205 Reviews for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies

Customized Vows (2)
Single Religion (1)
Non-religious (1)
Counseling (1)

Don was wonderful to work with and added so much love, attention and detail to our ceremony. It honestly felt like an old family friend was marrying us. From the start we felt very comfortable with Don and knew that he would "get us." He calmly guided us through everything and helped us develop a ceremony that fit our personalities and story very well. And all of our guests raved about him too. Thank you, Don!

Profile Picture Alexis, 3/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Rev. Don Toshach. My husband and I asked each other at the end of the night, what was the best part of the day for us. We both answered that we loved the ceremony the best. I mean, that's usually the dull part before the party, right? But working with Don, it hit so many of the right notes for us and perfectly encapsulated our feelings, sincerity, humor and joyfulness over the day. The ceremony felt smooth and effortless, not rehearsed as many ceremonies feel. The ceremony flowed really beautifully, and touched our hearts as well as the hearts of all of our guests. People afterward thought that he must have been an old friend of the family because he had such a warm and intimate tone but we had only met him a handful of times...in those times he's able to get an excellent read on people and will work with you to create an amazing ceremony. We will be forever thankful to him.

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so glad we chose Don to officiate our elopement. He is friendly, casual, humorous, and from the first time we met, he felt like an old friend (not old old, but someone we've known for a while!). He was quick to respond to all our communication and willing to customize our ceremony any way we wanted. During the actual ceremony he was relaxed and added just the right amount of humor and performed with a smile and sincerity. We would definitely recommend Don to anyone! I doubt you could find a better officiant!

Profile Picture Todd, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don is so amazing, the advice he gave us and the time he put into making our wedding ceremony OURS was great. My husband and I really took to heart when he told us to spend on memories not objects. We intend on doing that! Don has a great sense of humor so if you are looking for a fun and kind officiant, hes YOUR GUY. Our wedding got pushed back a day due to the wildfire in Oceanside. Don did not hesitate to say he would be there the following day for us. What a blessing, thank you so much for everything Don! :)

Profile Picture Lorena/Jake, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don is a truly good person who takes the time to get to know you and your story. He is great at giving you a idea of where to start with as much or little of the ceremony as you like pre-written or custom. He is able to include as much or little religion in the ceremony as you like. He is serious and professional but also has a great sense of humor and can incorporate that into your wedding if you like. I'm very glad he was the one to marry us.

Profile Picture Gina, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was our wedding officiant and we are so pleased we chose him!! He is funny, kind, charismatic. Which is much more our style! Our families and our guest really liked him as well! He is professional and helps you keep things together and sends little reminders about vows, etc. We couldn’t have been happier and we are thankful we found him!

Profile Picture Ciara, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was wonderful to work with. He was very warm and definitely made our day even more special. He was the utmost professional, while still providing a very personal and involved service. On our day we had both Don and a Rabbi as our officiants and Don and our rabbi were able to blend both of their styles seamlessly into a wonderful ceremony. I would definitely recommend Don for an of your officiant needs. He is the best!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing! Helpful, friendly, and so easy to talk to. We told him our story and on our big day, it was like he had been there for every step of our journey. Thank you Don! - Nate and Danielle

Profile Picture Nathan, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Many of our guests commented about how well they enjoyed our ceremony. Throughout the entire planning process Don was easy to work with, helpful, and quick to respond to emails and phone calls.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don was amazing! He is very professional, and he made our ceremony so fun and exactly the way we wanted. He was also flexible and met with my parents and listened to their concerns and requests for a modified ceremony. We were so lucky and blessed to have someone as great as Rev. Don marry us!

Profile Picture Cassy, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had a friend that refered Rev. Don and she said he was amazing. Well it was not easy to choose an officiant for your wedding but once we spoke with Rev. Don we felt a strong connection and knew he was the one. We had to work around with our budget to choose him and it was so worth it! From the conference calls months before the wedding to the amazing words at the wedding day we LOVED everything! He was so responsive, friendly, and personal we couldn’t have made a better choice! Our friends and family complemented him a lot and I would not think twice about having him again. Thank you Rev. Don for the amazing ceremony it was mind blowing and unforgettable, you deserve more than 5 but 10 stars!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Reverend Don in one word would be AMAZING! We absolutely love him and couldn't be happier with how our wedding ceremony turned out. We had so many compliments after our ceremony on how beautifully Rev. Don spoke. Rev. Don also offers pre-marital counseling (he has many other services that he offers so if you're looking for something specific, give him a call!) so we decided to participate in that. Boy, I'm so glad we did! After our counseling session, my fiancé and I both agreed we immediately felt closer to each other. Since then, we have used many tools that Rev. Don taught us in our session and I know we will use them in many years and to come. If you're looking for a kind, funny, caring person with a great voice LOOK NO FURTHER!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the very first conversation with Don, we knew he was the right choice for us. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Our ceremony was perfect! He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. Many of our guests commented about how that was one of the best ceremonies that they had been to, and I know the reason for that was having a warm, quick-witted reverend!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was amazing! We couldn't have picked a better officiant. He is so good at what he does. I knew i wanted him for our wedding from the first time we spoke on the phone.Don is funny and makes you feel like you have known him for years. He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. It was funny and sentimental and we couldn't have asked for it to be better. Our ceremony was perfect! We got so many compliments on Don. He's the best!

Profile Picture justine, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife Carli and I wanted to extend a shout out to reverend Don for the amazing work put into making our special day go smoothly and perfect. My wife and I met Don one time before he officiated our wedding and guests may have presumed he’s known us our entire lives. Don had everything streamlined to make planning carefree for the bride and groom. We spent maybe 2-4 hours at most between meeting with Don, filling out questionnaires about our relationship, and other basic wedding preparatory tasks. For those of you who are going through wedding planning, any task that is made easier and takes less time is always well appreciated(maybe this holds more true the groom?). During our ceremony, he captivated our exact requests with powerful communication and a comedic edge. He was well prepared and his lighthearted nature was a soothing relief to the nerves of the bride and groom. My wife and I were less focused on the structural makeup of the ceremony and were exclusively wrapped up in each other. Don was there to support us and abide by our requests. All political and religious views aside, Don was there to perform the wedding we wanted and not push his own agenda. To this we thank you and would definitely recommend Don to any and all who are looking for a straight up down to earth guy.

Many thanks Don

Kevin and Carli Percuoco

Profile Picture kevin, 6/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don Toshach exceeded our expectations when he presided over our wedding. He is an eloquent speaker, and delivered our ceremony in a lighthearted manner as we requested. He is very professional and helps you plan your ceremony with fine detail. Many of our guests commented that it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever been to. I highly recommend Rev. Don.

Profile Picture Phil, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don Toshach is wonderful! We were blessed to have him as a co-officiant in our Christian and Jewish interfaith wedding in May 2017.

Don worked with us and our ceremony drafts for several weeks, giving us direction when we asked for it, encouraging us to customize the ceremony to suit our personalities, and always made it clear that our happiness was his goal for our wedding. Don has such an easy going, sincere and kind manner that every communication with him was wonderful. His interaction with the guests was great - several of our guests said that our wedding was one of the best they had ever attended, and Don is one of the main reasons for that compliment!

Profile Picture Lynn, 5/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Don is amazing! From the moment you meet him, you can appreciate his energy and enthusiastic attitude! He really takes the time to get to know you and your significant other! Through getting to know you, and building a relationship, Don is able to completely customize your ceremony and share your love story! His rendition of your love story will be far from "cookie cutter!" Don will personally write your love story- detailed, and tailored to your relationship! And man, oh man, does he have a way with words!!! It is sure to give you all those feel good, feels!

My husband and I eloped and Don officiated our ceremony.
Prior, we met in person (and instantly hit it off), communicated back n' forth via email and text (prompt and timely responses), and we even took his premarital counseling course! (DO IT!. DO IT!. DO IT!.)
We had built such a strong foundation, and felt so comfortable with Don, we were thrilled he officiated our marriage! Hopefully Big Don can renew our vows in the future!!! Next time, with our family and friends present!

Profile Picture Alexzhondrah, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was awesome. He truly made our wedding a personalized experience. He told our story exactly how we wanted. Made everyone laugh, and was extremely professional. We only wish we had spent the extra money to have him at the rehearsal, just to ensure we knew how he envisioned the order of events, we had a small snafu and were caught off guard a small amount. I would still recommend Don to anyone looking to have a professional, personal, and humor filled ceremony.. without undermining the gravity and romance of the event.

Profile Picture Dallas, 4/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Don was great! Made us feel very comfortable and really knows how to talk to people! I had some guest compliment on how well our officiant was!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don was our officiant on 3.25.17. We couldn't have made a better decision. He was very professional, organized and confident which immediately put us at ease in an otherwise hectic planning process. More so, he was genuinely interested in who we were and helped us to weave a narrative that enabled us to better understand our relationship. We met with him early on to craft the ceremony. After that first session we had another couple of sessions via phone and email to go over particulars and to draft a short history of our relationship for the ceremony. Don is an excellent wordsmith and worked over a number of drafts of the ceremony for us. The wedding went perfectly, the tone he set was light when he read our narrative, appropriately funny, and when it got emotional he was there to bolster us and get us to the finish line. An Officiant is an important decision, a staple of your marriage, we're glad we chose Rev. Don.

Profile Picture Jackie, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows

He made our wedding a very special day and made us feel very comfortable in his presence. I would recommend reverend Don to everyone. Very professional.

Profile Picture Candice, 3/18/17, 1 Review

Wedding date: 1/28/17
Location: Montebello Golf Course: Quiet Cannon

Where do I begin? I have known for 20 years that whenever I was blessed enough to be married that I didn't want anyone else in the world to marry me. I was just hoping my fiancé Kirk felt the same way. Thank goodness he did! From the first time he met Don all he could say was "this guy is so cool and a great sense of humor"'. Perfect!
My turn finally came in January. With our crazy hectic work schedules Don made it so easy to collaborate on the ceremony. He had tons of good ideas for the times when our brains were so overloaded we couldn't come up with anything. He has the gift of being able to help you with every detail to being able to sit back and let you do everything, very accommodating.
Now the best part. The ceremony was amazing. He had the perfect blend of brevity, sincerity and humor. We couldn't have asked for more, it was beautiful. Bonus- it seemed everyone that we spoke to at our wedding commented on how he was the best officiant they have ever observed. From family to friends to military to coworkers- everyone loved Don, as do we. Thank you Don!

Profile Picture Mary, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Don was a pleasure to work with and very personable! He definitely takes the time to get to know you as a couple before performing your ceremony! I had many people compliment on his services at the reception. Many people talked about what a great job he did! He does a great job in communicating to assure it's everything you want on your special day, as well as letting you know what to expect afterwards (marriage certificate process) which was extremely helpful for someone like myself who has no idea what that process looks like! I would definitely recommend using him for your wedding

Profile Picture Alexandra, 12/31/16, 4 Reviews