O'Neil Events Reviews

O'Neil Events 2
O'Neil Events 3
O'Neil Events 4

Tiffany · Married on 09/28/2019

Extremely responsive, professional, detail-oriented, organized

I was looking for a month-of/day-of coordinator and randomly found O'Neil events by looking at Wedding Wire reviews. I was planning my wedding in DC from LA so I knew that I needed someone local who could help me tie up all the loose ends and execute on the day of. I initially communicated with the owner, Colleen, who was very professional and well-organized. I was bummed at first when she told me that she would be assigning me to one of her staff (because Colleen was so accommodating and I had become attached to her), but I landed the jackpot with Ariel. Even though their scope of work is typically starting 4-6 weeks out from the wedding, Colleen arranged for Ariel and I to "meet" by phone about 8 weeks ahead of time to accommodate the time difference and my busy schedule. Ariel was completely responsive to my needs, adapting her management style to what I needed, and immediately began to have weekly calls with me at that point up to the wedding. I am the type of person who initially did not think that I needed a month-of planner because I felt I already had everything done, but 1) it was nice to have someone objective to talk to about the wedding who actually cared or at least acted excited about ALL the details, and got me excited for my own wedding (I was getting overwhelmed at that point, admittedly), 2) ask all the mundane/etiquette questions that I needed to talk through and get experience-based recommendations, and 3) work with someone who took time to get to know me before the wedding and was experienced enough to make day-of decisions based on my vision which allowed me to relax and enjoy the day-of. Ariel completely put me at ease, and she had everything under control for the weekend of. I was also impressed with her ability to manage our large wedding party (10 bridesmaids + 10 grooms + 2 flower girls, 1 ringbearer + parents) during the rehearsal and the wedding. We started to run a little behind schedule during the reception, and she managed the situation in a way that I didn't even notice. Whether you are more of a Type A person like myself or easy going, Ariel is extremely easy to work with and can adapt to your needs. I loved working with her and would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Heyman · Married on 12/15/2018

Ariel is The Best

I could not be more excited to share our incredible experience with O'Neil Events and Ariel in particular. From the outset, Ariel put us completely at ease of all the details (big and small) about our wedding day. She was calm, cool, and collected at every turn, was always thinking ahead, and had a plan for everything. Our family and friends are also still raving about what a gem she was every step of the way!
    We had a few surprise factors on the day of: complete downpour, two flash mobs, a guest who wanted to propose, I fell out of the chair during the hora...the list goes on. Ariel was right there when we needed her and took care of everything. She made sure everyone was where they needed to be, on time, and made all the moving parts look seamless. Ariel, you made it all look easy and we can't thank you enough! You are a true gem!

Sent on 02/13/2019

O'Neil Events's reply:

Stacey,
    You were such a joy to work with! What a day and you always made the best of the situations, which are now all wonderful wedding memories.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Bill · Married on 09/09/2018

Ms. Kahan was great! Very professional, we ran out of alcohol and she knew just what to do. She kept things organized and moving along.
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Claire · Married on 06/23/2018

O'Neil Events was amazing! Colleen worked with us to make the day perfect even when it meant lots of details and specifications. We felt so comfortable having her around and relied on her heavily to help with every little thing. It was such a weight off of my shoulders and she exceeded my expectations! Thanks you Colleen and O'Neil Events!

Sent on 06/28/2018

George · Married on 04/07/2018

My wife and I were so glad to have hired O'Neil Events for our day-of-coordination. Our coordinator, Ariel, was fantastic from the first day we met to the end of our wedding. She was helpful in the small details of our wedding that we didn't think about. Ariel made the wedding less stressful for us by working with the vendors and the venue on the wedding details. and making sure she kept us on track with some of our tasks. She was a great person to provide assurance and support throughout the wedding process, even when were predicted to have snow on our wedding day. She would tell us, "Everything will be fine." And the wedding was very beautiful and successful with no problems. I know we would not have had a wonderful wedding and reception without her. Ariel was the best and I would recommend hiring her and O'Neil Events for any wedding coordination. It's worth the money! Trust me.

Sent on 06/02/2018
    O'Neil Events 5
    O'Neil Events 6
    O'Neil Events 7
    O'Neil Events 8

Amy · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I said SEVERAL times how having Colleen by our side as a Day Of Planner was way beyond worth the money spent. If I have one recommendation for any newly engaged couples, it's have a day of planner. And if you're in the DC area... have it be Colleen. From the beginning just getting coffee with us and helping us start the process or planning, to every living detail of the day of... I can't imagine our big day without her. She was immensely professional. So sweet and caring; yet I knew she'd get done what needed to be done. She's no pushover! Monthly emails and check ins were lovely and kept us on track. But then the month leading up to the wedding, Colleen took everything off my plate and handled all the logistics and vendors and timelines. So, so valuable. Thank you for everything you did! We'll both never stop raving about you. :)

Sent on 12/11/2017

Paula · Married on 09/23/2017

Of all the decisions we had to make throughout the wedding planning process, deciding to hire O'Neil Events was hands down the best one, because we got to work with Yvi. She is warm, friendly, and wonderful to work with and we knew we were in good hands from the start. We first met with Yvi about a month before our wedding and she immediately began the challenging task of getting us organized for the big day. At that point, we had booked all of our vendors and were pretty much done with the larger things, but hadn't thought about or finalized a number of small details. I think of myself as a pretty organized person, but Yvi's organizational skills are on a whole other level. Not only did she compile a list of all the smaller details we hadn't focused on, but she created an extremely detailed timeline for us and our vendors. Yvi made herself available for calls on nights and weekends to accommodate my work schedule, and she was always responsive with emails. She contacted all of our vendors and coordinated with them to make sure everyone knew when and where to show up. On our wedding day, my husband and I made several last-minute changes, but Yvi was completely unfazed and immediately implemented the changes as if they had been part of the plan all along. Because of all of Yvi's work and efforts "behind the scenes," my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day, which was amazing. Until we experienced it, we had no idea the extent to which it's true when people tell you your wedding day passes in a blur. In hindsight, making sure we could spend as much as time as possible with each other and our family and friends, rather than having to worry about anything on our wedding day was the best decision we made, thanks to Yvi. Not only did Yvi ensure that everything went smoothly on our wedding day, but we also feel like we gained a friend.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

I was hesitant that I even needed a planner but I'm so glad we got one! We had Ariel as our day of coordinator. Her personality was great and she made it seem like we've known each other for years. She was so helpful and always available. The wedding went so smoothly and we have her to thank. We spent our day enjoying ourselves instead of worrying about the details. Before Ariel started helping us full time, Colleen was there to answer any questions we had. She was very easy to work with very responsive. Thank you!!! I highly highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

O'Neil Events came highly recommended to us by our caterer, and hiring them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I booked O'Neil about 4 months before our wedding to be our day-of-coordinator and assist in the final month of planning. Before booking, Colleen put me in touch with Yvi (who would be our coordinator) and in our first conversation, I immediately knew I wanted to work with her! Yvi is very warm and easy to talk to on the phone - she made me feel completely confident turning over the day to her! Yvi & Colleen were both responsive via email and easy to work with. The month of our wedding, Yvi took everything over and was positively wonderful! She contacted all of my vendors and was able to coordinate things behind the scenes that I didn't even know about.

Yvi ran a flawless rehearsal - coordinating a 17 person wedding party with ease. The day of the wedding, she met us at the hotel to check on everyone, took care of personal flower delivery, and made sure everyone was exactly where they needed to be. If anything went wrong, I was completely oblivious to it because Yvi handled it all! She was organized and on top of everything that day and helped to create the fairy tale I had dreamed of!

If there's one piece of advice I will give to any future bride who asks, it is the value of hiring an excellent day-of-coordinator. Our wedding party and families (as well as us) were able to just relax and enjoy taking in the entire day with the knowledge that Yvi had everything handled. I definitely gained a new friend through the experience!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/02/2017

We worked with O'Neil Events for our wedding in September. We had Ariel as a day-of coordinator and she was amazing! As soon as we hired the company, we started receiving monthly checklists of things to have completed/start thinking about and then one month out, we started meeting with Ariel/communicating regularly and she took over all vendor contracts and contact. It was such a relief. She made sure that our vision for the day became a reality and she went above and beyond dealing with all of the details on the day itself. We can't recommend her and O'Neil Events enough!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Nick · Married on 08/05/2017

From the minute we met our wedding coordinator Ariel Kahan, we knew she would be our biggest ally on our wedding day. But we owe her a debt of gratitude for just how much she did — before, during, and after. Everything we conceptualized came to fruition because of her, and never did we feel like we were flying solo. She championed our whims while making sure everything was practical and achievable.

We were in such caring, diligent hands, even when it came to things we forgot… from simple oversights like needing extra escort card holders, which she spent her own time buying for us (matching our style perfectly, might I add), to the complex, when a family member made a spontaneous and bizarre request during the dinner toasts, Ariel handled everything with ease, grace, and most incredibly, a smile on her face. She managed all personalities with diplomacy and made us feel like we were in control, even though we really knew it was her. She kept everyone in line from start to finish, vendors and family members and the bridal party. Her energy, her excitement, her sheer passion for what she does helped us create and execute a truly perfect day.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Lauren Marie · Married on 06/03/2017

O'Neil Events are amazing! They helped us deal with a difficult hotel vendor. Yvi was just so wonderful, words cannot describe! I not only found a gem in a vendor, I made a friend <3

Sent on 07/09/2017

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

I can not even begin to write how INCREDIBLE Colleen (and the whole company) was during my wedding planning process. She was immediately responsive, always helpful and always calm as we made decisions about my wedding and worked with so many different vendors. I would always say that she was always one step ahead of me. If I thought of something that needed to get done for the wedding, Colleen had already completed it. I appreciated her open and easy communication the whole time. She was always available to help, problem solve, and give advice. She went beyond helping with planning and communicating --- she helped me with little things like how to tip the vendors, how to make sure all of my items were accounted for, etc. She made the day 100% seamless. If we had any bumps in the road on my wedding day, I had no idea because Colleen handled everything. Whenever I would get my vendors on the phone or communicate through email, the vendor would always comment that "Colleen has already taken care of that". She was professional, happy, dependable, kind, thoughtful and hard working. She was a heaven sent when wedding planning and made the day absolutely perfect for me. I would recommend her service to anyone, always.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2016

O'Neil Events came highly recommended to us by our reception venue, Rock Creek Mansion in Bethesda. Our planner Yvi was assigned to us one month before our wedding was to take place. She capably handled communications among multiple vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page, and provided a very detailed timeline for everyone to follow. She also had excellent advice on some planning points, such as transportation for guests and decor, which proved to save us a bit of money here and there. Our service and reception ran so smoothly and we had such a great time from start to finish. While I was initially hesitant to hire an official wedding planner, I am so glad I did....Yvi made the day stress-free and we could focus on enjoying ourselves!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Julie · Married on 10/08/2016

There is one word for O'Neil Events, AWESOME! Everything was perfect, I never had to worry about anything, and Colleen's professionalism is matched only by her kindness. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Amy · Married on 05/29/2016

We hired Colleen for month of coordination. Colleen was absolutely wonderful! She was lovely to work with and always responded in a prompt and helpful manner. Leading up to the wedding, she checked in with me and ensured I had thought of all the details and helped me find the answers to just about any question I had. On the day of our wedding, she coordinated all of our vendors and ensured our vision came to life exactly the way planned. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Kelan · Married on 10/03/2015

Colleen was one of the better vendors we chose during our wedding. Starting from a month out, she was on the ball and persistent in making sure our wedding and ceremony would go off without a hitch. She is very experienced and left no stone unturned during the planning phases. When our big day finally arrived, Colleen and her assistant were like a team of wedding ninjas, quickly jumping from setting up decorations, organizing the vendors, and keeping everyone on track. She was a great investment and we choose her all over again. Thanks Colleen!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Molly · Married on 09/12/2015

O'Neil Events is fantastic! Colleen O'Neil, the owner, paired me with Laurie Themistos to be our day-of coordinator. Laurie started a month out, and she was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Laurie was organized like you wouldn't believe, friendly but firm (not afraid to give her honest and polite opinion), resourceful, energetic, easy-to-get-along with and a wonderful and genuine person. I am running out of adjectives to describe how great she was--Laurie deserves all of the credit for making our wedding a success. It went off without a hitch!

Colleen O'Neil was super easy to work with and checked in throughout the wedding planning process to make sure everything was running smoothly. I highly recommend using O'Neil events for wedding coordination--they are top notch, and the price is unbeatable as well. Thank you, O'Neil events, for a wonderful wedding experience!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Jeremy · Married on 08/01/2015

We were so happy that we used O'Neil events. We worked with Kristin and appreciated her organization and professionalism throughout our entire wedding planning process. Kristin was excellent on the day of our wedding as well and made sure everything went smoothly. We can't imagine not having had a day of coordinator and are glad we went with them!

Sent on 09/13/2015
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 06/27/2015

Laurie was amazing to have by my side the month leading up to the wedding and on the actual day! Her organizing and response time was awesome and she made our day run on schedule and allowed me to not worry about the small stuff!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/16/2015

Colleen made my wedding amazing! She took all the stress out of planning. I absolutely would recommend Colleen's services to anyone who is engaged.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Colleen was essential for making my wedding day perfect! She was extremely professional and made sure I did not have anything to worry about. Most brides say planning their wedding and their wedding day is one of the most stressful times; however I was never stressed out. With Colleen's help, instead of stressing out about wedding details I got to enjoy this time with my family.

Sent on 08/04/2015

O'Neil Events made my wedding completely seamless so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Katherine · Married on 09/20/2014

Julie Quinn of O'Neil Events was an absolute God send - she was incredible and we couldn't have been more lucky that our good friends recommended her to us! After working with Julie and seeing all of the details of our wedding she executed flawlessly, I cannot imagine not having a day of coordinator! She started working with us about a month out, and was able to get together with us in person and over the phone numerous times before our big day! She was so friendly and professional and so dedicated to making sure everything we wanted happened, I know our wedding wouldn't have been what it was or have gone as smoothly - anywhere as smoothly or been remotely as organized as it was without her!! We can't say enough about how wonderful she is! She was a terrific value as well, she should be charging more! My mom literally said that at one point! We were so, so happy with all of her help, it was a total pleasure working with her and would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Merisa · Married on 05/17/2014

Colleen was amazing! She was recommended by a friend of mine who also used her for her wedding and it was the best decision I made around my wedding. More than a month before, she collected all of my contracts, reviewed them, coordinated with all of my vendors and hammered out a very detailed schedule which I would have never had the time to do and which allowed us to correct issues in advance. Weekend of she was incredible, kept my stress level low while making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time and that everything ran smoothly. Without her it would not have been nearly as wonderful of a day but with her it was amazing! You wont regret hiring her :-)

Sent on 06/06/2014