Owen Kahn Photography Reviews

23 | Petaluma, CA

23 Reviews for Owen Kahn Photography

23 Owen Kahn Photography Reviews

Ana · Married on 05/26/2018

Owen is a wonderful wedding photographer. His work is professional and attentive to detail. Owen captured so many beautiful moments at our wedding. His attention to lighting is exceptional, and he was able to help us find the perfect locations for all of our portraits. Owen is a joy to work with; he is timely, warm, and adaptable; all fantastic qualities for a multi-generation family celebration. He was very prompt in getting us the photos after our wedding, and did a splendid job in editing down the final set of images to send us.

Leah · Married on 11/11/2017

The first thing that stood out to me about Owen's wedding photos was that he displayed wonderful candid shots. From our first consultation, he was easy going and professional. We booked him long before our wedding and he was sure to check in every so often to see if our needs had changed. Once it got closer, he worked with our wedding coordinator to ensure that all things ran smoothly, especially since I had family that needed to be photographed separately. On the day of, he arrived promptly and was very flexible in getting the photos I wanted, even as I changed my mind while he was there. During the ceremony, both Owen and his assistant were quiet and unobtrusive. After the ceremony, they moved quickly to gather family in the order I had requested so we could take all the needed shots. At the reception, both Owen and his assistant made sure to get photos at every table and we received a wonderful collection of both staged and candid photos. Our wedding was right before the holiday season, so we expected a bit of a delay in receiving the final product, but he sent us all our photos less than one month later and there were none that we were disappointed with. Overall, he was a pleasure to work with, very flexible, and he gave us some wonderful memories to share. I highly recommend Owen, especially if you love candid photos!

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2017

We got married at Oakmont Golf Course in September. They highly recommended Owen and we are so happy we chose him as our photographer. We met with him before the wedding to go over what we wanted. The day of the wedding went smoothly and he captured our wedding beautifully. He is easy to work with and I highly recommend him!

• Carla

Carla · Married on 02/18/2017

My husband and I had a great experience with Owen. He was thoughtful and creative and provided us with a wonderful way to remember our special day. Thanks Owen!

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Owen is very professional and got back to us right away! Booked him for our wedding next year and he has made us feel like everything will go smoothly and orderly. Very happy about the portrait station he offers too! now we won't need a photobooth and we can still have photos of the guests!

Rebecca · Married on 08/05/2016

Owen and Chris did a great job photographing my wedding! Before the big day Owen was easy to communicate with either by email or by phone. On the day of the wedding he was punctual, very polite and easy to work with. He was a preferred vender from our venue Oakmont Golf Club and he knows all the great spots for photos. At sunset he took us out to the bridge for some beautiful pictures.

When booking Owen he also includes a photo station which not many others do. The second photographer was there for most of the night which made it easy for my guests to get their pictures taken.

I'd definitely recommend Owen Kahn Photography!

Shoshana · Married on 04/03/2016

Owen was very kind, understated, and professional. We were impressed by his service and the quality of the shots, as well as by the super-fast turn-around after the wedding! He responded to emails quickly, was clear and thoughtful in his correspondence, and generally gave us exactly what we asked for. We weren't looking for frills, wanting good quality photos of everything to commemorate our day without breaking the bank. Totally recommend him!

Amy · Married on 10/10/2015

Owen did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! We were extremely pleased with our photographs and we will cherish them forever.

Kathi · Married on 09/25/2015

Owen was wonderful! My daughter's photos couldn't have turned out any better! Every shot is a treasure. And the photo booth that was included with our package was so fun! All of our guests loved it.

Owen was amazing. His sales pitch was, having been a news photographer, we'd barely know he was there - and he was right.

He put us immediately at ease, and moved easily through the crowd of guests to capture the moment.

Highly recommended.

Darcie · Married on 03/21/2015

Owen was recommended by our wedding venue. Our wedding was a destination wedding so we relied on recommendations for all vendors. Our wedding photographer did an amazing job. I would highly recommend Owen Kahn! He captured all of the perfect moments and had a keen observation for the style and vibe of our wedding. He was very kind and patient with our very large wedding party. He took the time to interview us and capture all of the combinations of shots that were important to us. He also recommended poses and locations I never would have thought of. From the initial conversation to ordering our favorite pictures Owen was very easy to work with and very professional. I highly recommend Owen Kahn Photography!

Jenna · Married on 10/12/2013

Owen was wonderful! We would definitely recommend him to our friends! Not only was he very flexible and accommodating the day of the wedding, he was incredibly easy to work with. On a day with so many things going on, it is essential to have a photographer that will listen to the needs of the couple and always be one step ahead of you. Owen and his assistant did just that and the pictures turned out amazing! We have many ‘action’ shots of wonderful moments throughout the day – difficult to capture, but so many great memories in each of them!

Christine · Married on 07/19/2013

We loved Owen as our photographer. We found him at the bridal fair and was instantly drawn to his pictures of guests at wedding in the moment of laughing or just mid conversation. He did this for us to, he captured moments that we would not have been able to see on our big day being busy talking with with everyone and enjoying ourselves. We would recommend him as a photographer to anyone getting married in the area. He was very flexible with our engagement pictures and coming to a winery near us that we wanted to take them at. It was really nice that he had a secondary photographer to help gather people and make portraits go quickly and then the secondary photographer set up a photo booth during the reception where our guests could go take funny photos with props provided by Owen. We really enjoyed seeing our proofs and seeing everyone's photo booth pictures. He is very easy going and gives you a CD with all the pictures on it for you to view and to keep along with printed proof books. We could not have been happier with our choice of using Owen as the photographer to capture all the right moments of our big day!

Gretchen · Married on 06/22/2013

Owen photographed our wedding in June, and the pictures turned out beautiful! He was not at all intrusive, but my husband was especially surprised by how well he was able to capture special moments during the reception. I did a lot of research to find a photographer, and his package included all the things we were looking for with the best pricing/value. He even set up a photo stage for our guests to have portraits done which everyone enjoyed. One of the most important things that we really appreciated was his professionalism and flexibility in trying to make sure we got all the pictures we would want, even though we were being pulled every which way by everyone else it seemed like! If he hadn't been so on his game and patient with us we would have regretted not having all the pictures we really wanted of the most important day of our lives! Highly recommend Owen Kahn Photography.

Owen was incredible at our wedding and captured every beautiful moment and memory. Owen and his staff, was very respectful of making sure that he blended into the audience and was not intrusive. I was actually 'surprised' when I viewed the proofs because they included photos which I had not realized he had taken! A true professional start to finish. Owen had photographed my daughter's wedding four years prior so when it was "mom's turn" I did not hesitate in calling Owen. Owen is truly "5-star" in every category and I will be forever grateful and happy that he gave me lasting memories in print.
    Carol Giovanatto

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2012

Owen was great to work with. He scouted our wedding location before the big day, so all the pictures we took went smoothly and turned out awesome. His pricing was the best we found, and we are so glad we went with him. Our pictures turned out better then we had hoped, and are a great memory from such an important day. Thanks Owen!

Devon · Married on 09/22/2012

Owen was a pleasure to work with. Our renewal ceremony was at Safari West so we wanted a few pictures of us with animals in the background. Owen was great about setting up the shots. He was also proactive, in that he took shots that I hadn't thought about having taken. Looking at the proofs was a pleasant surprise because of the unexpected photos. For example, some shots of the food or the wine glasses lined up. These helped show the overall ambiance of the renewal. Owen was also very courteous to our guests when trying to get group photos. We'd definitely use him again.

Jesse · Married on 11/29/2008

Mr. Kahn provided simply beautiful photos of the day of my wedding. His eye for stunning detail showed through all the photos. His professionalism and easy manner allowed group and family shots to be arranged with no fuss, and it was a completely enjoyable experience! To this day, seeing the images that he captured brings tears to my eyes, they are just so moving. He caught the tone of the day perfectly, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. This was the first time I had ever worked with a professional photographer, and he went above and beyond my expectations.

Owen and his assistant took some amazing photographs. Great value having two photographers for the price and one doing photo booth type photography

Kristine · Married on 08/17/2013

Owen took some amazing photographs, and was very easy to work with. He remained very flexible and professional throughout the entire day and even took fantastic photos when the power went out during our wedding dinner! Even though the power was out, you'd never know!

Howard · Married on 09/17/2016

Owen was super friendly and brought a great assistant with him. We were very particular about not having the photographers be obtrusive and wanted them more focused on candids. They were very nice and responsive throughout the contracting phase. It was a new venue for Owen, so he did a site visit early with us and gave us tips on lighting and location since we did an all outdoor wedding. The one small criticism is that he missed a few photos on our family portrait shot list. With that said, I would highly recommend Owen. He offered very good value for his services, catered to our needs, and was just a pleasure to work with on our special day.

Carol · Married on 09/29/2012

Owen was a delight to work with from our first contact through the delivery of our proof book and DVD. We also loved his 2nd photographer, Ira, who manned the photo station during the reception - our friends and family LOVED that experience and we loved the results. Our venue (and family) presented some challenging situations and Owen did his best to overcome them. There were a a couple of shots that we didn't get but overall, the quality and quantity of the pictures are wonderful and we'll treasure them and the experience of working with Owen the rest of our lives.