offer...we couldn't have pictured it any other way. Thank you so much, for capturing our day in the most beautiful way.

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Allison

Allison Hughes · Married on 10/23/2020

10/23/20 #ForeveraHughes ❣️

The team at Owl’s Eye are wonderful and they do beautiful work! They were so personable and professional! They worked with us when we had to change our date due to a venue issue and were always very responsive to any questions or concerns we had. Our friends used them for their wedding a few years ago and spoke very highly of them, we are SO happy we decided to go with them too:) Here are just SOME of our favorite photos! 📸😍

Sent on 01/19/2021

Alexi · Married on 10/11/2020

We Love Our Wedding Photos!

Josh and the guys were amazing!!! Super flexible, which was much appreciated planning during a pandemic! We are in love our photos; they perfectly captured our day and we are now able to share them with all our friends and family that were unable to make it day of! Highly recommend!!!

• Marie

Marie Badalucco · Married on 10/01/2020

So happy with our photos!

We originally booked Owl's Eye Studios for our October 2020 wedding. When the pandemic hit, Josh was super communicative about our different options and also gave us time to make an ultimate decision. We didn't feel pressured or rushed which was so great since it was already a stressful time. We ultimately decided to have a micro-wedding in October 2020 and another bigger celebration in 2021 and Josh was so accommodating with this. When he arrived to our venue, we already felt comfortable with him and like we were already friends. We just got our pictures back and they are all absolutely gorgeous - we're so happy with them! And we're so excited to get even more pictures next year!

Sent on 12/10/2020
  • Katie

Katie Ferreira · Married on 02/10/2020

Look no further! Just book them

When I first got engaged, I was told that you'll know who you should book for your photographer when you meet them. I stalked Josh's work and was lucky enough to meet him at a Bridal Expo. From the moment I met him, his energy was unmatched. Josh is a breath of fresh air, excitement, fun, charismatic, and incredibly talented. He was so knowledgable about our venue, great spots for pictures, and was supportive of doing a first look. Josh was on top of all emails, communication, and provided my bridal party with a fool proof timeline. Josh and his team showed up on time, made everyone feel comfortable, and ran like a well-oiled machine. My husband and I had so much fun taking the pictures that it had us even more excited for the actual party. I cannot say enough good things about Owl's Eye. I received my pictures back in a timely manner and I started crying by the 4th picture. Josh truly captured who my husband and I are. I LOVE every. single. picture Josh took and edited. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE trust me and book Owl's Eye for ANY of your photography needs!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!

Sent on 12/14/2020

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2019

Icing on the cake at my wedding.

Tricia and josh were amazing from day one one l. My pictures are beyond unbelievable and the time and effort put in every step of the way was unparalleled. Thank you for capturing the most magical day of our lives.

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Mel

mel f · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing!

From our first meeting with Josh we immediately felt comfortable! The day of the wedding was no different, we had such a blast taking photos and they made it such a relaxing and fun time. We even asked to have our 2 dogs in photos, and Josh was more than accommodating!! We have so many great memories that were captured. They were personable but also focused on getting the best shot (and they captured MANY). I loved the excitement they had while we were taking photos, and we loved having them be a part of our day!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Kelly · Married on 10/11/2019

Can’t wait to use them again!

I don’t know where to start. Josh and Christian were absolutely phenomenal! My now husband and I booked Owls Eye 2 years out and although we were clearly a long way a way and they had many events before ours to focus on Josh always made us feel as though we were still a priority... for 2 full years! Fast forward two years, a week or two before the wedding I had some nerves about vendors as most brides do but Josh was so awesome and understanding of it all and really helped calmed my nerves. Wedding day was my favorite part about working with them! The moment Josh and Christian arrived you felt their energy! They were so fun to work with!!! They would snap a picture and get noticeably excited,high giving each other, which in turn excited my now husband and I making the entire time that could have felt like “just a phot shoot” an experience we will forever remember! They were willing to go with the flow and put up with my wild family and if my relative needed to have this picture they were there more than happy to please them and snap a quick pic. They were all over the dance floor encouraging our guests to show off some fun moves and capturing it all. We did receive some sneak peak photos and I honestly have no words. They are breathtaking! It’s no secret Owls Eye knows what the heck they are doing! I can only hope that I will have the chance to work with them again in the future. Thank you Owls Eye for everything! You helped make our wedding a night we can never forget! Xoxo The Haits 10/11/19

Sent on 10/24/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/12/2019

Masters of their craft

My husband and I cannot say enough about Josh and the Owl’s Eye staff. Throughout our day their experience and creativity really stood out to us. There were in the perfect place at the perfect time all evening, and made sure we got all the pictures we wanted, even some we didn’t know we wanted! If you are going through the confusion that is choosing a wedding photographer, stop searching now. Book Owl’s Eye for professionals who’s product will make you look back on your special night and smile, over and over.

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Dylan

Dylan Malone · Married on 06/28/2019

Fun Experience and Great Photos

First, Josh and his partner did not feel like vendors at our wedding -- they felt like awesome guests who were using very expensive cameras. They were professionals and, at the same time, made us feel incredibly comfortable throughout the whole evening.
    We first had booked Josh for the engagement shoot. This was a great idea for us because we got to know Josh well before the day of the wedding. He is experienced and knows what will look good, so it’s easy to trust him when he’s giving you different poses.
    Our photos came out great as well! John and his partner were very thoughtful when choosing angles so the bright sun at our ceremony didn't impact the quality of our pictures. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice of Owl’s Eye Studio for our wedding and hope you consider booking them for your wedding ☺

Sent on 11/16/2019

Justine · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding of our dreams!

I cannot say enough about Josh and the Owls Eye crew! They captured every moment of our wedding to be cherished forever.

They have this incredible ability to make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera to the point where you don’t even notice they are there. Breathtaking photos are the result. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a friendly and genuine photographer!

Sent on 09/09/2019

jenn · Married on 06/01/2019

Going above and beyond!!

Simply put Josh is amazing!!! He went above and beyond for my husband and I! Not only lending his OWN tie because my husband FORGOT his on our wedding day, but also on the quality of product he produced. He gave us multiple videos and even sent some snap shots that we absolutely love! Because of Owl’s Eye even if our own memories fade we will always have timeless video of our favorite day!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2018

LOVE my photos!

Photography for my wedding was the one thing I was very worried about. For me it was one of the most important choices to make as the photographs are something that will always be looked at and document my special day. I took a fairly long time to look over various photographers and their portfolios. I found myself going back to Owl's Eyes Studio's website over and over. My husband's friend had hired them for her wedding and when we asked her she couldn't say enough about Josh and how much she loved her photographs.

We met with Josh and right off the bat we know he was the photographer for us. he has various packages to fit different budgets and we were able to choose exactly what we wanted.

We had such a blast at our engagement photo shoot. We chose to go to a hiking spot that has special meaning to my husband and I and Josh was game to hike with us! The photos came out amazing!!!!

The wedding photos..... I am in LOVE with them! I haven't been able to send in my photos for the album yet because I can't choose which ones I want in there because I want them all in there! Josh was able to capture so many memorable moments, my favorite being my husband's reaction to seeing me as a bride for the first time

I cannot thank Josh enough for capturing moments on one of the most special days of my life. these are photos that I will treasure forever and am beyond grateful for him being our photographer!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/24/2018

Highlight Video Experience

We worked with Josh as our videographer for the day. He was absolutely wonderful to work with start to finish. We were connected on a whim last minute when my husband and I started to regret our decision about declining to have a videographer for our big day (due to $). Josh offered a “highlight video” package that we were able to fit into our budget just right. On the day of the wedding he was super easy going, he quietly bounced around with his video camera and captured so many great shots. After following him on Instagram, we have photo envy and wish we would have looked into having Owls Eye be there for more than just our video. Josh and Owls Eye are wonderful! Highly recommend!!!!!!!
    Our highlight video came out great and really captured the magic of the day within just a few minutes.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Elisabeth · Married on 10/25/2018

Perfect Pictures!

Josh followed the vision we had for our wedding pics and provided exactly what we were looking for. Very talented photographer who is friendly and accommodating!!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 09/30/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

From the moment we sat down with Josh, we knew he would be the perfect choice to capture our wedding day. He was always readily available and responded back to our questions and concerns in a timely manner. He even went out of his way to accommodate our busy schedules by coming to a meeting at our jobs! On the day of our wedding Josh and Christian were nothing but excellent. They made our first look one of the most special moments of our entire day. Having them be a part of our wedding was by far the best decision we made. After our wedding, Owl's Eye Studios posted pictures on instagram and facebook from our day that blew us away. Just those few teasers were so amazing, it made us excited for the rest. They got all of our pictures back to us in a very timely manner, with open communication about when they would be ready, and the moments they captured truly had us reliving our wedding day. Our pictures left us speechless. We can't thank them enough for such amazing photos. We were so lucky to have them capture such intimate moments. I would recommend Owl's Eye Studios in a heartbeat! They truly are the best there is!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Jillian · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing experience from day #1!

From the day we contacted Josh, to the day we received our photos and video, he was absolutely amazing to deal with. Finding a photographer that is flexible, easy to communicate with, and amazing at what they do is hard to find - but the Owl’s Eye team makes it look easy. Josh’s vision and eye for detail goes a long way, and he is always going out of his way to make sure that his clients are happy. I would recommend Owl’s Eye to anyone and everyone looking for an amazing photographer!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Megan Ruggeri · Married on 09/14/2018

Incredible

We can’t stop raving about our incredible wedding pictures from Owl’s Eye Studio. Our pictures left us speechless. Josh is the best to work with. He knew our venue and exactly what we wanted. The day of our wedding ran smoothly with zero stress and the pictures speak for themselves. He captured the perfect moments. They are the best there is ❤️

Sent on 12/29/2018

Megan · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing, talented team!

Josh is the best! He was beyond awesome to work with throughout the entire proceess. He was responsive, thoughtful, creative, and fun! He had unique, fun ideas on the day of our wedding and captured our day perfectly! Our pictures were ready in a timely manner and we couldn’t have been more excited to see them when we received them. He and Christian caputured all of the special moments, including both formal and candid shots. They were an easy-going, fun, professional team to work with and we were lucky to have them with us on our wedding day!! You won’t be sorry with Owls Eye. Their work is beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for anything more!! Thank you, Josh!!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 07/15/2018

So happy we found Josh and the Owls Eye Team!

The Owls Eye Team is the best! The day of our wedding Josh and the boys made everything feel extremely natural and FUN! We used both the photography and videography services and we are so happy we did. Afterwards, they take amazing care editing and making everything perfect so when you see your final album it’s like reliving every amazing moment again. If there is one thing you want to make sure you have the best of on your wedding day it is definitely photography and I’d pick Owls Eye again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Shawn

Shawn Mealey · Married on 07/15/2018

Owls Eye - Grade A quality

Not enough can be said about the level of professionalism and care that Josh and his team had taken when documenting the most important day of our lives. When we first approached Josh, we were in trouble. We had hired a photographer that we hadn't done as much research on, and we started to get cold feet. We talked to Josh and he immediately put our minds at ease, told us what to expect, and showed us samples of his work (which were standing of course). The day off our wedding Josh took charge and captured some really incredible footage both photo and film. He used drones and steady cams though he did so with thought and care. He was able to wrangle both of our families together for photos. His colleagues (looking at you Christian) were just as great as he was. I simply can not recommend Owl's Eye enough!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Alicia · Married on 04/28/2018

A few weeks ago, my husband and I had the most perfect wedding day. We were surrounded by everyone we love and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. Josh and Tricia were the absolute best. They were attentive, fun to work with, and from the few pictures I’ve been able to sneak a peak at, captured the day in the most beautiful pictures. I would recommend them in a second!

Sent on 05/19/2018