O'Neil Events Reviews

44 | Kensington, MD

44 Reviews for O'Neil Events

44 O'Neil Events Reviews

Bill · Married on 09/09/2018

Ms. Kahan was great! Very professional, we ran out of alcohol and she knew just what to do. She kept things organized and moving along.
    Highly recommend!

Claire · Married on 06/23/2018

O'Neil Events was amazing! Colleen worked with us to make the day perfect even when it meant lots of details and specifications. We felt so comfortable having her around and relied on her heavily to help with every little thing. It was such a weight off of my shoulders and she exceeded my expectations! Thanks you Colleen and O'Neil Events!

George · Married on 04/07/2018

My wife and I were so glad to have hired O'Neil Events for our day-of-coordination. Our coordinator, Ariel, was fantastic from the first day we met to the end of our wedding. She was helpful in the small details of our wedding that we didn't think about. Ariel made the wedding less stressful for us by working with the vendors and the venue on the wedding details. and making sure she kept us on track with some of our tasks. She was a great person to provide assurance and support throughout the wedding process, even when were predicted to have snow on our wedding day. She would tell us, "Everything will be fine." And the wedding was very beautiful and successful with no problems. I know we would not have had a wonderful wedding and reception without her. Ariel was the best and I would recommend hiring her and O'Neil Events for any wedding coordination. It's worth the money! Trust me.

O'Neil Events 1
    O'Neil Events 2
    O'Neil Events 3
    O'Neil Events 4

Amy · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I said SEVERAL times how having Colleen by our side as a Day Of Planner was way beyond worth the money spent. If I have one recommendation for any newly engaged couples, it's have a day of planner. And if you're in the DC area... have it be Colleen. From the beginning just getting coffee with us and helping us start the process or planning, to every living detail of the day of... I can't imagine our big day without her. She was immensely professional. So sweet and caring; yet I knew she'd get done what needed to be done. She's no pushover! Monthly emails and check ins were lovely and kept us on track. But then the month leading up to the wedding, Colleen took everything off my plate and handled all the logistics and vendors and timelines. So, so valuable. Thank you for everything you did! We'll both never stop raving about you. :)

Paula · Married on 09/23/2017

Of all the decisions we had to make throughout the wedding planning process, deciding to hire O'Neil Events was hands down the best one, because we got to work with Yvi. She is warm, friendly, and wonderful to work with and we knew we were in good hands from the start. We first met with Yvi about a month before our wedding and she immediately began the challenging task of getting us organized for the big day. At that point, we had booked all of our vendors and were pretty much done with the larger things, but hadn't thought about or finalized a number of small details. I think of myself as a pretty organized person, but Yvi's organizational skills are on a whole other level. Not only did she compile a list of all the smaller details we hadn't focused on, but she created an extremely detailed timeline for us and our vendors. Yvi made herself available for calls on nights and weekends to accommodate my work schedule, and she was always responsive with emails. She contacted all of our vendors and coordinated with them to make sure everyone knew when and where to show up. On our wedding day, my husband and I made several last-minute changes, but Yvi was completely unfazed and immediately implemented the changes as if they had been part of the plan all along. Because of all of Yvi's work and efforts "behind the scenes," my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day, which was amazing. Until we experienced it, we had no idea the extent to which it's true when people tell you your wedding day passes in a blur. In hindsight, making sure we could spend as much as time as possible with each other and our family and friends, rather than having to worry about anything on our wedding day was the best decision we made, thanks to Yvi. Not only did Yvi ensure that everything went smoothly on our wedding day, but we also feel like we gained a friend.

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

I was hesitant that I even needed a planner but I'm so glad we got one! We had Ariel as our day of coordinator. Her personality was great and she made it seem like we've known each other for years. She was so helpful and always available. The wedding went so smoothly and we have her to thank. We spent our day enjoying ourselves instead of worrying about the details. Before Ariel started helping us full time, Colleen was there to answer any questions we had. She was very easy to work with very responsive. Thank you!!! I highly highly recommend them!

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

O'Neil Events came highly recommended to us by our caterer, and hiring them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I booked O'Neil about 4 months before our wedding to be our day-of-coordinator and assist in the final month of planning. Before booking, Colleen put me in touch with Yvi (who would be our coordinator) and in our first conversation, I immediately knew I wanted to work with her! Yvi is very warm and easy to talk to on the phone - she made me feel completely confident turning over the day to her! Yvi & Colleen were both responsive via email and easy to work with. The month of our wedding, Yvi took everything over and was positively wonderful! She contacted all of my vendors and was able to coordinate things behind the scenes that I didn't even know about.

Yvi ran a flawless rehearsal - coordinating a 17 person wedding party with ease. The day of the wedding, she met us at the hotel to check on everyone, took care of personal flower delivery, and made sure everyone was exactly where they needed to be. If anything went wrong, I was completely oblivious to it because Yvi handled it all! She was organized and on top of everything that day and helped to create the fairy tale I had dreamed of!

If there's one piece of advice I will give to any future bride who asks, it is the value of hiring an excellent day-of-coordinator. Our wedding party and families (as well as us) were able to just relax and enjoy taking in the entire day with the knowledge that Yvi had everything handled. I definitely gained a new friend through the experience!

Caitlin · Married on 09/02/2017

We worked with O'Neil Events for our wedding in September. We had Ariel as a day-of coordinator and she was amazing! As soon as we hired the company, we started receiving monthly checklists of things to have completed/start thinking about and then one month out, we started meeting with Ariel/communicating regularly and she took over all vendor contracts and contact. It was such a relief. She made sure that our vision for the day became a reality and she went above and beyond dealing with all of the details on the day itself. We can't recommend her and O'Neil Events enough!

Nick · Married on 08/05/2017

From the minute we met our wedding coordinator Ariel Kahan, we knew she would be our biggest ally on our wedding day. But we owe her a debt of gratitude for just how much she did — before, during, and after. Everything we conceptualized came to fruition because of her, and never did we feel like we were flying solo. She championed our whims while making sure everything was practical and achievable.

We were in such caring, diligent hands, even when it came to things we forgot… from simple oversights like needing extra escort card holders, which she spent her own time buying for us (matching our style perfectly, might I add), to the complex, when a family member made a spontaneous and bizarre request during the dinner toasts, Ariel handled everything with ease, grace, and most incredibly, a smile on her face. She managed all personalities with diplomacy and made us feel like we were in control, even though we really knew it was her. She kept everyone in line from start to finish, vendors and family members and the bridal party. Her energy, her excitement, her sheer passion for what she does helped us create and execute a truly perfect day.

Lauren Marie · Married on 06/03/2017

O'Neil Events are amazing! They helped us deal with a difficult hotel vendor. Yvi was just so wonderful, words cannot describe! I not only found a gem in a vendor, I made a friend <3

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2016

O'Neil Events came highly recommended to us by our reception venue, Rock Creek Mansion in Bethesda. Our planner Yvi was assigned to us one month before our wedding was to take place. She capably handled communications among multiple vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page, and provided a very detailed timeline for everyone to follow. She also had excellent advice on some planning points, such as transportation for guests and decor, which proved to save us a bit of money here and there. Our service and reception ran so smoothly and we had such a great time from start to finish. While I was initially hesitant to hire an official wedding planner, I am so glad I did....Yvi made the day stress-free and we could focus on enjoying ourselves!

Julie · Married on 10/08/2016

There is one word for O'Neil Events, AWESOME! Everything was perfect, I never had to worry about anything, and Colleen's professionalism is matched only by her kindness. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Amy · Married on 05/29/2016

We hired Colleen for month of coordination. Colleen was absolutely wonderful! She was lovely to work with and always responded in a prompt and helpful manner. Leading up to the wedding, she checked in with me and ensured I had thought of all the details and helped me find the answers to just about any question I had. On the day of our wedding, she coordinated all of our vendors and ensured our vision came to life exactly the way planned. I highly recommend her!

Kelan · Married on 10/03/2015

Colleen was one of the better vendors we chose during our wedding. Starting from a month out, she was on the ball and persistent in making sure our wedding and ceremony would go off without a hitch. She is very experienced and left no stone unturned during the planning phases. When our big day finally arrived, Colleen and her assistant were like a team of wedding ninjas, quickly jumping from setting up decorations, organizing the vendors, and keeping everyone on track. She was a great investment and we choose her all over again. Thanks Colleen!

Molly · Married on 09/12/2015

O'Neil Events is fantastic! Colleen O'Neil, the owner, paired me with Laurie Themistos to be our day-of coordinator. Laurie started a month out, and she was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Laurie was organized like you wouldn't believe, friendly but firm (not afraid to give her honest and polite opinion), resourceful, energetic, easy-to-get-along with and a wonderful and genuine person. I am running out of adjectives to describe how great she was--Laurie deserves all of the credit for making our wedding a success. It went off without a hitch!

Colleen O'Neil was super easy to work with and checked in throughout the wedding planning process to make sure everything was running smoothly. I highly recommend using O'Neil events for wedding coordination--they are top notch, and the price is unbeatable as well. Thank you, O'Neil events, for a wonderful wedding experience!

Jeremy · Married on 08/01/2015

We were so happy that we used O'Neil events. We worked with Kristin and appreciated her organization and professionalism throughout our entire wedding planning process. Kristin was excellent on the day of our wedding as well and made sure everything went smoothly. We can't imagine not having had a day of coordinator and are glad we went with them!

• Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 06/27/2015

Laurie was amazing to have by my side the month leading up to the wedding and on the actual day! Her organizing and response time was awesome and she made our day run on schedule and allowed me to not worry about the small stuff!

Jamie · Married on 05/16/2015

Colleen made my wedding amazing! She took all the stress out of planning. I absolutely would recommend Colleen's services to anyone who is engaged.

Colleen was essential for making my wedding day perfect! She was extremely professional and made sure I did not have anything to worry about. Most brides say planning their wedding and their wedding day is one of the most stressful times; however I was never stressed out. With Colleen's help, instead of stressing out about wedding details I got to enjoy this time with my family.

O'Neil Events made my wedding completely seamless so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Katherine · Married on 09/20/2014

Julie Quinn of O'Neil Events was an absolute God send - she was incredible and we couldn't have been more lucky that our good friends recommended her to us! After working with Julie and seeing all of the details of our wedding she executed flawlessly, I cannot imagine not having a day of coordinator! She started working with us about a month out, and was able to get together with us in person and over the phone numerous times before our big day! She was so friendly and professional and so dedicated to making sure everything we wanted happened, I know our wedding wouldn't have been what it was or have gone as smoothly - anywhere as smoothly or been remotely as organized as it was without her!! We can't say enough about how wonderful she is! She was a terrific value as well, she should be charging more! My mom literally said that at one point! We were so, so happy with all of her help, it was a total pleasure working with her and would recommend her to anyone!!

Merisa · Married on 05/17/2014

Colleen was amazing! She was recommended by a friend of mine who also used her for her wedding and it was the best decision I made around my wedding. More than a month before, she collected all of my contracts, reviewed them, coordinated with all of my vendors and hammered out a very detailed schedule which I would have never had the time to do and which allowed us to correct issues in advance. Weekend of she was incredible, kept my stress level low while making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time and that everything ran smoothly. Without her it would not have been nearly as wonderful of a day but with her it was amazing! You wont regret hiring her :-)

Danny · Married on 05/17/2014

Fantastic to work with. Super responsive to emails/texts and helpful through wedding planning process. Day of was amazing, totally worth every penny.

taryn · Married on 09/28/2013

O'neil events was a wonderful choice for our wedding planning needs. Beth was efficient in responding with recommendations and advice via email and provided excellent guidance during our reception venue walk through. On the day of, Beth kept everything running smoothly. She easily dealt with some issues that came up during the wedding day without me or my family knowing anything about them. I highly recommend O'neil events!