Orpheus and Aphrodite Music and Photography Reviews

66 Reviews for Orpheus and Aphrodite Music and Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

66 Orpheus and Aphrodite Music and Photography Reviews

Madelaine · Married on 10/15/2016

Book them! When other bands were to afraid to take on our non-amplified reception, this band stepped up with enthusiasm to do something outside the box. Kris was really helpful at figuring out all the specifics and had a variety of unique instruments to choose from...we had a dobro and mandolin at our party. We had a 5 member band with a female singer, which is something I really, really wanted. BoG was able to play music we like that maybe isn't traditional at weddings (kind of folk/blues kind of stuff) but then played classics everyone knew the words to and got our people that are usually quite reserved and not much for dancing on the dance floor. We've received so many compliments from all different age groups on this band. One great thing about acoustic is that it's still loud enough to dance to, but you can be in the same room as the music and have a conversation, at least if it's Band of Gold. Didn't know that before bc I'd never been to an acoustic reception. Seriously, get in touch with Kris, book Band of Gold.

carrie · Married on 07/16/2016

You must book this band! My guests complimented this band more than anything else at my wedding. They played great music, they're versatile, and professional. They even let my husband play the drums for one of the last songs of the night; Band of Gold really helped make our night unforgettable.

Cindy · Married on 07/09/2016

This band was amazing! They played at my daughters wedding and the dance floor was full the entire night. Their sound is amazing and they know how to select the songs that fit the crowd. Kris was so easy to work with. There wasn't once that I tried to call or get in touch with him that I didn't hear back from him before the day was over.

Kris Bayne and his band have been so fabulous to work with so far! After the open house they had, my fiance' said that he didn't need to look any further! They sounded great, are super friendly and are extremely responsive. Can't wait for April 30..... Thanks Kris!
    **UPDATE**
    I cannot say enough positive words about this band!!! Our guests are still raving about how awesome they were and are planning to go see them live at their next public show! The dance floor was packed all night and we couldn't be happier. Kris and his band are the nicest people and can ROCK a wedding! They play a great mix of older and newer songs, plus the lighting and ambiance they provide is top notch (something I really wasn't even expecting!). Go book Band of Gold NOW.... before you miss out!

Kris Bayne and the Band of Gold were absolutely spectacular at our wedding on December 19th! The music and their energy was perfect! Our family and guests had an amazing time- we couldn't have asked for any more- THANK YOU BAND OF GOLD!

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

Wow! Absolutely amazing! Kris and Band of Gold were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! So many of our guests commented multiple times on how perfect the band was. My husband and I are constantly reminiscing about how much fun we had at the reception. Kris was so easy to work with and responded to my emails very quickly. The best part was the band learning a song that my husband had written for me and surprising him by playing it as our first dance song. That moment was so beautiful and so perfect. It was such a blessing to have them be a part of that special moment. The musicians are so talented and the singers are amazing. I could write for hours on how much we loved Band of Gold! You will not be disappointed with them!!!

Tony · Married on 05/16/2015

We couldn't be more happy with our choosing of Band of Gold for our wedding reception. They came from Atlanta to perform in Charleston and they rocked our world for nearly 6 hours. They kept everyone on the dance floor and made the party a memorable one. Their sound is amazing but what I enjoyed most about them is how great they were to work with. They are such great guys/and gal and Kris pulls everything together and is exceptional at running the business side of things. You can spend $6-$8k on a band for your wedding or you can pay half and let these guys blow all of them away. Thanks again Band of Gold! You rocked it!

Tiana · Married on 03/07/2015

I loved working with Terrilyn! She is an amazing photographer and did a great job at my wedding. She captured many priceless moments at the beautiful Vines Mansion. Her incredible work ethic and great attitude made it very easy to work with her. I definitely recommend her services to anyone in need of a photographer.

Kris and Band of Gold were wonderful! We received so many compliments throughout the night on the amazing music, and they had everyone out on the dance floor the entire evening! Band of Gold also provided our ceremony music, which was beautiful, and they were awesome to work with on customizing the night to hear our favorites and special requests. Thanks for making our wedding day/night so much fun for everyone!

Our DJ Keith was awesome and super personable! Keith helped us make our party an absolute blast and night to remember! Terrilyn was also incredible at coordinating everything and capturing the most magical moments! We have only seen a preview and we are already so impressed!!! We love this company!!!

• User3112018 · 2+ years ago

I could not have more GREAT things to say about BAND OF GOLD and our experience with them. Everyone loved them and all of our interactions with Kris were wonderful! I'm sad it's over! LOVE this band and would recommend them to anyone for anything! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Ellen · Married on 05/11/2013

There is no better band to have at your wedding! All of our friends and family raved about the quality of music and over all fun vibe they gave to our wedding! I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a fun,professional,flexible and talented band!

• kristie

kristie · Married on 04/27/2013

Orpheus And Aphrodite is one of a kind! We used them for both the band and photography and were so thankful that we did!

First, Band of Gold was one of the best bands I have ever heard at a wedding. I was not sure what I wanted played, all I knew was I wanted the crowd (both young and old) to dance and have fun. I left it in Kris's hands and he took care of everything. Everyone was dancing and having a great time, including my 82 year old grandmother who Kris took the time to personally serenade. I requested a few songs for our first and last dance and the band learned them perfectly making those moments so special for us. For days after the wedding, we had all our friends and family commenting on how great the band was.

We also booked the photography with Terrilyn at Orpheus And Aphrodite. She was amazing, capturing every moment of our wedding to make sure that we have the pictures of a lifetime. She took the time to learn our families and the most important shots for us. She made the entire night seamless while still capturing every moment. She was so easy to work with during the wedding and was put everyone at ease. She also had a sneak peak of the pictures up within 48 hours of the event. I was STUNNED to see the pictures,I literally felt like I was looking at a magazine. I cannot wait to see the rest of my pictures because I know I will never be able to choose between them for our book.

We would recommend Orpheus And Aphrodite over and over again. Working with both Kris and Terrilyn is the way to go. They make the whole wedding process so easy by leading you through all of the things you need to think about. We also live out of state and they accommodated our schedule every time we were in town. We can’t say enough about these two and can’t say thank them enough for making our day so special!

Keith · Married on 04/20/2013

I am not casual with valuing the services of others. Being said, Kris and Band of Gold are consummately professional, great musicians and a boat load of fun! Not only a band, but incredible master of ceremonies, gifted in letting the moment of celebration and principals carry the day. A little too good on value, as their cost of service is certain to go up- so you better hurry and sign them!

Pandelee · Married on 03/30/2013

We contracted with Band of Gold to play at our daughter's wedding. All I can say is "awesome"! Kris was so easy to work with from the planning stage to the performance. The band played easy listening music at the beginning of the reception while guests ate, and then the party started. High energy and great music. By the end of the evening, everyone was on the dance floor. Thank you to Band of Gold for making this a wonderful and memorable evening for the bride and groom!

Ashley · Married on 03/23/2013

This band is friendly, professional and talented! They were very flexible and made our day feel easy and elegant! We had many guests come up to us to say how awesome the band was. They also had people dancing...at a day wedding, no less! Truly a wonderful experience. Hire this band today!

J. W. and Debbie · Married on 03/02/2013

Band of Gold was everything we could have hoped for in a band for our daughter's wedding reception. They corresponded with us several times before the wedding to make sure that they knew the type of music we preferred and any special song requests we had. They discussed setup, lighting, etc., with us several weeks before the event. Kris made sure that we sent a list of the wedding parties' names so that he would be sure to pronounce them correctly when he announced the wedding party at the reception. Music was perfect--easy listening during dinner with dance music afterwards that got everyone on the floor and kept the party lively and fun for all--great musicians and singers. We had many compliments on the band after the wedding. After communicating with Kris, I felt confident that the band was one item I did not have to worry about for the evening. I would use them again and would recommend them to my friends!

Caroline · Married on 01/19/2013

Dancing and FUN were huge priorities for our wedding, and Band of Gold had the dance floor rocking the ENTIRE night. We had 80yr old grandparents having a blast and some surprise performances from my now-brother-in-law! When our reception ended, people didn't want to leave. 2 attendees (college age) even reported that it was the most fun they'd had in their entire lives -- incredible!

The band leader Kris was great to work with: flexible, great recommendations. Their song list is huge (don't forget to download their FULL list on their website), and they even learned 2 songs that we requested. Not only that, they were so friendly and had a jam session with our family friend who improvised on the sax. A truly talented and energetic group! THANK YOU!

James · Married on 01/19/2013

I'm writing this review nine months after the wedding, but we still haven't stopped talking about how great the music was. Kris and his crew did a fantastic job, including learning 2 or 3 new songs just for our wedding that I specifically requested. I would say to anyone considering them, definitely go with Band of Gold! Super reliable - they really delivered on our wedding.

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/06/2012

Terrilyn did a fabulous job. She managed what could have been awkward family situations with finesse .

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2012

We chose the 8 piece band (Band of Gold), and they were amazing! We asked them to play about 7 songs for our hora (Jewish wedding), and people told us this was the best hora ever! They learned several of the songs for our wedding, and they did them very well with lots of energy--the dance floor was packed! We were so impressed with their hora! They also did a jazz band for the cocktail hour, and they did a great job at this playing the songs we picked out. Also, the band was never so loud that people couldn't hear each other--this is a must at a wedding! It has to be just the right volume so people can still socialize and talk--and they provided just the right volume. Also, they played dinner music. Even though we had a sit down dinner, people were still getting up to dance to songs on the dance floor! And then they played more upbeat dance/party music. We loved their versatility. We gave them a list of songs we liked and that's what they played. Everyone was asking us who is this band! They were fabulous and come highly recommended!

Matt · Married on 08/11/2012

There's not a better band in Atlanta. Period. They can do it all, on any scale.

Kris even responded to my e-mails while the band was on vacation, just to be sure we felt comfortable and informed!

They have a playlist a mile long and even learned a song for a special request for the "Father/Son Guitar Jam" that we did. They're masters at "reading" the crowd to ensure the right mood is kept, and everyone keeps dancing and has a good time.

Look no further for your wedding band...seriously.

-Brooke and Matt

Maribeth · Married on 05/26/2012

Band of Gold is amazing!!! We had such a great time and it was all due to BOG. They knew the right songs to play to get people up and dancing. They were professional and flexible and sounded great. We had to make some last minute changes that flowed seamlessly. I would highly recommend BOG, they were so accommodating and a pleasure to work with.

Ashlyn · Married on 04/07/2012

I cant help but give these wonderful people all 5 star's! They made our wedding day so special, and were so prepared for the day that we did not have to worry about anything! We used them for photography and Band of Gold. When looking through my photographs I was laughing AND crying - she captured the day SO perfectly that I was taken back to our wedding by just looking at the pictures. Band of Gold kept the party going and everyone told us how much they loved them and were entertained by them. I will always recommend them to EVERYONE for any events they need photography or music. THEY ARE WONDERFUL! :)