Our Farm Reviews

Our Farm 5
Our Farm 6
Our Farm 7

Amber · Married on 09/22/2018

Our Farm is an absolute dream wedding location. The property and barn are the epitome of a charming venue. It was the perfect mix of rustic and elegant. Jimmy goes above and beyond from the first appointment to the big day. He worked so hard to make our dream a reality. Jimmy makes you feel a part of his family and is so easy going and approachable. I couldn’t have dreamed of a better wedding location. It gave us the best of both worlds, enjoying the incredible property and having the shelter of the beautiful barn. I feel so lucky to have found this venue. We made memories to last a lifetime, and much of that we owe to Jimmy and his beautiful farm. If you are considering this venue you would be crazy not to book right away. We love you Jimmy and Jeanine!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Our Farm 8
    Our Farm 9

Brenda · Married on 09/15/2018

We had our wedding here on September 15th and could not be happier! It was a fairytale in my eyes! Jimmy and Jeanine were so helpful and really wanted to make our day special! I’m so glad we found this place ! All of our guests complemented how beautiful this place was ! Check it out you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Our Farm 10

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

You can not ask for a better venue. Jimmy would give you the shirt off of his back if you needed it. He works well with Beth Fazio, who again we can not say enough amazing things about. If you want a family friendly, relaxed, rustic wedding where all your guests will be amazed and have a great time, look no further. Beth and Jimmy will walk you step by step to your wedding day and make sure everything is perfect. They understand that this only happens once in a lifetime and it shows.

Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2018

We had an amazing time working with Jimmy and Janine and had the most wonderful wedding at their farm! The day was perfect and Jimmy hustled throughout to make sure everything flowed smoothly. Janine's flowers were in their full glory, the horses and donkey were incredibly friendly, the trebuchet was awesome, and the whole vibe was so romantic. As we visited throughout the year, it felt like there was a new improvement every time. The farm has a lot of fun, rustic props that can be used too. Jimmy helped us move a lot around and make it absolutely perfect. The barn was perfect for dancing and we were able to choose whatever vendors we wanted. We can't recommend the coordinator Beth Fazio enough. She has been helping plan weddings at the farm for a while now and really made the day SO SPECIAL. She is independent but worked well with the Jimmy. 10/10 wish we could live it all over again and again!!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Our Farm 11

Carley · Married on 08/11/2018

We haven't even had our wedding here yet, but jimmy and Janine are so sweet and accommodating! We cannot wait to say "I do" here!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Liz · Married on 07/21/2018

We loved this venue. The gardens and grounds are beautiful. Jimmy and Janine, who own the property, are more than accommodating. The wedding coordinator Beth Fazio is excellent, the most positive, organized, and energetic person imaginable. Our 80 guests had a wonderful time! Perfect for a relaxed, family-centered event.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Kathryn · Married on 07/14/2018

I will never regret having my wedding at Our Farm. Jimmy and Janine are the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever met. They truly want you to have an amazing day and will do anything possible to help you best achieve that. We had our ceremony outside and then used the rest of the outdoor space/barn for our reception. The guests raved over the beauty of the venue, the rustic/vintage feel, the games on the lawn, and the appearance of the farm animals! 10/10. I could not be any happier with the results of my wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Our Farm 12
    Our Farm 13
    Our Farm 14

Andrew · Married on 06/30/2018

Had our wedding at Our Farm a month ago and it was fantastic! Jimmy and Janine have a great venue and were fantastic hosts. They were flexible and worked hard to meet our budget and their vendor recommendations were great fits to the event we were planning. The gardens are beautiful in all our pictures and I don't think there are many other venues that let you launch a watermelon to launch your wedding! We are so happy with our choice and I know anyone who picks Our Farm will be too.

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Our Farm 15

Rochella · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I had our wedding at Our Farm this past weekend (June 2, 2018). There are so many great things to say about the Golub’s and Our Farm. From the moment we met Jimmy and Janine we knew we would have our wedding there. They are the nicest people, easy to work with, and so laid back. They treat you like family, not like your just another paying customer. Jimmy was always quick to respond to our questions and he was very helpful throughout our planning. The outside grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well maintained – there are so many great places to take pictures! We had our ceremony outside and used haybales with wood boards that Our Farm had on site for seating. Yard games were set up for the guests! We used the barn for dancing! The barn has a wood floor and bathrooms. We loved being able to choose whatever vendors we wanted to use for things such as the music, dessert, catering, etc. Jimmy and Janine were very helpful with recommendations of different places people had used previously. There is also a trebuchet that is used to launch a watermelon or pumpkin (depending on the season) after the ceremony…need I say more?! Our wedding was perfect and we would not change a thing.

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Our Farm 16
    Our Farm 17

James · Married on 08/12/2017

My wife and I loved Our Farm and couldn’t have been more pleased with our wedding. Jimmy and Janine are just wonderful people and a pleasure to talk too. My then fiance and I went to visit the venue and person and had a lovely afternoon conversation with them. Jimmy and Janine had many recommendations and suggestions that were super helpful (and saved us a lot of money!) including things that neither of us would have thought of. Working with them was very enjoyable and much more pleasant of an experience than any of our friends had.

The venue itself is breath takingly beautiful. As beautiful as many of the pictures are on this site the photos just fail to do it justice. The grounds are very well taken care of and it’s obvious that Jimmy and Janine love their land. They are very accommodating and will work hard to get you what you want. With that said the barn is beautifully decorated and my Wife decided she didn’t want to add to it. Also note that the barn now has a wooden floor which is absolutely gorgeous. Jimmy is very prompt which is amazingly helpful especially with last minute details.

The trebuchet is a fantastic addition and all of our guests really enjoyed it. My wife and I wouldn’t change anything about our wedding day.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Saul · Married on 07/22/2017

My wife and I had our wedding here this July and it was amazing! It was a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception, and the Golubs were incredibly accommodating hosts. The farm had plenty of activities and places for everyone to spread out and enjoy at their own pace, and the trebuchet went over really well with our guests. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Kady · Married on 06/17/2017

The Golub family is awesome! They were so welcoming and helpful. Jimmy had so many suggestions for things we hadn't even thought about and was super responsive throughout the entire process. We were able to visit the farm multiple times and he even sent photos of previous weddings to help give pointers. Our guests had a blast and the day was beautiful. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Dana · Married on 06/03/2017

When we stepped onto Our Farm and were greeted by two cute dogs, then we met the sweet Janine and Jimmy, we were hooked. Our Farm was a really peaceful place and exactly what we had hoped for with the rustic details, gardens, dogs, horse, mini horse and donkey, how could we not fall in love with the venue. Jimmy and Janine were flexible and helpful through the whole process and they have become more like family to us.

Sent on 08/02/2017

althea · Married on 09/17/2016

The Golubs felt like family from the first time we met, and it only got better! Super flexible and accommodating, warm and enthusiastic and generous people with a beautiful space. We loved Our Farm, can't wait to visit again in the future!

Sent on 12/01/2016

My husband and I had our wedding here in September. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day. We were able to bring in our own caterer, bartender, music setup, etc. We saved a lot of money this way. The property itself is just so beautiful. As soon as we saw it we knew it was the place for us. The pumpkin catapult was a hit and we loved having the farm animals out in the fence. Everyone had such a good time and Jim and Janine were so helpful throughout the whole process. We were even able to set up several days ahead of time. If you're dreaming about a farm wedding, this is the place to do it.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Melyssa · Married on 08/20/2016

Jimmy and Janine were a pleasure to work with and get to know over the last year and a half. They were accommodating: they allowed us to begin decorating a few days before the wedding and gave us a few days to clean up, drove me to our first look spot on a golf cart, and hydrated me inside before my walk down the aisle on my 95 degree wedding day. We picked them because we wanted to use our own vendors (and not a pre-approved list), wanted a true farm wedding, wanted to work with nice people, and most importantly they have REAL, INDOOR bathrooms for wedding guests in the barn. The grounds are beautiful and whenever I reminisce about my wedding day I only think of the love & laughter of our families, the relaxed and cheerful hosting of Jimmy & Janine, and the gorgeous natural surroundings of Our Farm.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Dan · Married on 07/23/2016

The name itself speaks volumes for this wonderful setting: OUR Farm. We were made to feel a part of this great venue -- developing a strong pride of place. From the first contact we had, through planning our wedding, to the day itself and those days immediately following -- we felt entirely welcomed, accommodated, and handled with tremendous courtesy and professionalism. This beautiful farm has a great range of amenities and opportunities to make your wedding day a special and unique experience tailored to your plans or ideas -- all of which are happily shared by the great hosts Jimmy and Janine. From the beautiful barns, magnificent landscape of scenic Madison County, exquisite gardens, and top-tier service and attention to detail, Our Farm provided us with a beautiful day. We were welcomed and made to feel a part of this wonderful property -- all of our guests had a remarkable experience reveling in it's beauty, it's opportunities (a trebuchet among others!), and the top-tier hospitality provided. It would be difficult to recommend Our Farm more highly.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Bethanie · Married on 09/05/2015

If you are looking for a beautiful, naturally elegant venue, Our Farm is the absolute greatest. The owners are accommodating and work hard to make sure your special day is everything you hope for. Because of the farm's simple beauty, you can dress it up or down, have a casual, laid back affair or a more formal event. This gorgeous venue is versatile. After hosting our September wedding at Our Farm, we received nothing but positive feedback from our guests. They enjoyed the rustic barn, the beautiful yard with stunning flowers and the lush, green grass which nicely held our wedding tent. How could I forget to mention the trebuchet, which served as a fun way to launch a "ceremonial pumpkin", something our friends and family loved to see! We would recommend Our Farm to any couple looking for a romantic, charming venue for their special day!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband & I were looking to have a barn style wedding and had checked out several places for which to spend our special day. When we came across the Golub Farm, although not set up to suit such an event, we fell in love with the property and all that it had to offer for views. We knew the ‘potential’ that this place was capable of. Deciding to have our wedding at the Golub Farm turned out to be an incredible experience. Both Jimmy & Janine were wonderful to work and coordinate with. The newer barn was where we held our reception and it offered plenty of space for seating, a full buffet, bar & dessert/coffee station. There was even a small dance area that we were able to set up in front. We had several areas of the property that we used for photo opportunities including a stroll into the cornstalk field as the sun was setting to capture some amazing evening moments. Getting our picture taken with Dominick the Donkey will always be something special to make us smile and giggle through the years. Overall, we couldn’t have been any happier with how everything turned out with the space, the set up and the overall beauty and uniqueness that their property offers. We would highly recommend this location for any small-mid size events (bridal showers, weddings, graduation parties, kid birthday parties, etc.) that are looking to capture that barn style or rustic theme.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Emily · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our late August wedding at Our Farm and it went spectacularly! We took full advantage of all the special details this venue offers, including horse rides for the kids, a hay ride (for kids and adults!), the pumpkin trebuchet and lawn games. Jimmy, the owner, was totally up for everything and worked hard all day to keep the fun going. A few additional huge perks to this place as opposed to other DIY barn-type venues: clean, new bathrooms (mens, womens and a family bathroom), pretty new barn that requires minimal decoration (has fans, lights, and gas heaters), gorgeous and colorful gardens, mini horse and mini donkey!, convenient location (near enough to Syracuse for vendors, and Cazenovia is a quaint little town guests will love - plenty of sweet B&Bs and historic hotels). I loved to be able to start setting up Wednesday/ Thursday. I loved the sweet ceremony site, as well, including the handmade arbor. There are a few drawbacks to this venue which are helpful to consider when planning a wedding: 1. There is not a lot of existing large furniture/ decor to use. Another few vintage tables, large barrels, etc. would have been really helpful as these are hard to supply and move yourself if you don't rent a truck. 2. The fact that you have to rent EVERYTHING - dishes, glassware, serveware, linens. This isn't as much a problem with the venue (they are upfront about this) as just something to consider - if you go with this venue, this will be a totally DIY venue. It was a lot more work and cost than I expected. The dishes cost more than the two tents and chairs!

All in all, this is a great venue with many unique amenities. It was the perfect backdrop for our laid-back, family-friendly wedding and MANY guests told us this was the best wedding they'd ever attended! Jimmy and Janine will be lifelong friends and we are excited to pick our pumpkins at the farm this fall :)

Sent on 09/03/2017

Talia · Married on 09/24/2016

3.0

I loved the venue, the owner was SO helpful and even gave us a couple of days in advance to set the wedding up. He was at my beck and call, he helped us move tables around, he helped my wedding party set up the hay bales that we used to ceremony seating. He has a lot of flexible options if you want to clean up yourself or they can clean up for you, whichever is in your budget. My guests said it was the most amazing and laid back wedding that they had every been to and my pictures came out amazing. I definitely recommend the venue to everyone I know!

Sent on 11/02/2016