18 Reviews for Orchid Weddings & Events

Timelines (1)
To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
18 Orchid Weddings & Events Reviews

Carrie was exactly what we needed! We did DIY for mostly everything leading up the the big day but she helped execute everything! We could have not had the perfect wedding without her! She is exactly what ever bride needs.

Profile Picture Bethany , 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carrie was outstanding. We used her for "day of" coordinating and we truly could not of done this without her. She made the day sooooo easy and stress free for my bride and I.

Profile Picture Brett, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie was absolutely wonderful. We hired her for the Orchid Bud Package which included two meetings the month of the wedding and day of coordination. She is worth every penny. She thought of everything the day of our wedding and took care of things before I had to ask. She is excellent. Very professional, but down to earth which is exactly who we wanted for our wedding day! Thank you Carrie so much for making our day so perfect!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie did an incredible job meeting with us before hand to guide the best use of our planning time, and an even better job the day of managing our families and keeping trouble away from our happy day. I would recommend her to any and everyone!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If the money is in their budget, I would encourage every couple to contact this vendor! I was able to be so calm and enjoy my wedding knowing that she had everything under control. She provided everything we discussed and more, and was fun to work with.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie was a superstar. She held down everything that day. I did not have to worry about anything, she just juggled all of the vendors, guests, and my crazy bridal party like a champ. I am so glad that we decided to book her, next to my new husband, she was the best best decision I made about my wedding. Thank you so much Carrie for all of your time, effort, and patience.

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie is an amazing planner. Super organized and so much help! She made my day perfect in every way. Before the wedding day she was always willing to email and meet up to talk over planning. She hit my vision on the head and I would recommend her to anyone who is getting married. Her work is excellent.

Profile Picture Valya, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie was absolutely phenomenal! She was incredibly organized and always answered emails within minutes anytime I sent an email. I would recommend a wedding planner, because I didn't have to worry about any details or confirming with any vendors and could just enjoy myself. She set up everything, communicated with everyone so I could just relax the days before, and settled nerves and family dynamics the day of. It was so reassuring knowing I was in such great hands. All my friends have loved her so much that she has done multiple of my friends weddings as well

Profile Picture Sheila , 4/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Carrie was fantastic. She kept us on schedule with regular check-ins and checklists, and on the big day was there whenever we needed something. Throughout the evening she kept kept things running smoothly, from the moment she checked in with us at our hotel until the last vendor was paid at the end of the night. Her services were invaluable, and we couldn't imagine our wedding day without her by our side, making sure that every last detail was taken care of. We highly recommend Orchid Weddings and Events. Carrie is the best!

Profile Picture Frank, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie is a great planner to work with! Not only does she communicate well, but has great ideas to help your vision for your wedding to come to life.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The best advice we received when we were planning our wedding was to hire a day of coordinator! At the time, my fiancee and I were planning our wedding in Lake Forest, Illinois all the way from NYC where we reside. After 14 months of meticulous planning, we needed someone to ensure all those little details are executed. We used the 'Orchid Bud' package.

Carrie did an amazing job taking care of and executing logistical details on our wedding day. From creating individual timelines for the entire wedding party to keep everyone on track, making last minute changes on seating arrangements, directing ceremony musicians where to set up, distributing gratuities to vendors, to coordinating with our venue manager, Carrie was there to take care of it. There are honestly so many other things behind the scenes happening that you as a bride or groom will not want to worry about on your wedding day.

We had guests coming up to us at the end of the night saying they've never been to a wedding so perfectly organized! Everything flowed so smoothly from the walk down the aisle to the last dance of the evening. Carrie, we thank you for making our day truly special and absolutely stress-free!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was MOH for my sister, Jennifer, when she got married and assisted my sister with planning and the entire process. According to my sister, "Carrie was so helpful and resourceful to me on my wedding day and throughout my wedding plans". One of the things Carrie helped us with was my sister really wanted a photo booth - Carrie helped us think of, find, and make creative and fun props to use so we didn't spend a fortune on the idea. Carrie also made all the wedding programs, and instructions that were on the tables helping to direct the guests. My sister said that "Carrie is very good at being creative and crafty and really makes any stressful project seem pretty simple and not costly, but still beautiful and not cheap looking". I worked very hard to make my sisters day special, and Carrie took a lot of pressure off by running around and keeping things running smoothly. My sister felt comfortable telling Carrie what she was looking for and needed help with. My sister describes Carrie as "always positive and full of energy. I don't think my sister and I realized how helpful it is to have someone on your wedding day to take on all those details. We would both recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carrie was a great help to me when I got married. One of the wonderful things about working with Carrie is her ability to listen to your ideas and figure out a way to make it work with budget in mind. For example, I wanted to buy basic roses and make my own flower arrangements for my wedding to cut costs and Carrie helped me find a DIY method that was achievable and beautiful. I also appreciated Carrie's attention to detail. When helping me design my programs, she takes all aspects into account (font options, layout, wording) and ties in ways to make it personal at the same time. On the day of my wedding, it was nice to have someone else that was willing to run around and take care of minor (or major) details for me. It allowed for me to relax and enjoy my own wedding! Carrie was wonderful about making sure I was clued in on decisions and plans but also able to have fun and focus on my guests. Overall, Carrie is wonderful to work with and will help make your wedding day what you want it to be.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/30/07, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ihave no idea how Carrie managed to be in control of everything and everywhere without anyone noticing. From our initial calls through packing the bus at the end of the night, she was with me every step of the way. She took the time to understood my vision, my priorities and keep me sane the day of my wedding. She was extremely organized and helpful and it was such a comfort to have here there. I was really able to enjoy my day knowing that someone was else was checking on everything and that everything would be perfect.

I think many brides (myself included) feel like they can do it all themselves. Here is the truth: you can't and you should get Carrie to help you. If you really want to relax and enjoy the day with your family, friends and new spouse, just hire Carrie to take care of it all.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Religious

After hearing from others that a day of coordinator was a don’t skip choice when planning a wedding, we found Orchid Weddings & Events and selected the Orchid Bud package for month of planning. We had spent a lot of time designing the details of our day and we wanted to ensure that everything was executed smoothly on the day of but also not put us in the position of having to coordinate or worry about that execution. Carrie did a great job. During our meetings with her the month before she asked about logistics we had not thought of and replied quickly when we would email her with questions. She set up everything perfectly on the day of and was very professional, keeping everyone and everything on track. Throughout the evening she was overseeing the activities and always available to answer questions or help control family.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/4/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

From the first time we chatted on the phone, I could tell Carrie was extremely well organized, sweet and passionate about wedding planning. She can handle anything that comes her way, and can do it with grace and flexibility. She always has budget in mind, but balances that with the bride and groom's vision and dream for their wedding. She was essential during my planning process.

And on my actual wedding day, I couldn't have done it without her. She handled problems that arose and didn't even tell me so that she could keep me stress-free. She coordinated with every vendor and worked through last-minute issues and setup. And she did all of this while being 8 months pregnant! She also brought an assistant along to make sure everything would run smoothly (it did).

My family and friends all said how impressive she was on the day of our wedding. I echo that. My fiance and I loved working with her from start to finish. :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/12/15, 3 Reviews
4.7

Carrie was an AMAZING wedding planner! I had the lowest category she offered plus she let me add a few detail oriented things from the other categories for the same price . She was very reasonably priced just under 1000. I would highly recommend her to future brides and would consider using her again for other parties if she ventures out from weddings.

A bonus is she is still helping me out with things even after the wedding is all over, and is wonderful at handling any problems that come up.

Profile Picture Margaret, 5/22/15, 3 Reviews