Our Farm Reviews

29 | Manlius, NY

29 Reviews for Our Farm

Maria Brennan · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Excellent!

Although my fiancé and I did not hire this venue, we still wanted to share our experience with the owners. Just emailing back and forth with Jimmy I could tell how kind and caring these people are. The farm is absolutely beautiful and unique. The only reason we did not go with this venue is because we were planning for an October wedding, but they are open to the public at that time as they operate a pumpkin farm. They are incredibly sweet and I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Ahmeed

Ahmeed Turner · Married on 11/02/2019

Ahmeed and Erika Turner Wedding

GREAT Experience with Our Farm! The barn was stunning and cozy, with all of the charm one could expect. It was rustic with character, like being in grandpa's home, with grandma's warmth. The landscape was breathtaking and Jimmy was the best. He is fair and will do what it takes to make the day special. I will forever remember this day with a smile!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Erika

Erika Lovette · Married on 10/18/2019

Awesome Experience!

We chose Our Farm for its undeniable beauty and picturesque landscape. Jimmy was extremely helpful and thoughtful. He catered to our needs and wants. We would highly recommend this venue for your wedding, reception, or any other special occasion.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Antonia · Married on 09/14/2019

Magical, personal, & affordable venue

My husband Collin and I got married here on September 14th, 2019. We could not have imagined a better experience. Jimmy and Janine, the owners, get to know you as a couple and as people; you don't feel like "just another" couple at a big-business venue; it feels personal and authentic! They allow for the week before for set up, and several days after the wedding for take down. Since you'll have so much on your plate, this was a HUGE benefit! The atmosphere at the venue is breathtaking. There are so many different natural backgrounds for photographs, and the land has so many beautiful flowers and buildings. During cocktail hour, they set up games on the lawn for your wedding guests. They work closely with a wedding planner Beth Fazio, who we HIGHLY recommend. She costs extra, but winds up saving you money, time, and stress in the long run. She's a wonderful person to work with and will help you plan the whole year before your wedding if you'd like, and most importantly, on your wedding day her and her crew help with set up, clean up, and making your day absolutely breathtaking.
    We cannot say enough about Out Farm as a wedding venue, and keep replaying our wedding day in our heads because it was so perfect. Thank you Jimmy, Janine, and Beth for such an experience we will remember for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Collin and Antonia
    We truly loved hosted your wedding and so glad you chose us. You guys are awesome. Don’t forget to bring the kids (when you have them) here for pumpkins!
    Jimmy and Janine

Maggie Surrena · Married on 08/31/2019

Maggie and Dan

We cannot say enough about our experience with The Golub’s and this venue. It was an unforgettable day and people are still talking about it. From the moment you meet Jimmy and Janine they make you feel welcomed. They take an interest in getting to know you as a couple and want to make sure you have a perfect wedding day. They are both so approachable and easy to talk to. It’s not just a wedding venue that you get when you chose to get married at Our Farm. You build a relationship with Jimmy and Janine that makes you feel like family. They truly do everything to make sure it’s the perfect day. They even let my bridal party get ready in their home on our wedding day without any hesitation. It was such a stress relief to be able to have access to the property days before the wedding too, not just on the day of. We could pace ourselves with the set up and think the whole process through. Make sure you hire Beth too to help with the big day. She works so well with Jimmy and Janine and knows the wedding property like the back of her hand. With these three by your side, you’re guaranteed to have the best wedding.
    The wedding guests are still talking about the venue. Everyone loved the farm animals, beautiful flower gardens and of course, Boris. Boris was a huge hit with all of the guests and brought a unique piece of entertainment to our wedding day. If we had to do our wedding all over again, we would do it exactly the same and never think twice about it.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Our Farm's reply:

I feel the same way about both of you. We got to know you better than most any couple that has been married here. We love the both of you and know you were both made for each other. I’m hoping this is just the beginning of a relationship and a bond we will always share. Thank you for your kind words.

Erica · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful people, beautiful venue!

Our wedding was just last week and we are still hearing from guests about how beautiful everything was. We had a truly wonderful experience. The Golubs were so lovely throughout the whole process, allowing us to visit several times and helping us in the days leading up to the wedding. We initially saw the farm during a blizzard, and booked it pretty much on the spot. They were so welcoming and had such beautiful pictures - we were convinced! All of the recommended vendors they mentioned were excellent, and I am so thankful we found the farm for our special day. I would recommend it to anyone!

From my mom:
    Last December we visited Our Farm as a possible venue for my daughter’s wedding in August. From the moment we spoke to Jimmy and Janine we knew this was the perfect spot for us. This was the only venue we visited! Even with the snow covering everything, and the wind blowing you could feel how welcoming and helpful they would be. They had pictures and stories to share, and a suggested vendor list that turned out to be amazing. We went with many of their suggestions, and everyone was wonderful to work with. The Bite Box Food Truck, Intent Events, Sandra Lee Photography, Half Moon Bakery and Celebration Solutions (Beth Fazio) to help us organize everything and keep everything running smoothly the day of the wedding. Janine’s flowers were in full bloom and were absolutely beautiful. Everybody loved the lawn games, the trebuchet, and the hay rides. Having the venue for several days allowed us time to set up and not feel rushed. Beth was a huge help with the set-up and also with our flower arrangements. We would definitely recommend Our Farm, and couldn’t be happier with how perfectly everything went!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Erica and Daine
    Thank you for your kind words. We really enjoyed getting to know you and I think you and Gavin were made for each other. So honored we got to host your wedding. I hope you will visit us some day and visit us. Have a wonderful loving happy long marriage.
    Jimmy and Janine

Cindy Bell Tobey · Married on 08/03/2019

Josiah & Rae

We had our daughter's wedding at Our Farm the beginning of August 2019. It was a beautiful day held at a beautiful venue! My daughter and son-in-law live out of town so I was in charge of planning the wedding. Jimmy and Janine made the process much less stressful. They open up their grounds and home to us days before the wedding and even gave us a few days after to finish cleaning out our things. Their gardens were absolutely beautiful. They were around, helping out days before and on the day of the wedding. We couldn't ask for better hosts for our big day. I would highly recommend Our Farm to future brides and grooms!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Andrea · Married on 04/28/2019

Andrea & Zack 6/22/19

My husband and I knew that Our Farm was where we wanted to have our wedding the moment we stepped onto the property. Outside of the gorgeous gardens, cozy barn and overall scenic property, meeting the kind and genuine owners Jimmy & Janine really sealed the deal! Jimmy answered all of my questions throughout the process, provided recommendations, and worked behind the scenes on the day of the wedding to ensure everything was perfect. I couldn’t give a higher recommendation! We will certainly be back to visit in the fall!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Our Farm's reply:

We felt the same way about both of you and your families. Thank you for putting your trust in us. Have a long and happy marriage

Amber · Married on 09/22/2018

Our Farm is an absolute dream wedding location. The property and barn are the epitome of a charming venue. It was the perfect mix of rustic and elegant. Jimmy goes above and beyond from the first appointment to the big day. He worked so hard to make our dream a reality. Jimmy makes you feel a part of his family and is so easy going and approachable. I couldn’t have dreamed of a better wedding location. It gave us the best of both worlds, enjoying the incredible property and having the shelter of the beautiful barn. I feel so lucky to have found this venue. We made memories to last a lifetime, and much of that we owe to Jimmy and his beautiful farm. If you are considering this venue you would be crazy not to book right away. We love you Jimmy and Jeanine!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Brenda · Married on 09/15/2018

We had our wedding here on September 15th and could not be happier! It was a fairytale in my eyes! Jimmy and Jeanine were so helpful and really wanted to make our day special! I’m so glad we found this place ! All of our guests complemented how beautiful this place was ! Check it out you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

You can not ask for a better venue. Jimmy would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. He works well with Beth Fazio, who again we can not say enough amazing things about. If you want a family friendly, relaxed, rustic wedding where all your guests will be amazed and have a great time, look no further. Beth and Jimmy will walk you step by step to your wedding day and make sure everything is perfect. They understand that this only happens once in a lifetime and it shows.

Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2018

We had an amazing time working with Jimmy and Janine and had the most wonderful wedding at their farm! The day was perfect and Jimmy hustled throughout to make sure everything flowed smoothly. Janine's flowers were in their full glory, the horses and donkey were incredibly friendly, the trebuchet was awesome, and the whole vibe was so romantic. As we visited throughout the year, it felt like there was a new improvement every time. The farm has a lot of fun, rustic props that can be used too. Jimmy helped us move a lot around and make it absolutely perfect. The barn was perfect for dancing and we were able to choose whatever vendors we wanted. We can't recommend the coordinator Beth Fazio enough. She has been helping plan weddings at the farm for a while now and really made the day SO SPECIAL. She is independent but worked well with the Jimmy. 10/10 wish we could live it all over again and again!!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Carley · Married on 08/11/2018

We haven't even had our wedding here yet, but jimmy and Janine are so sweet and accommodating! We cannot wait to say "I do" here!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Liz · Married on 07/21/2018

We loved this venue. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. Jimmy and Janine, who own the property, are more than accommodating. The wedding coordinator Beth Fazio is excellent, the most positive, organized, and energetic person imaginable. Our 80 guests had a wonderful time! Perfect for a relaxed, family-centered event.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Kathryn · Married on 07/14/2018

I will never regret having my wedding at Our Farm. Jimmy and Janine are the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. They truly want you to have an amazing day and will do anything possible to help you best achieve that. We had our ceremony outside and then used the rest of the outdoor space/barn for our reception. The guests raved over the beauty of the venue, the rustic/vintage feel, the games on the lawn, and the appearance of the farm animals! 10/10. I could not be any happier with the results of my wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Andrew · Married on 06/30/2018

Had our wedding at Our Farm a month ago and it was fantastic! Jimmy and Janine have a great venue and were fantastic hosts. They were flexible and worked hard to meet our budget and their vendor recommendations were great fits to the event we were planning. The gardens are beautiful in all our pictures and I don't think there are many other venues that let you launch a watermelon to launch your wedding! We are so happy with our choice and I know anyone who picks Our Farm will be too.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rochella · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Our Farm this past weekend (June 2, 2018). There are so many great things to say about the Golub’s and Our Farm. From the moment we met Jimmy and Janine we knew we would have our wedding there. They are the nicest people, easy to work with, and so laid back. They treat you like family, not like your just another paying customer. Jimmy was always quick to respond to our questions and he was very helpful throughout our planning. The outside grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well maintained – there are so many great places to take pictures! We had our ceremony outside and used haybales with wood boards that Our Farm had on site for seating. Yard games were set up for the guests! We used the barn for dancing! The barn has a wood floor and bathrooms. We loved being able to choose whatever vendors we wanted to use for things such as the music, dessert, catering, etc. Jimmy and Janine were very helpful with recommendations of different places people had used previously. There is also a trebuchet that is used to launch a watermelon or pumpkin (depending on the season) after the ceremony…need I say more?! Our wedding was perfect and we would not change a thing.

Sent on 06/05/2018

James · Married on 08/12/2017

My wife and I loved Our Farm and couldn’t have been more pleased with our wedding. Jimmy and Janine are just wonderful people and a pleasure to talk too. My then fiance and I went to visit the venue and person and had a lovely afternoon conversation with them. Jimmy and Janine had many recommendations and suggestions that were super helpful (and saved us a lot of money!) including things that neither of us would have thought of. Working with them was very enjoyable and much more pleasant of an experience than any of our friends had.

The venue itself is breath takingly beautiful. As beautiful as many of the pictures are on this site the photos just fail to do it justice. The grounds are very well taken care of and it’s obvious that Jimmy and Janine love their land. They are very accommodating and will work hard to get you what you want. With that said the barn is beautifully decorated and my Wife decided she didn’t want to add to it. Also note that the barn now has a wooden floor which is absolutely gorgeous. Jimmy is very prompt which is amazingly helpful especially with last minute details.

The trebuchet is a fantastic addition and all of our guests really enjoyed it. My wife and I wouldn’t change anything about our wedding day.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Saul · Married on 07/22/2017

My wife and I had our wedding here this July and it was amazing! It was a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception, and the Golubs were incredibly accommodating hosts. The farm had plenty of activities and places for everyone to spread out and enjoy at their own pace, and the trebuchet went over really well with our guests. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kady · Married on 06/17/2017

The Golub family is awesome! They were so welcoming and helpful. Jimmy had so many suggestions for things we hadn't even thought about and was super responsive throughout the entire process. We were able to visit the farm multiple times and he even sent photos of previous weddings to help give pointers. Our guests had a blast and the day was beautiful. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Dana · Married on 06/03/2017

When we stepped onto Our Farm and were greeted by two cute dogs, then we met the sweet Janine and Jimmy, we were hooked. Our Farm was a really peaceful place and exactly what we had hoped for with the rustic details, gardens, dogs, horse, mini horse and donkey, how could we not fall in love with the venue. Jimmy and Janine were flexible and helpful through the whole process and they have become more like family to us.

Sent on 08/02/2017

althea · Married on 09/17/2016

The Golubs felt like family from the first time we met, and it only got better! Super flexible and accommodating, warm and enthusiastic and generous people with a beautiful space. We loved Our Farm, can't wait to visit again in the future!

Sent on 12/01/2016

My husband and I had our wedding here in September. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day. We were able to bring in our own caterer, bartender, music setup, etc. We saved a lot of money this way. The property itself is just so beautiful. As soon as we saw it we knew it was the place for us. The pumpkin catapult was a hit and we loved having the farm animals out in the fence. Everyone had such a good time and Jim and Janine were so helpful throughout the whole process. We were even able to set up several days ahead of time. If you're dreaming about a farm wedding, this is the place to do it.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Melyssa · Married on 08/20/2016

Jimmy and Janine were a pleasure to work with and get to know over the last year and a half. They were accommodating: they allowed us to begin decorating a few days before the wedding and gave us a few days to clean up, drove me to our first look spot on a golf cart, and hydrated me inside before my walk down the aisle on my 95 degree wedding day. We picked them because we wanted to use our own vendors (and not a pre-approved list), wanted a true farm wedding, wanted to work with nice people, and most importantly they have REAL, INDOOR bathrooms for wedding guests in the barn. The grounds are beautiful and whenever I reminisce about my wedding day I only think of the love & laughter of our families, the relaxed and cheerful hosting of Jimmy & Janine, and the gorgeous natural surroundings of Our Farm.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Dan · Married on 07/23/2016

The name itself speaks volumes for this wonderful setting: OUR Farm. We were made to feel a part of this great venue -- developing a strong pride of place. From the first contact we had, through planning our wedding, to the day itself and those days immediately following -- we felt entirely welcomed, accommodated, and handled with tremendous courtesy and professionalism. This beautiful farm has a great range of amenities and opportunities to make your wedding day a special and unique experience tailored to your plans or ideas -- all of which are happily shared by the great hosts Jimmy and Janine. From the beautiful barns, magnificent landscape of scenic Madison County, exquisite gardens, and top-tier service and attention to detail, Our Farm provided us with a beautiful day. We were welcomed and made to feel a part of this wonderful property -- all of our guests had a remarkable experience reveling in it's beauty, it's opportunities (a trebuchet among others!), and the top-tier hospitality provided. It would be difficult to recommend Our Farm more highly.

Sent on 10/16/2016