One World Catering Reviews

8 | Bloomington, IN

8 Reviews for One World Catering

Cailin · Married on 05/20/2017

One World did a wonderful job with our wedding! From start to finish they were quick to respond and very willing to change large and small things around on our menu. Laura, who organized it, was very easy to work with and helped to really pull the day together. She and our venue worked well together. We used One World for our meal, dessert, and bartender. We purchased our own alcohol, but they still provided us a bartender at a reasonable hourly cost. The food was delicious too! We got compliments from everyone at the wedding. We highly recommend using One World Catering!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Desiree · Married on 06/06/2015

One World Catering offered amazing and professional service the months leading up to my wedding and throughout the day of my wedding. Kristin Moy is the events coordinator and is very thorough and detail-oriented when planning your event. She brings a personal and caring touch when consulting with you for your event, from initial information about catering options and pricing, to tastings, last-minute details, and any questions you have in between.

On the day of my wedding, One World Catering arrived early, which was great, and immediately went to work setting up based on instructions from our previous consultations. The only time I recall the staff checking in with my parents (who I had asked Kristin to speak with, as I was very busy that day) was to let them know when they would be disassembling the buffet and when the bartender (who stayed later) had finished his agreed upon shift for the evening and left. He had stayed later than requested, enjoying serving and speaking with guests as they approached him for beverages. (We were a very laid-back group who enjoyed talking with all our vendors and staff that day.) The One World Staff was excellent, keeping the taco bar buffet and drinks stocked and were very friendly. Kristin popped over at one point to congratulate my husband and I and to make sure all was as I had envisioned.

The same folks who own One World Catering in Bloomington, IN also own several of the Pizza X franchises, Lennie's restaurant on 10th street, and Bloomington Brewing Company. I had heard wonderful things and WAS NOT disappointed from start to finish with One World Catering. For events of all kinds and sizes I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Erin · Married on 06/21/2014

One World was highly recommended by a friend who hosts numerous large events each year in Bloomington, and I am so glad that I listened to her advice. All of our guests raved about the food and our wedding cake. My husband could not stop talking about how delicious the petite filet was, and he is a tough person to impress when it comes to steak.

The staff was extremely professional, courteous, prompt and were able to fulfill all of our requests. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and attentive.

The only draw back is that they only have a 2-way liquor license (beer & wine only). Since we wanted a full open bar, we had to hire a separate bartending service but it worked out great in the end.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Our food was absolutely fantastic! We received numerous compliments throughout the night! Kristen was wonderful to work with, and she accommodated some our special requests (i.e., we wanted to bring our homebrewed beer and wine)! The best catering staff in Bloomington!

Sent on 06/28/2014

The food was delicious and everyone loved it. They were so flexible with our requests, date, and venue. They are affiliated with a local brewer so we got a great deal on the bar, too. I would definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Hajni · Married on 10/13/2012

Awesome! We were putting together a budget wedding and communicated this to One World. They not only matched our budget they were able to provide a unique cajun menu with plenty of variety and deliciousness! Additionally we got a state of the art dessert table and our wedding cake, which not only looked exactly as we envisioned but tasted delicious and was far cheaper than the standard wedding cake provider. The service was impeccable from pre-wedding to event date. The servers were all friendly, pro-active, and diligent. Our venue had no banqueting so one World really stepped up and provided the services that went far beyond the call of duty. We were beyond pleased with them and would use them again for any function in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Lots of thanks for the great support One World Catering, and specially Kristen Moy, gave us for our wedding.
    Food was amazing!!!!! Everything that was offered was a big hit, I personally love the Short Ribs, the Potato Salad Bar, the Goat Cheese, and the Chorizo Empanadas. Unfortunately we forgot to bring the containers for the left over food and couldn't take them with us, we are so sad about it but that day was very hectic and everything when so fast.
    Everything was done incredibly but would have like that there was better communication between Kristen and the crew at the wedding as apparently it was not shared with the One World staff at the wedding that the cocktail hour and the Hors-D'Oeuvres were to be served at the same time. The catering staff was not giving those instructions and they didn't setup for Hors-D'Oeuvres but rather serve them with dinner.
    Even when this happened, everything was worth the wait, food was delicious, warn, incredibly appealing and, most of all, a great addition to our wedding.
    Overall we couldn't be happier with our selection of One World Catering for our wedding, it made our wedding one amazing, unforgettable night with amazing dinner

Sent on 09/14/2015

Audrey · Married on 10/04/2014

One world did such a great job! We wanted a squash soup, but they didn't have one. They then created one for us and now they sell it on their menu! They really cared that my day was perfect and special. Being with them from engagement to my wedding day was amazing!

Sent on 10/12/2014