One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies Reviews

226 | Rancho Mirage, CA

226 Reviews for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies

Tiffany · Married on 10/15/2016

(((((DON iS LEGIT)))))! My husband and I met with Don 2 months before our wedding day and we discussed wedding officiant details and we were so pleased with how smooth and comfortable Don made everything! From that day forward till the wedding day my husband, Don and myself kept in touch and was just an email or phone call away for any questions or concerns. We had the best wedding day we could ever imagine at The Mission Inn Chapel in Riverside California. Don was dressed so nice and professional and his officiant services were amazing! Our entire wedding party and guest were so pleased with ceremony and wedding!!!!! He made the ceremony so special with our wedding story and vows! My husband and I love a person with a good sense of humor and Don had all that and more added into our wedding story hahahhaha. He really put his own Personal spin on wedding story and made it so unique!!! Everyone loved it!!!! Anyone and everyone reading this review " We Highly recommend Don Toshach"!!!!!! We love you Don Thank You So much!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Tiffany,
    Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I wish you and Eric the very best and hope to see you again one of these days!

Jill · Married on 10/02/2016

Don just wed us on 10/2/16 at Los Willows in Temecula, CA. My now husband I had started the conversation over e-mail and then met Don in person. He was genuine, fun and outgoing. We talked about our story, marriage and our life/love goals. We worked with Don on "the script" and were all on the same page. Don did a great job retelling our story in a personable way while being humorous and thoughtful all during the service. We appreciate his warmth and demeanor in our non-uptight wedding. Don was fabulous!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Jill,
    Thanks doesn't begin to cover my gratitude for being a part of your wedding experience. Of the 70-plus weddings I performed in 2016, I know yours will remain a fond, fun memory. My best to you and Neil always!

Ruby · Married on 10/01/2016

Rev. Don is awesome! From consultation to our wedding day, he did great! When we just consulted with him, he already provided a draft and samples of how he conducts the ceremony, readings, love notes and other useful material for our wedding. He also met with us another time before the wedding and stayed in touch via email to finalize the ceremony. before the BIG day. On the day of our wedding, so much was happening that my husband and I forgot about our marriage license. Luckily, we had Rev. Don, the day after our wedding, he sent me a copy of it complete with signatures (he took our best man and maid of honor aside to sign the papers while we were enjoying our day) and a confirmation that he mailed it on his way home after the ceremony. Most importantly, he did a great job at our wedding. He kept it light and funny but full of love and joy remembering God and remembering the true meaning behind marriage. Thank you Rev. Don!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Lindsey · Married on 08/27/2016

Don was the perfect officiant to our wedding at Falkner winery. He was recommend to us by our DJ and we couldn't be more pleased. He made everything so easy for us and tied our story in perfectly. It was as if he known us for years. His sense of humor and his ability to take a description of a couple and turn into something completely accurate made it all flow so perfectly. The guest all complemented and raved how they never been to a ceremony that they enjoyed so much. I highly recommend Don to any bride or groom in search of an officiant.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2016

From the moment we met Don, my husband (then fiancee) and I felt very comfortable with him. Our DJ company recommended him as they had worked alongside him for many many weddings and had nothing but good things to say. We wanted a non-denominational wedding that was fun and lively while also being romantic and taking the moment seriously. Don did just that! He guided us in our vows and notes to each other helping us insert just the right amount of jokes so that we had our audience laughing along with us, while not making it silly. Our friends and family all said it was the best ceremony they had been to and that it really was unique to us as a couple-they specifically remarked at how well our officiant Don had done. I would definitely recommend using Don's services!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Jaqueline · Married on 07/16/2016

We got married on July 16th and decided for Don to officiate our wedding after having had an initial phone call with him. Don took a lot time to get to know us and what was important to us. He did an incredible job in supporting us in making decisions regarding our ceremony as we weren't sure about some of the details. We personally saw Don as our point of trust as he calmed us down when we were frustrated about the venue we chose. All of our guests gave us positive feedback on the ceremony which was like a fairy tail - thanks to Don, who authentically and full of empathy picked up our cultural backgrounds and characters. His officiating was just seamless. He met the formal expectations without creating a too formal atmosphere. We liked other wedding ceremonies we attended but we LOVED our ceremony. We highly recommend Don and have this little Video that we want to share with him and with you in case you need more evidence:

Sent on 10/03/2016

Robert · Married on 06/15/2016

Reverend Don was the best officiant my wife and I could have hoped for. While his experience and professionalism was invaluable leading up to the wedding, his friendly nature and great sense of humor made him a perfect fit for our ceremony. From the time of our very first meeting with Reverend Don, my wife and I knew we were in good hands and had made the right choice. With all the unavoidable stress and frustration that comes with wedding preparations, Reverend Don was there to provide us with peace of mind. He was perfect throughout the entire wedding ceremony, and afterwards, we received a number of compliments from our friends and family about how great he was. I highly recommend Reverend Don to anybody and everybody. It is hard to imagine anyone better.

Sent on 09/17/2016

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Robert, for the incredible review! I hope married life is treating you and Patricia well!

Jazmyn · Married on 05/29/2016

Truly proven to be one of the best referrals my husband and I were blessed with when our wedding planner from Lavish Wed introduced us to the wonderful Reverend Don as our potential officiant. We were definite in our decision to choose him as soon as we became emersed in detail of our wedding plans; throughout the process, his professionalism and structure made the contract to hire even more concrete. Charisma, enthusiasm and genuine respect for everyone's tradition he has been an officiant for, Reverend Don yields a communicative skill that captures the audience, not only with his humor, but with his wise insight in marriage. We're so very thankful for his blessing!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Jazmyn,
    Thank you so much for the glowing review! It was an honor to serve you both!

Jimena · Married on 05/28/2016

Rev. Don Toshach was amazing! He was extremely flexible and communicative during the whole planning process. He returned my called within a day of me initially contacting him. My husband and I chatted with him for a bit so he could get to know us, which was very important to him and us as well. We also exchanged many emails to make the ceremony perfect for us. He drafted our ceremony program right away and included details about our history and love story and was extremely understanding and helpful with any questions or changes we had. Unfortunately, I lost my father a month before my wedding, which was devastating to me and my family, and Rev Don changed our ceremony program so he could say a few words expressing our love for him. Our ceremony was beautiful and personal, as every wedding should be! He really customized our ceremony to us and our relationship. I really appreciated his use of heartfelt vows or love notes that we were able to say out loud to each other. Every guest at our wedding said that was a great touch! I cannot recommend Rev Don enough. He was great and I cannot imagine having anyone else as our wedding officiant!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/14/2016

Don went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect! Since ours was a destination wedding we never got to meet Don in person until our wedding day! I was very nervous about this but we felt like we knew him already when we finally got to meet in person! We had several phone conversations and he asked us tons of questions to get to know my groom and I prior to the ceremony!
    Don put together such a wonderful and personalized ceremony! My guests loved him and told us they felt like he was part of the family! He is professional yet fun all at the same time! Don will make your wedding day a memorable one!

Sent on 06/07/2016
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 04/29/2016

I love Don. He's so awesome and funny. He loves what he does and really takes the time to help you create your own special ceremony. He is very responsive and reasonable.

---UPDATE!!---
    AMAZING! I want to marry my husband all over again just to have Don marry us! I can't even begin to explain just how funny he was. He sent over a script a while before the wedding and when it came to the day of the wedding, he added so much to it and it was perfect! I loved every second of my ceremony and laughed the whole way through because of Don. To this day, everyone at my wedding compliments Don and they all tell me that it was the most entertaining wedding they've ever been to! Our license was filed the night of the wedding and I didn't have to worry about anything going wrong.
    I can't begin to thank Don enough for everything he did for us!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Brianna,
    I've never gotten a review BEFORE I performed a couple's wedding, but thank you so much for your kind words. You and J.P. have been a joy to collaborate with throughout this whole process, and I'll very excited about what is sure to be a memorable ceremony 10 days from now. My best to you both during this final stretch!

Brittany · Married on 04/23/2016

Don was the best! Lucky we found him from a friend of a friend who had him as their officiant. We had waited to the last minute to find an officiant because we aren't religious and we didn't know where to start, we really wanted a friend to marry us but we didn't know of who to ask. Lucky for us it was the one date he had available in the spring and summer still! I sent him an email asking about his availability and he immediately got back to me, we talked on the phone for a few minutes and I expressed how I'd like to have a short meeting with him and my fiancee - we set up the meeting the next day since he was in town for a meeting with another couple. He followed up quickly with the information we need, and we set it up - everything was smooth and easy! Just what a frantic bride needs. The wedding went off perfectly, Don was kind, courteous, and very likable! We had so many people tell us how much they loved our ceremony and what a great job Don did. Everything was perfect, thanks so much Don!! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Brittany,
    I'm so grateful for your kind words in this wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to post this. I wish you and Matt the very best always!

Lisa · Married on 04/09/2016

Don is absolutely AMAZING! Not only was he extremely responsive throughout the entire process, he made our wedding ceremony extremely personalized, well thought out and beautiful! He takes a great deal of pride in his ceremonies and the preparation he puts into them. And most importantly, he made us feel incredibly comfortable on the day of and during the ceremony! I truly felt like he was a friend and played such a significant role in making our ceremony perfect! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! Pick Don! :)

Sent on 04/14/2016

Lisa,
    I loved working with you and David, and I'm thrilled that I helped you create a lasting memory. With the rain on wedding day, I was amazed by how the Wilson Creek Winery's Barrel Room was transformed into an intimate, romantic wedding setting. I wish you both the very best for your marriage, and hope we'll cross paths again someday soon.

Hannah · Married on 04/08/2016

From our first meeting with Reverend Don, my husband and I knew he was the perfect fit for us. He has a great personality and is very easy to talk to. We really had no idea what we wanted as far as the ceremony went but he was SO helpful. He doesn't push you in any particular direction. He finds out what is important to you and gives you suggestions and options.
    At our wedding ceremony, he was of course fantastic. He kept the ceremony short and sweet (just like we wanted) and kept the tone light and upbeat. We had guests tell us they thought he did a great job. One even thought that he was someone we new personally, which I think says a lot. He also walks you through the wedding license process and makes sure you have all the right signatures in all the right places and even sends in the certificate for you. It was nice to know that part of it was taken care of and was one less thing to worry about.
    If you're looking for someone to officiate your wedding, look no further. Reverend Don's the man! :)

Sent on 04/17/2016

Hannah,
    You and Brandon are such a phenomenal match, and your wedding emphasized that all the more. The rustic indoor cabin setting at Longshadow Ranch ended up being the perfect backup after rain and the threat of rain moved the festivities inside. I'm sure your lives together will be rich and fulfilling. My best to you both!

Emely · Married on 04/03/2016

My husband and I absolutely Love Love Love Reverend Don Toshach!! He has made our wedding planning as stress-free as possible and made our Wedding Ceremony Truly One of a Kind!! He told our story in the most heartwarming way that all of our guests couldn't help but cry. He also has a great sense of humor that made us and our guests laugh throughout the ceremony. He is definitely a breath of fresh air. We are so glad we chose him to officiate our wedding and would recommend him to anyone who is getting married anytime in the future.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Emely,
    I'm so grateful that you and Khoi found me on short notice from Las Vegas. Your wedding at the L.A. County Arboretum and Gardens was simply beautiful, and the fact that you pulled it all together long-distance is all the more astounding. I trust your marriage is going to be long and loving, and I look forward to seeing you both again the next time I'm in Vegas!

James · Married on 03/26/2016

Don is by far the best officiant I have ever heard. He came highly recommended for my wedding and my wife and I are so glad we chose him. He makes the moment lively and warm. He brought humor to keep the tears back, but knew the right words to say to make everyone "aww". Don has my recommendation for anyone who wants a thoughtful, caring person to help them through their day!

Sent on 04/21/2016

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

James, thank you so very much for the compliments. You and Robin were a breath of fresh air from our interactions over e-mail, to our meeting prior to your wedding, and of course on your wedding day in that beautiful meadow setting at Los Willows. I know you both are going to have a great Happy Ever After, and I look forward to seeing you again one of these days. Best wishes always!

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2016

Don was one of the preferred vendors for our venue, Los Willows. We gave him a call and he was very responsive in setting up an appointment with us to discuss our ceremony and what we were looking for in an officiant. He came to the venue to met with us after we met with our coordinator which made it really easy for us to kill two birds with 1 stone. Don is very personable and made me feel right at ease as he has a general outline for you to look at for your ceremony and he customizes from there. That made it much easier for us as we have never been married and had no idea how the ceremony was supposed to go! We were able to choose our own bible verses and he was really open to our suggestions about our love story. I will admit that my husband and I can be a little difficult as we are perfectionists so I really appreciated Don's patience with us as we sent him MULTIPLE drafts. I cannot tell you how many compliments we got from guests about the final outcome, most comments were "He was so lively and really kept us entertained!" Don spoke very eloquently and did exactly as we asked with his own twist! We really appreciated the effort he gave us and he was worth every penny!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Michelle,
    I so much appreciate you and David, and the attention and passion you gave to collaborating with me with the ceremony. I never mind doing multiple drafts of ceremonies to make sure your ceremony is the very best it can be in fulfilling your wedding dreams. Your Facebook honeymoon pictures made me jealous, too. I look forward to seeing you both again one of these days!

Nathan · Married on 03/19/2016

My now wife and I searched high and low for a special officiant to be a part of our wedding. We had all the usual demands: someone who was sharp and kind, professional, could cater to our special requests and make the ceremony unique, and of course affordability is a plus. Reverend Don Toshach was a diamond in the rough and it was obvious after speaking with him the first time that he was exactly what a marriage officiant should be. He is incredibly responsive, usually responding to my email or texts before I could even put my phone back in my pocket. It made us both feel confident that we were a priority to him, and he remembers every detail while getting to know us as a couple in the months leading up to our big day. We sought pre-marital counseling with him as a foundation for our marriage, and it was immensely insightful. Rev. Don Toshach is a wise and gentle mentor and we're so glad he walked with us leading up to our marriage.

I highly recommend anyone get in touch with him to see what I mean, especially if you would like a stress-free ceremony that your guests will enjoy, as many of our guests complimented or voice of pastor (he's also very entertaining behind a microphone if you want him to be!) Thank you, reverend Don, for guiding us into a joy filled marriage!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Marissa · Married on 01/23/2016

Reverend Don was an extremely great officiant. From our first meeting he really blended mine and my husbands connection and came out with an amazing story to tell. I loved that he told the story of us to our guest as well as making it his own twist. He is extremely courteous and professional and simply the best!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Nataline · Married on 12/10/2015

He captured our personalities like he had known us for years, not just a one hour meeting. The ceremony was heartfelt, humorous and easily followed by a stressed out bride and distracted groom (evidently I cleaned up nicer than he thought I would). I would recommend Reverend Don to ANYONE looking for something more personal than the standard wedding vows and tailored to a couples wants and needs. Thank you Reverend Don for making our wedding so special and for taking such good care of us on our special day.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Nataline,
    You and Larry were awesome very step of the way. I loved your honesty and I think it translated to making your wedding authentic and truly representative of who you both are. I hope you are still extending the honeymoon as long as possible. See you again soon, I hope!

Abby · Married on 11/21/2015

Don is so helpful and on top of everything! He has all his material planned out in advance and he will work with you to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. He is extremely patient as well as diligent. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are more than satisfied. I highly recommend him for any event you have. He is an all around great person with a good sense of humor.

Sent on 01/23/2016

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Abby, What an joy to conduct your and Arun's wedding. Thank you for the stellar hotel accommodations in San Jose, and how easy it was to work with you from both long distance. Thanks for being one of daughter's best friends, and for tapping me to help you tie the knot!

sarah · Married on 11/20/2015

My husband and I discovered and met Don at my parents Vow renewal. He was everything we were looking for. He was funny, professional, and the way he spoke about my parents during their ceremony, I felt like he had known them for years.
    Don was our first vendor we locked down for our wedding. As soon as we attended my parents renewal we knew we wanted to meet with him and talk to him about our special day.
    Don meets with you at locations convenient for you. He talks to you about his background and services he provides but his main focus is to connect with you and get to know you as a couple from start, middle, to present. (And it's fun for you and your partner to tell and remember your love story.)
    Don communicates and responds very well in the form you want (phone/email/in person). He makes it extremely easy for you by sending you a series of questions for you to answer in email for him to get to know you and learn more about memories of your relationship along the way. He send follow up and reminder emails to keep you on track so your not stressed before your big day. He sends you examples of your timeline and what he will say. He will add or take out anything you like. He will create the vibe you want at your wedding from traditional to more modern. He sends you a rough draft and will work with you until your completely happy. I was blown away thinking he had to know my parents for years to know their story so well. But when he sent me the final draft of what would be said at our wedding it was like he was there every step of the way in our relationship. I couldn't believe how he pieced everything together based off a simple series of questions. (We printed and saved it... i mean it's our love story and we want our kids to be able to read it some day.)
    Don is amazing. He made our day very special and created a fun ceremony that all of guest enjoyed. I highly recomend him!