DJ Escence Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Roy S. Married on 05/07/2022

Wedding DJ

I literally could not ask for a better DJ!

From planning, to set up, to covering every single thing we didn’t think of, Cesar is a true professional.

He listened to our ideas about music and ran with it.

He mixed music from different decades and cultures. The dance floor was full all night!

He came on time and prepared. We didn’t have to worry about a thing.

If you’re planning an event or something as special as a wedding I highly recommend you hire DJ essence!

DJ Escence's reply:

Thank You Roy, I appreciate you so much for the review. It was truly an honor being your DJ, I myself had a great time especially with your family and guest and being such party people. Blessing on your marriage and to many many more years…
  • Emanuel
    Emanuel R. Married on 03/13/2022

Everyone Danced, Everyone!

From someone that is a DJ himself and had a couple of DJ friends that were guests at our wedding, we can tell you that Cesar did an amazing job at our wedding. Everyone danced, EVERYONE!

Cesar has an effective approach to consulting how you want music to be played at your wedding. He asks what songs to be played for the key moments such as bridal party, bouquet toss, etc. and you can have fun with it. He knows when to transition out of songs people might not be feeling (he knows how to read a crowd like a real DJ). What is really important that helps even more is knowing what YOU want for your wedding, ask questions and even know what you don't want. I am 27 years old and about 80% of the guests were too and one thing we don't like is hearing club DJ's play songs such as Yeah by Usher or easy-to-go songs that are outdated to us, BUT with the other 20% being older family and being Latino, Cesar knew how to balance both songs that can hype the younger crowd and the classic Spanish bangers that could make everyone dance.

He played I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas as the ending song and I don't think me and my friends have ever been that happy dancing to a song that both reminded us of our youth when we first heard it in high school to now celebrating as adults growing up with one of the most memorable events we could experience, getting married. Great price, great music, great memories - that's what you'll get from DJ Escence!
    Ere L. Married on 02/05/2022

Awesome DJ!

Cesar did great at our wedding! Throughout our planning process he was always very engaged with us and very responsive at all times. He'll go the extra mile to make sure your wedding goes just as you envision it. And most importantly... he will get everyone dancing on that dance floor the day of your event! Awesome DJ! Thank you Cesar.

DJ Escence's reply:

Thank You Ere, your wedding was truly one for the books! Everything from the live band to the exit on a carriage at the end was incredibly awesome. Wishing you and Gary nothing but the best! And congratulations on the addition to the family ❤️
  • ANDREA
    Andrea B. Married on 08/20/2021

Cesar is amazing! Feel like we made a friend for life!

So appreciated Cesar. Covid made us reschedule 3 times and he was right there with us every step of the way always encouraging and accommodating! Thankful for the pre-gaming of all the songs and scheduling. Made our day! He totally made the ceremony flow perfect and oh what fun we had at the reception! From the up-lighting that set the mood to the monogram of our name of course music never stopped and his personality bringing everyone to the floor! I would do it all over again....exactly the same! Thank you so much Cesar!
  • Stacey
    Stacey A. Married on 10/24/2020

Best and Most Ethical DJ EVER!

I don't have enough words to describe how AMAZING Cesar is. Truly some of the best words to describe him as is ethical and awesome. We had previously booked him with a security deposit for our 110 people wedding (ceremony and reception) and COVID happened. First we thought we were only going to do a small ceremony on a different day and last min notice. This meant we would have only needed him for like an hour or so, we were thinking it probably wouldn't be an option because we were reaching out too late. Being the ethical person he is, he said he was available and happy to do it! At the end, we ended up having a 25 people wedding ceremony and reception and I can promise you it would not have been as perfect if we would've had a different DJ.
    For the ceremony- I sent him the different songs I wanted, they were mostly cover versions of songs, and LITERALLY every single one was EXACTLY the one I wanted.

For the reception- the vibe was amazing! His love and effort he puts into his craft and our wedding was like no other. Honestly, it feels like we would've known him for years. He really is outstanding!

If you are wondering whether to book him or not, don't think any longer- DO IT! He is worth every penny! Such a cool, respectful and responsible guy.

Thank you SOOOOO much Cesar. Our 25 people wedding felt so full of life and happiness and a lot of that is thanks to you!! Forever grateful!
  • Monique C.
    Monique Married on 08/29/2020

Excellent DJ!

Cesar was a pleasure to have as our wedding DJ! He did a phenomenal job our family and friends loved him as well. He kept the dance floor packed all night. He is flexible and responds promptly to all emails. He is a true talent!
    Cynthia Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing DJ and Experience!

Thank you Cesar for being part of our amazing day! If you are looking for a DJ that will work with you to ensure you have a perfect day Cesar is your guy. He is professional and great at communicating via text or email or voice which is something extremely important. He was also flexible and joined us for our venue walkthrough to ensure all went well. I appreciated the fact that he took the time to get to know my husband and I and delivered just what we wanted on our wedding day in terms of music and vibe. He is bilingual and great at reading the crowd to keep the party going. Lastly, his adds of monograms and up lighting are fantastic and really set the ambiance. Book him you wont regret it.
    Janet R. Married on 07/06/2019

Awesome DJ

My husband and I just got married on July 6 and were worried about how to hire a DJ. We heard about Cesar from our wedding coordinator. We were looking for someone that could mix and balance Latin Music and American music well. He did not disappoint! We didn't even know where to start with what type of music but Cesar provided a template to help us get started. We sent him our lists of songs we wanted and he made the night flow well by adjusting the playlists to keep our guests on the dance floor. When it came to our introduction for the evening he made us feel comfortable and was there personally to help us through. Cesar did a great job of adjusting when we deviated from our schedule. At the end, he he handled our "send off" and it was the most magical and warm way to head off into our honeymoon. Overall it was a pleasure and comfort knowing we had someone professional and warm to handle something as important as our music. Thank you so much Cesar for helping and being a part of our wedding!
    Viviana Married on 05/25/2019

Epic! Best DJ ever

I don't even know where to start with this review. Cesar was absolutely remarkable to work with. Ultimately, he delivered more than was expected. He helped with a slide show my husband made for me, and he had EVERYONE on the dance floor all night! Our wedding was so fun thanks to his talent of getting the party going. Thank you so much Cesar, we cant wait to have you DJ all our future events!

DJ Escence's reply:

I’m speechless... Thank You for trusting me on your big day!!! It was truly a great night and Thank You to your guest for making it sooooo fun and memorable... It was such an epic night because I had so much fun as well!!!
    Emma Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Experience!

Cesar did an amazing job at our wedding! We enjoyed every second and Cesar worked with us really well. He was extremely helpful in the process and was always so kind with my tardiness (haha!). The dancing portion of the wedding is one of my favorite parts looking back at my wedding and that is all because of Cesar! We wish we could relive it over and over!
    Steve P. Married on 03/30/2019

Cesar was awesome

Cesar was awesome. He was professional and did a great job in gauging the quest. He kept us rockn all night long. Not a dull moment. Thank you Cesar
    Bobby W. Married on 01/10/2019

Cesar is great! Highly recommended.

Cesar DJ'd our wedding. It was a pleasure to work w/ Cesar from day one. Cesar was responsive, patient, and professional from the first interaction we had online, to meeting up in person to go over what services he was able to provide, to walking us through each step towards having a successful wedding music playlists from per-ceremony, all the way up to reception dinner. There were times where we couldn't respond in timely manner, but Cesar was patient through it all and still delivered. Cesar worked great w/ our coordinator, venue, and even our live singer. Thank you so much, Cesar! Highly recommended.
    Catherine Married on 12/21/2018

This man is amazing! A man of many talents...

DJ Escence was so flexible. I’m particular about the music choice but he accepted my list and created a phenomenal playlist to party the night away! My guests were impressed and my groom was having a great time! I highly recommend DJ Escence’s magic to any bride and groom that want to have the best night.

DJ Escence's reply:

You guys are awesome!!! You and your guest came out to enjoy the night and party hard... I am thankful for the opportunity and I’m beyond happy I was able to give you guys a night to remember... Thank You and Congratulations Mr & Mrs Alsop...
    Eddie K. Married on 11/10/2018

The Best DJ

Cesar was the best DJ we could have asked for. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and made everything really easy for us. He is very professional, and knows how to make everyone at the party have fun. He is a master at his craft, so all you need to do is tell him a little of what you have in mind, and he will finish the rest and exceed your expectations. The uplighting, custom monogram, and the fog machine came out so beautifully. You will not regret choosing Cesar as your DJ at all.
    Eileen F. Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible

I would get married all over again just to continue dancing the night away . Cesar exceeded all our expectations, from our first initial meeting, to his response in emails and his execution in perfecting each moment. He made our songs and moments significant . His attention to detail is admirable and all our guests danced the night away . He definitely demonstrates that he cares about your wedding day from beginning to end ! Thanks Cesar !
    Saul G. Married on 11/03/2018

Happiest day of my life!

Cesar was professional and really knows what he is doing, he is great at his profession and made our special day even more special. Providing the samples and timelines was very helpful. Once we have him our playlists he knew exactly what to do. Alll of our guests were very happy and enjoyed the night. I would definitely recommend Cesar to anyone.
    Luna Married on 09/15/2018
    Excellent! Could not have asked for a better DJ!
    Elizabeth P. Married on 09/14/2018

#1 Dj in Orange County

Best DJ you can ever have. He knows how to get the party going, super out going and just the best.. gets back fast to you at any concerns you may have or changes you may need to make. Very professional.. my family had a great time at my wedding and I thank Cesar for that. Thanks so much Cesar for everything!!
    Candice Married on 07/07/2018
    Cesar (DJ Escence) definitely helped our wedding be a success! Even before our special day, he was very professional, personable, and helpful. We knew once we first sat down with him, that he cared about making our vision come to life. The quality of his work is outstanding.

Not only did he do a great job DJing and MCing for our reception, he also provided services for uplighting, gobo monogram, slideshow, and a "dancing on the clouds" effect for our first dance (we were so surprised how awesome that turned out!).

Everything flowed smoothly at our reception, and during all the dancing, the floor was always full! He definitely did a good job playing to the crowd, with different generations and genres, and we were very impressed that he fit in the songs that we requested. So many people stayed until the very end and had a great time. We would definitely use him again and absolutely recommend DJ Escence to friends and family!

DJ Escence's reply:

You guys deserved every bit of it... I am happy to know that I definitely came through to you and your family... I cannot express how Thankful I am for everything you guys did, putting the time and effort in working on your "homework" and most of all for being so humble and making sure that we were taking care of... Thank You...

Cesar (DJ Escence) Ruiz
    Ashley Married on 06/30/2018
    Cesar was a pleasure to work with. One of my friends recommended him to us, and we are so happy we went with him. We worked with Cesar to put together custom playlists for our wedding - a culture clash of vibes that included middle eastern music, cuban music, and hip hop.
    Our guests were on their feet all night and we have continuously been told it was the best wedding they've ever attended.
    Cesar took care of us and went above and beyond for our night! We highly recommend Cesar for your next big event.
    Nydia Married on 06/23/2018
    I cannot express what an amazing MC And DJ Cesar is! His lighting transformed the venue and made the venue look magical. I honestly could not have asked for the more perfect set up. Cesar was absolutely professional and responsive to my emails. Also, he was flexible to answer any questions I had via text. My wedding reception and ceremony ran so smoothly! Cesar really knew the theme and music my wedding was going for. It was really important to incorporate both Spanish and English music in my wedding. As far as MC he was the best as my wedding incorporated English and Spanish. Everyone was having a good time and dancing. My family keeps asking when is the anniversary happening to make the dancing train happen again. I would hire Cesar in heartbeat for another party or event. Thank for your everything you did for my wedding.
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 04/28/2018
    Cesar was awesome! We just used him for our engagement party and it was the best decision ever! He did a great job playing a variety of genres, country to hip-hop and never once did I have to think about asking him to change this song or play this song. He even searched for and played "let it go" (yes the frozen song), requested by my 3 year old niece. It was adorable! Cesar was super nice, professional and made sure we let him know exactly what we wanted to hear at our party. Everyone had a great time dancing at the party and its all thanks to Cesar!
    Alexandra Married on 04/27/2018
    I can't wait until the next big party so I can hire Cesar again! He played at my wedding and I was so glad that he did. My family is mostly Spanish speaking so I was a little stressed about having a party that would get everyone mingling and dancing together.,enjoying the same music. Well, I had nothing to worry about because there was not one song that played that did not have people dancing on the dance floor! He played all types of music and really played what the crowd was vibing too. Not only were his DJ'ing skills good but he made the perfect MC for the wedding and helped with the timeline and announcements. He spoke both spanish and english so everyone knew what was going on. He was very professional, responsive to emails and at the same time had a cool, laidback personality. I would definitely hire him again. Thanks Cesar for making my wedding the most unforgettable day of my life. My family still keeps telling me how much fun they had dancing. Ps. Even my grandfather who is very grumpy and a total antisocial person danced. That was a miracle!!

DJ Escence's reply:

Thank You Alex and your husband for the opportunity and trusting me with my services... It was an AMAZING night to say the least, your family & guest ware very humble and I LOVED how much they loved to dance, this definitely made the night!!! Thank You Again and Congratulations Guys...
    Alfonso Married on 04/21/2018
    Cesar was absolutely fantastic. On point with every detail we provided him and even handled some last minute curveballs we threw at him from changing our first dance to adding a traditional dance he had never done before. He was extremely flexible and made sure he accommodated all of our requests. Everything from the lighting to the music to the sound was absolutely fantastic. Would highly recommend Cesar to any of my friends or family and would definitely be at the top of my list if I needed a DJ for any other event.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa Married on 04/07/2018
    Cesar was absolutely wonderful! He set up all the sound and lighting for our wedding, Cesar did an awesome job at taking our song requests and integrating them in with popular songs to keep spirits high. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and took time to make sure that we were happy with the flow of the evening. We would highly recommend him for any special event that you might have!

DJ Escence's reply:

Thank You Vanessa!!! And Thank You again for giving the opportunity to provide you and Mike with my services... Congratulations!!!