Orange Restoration Labs Reviews

133 | Orange, CT

133 Reviews for Orange Restoration Labs

Amanda Schneider · Getting married on 12/08/2020

A great experience for a special memory!

When I was first looking for a restoration venue to clean and pack away my dress, I didn't have to shop far. I was very impressed with the reviews on Orange Restoration Labs and when I reached out the response was immediate within 1 hour. The intake is done at her home and the dress is then taken to her store. It was ready within a few short weeks. I appreciated being able to look at the dress and inspect it before paying and before it was packed away. This ensured (1) it was done correctly, (2) it was my dress and (3) you see the care, time and dedication Sally uses for all dresses. It is her passion and while the price is a little high, it is worth the price.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks so much, Amanda. It's a beautiful gown, and the belt you added was the perfect touch! And your veil was the perfect one to go with the belt.

Pam Newton-Coombs · Married on 11/08/2019

Restored my vintage tiara and evaluated my vintage wedding gown.

Orange Restoration restored my vintage tiara (circa 1957 from my parents’ wedding) so my daughter could wear it. This required cleaning the pearls, replacing missing rhinestones and re-shaping the crown. She did a wonderful job and took special care not to let the wire frame rust. I was very pleased with the results. She also evaluated my Mom’s wedding gown and gave her honest opinion that it didn’t need the color restored as it was in very good shape. I appreciated her honesty.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So glad you are pleased with the tiara and hope you will
    share some photos after the wedding. Would love to see how it all went
    together.

Carol Clark · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding gown is fully restored, beautiful again!

My daughter hoped to wear my mother's 75 year old wedding gown. The satin had darkened quite a bit but, it is sentimental for us. My older sister wore it, I wore it and now, my daughter will be the 4th bride to wear it.
    Sally treated a matching headpiece first, to allay our fears about what the original color would look like. Sally expected candlelight white and she was absolutely correct. She restored the dress to its original beauty. We're delighted!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

I, too, was delighted to be part of your family's wonderful tradition. The gown is absolutely beautiful and very close to the style of today's gowns with sleeves. Thanks for trusting us to care for it.

Krysta · Married on 09/28/2019

Sally is beyond amazing, her responsiveness with email is wonderful. Her work speaks for itself! I had brought her my grandmothers gown (in a box for 60+ years yellowed, all the lace was 'crunchy') Sally worked her magic and it is like a brand new dress! I highly highly recommend Orange Restorations Labs for any of your wedding dress needs!

Thank you again!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Truly delighted you are pleased. Love the lace panels on the front of your gown!

Brian · Married on 09/14/2019

Another satisfied customer.

Sally at Orange Restoration Labs was highly recommended by a friend, and we are pleased to add ourselves to the long list of satisfied customers who would highly recommend her. Our daughter's dress was beautifully cleaned, wine stains and all! She also perfectly trimmed a torn edge to her veil. Sally's expertise, responsiveness and meticulous attention to detail were impressive and appreciated. It was a pleasure working with her. Our daughter also appreciated the opportunity to see her dress, veil and special memories being packed with such care. A great experience all around.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you very much. Truly makes it all worthwhile when you are pleased! And that scrap of torn veil is going to a good cause. It will be the perfect support for a mend on that 100-year-old christening gown I mentioned.

Lydia Zewde · Married on 07/26/2019

I’m so happy

They are so professional and they do an amazing job with a very reasonable price. I live in M.D and they clean my gown within 2 days and ship back. My gown looks brand new. Thank you Sally.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you for a lovely review. With your wedding date so close, you had very little time to spare, and we are glad we could help.

Carolina · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding gown clean

My wedding gown looked brand new when I picked it up! I was amazed by the great work that was done, I didn’t think it would have came out so clean ! Sally was very kind, nice, and caring she knew how much my dress meant to mean and made sure she took good care of her. I highly recommend using this company for your wedding dress cleaning!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks, Carolina, for your very kind review. We process lots and lots of gown but we care for them one at a time to be sure each one is as clean and perfect as it can possibly be. Very happy you are pleased with yours.

Nancy Dagostino · Married on 04/08/2019

Expertise puts your mind at ease

Sally at Orange Labs is an expert in wedding gown restoration, cleaning and storage. My daughter wanted to wear her grandmother's wedding gown and lace veil but they were in need of restoration and cleaning as they had both yellowed and had stains. My daughter-in-law suggested we call Sally because she had her dress restored by Sally after her local dry cleaner had ruined the dress in the cleaning process leaving it with water marks and yellow spots. Sally did an amazing job cleaning my daughter-in-law's dress so when it was time to restore grandma's dress and veil, of course, we went to Sally. Sally is meticulous in her work and has perfected the process of restoration. Grandma was thrilled to see that her wedding gown and veil looked just like it did decades ago. Thank you Sally and Orange Labs.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So lovely when a family treasures its heritage! So pleased the original bride was happy, too. All best,
    Sally

Ann W · Married on 01/03/2019

So happy with result

I brought my daughter's heavily soiled [ she enjoyed the after party in her gown !] to Sally and she reassured me it was not a lost cause. The gown was perfect when I picked it up. Incredible value as well.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks so much, Ann! Truly unique bodice, and I am very happy you were pleased. Hope all the moving goes smoothly!
  • mtall912

Mary Lynn · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing service

They did a great job preserving my wedding dress. Everything looked amazing boxed up as well, the care they take in packing it is amazing to see.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review--so helpful to other brides--and I am delighted you were so pleased! All best,
    Sally

Shari · Married on 10/08/2018

Absolutely Wonderful Dress Cleaning

Sally and Orange Restoration Labs are wonderful! It was so easy to schedule a time to drop off and pick up my dress from her location in Orange. She and her team did a fabulous job getting the black dirt stains out of my wedding gown hem and allowing me to inspect it before packing it with care in front of me. They offset their Carbon footprint which is a bonus. I'm completely satisfied with how Sally got my dress back to looking like new when I thought I had ruined it. I highly recommend Orange Restoration.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So glad you are happy with your gown! And thanks so much for sharing your photos with us. Love your chuppah!

Alison · Married on 10/05/2018

Attention to Detail

I was so pleased with the way Orange Restoration Labs treated my wedding gown. A year after my wedding, I finally got around to preserving my gown. It is something I won’t regret doing, as I know I can look at my gown for years to come, confident in its preserved and pristine condition. Sally cleaned and packaged my gown, and the box even has a little window for me to look through so I can see the lovely beading on my dress. I recommend Orange Restoration Labs for any and all of your gown preservation needs!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you, Alison. I very much enjoyed working with you and your gown. You are right. The beading is very special!

Peggi · Married on 08/18/2018

If you want quality workmanship; if you want to work with a professional; if you want superior service; if you want to work with someone who will move heaven and earth to make it happen - then you want Sally Conant at Orange Restoration Labs. From the very first time I sent an inquiry email to her to find out about having my only daughter's wedding dress pressed as it had traveled with her in her car several times during a move, Sally was supportive, willing to go out of her way to make it happen and very very good at what she does!! We did not know who to trust as we are not locals and I can tell you I am so very happy we took a chance. On her wedding day Sally personally delivered her dress and veil to our hotel and it was pressed and immaculate and had forms inserted to keep the shape of the dress as intended. Thank You Sally!! Mother of the Bride

Sent on 08/23/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

You are very welcome! It was the perfect dress for Nicola, and I am delighted we could help.
  • Nicole

Nicole Megale · Married on 07/28/2018

The Absolute BEST!!!!

PLEASE READ!! Lets start from the beginning. As my "something borrowed" I wanted to wear my mothers veil from my parents wedding. My parents got married in 1981, during that time you were able to smoke inside the venue, one of the guest was smoking a cigar. When my mom went to hug him, his cigar burned a hole right thru her veil. She never thought it would be able to be repaired because the veil was so delicate. Once I found my wedding dress, I asked the seamstress if she could/knew someone to restore my mothers veil. Eva from the dress store sent me to Sally at Orange Restoration. When I brought my veil to Sally it had a huge burn hole, it was yellowed from not being packaged correctly, and had water damage from a flood in our basement. She looked at it and explained what she needed to do and how she would fix it to make it perfect. Sally had to remove and reapply each applicate on the veil to cover up the burn hole. When I picked it up and brought it home to my mother, she couldn't believe how amazing it looked. Her exact words were, "It looks just like when Nanny (my grandma) bought it for my wedding." My mother and grandmother both cried in happiness.

Then the day came for my wedding, everyone couldnt believe how amazing my mothers veil looked from 1981 to 2018.

My wedding day was over so I went back and brought my dress with all my accessories (jacket, veil (w/ blusher, garder belt and hanger) to Sally to preserve everything. I was emailed that my dress was ready for pick up. We set the time and date, which they were EXTREMELY accommodating with. When I picked up my dress, I was able to see my dress cleaned before they boxed it. There is a women on site to package the dress right in front of you so you can see how it is done, and to make sure all your accessories are packaged as well. Sally, her husband Roger, and staff members are by far the BEST! I would recommend them to anyone that is looking and everyone I know!!!

I already sent 2 people there and they couldnt be happier!!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you, Nicole, for such a very nice review! I so enjoyed working with your veil, and it was lovely to see it with your gown afterward. Altogether it was a fun project, and I am delighted you were pleased!
  • F

Fiona · Married on 07/27/2018

Fantastic!

Taking my dress to Sally for preservation after my wedding was most definitely the best decision!Not only is Sally a wonderfully sweet,professional and amazingly lovely lady with brilliant stories, but her work is first class!I was able to take my dress to Sally where she explained the process, then I came back a few weeks later to collect it. Before Sally packed it into the box for me, I could see that all the stains were gone and it looked brand new! She is very thorough and I would absolutely recommend her services everytime. Thank you so much for your amazing work and it was so lovely to meet you Sally! :)

Sent on 10/22/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

I, too, enjoyed meeting you, Fiona, and hearing all about your tartan choice, your travels with your gown, and your husband's service in the Navy. Thanks again for choosing us!
  • Nicole

Nicole Korb · Married on 07/21/2018

Couldn't have asked for a more skilled person!

Sally is amazing! She is a true professional and takes pride in her work. Sally was very flexible with her schedule to accommodate when I could come to her. She takes great care in each wedding gown she works with. Sally is extremely knowledgeable and a delight to work with! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

I so appreciate your very kind review. Lovely gown! So happy you are pleased with it. When you have time I would love to have some photos to post on our website.

Anne · Married on 06/03/2018

I 100% recommend bringing your dress to Sally. I didn’t know where to bring my mom’s dress to be cleaned and am so happy I found Sally. The dress was cleaned quickly and for a fair price. And it looks great! Cannot wait to wear it!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

And I cannot wait for the photo of you wearing it!

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2018

Orange restoration was recommended by a bridal boutique where I purchased my veil. I had read a few reviews about Orange Restoration before the referral which put me at ease. Sally was great and so flexible she was able to work with my busy schedule and give me same day appointments, my all lace dress looked brand new and even better than I expected. I highly recommend orange restoration to any bride Sally is so welcoming and her prices are very fair! This was the most stress free process during my wedding planning so far!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks, Ashley. So pleased if I made the process a little less stressful for you. Hope at least some of it will be fun, too!

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2018

Sally was incredible! She was so easy to contact and work with when it came to my dress after my wedding. I brought my wedding dress and veil to her to be cleaned and preserved after reading her great reviews. She was fantastic when it came to scheduling drop off and pick up around what worked for me. I could not have been more pleased with how perfect my dress looked after being cleaned. Orange Restoration Labs does a fabulous job and I cannot recommend them enough to every bride that I talk with! Five stars is not enough for how great they are to work with.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Lovely, lovely review! Thank you so much!

rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

What a lovely, talented, and knowledgeable lady Sally is! I found her on WeddingWire and knew after reading the reviews that she would be the perfect person to go to to fix my stained crepe and delicate mesh/lace dress. She put me at ease immediately. She was very understanding that I was running late because of work, and saw me right away. One of the button covers had come off, and she came up with a great idea to take one from the bottom and move it up. Meticulous and professional!
    I did some research and for the cost, this is exceptional value.
    Very glad I had the opportunity to work with Sally. Thanks again!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Truly my pleasure, and I am delighted you were pleased!

Amy · Married on 10/22/2017

Sally at Orange Labs is phenomenal! I called her about a week after our wedding to have my dress and veil cleaned and preserved and she fit me in right away to see her. She looked over my dress and I noted a few small issues that I was curious if she could fix. The main thing being a hole in my full length veil! I wasn’t sure how it was going to be fixed but Sally assured me that they can fix it. I picked my dress and veil up this past weekend and I couldn’t be more happy! I looked over the veil and couldn’t even find the spot where she has mended the hole! I was blown away! My dress also looked as beautiful as the day I got it. Sally then packed away my dress in a box with a little window so I can see it whenever I want. I can’t say enough wonderful things about Sally! Thank you so much for taking extra special care of my dress!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Lovely veil--so happy you were pleased. Truly my pleasure!

Brittany · Married on 10/07/2017

Sally was wonderful to work with! She did a beautiful job cleaning and preserving my wedding gown - the dress was quite dirty and well loved. She even fixed some off the beading that had been coming off! I was able to inspect the dress before she packaged it and it looked brand new. She completed the cleaning and preserving in a very timely fashion as well and is very personable.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So happy you were pleased! Very different dress and fun to do as it was not something see every day.

Crystal · Married on 10/07/2017

I got married in Aruba where there was sand, dirt, makeup and even self tanning residue all over my dress. This dress looked brand new again after the care of Orange Restoration Labs! I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks! Perfect dress for a beach wedding, and I loved your veil.

Leanna · Married on 09/24/2017

We are so pleased with everything. Sally was a pleasure doing business with. Worth every penny. Very accommodating. Job well done!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Very much enjoyed meeting the two of you. Your husband's outfit was great--perfect complement to your gown!

Liz · Married on 09/15/2017

Orange Restoration Labs - a dream come for any bride! My tailor recommended them to me and I used them twice in the past few months- once pre- wedding and once post- wedding. Their prices are definitely the best for the quality of the service: fast shipping, perfect cleaning, pressing and bodice forming of my Vera Wang mermaid gown. My gown was lace with many tulle layers involved with the chapel train and it honestly looked better than new after their service! Loved their packaging and friendly service as well. My tailor told me they are also wonderful with beaded/ jeweled gowns. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Love the photos! What a wonderful surprise! And thanks so much for your very kind review. Delighted you were pleased.