Orange Restoration Labs Reviews

145 | Orange, CT

145 Reviews for Orange Restoration Labs

Niki · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Wedding gown cleaning

After wearing my wedding gown for my small intimate wedding ceremony this year, my dress had dirt stains on the bottom of the dress. Because I will be wearing it again next year for my larger ceremony, I needed my dress cleaned, and I am so happy I found Orange Restoration labs. My dress was cleaned in a reasonable amount of time and it looks as good as new. I would highly recommend for anyone looking to have their wedding gown cleaned

Sent on 01/05/2021

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Such a lovely review, thank you! Hope your second event this year happens exactly as planned--and that we will see you again afterward!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany S. · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Beautiful Work!

My grandmother gave me her veil from the sixties to wear at my wedding. I was unsure wear to take it because it is an heirloom.

One of the vintage wedding dress boutiques I shopped at recommended Orange Restoration, and I also saw the listing in a Connecticut wedding magazine. So I reached out via email.

Sally got back to me right away, and I brought her the veil the following week. She took care of the veil within a few weeks and she did an AMAZING job. There is no sign of the discoloration it had when I brought it to her, the veil is steamed free of wrinkles, and for an additional $25 she secured the veil to a metal comb for me.

Sally does beautiful, painstaking work and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/05/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Your veil is a lace called Princesse--probably made in Belgium--and I love working with this type of lace. Thanks so much for trusting me with such a special veil.

Caroline · Married on 12/09/2020

PERFECT, Impeccable Wedding and Gown Cleaning- LIKE NEW!!!

I trusted Orange Restoration with 100% confidence and am indebted for beyond exceptional cleaning/preservation results for 2 wedding gowns (1 to save for 2021, 1 -5 yrs old) and 4 bridesmaid gowns! The stains from an outdoor beach wedding and few 'dancing tears' vanished and each dress is better than brand new! Sally's lifetime expertise and experience, well beyond wedding gown restoration; restoring very old museum relics supported by her specialized PhD in a previous life and team's results driven proficiency based upon the latest science and evidence provides an unsurpassed foundation for perfection! Most importantly, Sally genuinely cares about each family and dress, co-inspected each dress with me and customized packaging for re-use or preservation. Her home office is warm; welcoming each patron as if they are her extended family- well beyond others in traditional settings. THANK YOU!!!!!!! Caroline and extended family

Sent on 12/03/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

You are so king! But I am delighted you were pleased with your gowns. Each was a slightly different challenge, and we are honored to be trusted with your family's lovely gowns.

Amanda S. · Married on 12/08/2020

A great experience for a special memory!

When I was first looking for a restoration venue to clean and pack away my dress, I didn't have to shop far. I was very impressed with the reviews on Orange Restoration Labs and when I reached out the response was immediate within 1 hour. The intake is done at her home and the dress is then taken to her store. It was ready within a few short weeks. I appreciated being able to look at the dress and inspect it before paying and before it was packed away. This ensured (1) it was done correctly, (2) it was my dress and (3) you see the care, time and dedication Sally uses for all dresses. It is her passion and while the price is a little high, it is worth the price.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks so much, Amanda. It's a beautiful gown, and the belt you added was the perfect touch! And your veil was the perfect one to go with the belt.

Jenny T. · Married on 11/07/2020

Wedding Dress Cleaning

I contacted Sally through my bridal shop and she was lovely! Very professional, flexible, and knowledgeable about wedding dress cleanings. Sally reassured me that my dress would be in good hands, and she delivered! I was concerned that my sample sale dress would not match my brand new veil, but rest assured Sally’s work did not disappoint! I cannot wait to get married this year in my beautifully cleaned and sparkling dress!

Sent on 08/30/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So happy for you that your sample gown perked up enough after cleaning to match your veil. Although we could have dyed the veil to match, what actually happened was so much better.

Lisa K. · Married on 10/10/2020

Highly recommend!

I couldn’t be happier with my experience at Orange Restoration Labs for preserving my wedding dress. It was quick, efficient and very easy. Thank you Sally for your expertise and professionalism!

Sent on 12/06/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

And thank you for trusting us with your lovely gown and veil. Your review is much appreciated. Truly a pleasure meeting you!
  • Gretchen

Gretchen W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Expert professional service

Personalized experience with museum-quality treatment of my gown. Sally from Orange Restoration Labs is an absolute expert when it comes to gown preservation and I wouldn't have trusted anyone else. The pricing was also very reasonable for the quality of service - she didn't even charge me for some minor tears and repairs. Definitely would recommend.

Sent on 12/30/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks so much for your very kind review. Amsale gowns are always made from beautiful fabrics, and your gown's decorated lace is gorgeous!
  • Marie

Marie B. · Married on 10/01/2020

Very happy!

I'm so glad that I found Orange Restoration Labs to clean my wedding dress! We had a small wedding this year and I was looking for somewhere to get my dress cleaned before wearing it again in 2021. I was worried about being able to find somewhere that I would trust working with my dress and I'm glad I found them online. Sally was very accommodating with when we were able to drop off/pick up the dress and was so knowledgeable. The bottom of my dress was a bit dirty from our outdoor wedding and walking around the property for pictures and it looks good as new now! We drove a little over an hour each way to drop off & pick up my dress and it was definitely worth the drive. I will be contacting Sally again after our second celebration in 2021!

Sent on 12/06/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you! I am so pleased you are happy with your gown! Such fun to be able to wear your gown twice!
  • Brianna

Brianna W. · Married on 08/15/2020

Wedding gown preservation

Sally was so pleasant and easy to work with in getting my wedding dress and shoes cleaned and preserved. She did such a wonderful job and was very thorough during the process. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/01/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Delighted you were pleased with your gown and shoes. And I so appreciate your review because I know how busy you are.

Morgan R. · Married on 08/08/2020

Top Notch!

Orange Restoration is top notch across the board. Our wedding gown came back just like new and we are even having a family christening gown restored by Sally! She is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about her work.

Sent on 12/27/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

I am very happy you are so pleased with your gown, and thank you again for trusting us with your christening gown. It is such a pleasure to work with vintage dresses. I only wish I had taken a photo before beginning the restoration process. It already looks so much brighter!

Laura G. · Married on 06/27/2020

Friendly & fast

Orange Restoration Labs preserved my wedding gown 26 years ago. So when it was time to do my daughter’s gown there was no where else I would consider taking it. They did a great job

Sent on 08/29/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Such a delight to know that your own preservation led you to choose us for your daughter's gown preservation. And she is just as lovely as you!

Alicia · Married on 12/14/2019

Wonderful!

Excellent job and very easy process! Would recommend to others!

Sent on 12/13/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was truly my pleasure. Your veil and gown were the perfect combination!

Pam N. · Married on 11/08/2019

Restored my vintage tiara and evaluated my vintage wedding gown.

Orange Restoration restored my vintage tiara (circa 1957 from my parents’ wedding) so my daughter could wear it. This required cleaning the pearls, replacing missing rhinestones and re-shaping the crown. She did a wonderful job and took special care not to let the wire frame rust. I was very pleased with the results. She also evaluated my Mom’s wedding gown and gave her honest opinion that it didn’t need the color restored as it was in very good shape. I appreciated her honesty.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So glad you are pleased with the tiara and hope you will
    share some photos after the wedding. Would love to see how it all went
    together.

Carol C. · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding gown is fully restored, beautiful again!

My daughter hoped to wear my mother's 75 year old wedding gown. The satin had darkened quite a bit but, it is sentimental for us. My older sister wore it, I wore it and now, my daughter will be the 4th bride to wear it.
    Sally treated a matching headpiece first, to allay our fears about what the original color would look like. Sally expected candlelight white and she was absolutely correct. She restored the dress to its original beauty. We're delighted!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

I, too, was delighted to be part of your family's wonderful tradition. The gown is absolutely beautiful and very close to the style of today's gowns with sleeves. Thanks for trusting us to care for it.

Krysta · Married on 09/28/2019

Sally is beyond amazing, her responsiveness with email is wonderful. Her work speaks for itself! I had brought her my grandmothers gown (in a box for 60+ years yellowed, all the lace was 'crunchy') Sally worked her magic and it is like a brand new dress! I highly highly recommend Orange Restorations Labs for any of your wedding dress needs!

Thank you again!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Truly delighted you are pleased. Love the lace panels on the front of your gown!

Brian · Married on 09/14/2019

Another satisfied customer.

Sally at Orange Restoration Labs was highly recommended by a friend, and we are pleased to add ourselves to the long list of satisfied customers who would highly recommend her. Our daughter's dress was beautifully cleaned, wine stains and all! She also perfectly trimmed a torn edge to her veil. Sally's expertise, responsiveness and meticulous attention to detail were impressive and appreciated. It was a pleasure working with her. Our daughter also appreciated the opportunity to see her dress, veil and special memories being packed with such care. A great experience all around.

Sent on 11/23/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you very much. Truly makes it all worthwhile when you are pleased! And that scrap of torn veil is going to a good cause. It will be the perfect support for a mend on that 100-year-old christening gown I mentioned.

Lydia Z. · Married on 07/26/2019

I’m so happy

They are so professional and they do an amazing job with a very reasonable price. I live in M.D and they clean my gown within 2 days and ship back. My gown looks brand new. Thank you Sally.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you for a lovely review. With your wedding date so close, you had very little time to spare, and we are glad we could help.

Andrew · Married on 06/23/2019

Highly recommend!

So great to work with Sally! High quality work at an affordable price!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Truly my pleasure! We know you have choices, and we thank you for choosing us to care for your lovely gown..

Carolina · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding gown clean

My wedding gown looked brand new when I picked it up! I was amazed by the great work that was done, I didn’t think it would have came out so clean ! Sally was very kind, nice, and caring she knew how much my dress meant to mean and made sure she took good care of her. I highly recommend using this company for your wedding dress cleaning!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks, Carolina, for your very kind review. We process lots and lots of gown but we care for them one at a time to be sure each one is as clean and perfect as it can possibly be. Very happy you are pleased with yours.

Nancy D. · Married on 04/08/2019

Expertise puts your mind at ease

Sally at Orange Labs is an expert in wedding gown restoration, cleaning and storage. My daughter wanted to wear her grandmother's wedding gown and lace veil but they were in need of restoration and cleaning as they had both yellowed and had stains. My daughter-in-law suggested we call Sally because she had her dress restored by Sally after her local dry cleaner had ruined the dress in the cleaning process leaving it with water marks and yellow spots. Sally did an amazing job cleaning my daughter-in-law's dress so when it was time to restore grandma's dress and veil, of course, we went to Sally. Sally is meticulous in her work and has perfected the process of restoration. Grandma was thrilled to see that her wedding gown and veil looked just like it did decades ago. Thank you Sally and Orange Labs.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So lovely when a family treasures its heritage! So pleased the original bride was happy, too. All best,
    Sally

Ann · Married on 01/03/2019

So happy with result

I brought my daughter's heavily soiled [ she enjoyed the after party in her gown !] to Sally and she reassured me it was not a lost cause. The gown was perfect when I picked it up. Incredible value as well.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thanks so much, Ann! Truly unique bodice, and I am very happy you were pleased. Hope all the moving goes smoothly!
  • mtall912

Mary L. · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing service

They did a great job preserving my wedding dress. Everything looked amazing boxed up as well, the care they take in packing it is amazing to see.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review--so helpful to other brides--and I am delighted you were so pleased! All best,
    Sally

Shari · Married on 10/08/2018

Absolutely Wonderful Dress Cleaning

Sally and Orange Restoration Labs are wonderful! It was so easy to schedule a time to drop off and pick up my dress from her location in Orange. She and her team did a fabulous job getting the black dirt stains out of my wedding gown hem and allowing me to inspect it before packing it with care in front of me. They offset their Carbon footprint which is a bonus. I'm completely satisfied with how Sally got my dress back to looking like new when I thought I had ruined it. I highly recommend Orange Restoration.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

So glad you are happy with your gown! And thanks so much for sharing your photos with us. Love your chuppah!

Alison · Married on 10/05/2018

Attention to Detail

I was so pleased with the way Orange Restoration Labs treated my wedding gown. A year after my wedding, I finally got around to preserving my gown. It is something I won’t regret doing, as I know I can look at my gown for years to come, confident in its preserved and pristine condition. Sally cleaned and packaged my gown, and the box even has a little window for me to look through so I can see the lovely beading on my dress. I recommend Orange Restoration Labs for any and all of your gown preservation needs!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

Thank you, Alison. I very much enjoyed working with you and your gown. You are right. The beading is very special!

Peggi · Married on 08/18/2018

If you want quality workmanship; if you want to work with a professional; if you want superior service; if you want to work with someone who will move heaven and earth to make it happen - then you want Sally Conant at Orange Restoration Labs. From the very first time I sent an inquiry email to her to find out about having my only daughter's wedding dress pressed as it had traveled with her in her car several times during a move, Sally was supportive, willing to go out of her way to make it happen and very very good at what she does!! We did not know who to trust as we are not locals and I can tell you I am so very happy we took a chance. On her wedding day Sally personally delivered her dress and veil to our hotel and it was pressed and immaculate and had forms inserted to keep the shape of the dress as intended. Thank You Sally!! Mother of the Bride

Sent on 08/23/2018

Orange Restoration Labs's reply:

You are very welcome! It was the perfect dress for Nicola, and I am delighted we could help.