Otto-Matic Mobile Music Reviews

Otto-Matic Mobile Music 6
Otto-Matic Mobile Music 7
  • Bryan

Bryan · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Wedding turned into a 6 hr dance party!!!

Justin was the DJ at our wedding a few weeks ago. He was easy to work and plan with, receptive to our “must play” and “don’t play” lists, and made our reception exactly what we wanted it to be, a six-hour dance party. Long story short, Justin is a phenomenal DJ and working with him was easy. Almost a month later, and my friends are still telling me how awesome the DJ and the music from our wedding were.
    Planning for our wedding was unique because I live in South Dakota and my wife lives in Seattle. As we were interviewing DJs, Justin was more than happy to meet with her in person and deal with me trying to participate via facetime. Right away we could tell that he was personable and passionate about music. On top of that, he stressed that it was our day and he would just be there to provide the soundtrack. We were going back and forth between a few DJs, but could not be happier with our final choice.
    My wife is a musician herself and really enjoys making playlists. She had a couple on Spotify, one for dinner music and one for the dance party afterwards. We shared those playlists with Justin, and he ran with them. He also asked if there were songs on the playlists that we absolutely had to hear so we gave him a 6 to 9 songs. They were already on the dance party playlist, but he wanted to make sure he knew which ones they were. I also asked that we could have a few country songs and a few polka songs for the older guests to dance to. I told him play at least one, see how everyone likes it and if people are dancing to them, play a few more.
    Like I said, Justin absolutely crushed the music and made sure the party was always going. He was awesome at feeling the vibe in the room. Just like I asked, he played some country and polka songs early in the night and saw that quite a few people were enjoying dancing to them so he played a few more. He didn’t over do it and wear people out on them, but it was just enough to make sure everyone got involved. As the night went on, he played more contemporary stuff that our friends are used to dancing to. And because he did such a good job coaxing everyone onto the dance floor early (just with the music), even some of our older guests were out there dancing to Lil Jon’s “Get Low.”
    Every now and then, I’d start to get tired and felt like I needed a break so as I knew the song was getting towards the end, I’d start walking off the dance floor. But Justin seamlessly mixed awesome song after awesome song so just when I thought it was time to take a break, I’d get sucked back in by another sweet jam.
    Beyond Justin’s DJ skills, he did a great job M.C.ing the evening. He let people know when it was time to take their seats for dinner after the cocktail hour, encouraged people to keep dancing during dinner, and introduced all our toasters and first dances professionally. He never over did it, and never took the spotlight off of us. His set up gave him the ability to have speakers in different rooms so no matter where you were you could hear announcements or music. He had uplights too which added a lot more to the dance part of the reception than I thought they would.
    We honestly cannot say enough about how great Justin was. And you could tell the whole time he was having fun because when he’s helping people dance and have a good time, he’s doing something he loves. Anyone getting married in Seattle (or how every far he’ll travel), if you don’t have Justin DJing your wedding, you’re missing out.

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/05/2019

Thank you DJ Bob!

DJ Bob was amazing! Since we were from out of town he was very flexible and easy to work with. Every step of the way he helped us make the ceremony and reception exactly what we wanted. We cannot say enough about how great DJ Bob is! Thank you so much for making our day so magical!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Malyn

Malyn N. Bartolome · Married on 08/25/2019

Incredible - just book them!

We were contemplating whether or not we should hire a DJ in the first place for our wedding. My wedding coordinator suggested we did as she explained that they would be a crucial part in the flow of the wedding.

We decided to go with Otto even though it was a bit over budget for us. But man oh man it was SO WORTH IT!! Soooo worth it! We LOVED that he played songs we chose but also played other songs that EVERYONE absolutely LOVED and was familiar with!!! All of our guests were raving about him and the songs he played. Not only did he did an amazing job as a DJ, but he rocked it on the mic. Super professional but was able to facilitate & also hype things up as needed! He worked with a tough crowd. I had 80 guests & most of them were my family (all of whom were a bit older and barely knew english). He even helped steer the wild children away from the cake table as needed but also did a wonderful job announcing it to the kids when it was time for cake!! HAHA, we loved it!

We highly recommend him! He knows his stuff and his equipment/lighting was on point!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/24/2019

We couldn’t have been happier with Bob Collins!

My husband and I went with Otto-Matic and our DJ the day of was Bob Collins. From the planning to the day of, Bob communicated, he was always on time, he made sure what we wanted happened but also read our crowd so well and gave them what they wanted as well. There were no issues whatsoever. Thank you Bob and Otto for making our day run smoothly and a blast!!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Beam · Married on 08/17/2019

Could not have asked for more

I cannot recommend these guys enough. Dylan was the DJ for our wedding and he was OUTSTANDING. We had some last-minute drama on the wedding night (my dad got sick and we had to delay reception proceedings for a while), and Dylan handled it like a pro. He made announcements, kept the mood music going, and was ready to jump in and move quickly once we were ready. Once we hit the dance floor, EVERYONE danced. The music was perfect - music everyone could recognize and love and get down to. He even helped me lead my family in a Greek dance. Additionally, when I wasn't sure what music was right to close out the night, he hit it out of the park by closing with "Let's Get it On" - it was both a slow(ish) song and a funny choice that left everyone in great spirits. By the end of the night, Dylan was friends with our wedding party. He was an absolute gem and our wedding would not have been what it was without him. Every piece of this process was professional, communication was reliable and easy, and there were no surprises. BOOK THEM.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Julia

Julia and Ethan Waterman · Married on 08/17/2019

DJ Anthony is the BEST!

My husband and I used Otto Matic music for our wedding, and had DJ Anthony Hawkins as our DJ. He was truly incredible. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Not only did he do a fantastic job with all of the music throughout the evening, he was also able to sense the room and change up the music if need be. He was kind, on time, easy to work with, and we would 1000% use him again. I cannot recommend him enough!!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Neil

Neil Adkison · Married on 08/16/2019

Otto and his team were professional and fun to work along side with as we prepared for the big day.

We hired DJ Bob through Otto and couldn’t be happier with his work. He was willing to meet with me in person a few times before the wedding to help ensure the evening would go the way we envisioned it. The template is easy to follow and he was very flexible with some last minute changes we made.

The highlight of the night was the dance floor as I’ve never seen so many people actually get out there and boogie! Bob did a great job reading the crowd and kept people out there! Weddings can be stressful and it was such a relief knowing Bob has the experience and confidence to help run the evening. I can’t recommend Bob and Otto-Mattic enough!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Kaithlin

Kaithlin Wheeler · Married on 07/21/2019

DJ Justin is Awesome!

My husband and I met with 3 other DJ’s before meeting with DJ Justin from Otto-Matic Dj’s. The minute we met him, we both knew he was our guy!! DJ Justin has so much energy, and is just an overall nice guy and person to be around. We are very happy with our decision to use him for the wedding. He was professional, but at the same time able to really forecast his energy and passion into what he does. He did a great job mc-ing, reading the crowd, and running everyone through the day. We would highly recommend him for your event!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Jordan Hansen · Married on 07/13/2019

DJ Bob helped my wedding run smoothly!

The choice of hiring a DJ was something I wasn't sure I wanted to spend money on during my wedding. Let me tell you, I am so glad I did! DJ Bob C. was easily one of the most helpful and calm people throughout my wedding day. He was professional, but at the same time was friendly, personable, funny, and so kind. He helped to ensure that my day went smoothly by helping with things that weren't even his job to do! He jumped in to help open food from the caterer, helped to guide my guests through their evening with us, and did everything he could to make sure my husband and I had the best night possible. DJ Bob C. even came out with us on the dance floor, which was so exciting! He was able to accommodate my (rather large) list of songs to play, and though we had a small wedding, there were lots of exciting dance times!

I will never regret hiring DJ Bob to be at my wedding, I would have regretted not hiring DJ Bob and Otto-Matic Music!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Molly · Married on 06/29/2019

Best wedding DJ!

Hiring Justin for your wedding DJ is a great idea! I have been to several weddings with mediocre DJ's that totally kill the vibe of the wedding, and that is not the case at all with Justin! Before our wedding we met with him to go over the type of music we wanted for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He played all of our must-play songs and totally read the audience to play the right music to keep our guests out on the dance floor. He did a great job incorporating oldies to new music to keep guests of all ages happy. His package is all inclusive to include set up time and cover the whole event from ceremony to dance party. Other vendors we looked at had packages for only a few hours, so it was nice to have a DJ that covered the whole day, lighting, microphones, etc. Justin was incredibly professional, friendly, and put on a great event. He is absolutely worth it and I would definitely recommend hiring him!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Allie

Allie Cook · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommend!

Otto was great to work with - super responsive and a talented MC! He was able to incorporate the exact genre of music we hoped for, as well as accommodate the Persian music we wanted. He even allowed us to end the night with a sweet karaoke session ;) Thank you!!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Tanya

Tanya Hirsch · Married on 05/26/2019

Better than I could have imagined

I was so impressed with Otto and everything he did on our wedding day! Otto really ran the show and made it so much fun. The music, MC, lighting, it was all beyond what I had hoped for. We are still on the wedding/honeymoon high, it was such a perfect night! I am so grateful for Otto’s help. We received lots of compliments from our guests, and highly recommend him! He was able to accommodate and find special songs for our ceremony, timed our entrance with a saber team and played so many great songs, we danced and didn’t stop dancing until the lights turned off! The lighting and music followed the tone of the night perfectly, a romantic ceremony, lively dinner and then getting down on the dance floor. He is a talented MC, DJ and light specialist, I was amazed how he could do it all, and it was better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Rusty

Rusty Jones · Married on 05/25/2019

Fun/Professional/Low-Stress/Quality

Highly recommended! A seasoned wedding planner in the Seattle area encouraged us to book Otto-matic for our wedding. He provided quality sound and lighting throughout the ceremony as well as an excellent/memorable soundtrack for the reception. Otto's experience and professionalism kept things running smoothly despite several last-minute changes due to rain at our outdoor venue. The music selection was brilliant and we danced with friends and family through the last song. He also brought the perfect amount of energy and humor during brief announcements. Prior to the wedding, he went through an organized template with us and was fun to work with throughout planning as well as our big night. Low stress. Excellent quality. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Kendra · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful DJ!

Simply put--hire Otto! Totally worth the money. He was the best DJ we could have hoped for--kept our guests on the dance floor the entire evening until the venue closed down. Music choice was excellent, with smooth transitions between songs, and lighting and other effects were a hit! He also worked with our live music performers during the ceremony to get them all mic'ed up and connected to his sound system. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Ryann Nichole · Married on 04/20/2019

Crowd Pleaser!

DJ Julia and DJ Tom went above and beyond any of our expectations. Not only was the music and lighting a huge hit, but Julia’s voice on the mic is very dreamy. They were involved in our experience from the beginning, asking us questions about what we like, what we do not like. We all worked together to make it the wedding of our dreams, but also something fun for every guest.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Aaron Solo · Married on 12/31/2018

DJ Dylan had our dance floor PULSING!

We hired DJ Dylan for our NYE Charity Ball, and I have to admit at first I was skeptical- This fresh faced undergrad had zero on-line reviews and charged a pretty high price... but Otto talked me into it and I am so glad he did! Dylan was awesome! He is a total pro! Showed up early, brought an amazing lighting set-up, coordinated seamlessly with the Live Band we hired to open the event, most importantly: Our Dance Floor was PACKED!

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Otto-Matic Mobile Music 8

Rachelle · Married on 12/28/2018

Dj justin rocks

DJ Justin was the absolute BEST!!! He kept the crowd going all night. Typically at weddings dancing fades away but he couldn't keep people off the floor. He was so friendly and easy going. We will definitely use him again! He made our wedding one to remember. Every day people are telling me how much fun he was! Thanks DJ Justin and thanks for spending your bday with us :) Rachelle

Sent on 01/03/2019

Kaitlan · Married on 12/15/2018

Everything I hoped for in a DJ!

I cannot say enough great things about Otto! He did an amazing job for our wedding. He made sure the sound was perfect in our ceremony and helped make sure it ran smoothly. I was also so shocked to find out he had recorded the audio of our entire ceremony for us to listen to afterwards. So incredibly thoughtful and special to have this forever! The reception was amazing because of him, as well! He MC'ed the entire night for the toasts, bouquet toss and garter belt so that everything happened as I wanted it to! He played great music and kept everyone dancing the entire night! He made the reception so perfect and everything I had hoped for! He was always quick to respond and even met with us in person the week before the wedding to go over everything. The photo booth we did through him was also a huge hit and went over great! I would highly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah · Married on 12/15/2018

We love DJ Justin!

As soon as we met Justin we knew he was the perfect choice for our wedding!
    He has such a fun personality and is just an all around nice guy. We chose Justin before we chose most of our vendors but once the other vendors were chosen and we told them who our DJ was, all but one vendor knew who he was and they were so happy we chose him. Our caterer, who hadn't worked with him before, was so impressed with him after the event! He made everything flow so smoothly even though we had a few last minute details to add. He mic'd up the ceremony and it sounded perfect, no annoying feedback or awkward noises. He acted as the perfect emcee throughout the night telling people where to go and when to be there. His actual DJ-ing skills were phenomenal! Everyone was having such a blast on the dance floor! We even requested a few throwback Disney songs and played them happily. Overall, we couldn't be happier with the service he provided!

Can;t wait to recommend him to our friends just to be able to work with him again!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Theriault · Married on 11/16/2018

Justin made our wedding incredible!

Justin did our wedding mid November and I couldn't have dreamed of a better DJ! Planning for all the music and timeline of the day was really daunting, but he made me feel so relaxed and just helped ensure that everything would be taken care of. Everything ran smoothly on the day, from ceremony to reception, never once was there a technical difficulty or a hiccup, it was perfect. We had a mixed culture wedding - American/Pakistani - and he integrated both styles of music fantastically! Everyone was dancing the whole night and he kept everyone entertained. The sound system, lights, announcements, and music were all spot on, and he even worked with our friends who wanted to sing and make special announcements. Justin truly helped make our day so fun and I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Sara

Sara Langus · Married on 11/11/2018

Do yourself a favor....Hire Otto for your next Event!

I was lucky enough to have Otto DJ two events for this year...My wedding reception in October and a Charity Dinner in November.

My wedding was AMAZING! We had rented a fight for our guests(apparently it was a good one that my husband did not want to miss) to watch during the reception and we had no idea how to get it set up, Otto jumped right in and made sure it was all set...and even with most of the people wanting to watch the fight he managed to get us all on the dance floor! If we didn't have to be out of the venue by a certain time he could have kept everyone dancing ALL NIGHT!

CHARITY DINNER!
    I seriously can't say enough on how amazing Otto is! This was a charity dinner for Harborview Burn Center and majority of the attendees where linemen....which are hard folks to get on the dance floor. BUT not for Otto! He music selection was on point! I gave pretty much no direction and he managed to nail every sound bite during our drawings and prizes! The woman who did all the announcements said she wouldn't have done so well if it wasn't for Otto pumping her up with the music! He also grabbed our itinerary and with all the chaos going on behind the scenes he managed to keep us all on track. I truly can not rave about Otto enough! Do yourself a favor.....hire Otto for your event!!!!!!

I just wanted to say.... I never write reviews, but that's how impressed I am with Otto.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Shayla Engleson · Married on 11/10/2018

Otto is the best! Hands Down!

Otto is the BEST! He absolutely crushed it! Our dance floor was not empty once! He also does a wonderful job hosting the evening and keeping the flow going. Not to mention top of the line equipment. Oh! He is also a genius with lighting!

Thanks Otto!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Nick Mullikin · Married on 10/27/2018

Dj justin was amazing!

DJ Justin was AMAZING!! From the first planning meeting until the dancing stopped he was professional and engaging. He kept the party going the entire time during the reception and the music selection was so good. The sound was awesome and the up lighting that the company offers was a really nice touch to our venue’s ambiance. My wife and I have been to many weddings and had bad experiences with either sound quality during the ceremony & speeches, or bad music selection and not reading the room is they aren’t feeling a song, which was not the case with Justin. Everything turned out PERFECT, we wouldn’t have changed a thing! We would recommend DJ Justin and Otto-Matic to anyone looking for a great DJ and already have!

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Corinne

Corinne Kaiser · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend!

Otto is incredible. We went to a wedding a couple years ago and he was the DJ there. Because we had so much fun dancing at that wedding, we knew we had to book him when we got married. He was one of the first vendors we booked because the reception dance party was a top priority for our wedding!

Otto totally delivered on our wedding day. He is an absolute artist - he knows exactly what the play and when. If the dance floor begins to empty (and that's a big "IF" with Otto), he just changes the song to keep the vibe. He also acted as the MC for our wedding as well. He had a great pace and kept us on track all night. He also surprised us with a couple recordings from the speeches and a vocal performance we had from a bridesmaid. That was really, really special to us. In addition to the actual music part of the dance party, Otto makes sure that you really "feel" the music throughout the night. For the dancing, he did an AWESOME light show. It was so cool and totally added to the entire experience. Our guests absolutely loved it.

From start to finish, Otto was wonderful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole Milton · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. DJ Otto is absolutely amazing! He was the DJ at my cousins wedding about 8 years ago, and ever since then I knew I had to have him do mine! Otto is amazing at what he does, and he helped make our day run so smoothly. He is very easy to work with, easy to communicate with and incredibly professional.

Transitions throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour, our grand entrance, to dancing were flawless. I didn't have to worry about a single thing with him! I had a lot of the music picked out, but everything else I told him to feel the crowd and do his thing, and he did not disappoint! I had so many compliments with the music selection, and I kid you not, the dance floor was PACKED the entire night. I cannot recommend Otto enough. He was everything I could have asked for and more in a DJ. Thank you Otto for making our special day so perfect! I will forever give your name to everyone I know in need of a DJ!

We also highly recommend their photo booth! Our guests all had a great time with the props, and the photo strips that are printed out and they can keep. It was a hit all evening!

Sent on 10/30/2018