Ovation Entertainment Reviews

Ovation Entertainment 5
Ovation Entertainment 6
Ovation Entertainment 7

carolyn · Married on 11/06/2011

Hands down the BEST wedding vendor we hired! I did not expect everyone to be leaving talking about the DJ, but honestly, there is not one guest who did not comment on how amazing our DJ was (the moms, grandmas, bridesmaids, even the kids)... Michael appealed to everyone and more.

He is full of energy and keeps the party going the whole night! I had NO idea how important the DJ would be to a wedding and I have to say, they might be THE most important vendor of all, next to the photographer. Without Michael, our wedding would have lacked structure, energy and LOTS of dancing. I think the comment from my bridesmaid sums it up best, "I couldn't stop dancing all night because the music was so good, literally I had to force myself to go to the bathroom and didn't even want to leave to go to the bar!" Now that is saying a lot.

Michael not only was an incredible DJ, but he also acted as a coordinator for us which was huge since we were on a budget and he came through on both ends to help in any way he could, so worth every penny and more! He knew how to destress me, the bride, and how to answer me and my fiance's every question along the way and we had lots of them!

I would recommend Michael over and over to each and every bride, you will be sooooo happy you chose him :)

Sent on 11/20/2011

ashley · Married on 07/30/2011

Michael McNeil is hands down the best DJ. We just recently had him do our wedding and he was so easy to work with, super organized, such a blast to be around and did what we wanted and more! The best part he meets with you several times and gets to realy know you as a couple and what you really are looking to get out of your wedding. He is super creative and professional all around. Our guests are still raving about our DJ..must check out Michael McNeil for your next party!!!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Mallory · Married on 07/22/2011

Five stars are really not enough for Michael McNeil. He MADE our recption!! At the very first meeting with Michael we knew we found the perfect DJ. I didn't hire a wedding coordinator...having Michael, I didn't need one. He did the music for our ceremony and reception. He made a timeline for the entire evening from music for arriving guests to the very last song at the end of the night. He came to our rehearsal and worked with our officiant on the details of the ceremony. He emailed a detailed agenda to all of our wedding vendors. He met with us 4 or 5 times in our year of planning and he was usually the one to initiate the meeting. For everything he does, he really could charge a fortune, but he doesn't. His prices are unbelievable! He truly enjoys what he does and it shows. Our guests are still raving about him! People said that our wedding reception was the most fun that they'd ever had a wedding. Words cannot even describe how thankful I am to him for making our wedding so wonderful. The only thing that I'm upset about is the fact that we no longer get to work with him. If you are looking for a DJ, call Michael...he really is the BEST!! Thanks Michael!!! You are AMAZING!!!

Sent on 08/14/2011

courtney · Married on 03/18/2011

MIKE MCNEIL was our DJ, planner, time keeper, party starter, booty shaking facilitator. HE DOES IT ALL, USE HIM FOR EVERY EVENT YOU CAN. AMAZING!!!

Sent on 04/03/2011
  • Johnnya

Johnnya · Married on 01/16/2011

I don’t even know where to begin. This is going to be long so if you’re not the patient type and don’t feel like reading…in a nutshell Ovation Entertainment is great and definitely the way to go!
    Now for the long story! Michael was beyond AMAZING and I thank God we found him. Out of all of my vendors picking a DJ was the most stressful for me. I’d set up appointments with a few and most of them were flakes or were overcharging for what they offered. Literally less than 2 months away from my wedding we didn’t have anyone booked. I looked at the list of DJ’s that were recommended by our venue and I thought I would check out Ovation’s website. I filled out an interest form and was promptly e-mailed by Michael. He wanted to set up a meeting with my fiancé and I to go over what we wanted and to tell us a little more about his offerings. My now husband and I have very demanding schedules and 2 kids and were just a few weeks away from wedding day so we needed to do it but flexibility was going to be key. Michael agreed to meet us on a SUNDAY less than 2 miles away from our home! Woo Hoo!!
    He was very straight forward from the beginning. He offered a flat rate for service…no tricks…no gimmicks…no nothing. Just straight out pay this and you get this! Love that. He also has a huge library of music and thorough knowledge of each genre. It’s one thing to be able to stock an iTunes library and touch play but it’s quite another to be able to analyze beats per minute…gage flow of songs and read an audience. If you have something special you’d like he can easily get it for you if he doesn’t already have it.
    Michael is much more than a DJ…he is a fantastic MC and overall event planner. He gave us some really great suggestions on how to make our evening flow better. He was extremely detailed…and he honestly cared more about my reception than I did! He took time to really get to know us and get to know the type of guests we would have at the event. He has a great deal of experience and it shows. He set a few additional planning meetings with us and sent us a complete detailed itinerary. We also loved using the online planning form and playlist he offers. He was always punctual to our meetings and stayed in constant communication with us over this super stressful time.
    Our reception turned out like a dream. He kept everything moving on schedule…was very attentive to our needs and the needs of our guests. Communicated with our vendors/performers to help make sure everything was perfect. All night everyone was asking where did we get the DJ?! He even helped us plan a special comical performance that everyone loved. The evening was better than we could have ever imagined. We had a wonderful mellow cocktail hour…fun introductions…emotional speeches/ performances and music…relaxing dinner…then we partied down the rest of the night!! It was AWESOME!!
    Most of all beyond being an amazing professional Michael is just a genuinely really nice and very cool guy. I just wanted to give him a big hug every time we met! He was also very patient with my daughter (who is only 3 and can be a handful but I had to bring her to all the meetings). It was such a pleasure to work with him and we will definitely be hiring him again for special events. If you want a perfect reception/party or any event…with a DJ who cares…the Ovation should be your choice for sure!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Mimi · Married on 10/09/2010

Michael McNeil was our DJ-MC-Party-pumper!!! I echo every previous review on this vendor. I also concur that Michael was the best vendor we had amongst all the others.

Ovation Entertainment came in as a referred vendor by our venue (Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine, CA). We were sold on him immediately...even during the interview process; not only because the price fit our budget but because he was absolutely sincere and geniune, and most importantly, he knew his stuff. Michael shared some important information with us to offer our selected DJ/MC since he has had multiple prior experience with our particular venue. He could've kept this information all to himself, rather he shared it with us to ensure we have a successful event regardless on who we end up hiring. That's not only generous but a very selfless act.

Michael assisted us in designing our itinerary and was very detailed oriented. His process totally helped me figure out how the entire flow should be which also helped me think about and identify other details throughout the day.

Michael made our event such a huge success! We got tons of compliments on the music and how well he motivated the crowd to get down and dance their booties! Needless to say, we had a superb time! Our guests kept saying it's the best wedding they've ever attended and we know that in large part it had to do with the music and the energy that he had help build up for us.

I consider him my fairy godfather who helped make our dream a reality.

Btw, vendors who can't give you a quote upfront are shady. Ovation Entertainment gives you the quote online and his pricing is absolutely fair and very competitive.

Look no further...this is the vendor for you. I promise you!

Sent on 10/27/2010
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/01/2009

WOW! What an amazing DJ! We liked him right from the start and we were never disappointed. He is the nicest person you could ever hope to work with. He responds immediately to emails and phone calls and always answers questions with a smile. If you need a DJ, look no further than him. I am still in awe of the level of service we got from him.

I can't say enough good things about him! Book him!

Sent on 06/24/2009

Katie · Married on 05/09/2009

Michael McNeil at Ovation Entertainment was probably the best vendor I had for my wedding. He was so professional and prepared, and did so much more than I would ever expect from a DJ. He helped us plan out the whole timeline of our reception and made suggestions to make the evening more fun/special. He is such a nice, professional person and my fiance and I felt extremely comfortable with him. On top of all that, he gave us one of the lowest price quotes of all the DJs we spoke with. We couldn't have been happier with him.

Sent on 08/03/2009

Nikki · 0000-00-00

You are seriously a fool if you don't hire Michael McNeil for your wedding! He DJed our NYE wedding and kept the party going all night long. After meeting with him and one other DJ (a large company), we knew nothing could compare to the amazing individualized attention that Michael provides to all of his clients. He met with us at least four or five times to meticulously plan every detail. Michael is a wonderful entertainer, a great person, and worth every penny!

Sent on 02/02/2018