Ovation Entertainment Reviews

Ovation Entertainment 6
Ovation Entertainment 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Maxwell · Married on 07/13/2019

OMG! Michael is the BEST!!!

If you are looking for a DJ, stop your search and hire Michael immediately!!! He is hands down the best DJ I have ever seen. He knows how to get everyone out on the dance floor and is amazing at coordinating your wedding timeline. We have received so many compliments since our wedding and could not be happier!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Kelli Clark · Married on 05/26/2019

Best dj of all time!

MICHAEL IS AWESOME! HE IS SO FLEXIBLE WHEN IT CAME TO MEETINGS LEADING UP TO THE WEDDING, WHICH REALLY HELPS WHEN YOU WORK 8-5 EVERY DAY. HE CREATED THE FULL TIME LINE FOR THE DAY AND CREATED A SEAMLESS WEDDING DAY EXPERIENCE. BUT, THE BEST PART OF ALL WAS THE RECEPTION. MICHAEL NOT ONLY LISTENED TO OUR REQUESTS FOR MUSIC TYPE AND SELECTION, BUT HE KEPT THE MOMENTUM UP WHEN NEEDED. EVERYONE WAS DANCING ALL NIGHT, AND I MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON AND I MEAN ALL NIGHT! HE HAS AWESOME SURPRISES THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT THAT EXCITED EVERYONE, FROM THE LITTLE ONES TO THE ONES WHO YOU WOULD THINK WOULD STAY SEATED ALL NIGHT LONG. HE GOT EVERYONE UP AND MOVING AND CREATED SUCH A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE NOT ONLY FOR US, BUT FOR OUR GUESTS. WE CONTINUE TO HEAR RAVE REVIEWS FROM OUT GUESTS ABOUT MICHAEL AND HOW EXCELLENT HE WAS. HE IS SO PROFESSIONAL AND TAKES GREAT PRIDE IN WHAT HE DOES AND YOU CAN TELL BY EACH MEETING AND THE RESULTS! OUR WEDDING WAS A BLAST AND ONE PEOPLE WILL NOT FORGET, THANKS IN HUGE PART TO MICHAEL!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/19/2019

Outstanding!

Michael is truly talented in what he does. He hands down the best DJ and MC I have ever seen. He was the DJ/MC for our wedding in May at Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine and he made our wedding night perfect. My husband and I couldn't have been happier. Michael loves what he does and it shows in his work. He met with us three times prior to our wedding to plan our music and the flow of the night. Not only did he organize the music, but he created the whole timeline for the day. He broke up the dances and speeches, which really livened up the night for our guests. We didn't have to worry about anything with Michael on our team. He a;so provided amazing up-lighting and glow in the dark glasses and rings for our guests. So many of our guests came up to us and told us how much they loved the glow in the dark items! I highly recommend hiring him as your DJ/MC!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Julie

Julie Pariso · Married on 01/19/2019

Michael is one of my favorite people on the planet! He's also a fantastic DJ!

Michael is one of my favorite people on the planet! He's also a fantastic DJ! I can't say enough about how incredible he is at what he does. I had the privilege of working with Michael when I was a wedding coordinator and he was always by far my favorite vendor to work with. He was always super responsive, professional and truly just a pleasant and kind person to work with. I also always received such positive feedback about him from my clients. I recently got married and when it came time to select a DJ he was the first one I thought of. Let me tell you - he did not disappoint. He blew my husband and my expectations out of the water. From the point of view of a bride working with Michael, he was a huge contributing factor to how perfect our day was. Not only was he organized and detailed, he also made the reception such a blast! I lost count of how many of our wedding guests complimented on how great and fun he was. One of my aunts even said "Your DJ was amazing; I never dance and he got me on the dance floor!" So in sum, choose Michael as your wedding DJ! You will not regret it :)

Sent on 01/30/2019

Nicole and Alex · Married on 09/02/2018

Outstanding wedding DJ

Michael was outstanding from every aspect. From the very start, it was clear that Michael wanted to get to know us and help us create the wedding of your dreams. We met 4-5 times over the course of the 9 months leading up to our wedding where we discussed everything from our families to our vision for our wedding to our tastes in music. He helped us plan out a full timeline for the entire night, and made sure to think of so many details that we would have never even considered by ourselves.

We'd been to another wedding that Michael DJ'ed so we knew what to expect at the event, but Michael still blew us away! He was early to set up, and his choice of music was outstanding for everything from the pre-ceremony background music to the party. Michael worked around the sound restrictions from our venue, and still had the dance floor full all night long. We've gotten so many compliments about how much fun people had and how great Michael was.

Lastly, while I don't remember what our other bids were, it's worth pointing our that the contract/pricing with Michael was so simple and straight-forward. Michael gave us one price and everything was included - no extra charges for travel or mics/equipment or anything else. Taking everything into account, not only was Michael an incredible DJ for our wedding, but he also provided outstanding value. We can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

BEST dj , makes any party fun!

By far the best vendor I choose for my wedding. Michael was so professional , fun and quick to respond. I first saw him at a friends wedding and was so impressed. One of his unique things is that he will throw of glow sticks, party hats, sparkly gloves ect. into the crowd ( if thats your style).

Sent on 12/05/2018

Shannen · Married on 04/21/2018

Michael will make your wedding unforgettable! He worked with us diligently in the months before our wedding to ensure that our evening was everything my husband and I wanted. He was so flexible in meeting us in various locations as we were moving and had so many amazing creative ideas that made the night truly fabulous. He is amazing at what he does and knows how to read the crowd. All of my guests danced the entire night and kept telling me how much fun they had in the weeks to follow. Our wedding was also the first wedding that my husband and I had ever attended, so we had a lot of questions about the flow of the reception, and Michael helped us plan and answered all of our questions to make our planning stress free. I highly recommend him! His lighting was also amazing! It transformed the room and made it even more romantic. The colors changed as different events were happening and it was beautiful. Thank you Michael for helping us have the best night of our lives!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Ovation Entertainment 8
    Ovation Entertainment 9
    Ovation Entertainment 10
    Ovation Entertainment 11

Hannah · Married on 11/18/2017

We received Michael's information from a friend who was adamant about how necessary Ovation Entertainment is to make a wedding unforgettable. We hired him and found out how true that is. Michael met with us three times over the course of our wedding planning to work through our unique timeline. He had a portal for us to list songs, personal information and family dynamics so he could be fully prepared to MC our night. He worked to get to know our music preferences, and what kind of night we wanted to have. When it came to the wedding, he was on time, with an assistant and THREE separate set-ups making the flow of the evening seamless. He was so professional. He had mics for the ceremony and made sure the entire thing was heard. HE BROUGHT PROPS FOR THE RECEPTION. WHAT. They kept the guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. Seriously, I still have people telling me my DJ was ON POINT. People who don't dance were the last ones on the floor. Michael is the perfect mix of party and professional. Through the whole night, there was never a lull. Even down to walk up songs for the wedding party speeches! He cares about the couples he works with and his passion for what he does is evident. Please choose Michael YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Chris · Married on 11/10/2017

From the very first meeting all the way to the end, you were confident and ready to take on one more customer; and that too without a planner. We can't thank you enough.

Even at the last minute when our bubble guns weren't working, you pulled through for us.

Our guests can't stop talking about how great you were. They loved the props and song selection.

You truly are in the right line of work. You know what to play and when to move on to the next.

Our day couldn't have gone any better!

We look forward to referring family and friends your way, and of course us wanting to use you again and again in the future.

Thank you DJ MIKE!,

Sent on 11/27/2017

Deb · Married on 11/05/2017

Even though we had a lot of incredible vendors, Michael went above and beyond every expectation! He was early to every meeting, worked around our schedules, and ultimately brought the party!! He helped us with custome songs and playlists and added so many incredible things to keep the party going all night long! He also worked with singer for perfect timing and pitch. We cannot rave about him enough! Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    Ovation Entertainment 12
    Ovation Entertainment 13
    Ovation Entertainment 14

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

Can't say enough good things about Michael!!!! He was a pleasure to work with and was beyond on top of things!!!! All night all our guests kept saying your DJ is amazing!!! He brought props for people to wear on the dance floor and always kept that party vibe going!!! SUch a genuinely great guy and DJ!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/08/2017

If you are looking for a top notch DJ then you have found the right man. We used Michael as our DJ for our July 2017 wedding. Michael came recommended by a friend of ours that also used him for a wedding. From our first meeting with him I knew that we were lucky to find him. Michael's professionalism, talent and quality of service is over the top! We met with him and he planned exactly what we wanted. From start to finish we knew our wedding day would be absolutely wonderful. He has creative and fun ideas and knows exactly how to get the party started. Our dance party was amazing, guests are still talking about our wonderful DJ and what a blast they had. Michael adds some fun surprises and interacts with the guests. I highly recommend him! Thank you Michael, you are wonderful at what you do!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Erin · Married on 06/03/2017

My brother and sister in law used Michael for their wedding in 2014 and my entire family said we had to have him again because he was so great. I don't know how it's possible but Michael surpassed our expectations and helped us throw a great party by keeping people dancing and keeping us on schedule. He was wonderful to work with coming up with fun ideas that worked for my husband and I. I recommended that my friend use Michael for her wedding a month after ours and she is, so I'm excited to see him again for another great dance party. Thank you thank you thank you Michael for an awesome dance party!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Ovation Entertainment's reply:

Congratulations Erin!! It was my absolute pleasure and such a great honor I feel like part of the family :)) See you again soon!!

Rocky · Married on 11/18/2016

In my years in the wedding industry, it's hard to see someone who cares about the client and their day like Michael. The way he approaches wedding encompasses the whole wedding- from the photographer/videographer, to the venue, to the guests, and especially the wedding couple. There wasn't a missed moment that they guests and vendors didn't know when the couple is doing their thing. Think of a focused laser beam but yet a diffused light bulb; that was the way Michael worked, masterfully.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Alex · Married on 10/21/2016

We love DJ Michael!! He did an amazing job from start to finish with our wedding. He set everything up at Strawberry Farms, including speakers inside and outside for cocktail hour, and his price includes lighting, which he changed through out the evening to fit the mood. Michael was very prompt with emails and met us for all of our meetings on time. He gave us many great suggestions of what to do during the reception, one of which was taking photos with every table! We HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/31/2016

Michael has now helped with three family events, including my own wedding. On a tight timeline, Michael helped above and beyond the call. Not only did he sit down and dive into mine and my husband's music tastes in depth, but he painstakingly developed a fluid schedule for the entire reception. He helped me think of traditions I had never heard of, which made our night all the more special. He invests so much into each of his events, it's hard not to think of him as a family friend once you're through.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Lindsay · Married on 06/11/2016

The.Best.DJ.Ever!! When the majority of your guests are on the dance floor the entire night, you know you chose the right D.J.. When you continue to get compliments on how fun your wedding was, you know you chose the right D.J. My husband and I were beyond pleased with our decision to have Michael D.J. our wedding. His professionalism, personality, and skill surpassed our expectations. He responded to e-mails in a timely manner, met with us on multiple occasions to discuss our wedding, coordinated with our other vendors, and helped us create a flawless timeline for the day of our wedding. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone!! Trust me, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Jenna · Married on 06/04/2016

Michael is hands down the best choice for a DJ/MC. We are so grateful our venue had him as a preferred vendor, and that we were able to secure him for our day. Upon our first conversation with him, we know he was a total professional who absolutely knew what he was talking about, and clearly cares about the couples he works with. From day 1, we were in constant communication, which was great for us since we were planning our wedding from out of state. His online planning tool makes it really easy to choose your must-plays and the songs that coincide with the special moments of the ceremony and reception. He was always open to meet with us in person when we were in town and made the times work with our schedule. He truly wants to know and understand each couple and all the players in the wedding to make it a smoothe day for everyone involved. He built our timeline for us, so we really didn't even have to think about it, but he was receptive to all our tweaks and changes, so we were able to build the perfect day together. On the day of, everything was flawless. Michael played all the right songs when they were meant to be played, and once the dance floor was open, nobody got off of it (including me...which led to a lot of sweat...but I digress). He also threw in a lot of cool props that we didn't know he was going to! Glow sticks and necklaces, light up glasses, etc. Everyone had an absolute blast and it was in large part to Michael. Would 100% recommend him to anyone who asks me! Do yourself a favor and book him ASAP so you don't miss out!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Mario · Married on 05/15/2016

Hands down Michael was the best DJ I've seen at any event in my life! Plan your event around his schedule and you'll never regret you did!
    We booked him for our 5/15/16 wedding and he met with us numerous times during the months prior to our wedding for several hours each in order to piece together every aspect of our ceremony and reception. During the ceremony he was flawless and at the reception he kept the party going and the audience engaged the whole night! From his professionalism to the sound to the lighting he was amazing! All our guests said hands down the best wedding ever and we owe Michael the world for all his time and efforts!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/13/2016

I cannot even express in words how absolutely amazing this DJ is. We booked Michael based on being a preferred vendor at our Wedding Venue, and they definitely know what they're talking about. We weren't aware how instrumental the DJ would be in our wedding. In meeting with Michael, it became obvious that he was going to run the show, and boy was it quite a show! I have received so many complements on how fun our wedding was and what an awesome DJ we had. I didn't have to think about a thing, he led the way the entire night and the dance floor was NEVER empty, which was one of my concerns when selecting a DJ. I told Michael I wanted people to have fun, and he made sure it happened! He was very patient when we couldn't make up our minds about what song for this or that moment, and he had some really suggestions that we used and they were awesome! If you want a great DJ and a wedding/event that you and your guests will remember, this is your guy!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Samantha · Married on 03/26/2016

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have Michael as their wedding DJ!!! Working with Michael McNeil of Ovation Entertainment was an absolute pleasure.

My husband and I got married at Strawberry Farms Golf Club in March 2016. From our first consultation, Michael was attentive, organized, available, friendly, and FUN! Over the course of our FIVE planning meetings, Michael was not only able to create a thorough wedding day timeline and a fun and unique wedding playlist....he also took the time to get to know us as a couple. He personalized our wedding down to every entertainment detail. From our ceremony music to the last dance of the night...he did an amazing job at guiding us in the right direction, but also incorporating songs/themes that we wanted.

Michael is very organized and is a BUILT-IN WEDDING COORDINATOR! He created a very detailed wedding timeline for us, down to the minute. He kept us on schedule on our wedding day which made it so much more enjoyable for us and our guests. Nothing was rushed or had to be left out.

My favorite thing about working with Michael was his expertise. There were a few entertainment details that we were unsure about, but Michael took the time to explain why they are important and why they work. Thank goodness we listened to everything he suggested because HE WAS RIGHT. Our dance floor was full all night long! We even turned to him for advice on photobooths, florist, ceremony processional order, and our cigar bar. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT WEDDINGS!!! All of the advice he gave us was 100% right.

HIRE MICHAEL MCNEIL. He was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

Thank you, Michael!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Tanya · Married on 03/05/2016

We were referred to Michael McNeil by friends and family members that used his services in the past. I had first on experience with him when my cousin had hired him as her DJ for their wedding back in October of 2014. I am not joking when I say, I planned my wedding date around this mans schedule! If I was getting married, I was to have only one DJ, Michael! We had multiple face to face meetings, going over themes, song choices, transitions,our likes, dislikes.... he had put together an itinerary that was so beyond helpful! I must have e-mailed him 100 times throughout the year and half we hired him, and never once did I have to wait more than a couple hours for his response! Michael even met us out at the venue in Palm Springs (TWICE) to get a feel for where he wanted to set up and how long her needed to place certain songs! By the end of the night, he a toy box full of props and goodies for our guests that they still can't stop talking about! The enthusiasm he portrayed for our wedding is what a bride dreams about!

He wasn't just a DJ, he played the role in assisting with the wedding schedule and was very in tune with what my groom and I wanted as well as our family and friends! He truly made our wedding spectacular and I highly, highly recommend his services! Whatever your dream is... I assure you, he will blow you away!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Katie · Married on 08/09/2015

Michael was unbelievable, his attention to detail and ability manage the time allowed for my wife and I to not worry about a thing. He had several meetings with us prior to our wedding day and made it very easy to make our song choices. His equipment is top notch and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about how incredible our DJ was, and we cannot wait to refer him to other weddings/events.

He said it to us when we first booked him, if you don't get the name on the wall when you book a vendor... then you might want to look elsewhere. He was 100 percent right!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2015

Michael was amazing! When we first met with him, we knew we wouldn't work with anyone else. We left that meeting feeling the most organized we had felt since our wedding planning process began. He was so professional and his experience with DJing shone when he went through details with us. He helped with the timeline of the day of, down to the minute (which I loved). And provided priceless recommendations for song choices.
    We brought my dad to the next meeting, and Michael took notes and learned all of the Lebanese songs we wanted played, in what order and when. My dad even provided songs that weren't in the online music library of Michael's, and Michael added them right in to our playlist.
    I know why Michael has 5/5 star reviews. Our wedding was INCREDIBLE because of him! He has two sound systems, so the transition from ceremony to reception was flawless. He worked with the harpist that we had at the ceremony. He could read the room the entire night and knew which songs to play when (which is great for the Lebanese music I wanted played; it was great to have a DJ who knew when to switch back and forth). We had created a playlist online on our own time that he used to make us dance all night. His uplighting was incredible. AND special plus: while out on the FULL dance floor (Michael got everyone dancing so easily), I kept seeing someone walking around with a basket. I brushed it off as an uncle who was carrying a basket for one reason or another; I didn't care, I was having such a great time dancing and celebrating. Then I realized more and more that my friends and family all had little goodies! Michael had been going around, passing out awesome goodies to everyone on the dance floor! Cool sparkle gloves, light up sticks, sun glasses, etc. Everyone loved it!
    Between his professionalism in meetings and as the MC (he is great at name pronunciation), and his ability to get a dance floor full and keep it that way, we hands down recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Bri · Married on 04/10/2015

Michael was our DJ for our April 2015 La Canada Country Club Wedding. From our initial meeting to our final dance he was literally flawless. I don't think couples realize how important a DJ is for your big day! Michael was the captain of our ship! He met with us 5 times before our Wedding to ensure everything was set and made sense! His knowledge and music recommendations were spot on and we truly felt he cared about us and our day going smoothly! I will 100% recommend him to anyone and everyone! He is the BEST in the business! Thank you Michael!!

Sent on 05/27/2015