Otto Events Reviews

Otto Events View more information

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Milree K. Married on 10/10/2022

Experience+Competence+Personality=Satisfaction Plus!

This is a mother-of-the-bride perspective. Jenn worked with us on an outdoor wedding venue in which we used four settings and multiple vendors. She kept all of us focused as the bride and groom made their plans and chose vendors. Her experience with them really helped, and she knew all the important details to consider as they made their plans. Her calm, her contact as the wedding day approached, and her talent at getting every person and player in their place and having a good time too during the rehearsal and ceremony was incredible. She promised that the wedding party would have no worries during the whole wedding day and could just enjoy it, and that promise was kept 100 percent. She was a Godsend and a miracle to me--all I wanted was for the bride and groom to have their dream wedding day--and Jenn and her team were the element that made all the difference. She's flexible and smart and loves her work. I can't recommend her more highly.
  • Michael
    Michael M. Married on 10/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best of the best. 10 Stars!

Jennifer and her ability to control a crowd is unmatched. We worked with Jennifer for months leading up to our backyard and local farm wedding. As the bride, I had many difficult visions (local food, local vendors, and decorations that were unique, custom and personal for us). Jenn supported EVERY vision we had. She was in on a surprise that my husband was planning for me and helped him execute it well while keeping the surprise! She made sure I knew what I needed to know and helped me feel in control of the day, when really, she was the rockstar! Jennifer Fors is NOT A ROOKIE(!). She ensures that every vendor and guest are on the right track, within the timeline, all while making sure my groom, my family and I were fed, hydrated, and enjoying the special day.

Jennifer is the best best possible planner you could ever consider hiring. Worth every penny. She is direct, and kind and also, aggressive (in the best possible way)!

Jennifer has the right connections and knows where to direct the bride and groom to execute their vision. You cannot go wrong in hiring Jenn! If I could give 10 stars, I would. She worked so hard for us and I could not have expected anything more from her. She is THE BEST!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Bailey
    Bailey D. Married on 09/17/2022

Jenn is a PRO!

We hired Jenn at the recommendation of a friend who also had a backyard wedding and said she was a lifesaver! Jenn was amazing she helped with everything, her team did an amazing job setting up our barn and everything ran so smoothly! Jenn was so great all we had to do the day of was enjoy! She had everything handled! Any questions I had she was quick with an answer and was a great support with all stress leading up to the big day! She had a back up plan for everything!! I had a blast working with her.
    Graham A. Married on 08/27/2022

Jennifer at Otto Events is an Excellent Day of Coordinator

Jennifer at Otto events made sure our special day ran perfectly. She is very organized, professional and considerate. She is an excellent day of coordinate and will ensure that you and your loved ones can relax and enjoy your special day. Her service are of excellent value and I would recommend her to anyone seeking a day of coordinator.
    Brooke C. Married on 08/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing team - they truly saved the day

Jennifer and Erin were absolutely incredible. Jenn helped us plan the event, and her experience in restaurant management truly saved the day. She recognized potential issues with our remote, rustic venue and offered expert staff to help supplement service, and she offered solutions to problems the venue did not anticipate such as how to process non-cash transactions with no wifi. Erin was present the day of our event and did more than we ever imagined. She set up all of the decor and signs, brought out the wedding cake, directed guests; she even got behind the bar and was serving drinks when they got backed up!! We lost power at one point, she glued me back together and had us back up and running in no time so everyone could dance the rest of the night away. I honestly don't know how we ever could have done this without them. Because of them, we were able to relax and enjoy the most beautiful day with family and friends. Don't give this a second though - hire them. This team is worth their weight in gold.
  • Eric
    Eric D. Married on 08/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceed all expectations - would highly recommend

What can I say, working with Jen was an amazing experience from start to finish. Not only was she extremely approachable and patient with us, she also had a ton of great ideas and was fun to work with through out the whole planning process. There was no problem or road block too big, as she consistently found solutions to any of our concerns.

We planned a ~100 person wedding at a private home on the water, which required working with a number of vendors (rentals, tents, portable restrooms, and a number of caterers). On the day of our wedding she made sure that we always had food & drinks & water (it's was almost 90 with 80% humidity). She worked so hard at our wedding and we are so thankful to her and her team. Fantastic work 10 out of 10 - would recommend (and have) to friends, family, or colleagues.
  • Alexis
    Alexis R. Married on 07/02/2022

Amazing Wedding Planner!!

Jen (Otto Events) was such a wonderful wedding planner. She helped us through every step of the way, from finding a venue to the finishing touches to make the big day extra special. We could not have done this process without her. She is also just such a wonderful and kind person, and so much fun to work with. We would definitely recommend her to plan your next event.
  • Karen
    Karen U. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Otto Events is Fantastic!

Jennifer is amazing! Our daughter’s outdoor wedding was at a private estate away from where we live. Jennifer is so knowledgeable and easy to work with. She helped us find most all of our vendors and they were all fantastic! From the caterer to the tent/rentals, florist, DJ, photographer, hair & makeup, each and everyone was perfect for what we were looking for! We especially loved working with Jennifer because of her down-to-earth personality and great sense of humor. When the big day finally arrived, we were able to relax and enjoy the day confident that Jennifer had all the details covered and that if anything unexpected were to come up, she would know just what to do – and she did! Thanks to Jennifer and Otto Events it was truly a perfect day!
    Katelyn M. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Phenomenal experience with Jennifer!

Hiring Jen as our day-of coordinator was hands down the best decision we made when planning our wedding! We were introduced to Jen by a close friend who had hired her to coordinate her wedding and I knew first-hand how great she was to deal with. Jen was very understanding and accommodating when we postponed our wedding a year due to COVID-19 and then expertly helped us navigate the difficulties of having a wedding during a pandemic. Despite us only hiring Jen as our day-of coordinator, she provided great advice in the final weeks leading up to the wedding and advocated for us when some of our vendors tried to make last minute changes. A few weeks prior to our wedding, Jen met us at our venue to do a walk-through and discuss the layout. She also talked us through how to create our day-of schedule and provided suggestions to ensure the day went smoothly. Jen was extremely communicative and responsive!

The day before our wedding Jen met us at the venue a few hours before the rehearsal to do a final walk-through, discuss decor set-up and last minute logistics. Given there was a lot of rain the day before our wedding, Jen suggested we relocate our ceremony location to a pavilion onsite to avoid the muddy grass and it ended up having an even better view of the lake! Jen expertly managed our rehearsal and provided the much needed direction for our family and wedding party.

The day of our wedding, Jen was there to greet all of our vendors and let them know where to set up. We had an issue with a missing piece of equipment that was rented for our wedding and Jen worked with the caterer to troubleshoot and find a replacement piece, doing this all in the background so as not to stress us out. When the caterer started a small fire in the kitchen causing the fire alarm to go off during our reception, Jen jumped right in to identify the issue and spoke with the fire department when they arrived onsite. She even brought down our niece and nephew to get some photos on the fire truck! Even after the wedding day was over, Jen contacted the rental company to request a refund for the broken equipment, which we got as well as an additional discount for the hassle.

If you're looking for a wedding planner or day-of coordinator, you should definitely reach out to Jen! Our wedding was everything we imagined and would not have been as stress-free without her.
  • Katie
    Katie D. Married on 09/18/2021

Highly Recommend!

If you’re thinking about hiring a wedding coordinator/planner - you should look into booking Otto Events now! Jen was amazing and we couldn’t have pulled off our dream wedding without her! My mom and I spoke with Jen on the phone for an initial consultation and she told us that something goes wrong at every wedding and with her there the day of - we won’t even have to know about it! We had a DIY type venue and Jen coordinated all the vendors and set up the day of which was a lot of work! Everyone from the photographer to guests commented on how great she was! I heard after the fact that our bartender, who works at the venue often, commented to my father the morning of the wedding that it didn’t look like we were ready for the wedding that day. But when Jen arrived a little while later she had everything whipped into shape somehow and it was beautiful and we were ready to start on time!
    She also helped run the rehearsal for us and walked through all the decorations the day before and I couldn’t be happier with our wedding day - it was perfect! Jen is very personable and fun to be around and I was so happy to have her as such a key part of our day! You won’t regret hiring Otto Events!
  • Gina
    Gina Married on 08/21/2021

Would highly recommend! Amazing experience

Where do we begin!
    Hiring Jennifer as our day of wedding coordinator (8/21/21) may of been one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.
    A little back story. We got engaged in 2018, set a date at a venue for 10/2020 but that was the year of covid. We then postponed to 5/2021 but unfortunately had to postpone again to 8/2021. With our third date change we also decided to host at our home and cancel the venue.
    As we started planning and setting all the details for the big day we realized we needed a professional. Our florist recommended Jennifer. Not knowing if she had the time for us we reached out anyways to see if she could assist with the big day. Thankfully she was available.
    She not only was very easy to get along with but she was extremely professional and when I say she knew her stuff- that’s an understatement.
    The day before our wedding we had the rehearsal dinner planned at our home.
    The day before that we had MORE rain than we had seen all summer. Our yard was flooded and where the ceremony and reception was set up in our backyard, could not longer be used.
    Jennifer came to our rescue.
    She was very calm and came up with a back up plan immediately. Looking back on it the back up plan ended up being just as amazing. The ceremony was on our deck overlooking our guests who gathered by the pool and patio. Immediate family was present on the deck with us for a very intimate ceremony. It was just perfect- -all thanks to her!
    The day of she was at our home (while we were getting ready elsewhere) setting everything up and making sure vendors were staying on track.
    She assisted with the ceremony (helping my dad get me down the yard- under our deck- and up a flight of stairs). She assisted with our introductions (even cleaned up a beer spill).
    She was there to help with the cake cutting and making sure our family was present for photos. She also stayed into the evening where she ended up cleaning up a glass spill near the pool.
    (I’m sure there’s more I am forgetting)!
    When I say she did it all- she did it all.
    Jen we can’t believe how amazing you were through the entire process. We seriously couldn’t of had our wedding the way we did without you. We will forever be grateful.
    Thank you again front the bottom of our hearts.
    Chris and Gina Cutter
  • Nancy
    Nancy P. Married on 08/21/2021

The Best Wedding Ever

Jenn was more than a wedding planner - she was a life saver! My daughter's wedding had a last minute snafu - after already suffering "Pandemic Issues" where we had to change the date, and ultimately, the venue, 3 times in a year! With 120 guests scheduled to arrive, two days before (due to torrential downpours that flooded my daughter's yard) what was to be a backyard wedding had to be switched to a "front yard/cul-de-sac event". (Oh, and I did I fail to mention? - Hurricane Henri was due to arrive the day AFTER the wedding!) Jenn was able to orchestrate everything right down to the littlest detail. Nothing seemed to phase her while the rest of us were losing our minds. Her professionalism, as well as cheerful and positive demeanor, helped all of us that day.
    Without her the wedding never would have happened. We are so grateful that she was recommended to us and we decided to hire her.
    Jenn and Otto Events are the best little wedding planning company in Central Mass!!!
  • Natasha
    Natasha S. Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jennifer went above and beyond!

Our venue was very bare-bones and we had to bring everything in (tent, tables, bathrooms, etc.). There were many logistics to organize and Jennifer helped us to keep everything on track the day of our wedding. She had a number of calls with me leading up to the wedding to make sure that I didn't forget any of the details. She also helped me strategize how to keep things within our budget. On the day of the wedding, she kept everything on schedule, and when a huge thunderstorm rolled in in the evening, she went above and beyond to make sure things continued to run smoothly. If you need someone you can count on on the day of your wedding, look no further! Hire Jennifer.
  • Joshua
    Joshua R. Married on 06/06/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Jennifer was completely on top of everything throughout the entire process, with her there there was virtually no stress to us. On the day of the wedding she made sure everyone knew where to be and how to get there, she made sure we had food the second we got to the reception and we can’t say thank you enough for everything. By the time everything is done you feel like you have known her forever.
  • Steph
    Steph Married on 10/12/2019

Alleviated Stress!

From day 1 Jenn made anything seem possible and doable. Being able to rely on her experience was a huge relief.
  • Gretchen
    Gretchen Married on 09/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Phenomenal experience with Otto Events!

My now husband and I hired Jennifer as our wedding planner after one preliminary phone call, during which she was already super helpful! Jennifer was extremely responsive, helpful and in-tune with our hopes for the big day - helping to make everything a reality, in just 6 months! We highly recommend hiring Jennifer for any and all wedding planning needs!
    Jess Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jennifer is INCREDIBLE. My husband and I both agree that other than choosing to marry each other, she was THE BEST decision we made regarding our wedding day. She met with us in person at our venue months prior to the wedding and made great suggestions on how we could do arrange everything on our big day that we ended up following. The day before the wedding she met us at the barn, directed us all through the rehearsal, and worked with us to finalize everything. She convinced the company we rented our tent from to come back the next day after they had already arrived because she knew the winds would be too strong to set up the tent when they came. They were also our vendor for chairs, so she ended up setting up the chairs and aisle decorations on her own the next day and made it look just how I imagined. She was on top of EVERYTHING that day, and every time I had a panic or looked anxious she was on top of it and guided me. I can't go on enough about how much she did for us to make our big day as stress free as possible, but what meant the most to me was how she handled my maid of honor who panicked before trying to surprise me with a speech and quickly became sick. She handled the situation gracefully and delicately, never made her feel bad, and helped take care of her. I could go on forever about how completely blown away we all were with Jennifer, but I'll summarize it with this...JUST BOOK HER NOW :-)
    Alicia Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, Reliable, Supportive, and BEYOND Helpful!

So appreciative to Jennifer and Erin for their support on my wedding day in September 2018! I contacted them within months of my wedding day after having very little success communicating with my venue coordinator. I was felt very overwhelmed with the amount of planning, questions, and concerns I had about my wedding day with no one to direct me. That is when I reached out to Jennifer at Otto Events. She not only calmed me down immediately but validated that I was not the only bride in this kind of situation so close to their wedding. She coordinated emails in a professional manner with my venue coordinator to make sure that I had the information I needed to feel comfortable moving forward in the wedding planning process. Jennifer was highly communicative with me, usually responding within hours of my calls/emails. She took the time out of her weekend to walk my wedding venue with me, support me with decor, and offer her ideas/suggestions based off of her experience in the restaurant business. Unfortunately, Jennifer was unavailable to be there for my rehearsal dinner and wedding day (which I had known going in) but her second in command, Erin, was just as accommodating, professional, and reliable. My wedding venue did not offer support with decor and was not willing to allow me access to my reception hall until 10 am the morning of my wedding. Erin came to my Air BNB the day before my wedding to review how I envisioned all my decor to look, she transported everything to my wedding venue the morning of the wedding, and she set up ALL of my decor TO PERFECTION. I couldn't have done it better myself!! Erin also ran my ceremony rehearsal, wedding ceremony coordination, and reception coordination. I am so thankful to Jennifer and Erin for all their support! I would not have been able to relax and enjoy the last few months of the wedding planning process, my rehearsal dinner, or my wedding day without them!!!
    Emily R. Married on 09/08/2018

Highly recommend!

Jenn and Otto Events made our wedding possible. From day one of the planning, Jenn was only a phone call away. She valued our opinions, but also offered her ideas that fit perfectly into our wedding day goals. Any stress disappeared on our wedding day with Jenn coordinating everything. My husband and I will be forever greatful for the magical day that she helped make a reality!
    Katie Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jen is fantastic! My husband and I used her for planning and day-of coordination. She did a wonderful job orchestrating not only the vendors, but all of our family and friends. Her personality is perfect for a wedding planner - warm, bubbly, bossy (in a great way) and detail oriented. I highly recommend her for your wedding. Book her, you won't regret it!
    Khanh Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jennifer was absolutely amazing in every way! We had a an American-Vietnamese wedding which required tremendous planning, decorating, and coordination. Jennifer was there from the very beginning to help lay out the venue to best suit our wants and needs. We were able to practice numerous times for how everything would flow on the day before and day of. Nothing is perfect, and we definitely had our fair share of bumps along the way, but Jennifer was always there when we called upon her and gave nothing but the best advice and support (physically and emotionally). We made the right decision choosing Jennifer and thank her for all of her efforts and support!
    Brian Married on 07/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jenn is a wedding genius. If you want a day-of coordinator that will make your wedding the most polished version of itself that you could ever dream of, look no further. From the beginning, Jenn was eager to talk with us about the details of our DIY barn wedding, and her input, and discovery of important things we overlooked, were invaluable to our planning process. We only became more impressed from there! Jenn had tons of good ideas about how to set up the ceremony during the wedding rehearsal. This was actually the moment Jenn became a Hero to us: the venue had considerable construction in the background of the spot we had originally planned for our ceremony, and we only saw the construction first hand a few days before the wedding. I'll be honest, it was sort of a disaster. Jenn had a great solution that involved rotating the seating into a beautiful nook of trees, arranging chairs in a semi-circle with no aisle, and spreading flower petals in a circle where we would stand. The result was more shaded, beautiful, and intimate than the original set up, even without construction. We were dealing with a professional. After the rehearsal, everyone in our families raved about Jenn's rare combination of niceness, sense of humor, competence and polite bossiness. And I mean all that in the best way possible, because this is exactly what you want in a day-of coordinator! We literally had people saying, "I wish I had someone like Jenn for my every day life!" Our wedding itself was the most beautiful day in the world, and despite it being DIY, Jenn made sure everything ran smoothly. With the help of servers, she set up tables and decorations, dealt with caterers, made sure the appetizers were plentiful and served, restocked water and lemonade, iced the wine bottles, controlled the flow of people through the venue at all the key moments, and much MUCH more. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and Jenn is to thank for that. We couldn't have done it without her!
    Michelle Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We hired Jen from Otto events to coordinate our wedding day at Peirce Farm at With Hill in Topsfield MA this past June and I can’t say enough good things about her. She was just amazing. The venue was so impressed with her that they are planning to add her to their list of recommended vendors as well. She was extremely professional, a great communicator, and handled everything that came her way. She helped with so much including setting up decorations, greeting and directing all vendors and guests, answering all questions so my husband and I didn’t have to be bombarded throughout the day, solving any issues that came up, resolving confusion with my DJ placement and meal setting, and my last minute (literally an hour before the ceremony) decision to move the ceremony outside because we had a break in the rain! Not only did she handle it all, she did so with extreme professionalism and grace. She knew how important my planned entrance was for us which required an outdoor ceremony and she made sure it happened. This was the most memorable aspect of our wedding and she helped pull it off despite the weather stress! She also improved on many of my set up and decoration ideas and ensured everything was as we discussed for the reception and ceremony! You can’t go wrong with Jen and I would highly recommend her to anyone!
    Linda Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jennifer did a fantastic job with our wedding! We interviewed 3 different planners and she was by far the most personable and knowledgeable. We decided to hire her for the "Day of" Services, were she hopped on board about a month before our wedding.Our personalities meshed right away and I found myself wanting to hug her and hang out with her!
    We had a small wedding at our home and she visited the property a couple of times. Made suggestions when I wanted it and was brutally honest with things that either wouldn't work or wasn't realistic-which I love. Her assistant was fantastic and she took care of absolutely everything the day of our wedding. Fun and professional- Kudos to you Otto Events!
illustration stars