One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies Reviews

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 6
One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 7
  • Emily

Emily Wadham · Married on 06/28/2018

Fun, Uplifting, and very Personal!

Our experience with Rev Don was phenomenal. From the beginning he was a wonderful listener and very sympathetic to our family dynamics (i.e. family problems). While he is religious, he very much respected our agnostic, non-traditional wedding requests and was super enthusiastic about accepting the challenge! We are a very nerdy couple, and he embraced our personalities and came up with a magical ceremony that encompassed the both of us! He was super nice, friendly and very easy to work with. We can't say enough good things about this guy- he made our special ceremony absolutely perfect. We wouldn't recommend anyone else!
    -Emily & Eric 6/28/18

Sent on 11/04/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Emily, I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiastic review. Thank you so very much! You and Eric were a joy to work with throughout the process, and I'm happy I was able to exceed your expectations! My very best to you both always!

ROBERTA · Married on 06/23/2018

Rev. Don was FANTASTIC. Just about every man at the wedding complimented the service Rev. Don gave. My husband and I loved working with him, and are grateful that he was a part of our wedding. He communicates well, is gregarious, and makes everyone feel comfortable.

Thank you, Rev. Don!!!!

Roberta Ehlers Bolster

Sent on 11/04/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

A belated thank you, Roberta, for the wonderful review! I hope married life is treating you both quite well!

Renee · Married on 05/06/2018

We had such a great experience with Rev. Don. From our first exchange to finalizing details leading up to the ceremony, he was responsive, thorough and professional. We enjoyed our (optional) martial counseling session with him and came away with some great ideas for the future. The ceremony he prepared was personal with just the right amount of humor and seriousness, while incorporating everything we asked for. Our guests are still raving about it - and so are we. Thanks Rev. Don!!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 8

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Renee, You and Ted emphasize that I likely have the best job on the planet! You two were so responsive and easy to work with that this whole collaborative process was a joy every step of the way. I look forward to you both coming to Palm Springs in the near future so we can have dinner and continue our friendship. My best to you both always!

Charl Carlos · Married on 04/26/2018

If you're looking for an Officiant or even a host for your event, look no further. Mr. Don was the best!! =]

He was as easy to talk to as one of my long time friends, but also as professional as any top notched Officiant. He walked my wife and I through what we needed to do and how the ceremony would go along. He was detailed and made sure everything that was going to be said on the ceremony was on point and to our liking.

Everything went so smooth on our wedding day. He entertained our guest with funny sarcasm (just the way we liked it) and laughter even through the most boring parts of my wife and I's love story. He definitely became a family friend and will recommend it to anyone looking for a amazing host/officiant. =]

Sent on 05/13/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Charl, Thanks for the glowing review! Your wedding will definitely be one of the highlights of 2018 for me. I loved working with you and Angelina, and look forward to seeing you at another wedding, or look me up if you two ever get out to the Palm Springs area! Best, Don

Tiffany · Married on 04/08/2018

Don was amazing, he really took the time to get to know us as a couple, as a family and as individuals. He has a great spirit around him, that makes him feel like family from the first moment you meet. I dont have enough kind words to say about how amazing he is ...... We were very blessed to have him share our day with.

Sent on 04/19/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiffany! You, Travis, and your family touched my life and I know the journey ahead for all of you will be full of love and blessing!

Regina · Married on 03/30/2018

Rev. Don was a spectacular officiant for our wedding. Through the planning process he was so communicative and eager to assist. My husband and I really wanted a meaningful and personal ceremony (including a hand-fasting) so we worked closely with Don on MULTIPLE ceremony drafts until it was just perfect. Don was so patient, responsive, professional, and personable. Multiple family members and guest compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was and how funny Rev. Don is. He is an excellent speaker thanks in part to his excellent timing and delivery (without "stealing the show"), but most of all his sincere spirit and good will. We could not possibly thank Rev. Don enough for his effort and time into helping bind our marriage. Thank you Don!

Sent on 08/08/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Regina, Wow! Thanks for being my agent! I'm humbled by what you wrote. That is my aim for every couple with whom I work--for them to have the best experience possible on their wedding day related to what is being expressed about them to those who have gathered to celebrate their marriage. Your words touch me, and I wish you and Connor every happiness. I'm here if you ever need some encouragement going forward. Many, many thanks!

Gracie · Married on 03/24/2018

Don officiated our wedding on March 24, 2018 in La Jolla. We were planning from afar so, although we'd had several phone calls to talk about the ceremony, our wedding day was the first time we met in person. Let me tell you, not one person at our wedding would have known that. In fact, several people asked me if he was a family friend! I got so many compliments on Don and the ceremony. He really has a knack for getting to know people and communicate their love stories. If you are looking for someone to officiate your wedding, Don is your guy!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Gracie, I'm touched by your words! Thanks for the wonderful review. You and Alex will always be close to my heart. Come and visit me in the desert whenever you get back to Cali....and I hope it's soon!

Alexis · Married on 03/10/2018

Don was wonderful to work with and added so much love, attention and detail to our ceremony. It honestly felt like an old family friend was marrying us. From the start we felt very comfortable with Don and knew that he would "get us." He calmly guided us through everything and helped us develop a ceremony that fit our personalities and story very well. And all of our guests raved about him too. Thank you, Don!

Sent on 04/07/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Alexis, It was such a privilege to serve you and Jeremy! You were so easy to collaborate with from a distance, and I'm grateful that the rain subsided enough to get your ceremony in without everyone getting wet. I'll always remember your spectacular wedding at the Frank Sinatra House and the two of you whenever I'm in Palm Springs, which is often. My best to you both always!

Kelly · Married on 03/02/2018

Reverend Don was the best decision we could have possibly made for our special day! We have gotten more compliments about him than any of our other vendors. My husband and I were able to connect with him on a much more personal level than I would have ever thought possible. During our pre-marital counseling session (which I highly recommend) we were able to address the "tough" questions in a safe and honest place. Rev. Don made us feel so confident leading up to our wedding through his constant communication and attention to detail. If you are looking for an officiant... THIS IS YOUR GUY! We love Rev. Don and not only was he the perfect compliment to our wedding day, but the tools he gave us serve us daily in our marriage! He is not just a Reverend, but a friend.

Sent on 05/15/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Wow, Kelly, thank you! So very humbled by your kind words in this review. I consider you and Peter as my friends, and was thinking of you when I performed a wedding last weekend at Mt. Palomar Winery. You need to send me a few pictures over e-mail of your honeymoon trip to The Maldives. I'd love to hear more of how you both are doing. If you ever get out the Palm Springs way, shoot me an e-mail or give me a call. I'd love to see you both again!

Andrea · Married on 01/12/2018

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Rev. Don Toshach. My husband and I asked each other at the end of the night, what was the best part of the day for us. We both answered that we loved the ceremony the best. I mean, that's usually the dull part before the party, right? But working with Don, it hit so many of the right notes for us and perfectly encapsulated our feelings, sincerity, humor and joyfulness over the day. The ceremony felt smooth and effortless, not rehearsed as many ceremonies feel. The ceremony flowed really beautifully, and touched our hearts as well as the hearts of all of our guests. People afterward thought that he must have been an old friend of the family because he had such a warm and intimate tone but we had only met him a handful of times...in those times he's able to get an excellent read on people and will work with you to create an amazing ceremony. We will be forever thankful to him.

Sent on 02/08/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Andrea, I'm blown away by your wonderful words in this review. You and Tim were an absolute joy to collaborate with, and I'm so thankful that I got to be a part of your wedding. To hear that the ceremony was the favorite part of your day gladdens my heart to no end. Much thanks to you both, and great blessings upon your marriage and family life!

Todd · Married on 01/12/2018

We are so glad we chose Don to officiate our elopement. He is friendly, casual, humorous, and from the first time we met, he felt like an old friend (not old old, but someone we've known for a while!). He was quick to respond to all our communication and willing to customize our ceremony any way we wanted. During the actual ceremony he was relaxed and added just the right amount of humor and performed with a smile and sincerity. We would definitely recommend Don to anyone! I doubt you could find a better officiant!

Sent on 04/02/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Todd, It was a pleasure to serve you and Jillian, and I'll remember your elopement wedding forever. Thanks for the piece of your delicious wedding cake and not mentioning my senior-moment driving challenge of getting out of the ranch gate! LOL Blessings to you both always!

Lorena/Jake · Married on 12/09/2017

Don is so amazing, the advice he gave us and the time he put into making our wedding ceremony OURS was great. My husband and I really took to heart when he told us to spend on memories not objects. We intend on doing that! Don has a great sense of humor so if you are looking for a fun and kind officiant, hes YOUR GUY. Our wedding got pushed back a day due to the wildfire in Oceanside. Don did not hesitate to say he would be there the following day for us. What a blessing, thank you so much for everything Don! :)

Sent on 02/22/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Lorena, I admire you and Jake a great deal for how well you weathered the last-minute relocation of your wedding, and I was grateful I got to be a part of your special day! Thank you for your kind words, and I hope our paths cross again soon!

Gina · Married on 11/25/2017

Don is a truly good person who takes the time to get to know you and your story. He is great at giving you a idea of where to start with as much or little of the ceremony as you like pre-written or custom. He is able to include as much or little religion in the ceremony as you like. He is serious and professional but also has a great sense of humor and can incorporate that into your wedding if you like. I'm very glad he was the one to marry us.

Sent on 04/12/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Gina, I'm immensely grateful I got to be your and Bruce's wedding minister and a part of your special day on the beach. Even the hike was worth it! Thanks for being a great friend over all of these years. Wishing you both the very best for many, many years to come!

Ciara · Married on 11/17/2017

Don was our wedding officiant and we are so pleased we chose him!! He is funny, kind, charismatic. Which is much more our style! Our families and our guest really liked him as well! He is professional and helps you keep things together and sends little reminders about vows, etc. We couldn’t have been happier and we are thankful we found him!

Sent on 02/20/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Ciara, for the wonderful review! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent with you before, during, and after your wedding!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Don was wonderful to work with. He was very warm and definitely made our day even more special. He was the utmost professional, while still providing a very personal and involved service. On our day we had both Don and a Rabbi as our officiants and Don and our rabbi were able to blend both of their styles seamlessly into a wonderful ceremony. I would definitely recommend Don for an of your officiant needs. He is the best!

Nathan · Married on 10/28/2017

Don was amazing! Helpful, friendly, and so easy to talk to. We told him our story and on our big day, it was like he had been there for every step of our journey. Thank you Don! - Nate and Danielle

Sent on 03/05/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Nate, Thank you for the wonderful review! It was an honor to serve you both, and I'm here if you ever need anything. Best wishes always!

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

Don was amazing. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Many of our guests commented about how well they enjoyed our ceremony. Throughout the entire planning process Don was easy to work with, helpful, and quick to respond to emails and phone calls.

Sent on 11/06/2017

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Jennifer! It was an honor to serve you and Jason, and I look forward to our paths crossing again, perhaps at another wedding!

Misty · Married on 09/30/2017

Don was amazing! He will forever be a part of our memories for years to come. The ceremony was perfect for us. Don made it special and really listened to our wants and needs and gave our special day words and timeless memories that no one else could have. He was very accommodating with our beliefs, schedule and Autistic daughter. Very professional and personalized service. Parallel to none!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 13
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 14
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 15

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Misty, You, Tommy and your children were wonderful, and I had such a good time being up in the mountains to perform your wedding. In the few weddings I've done since, when it comes time to say "You may kiss the bride," I always think of your daughter Serena shouting "YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE!" It will remain a fond memory of all of you. Many thanks for blessing my life! Best wishes to you all!

Kayti · Married on 09/22/2017

Don was amazing! Very easy to work with and very professional. We are so glad we found him for our big day!

Cassy · Married on 09/03/2017

Rev. Don was amazing! He is very professional, and he made our ceremony so fun and exactly the way we wanted. He was also flexible and met with my parents and listened to their concerns and requests for a modified ceremony. We were so lucky and blessed to have someone as great as Rev. Don marry us!

Sent on 11/11/2017

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Cassy, Thank you for taking the time to give me a review, and a stellar one at that! Forever grateful to you and Eric, and wishing you the best for a lifetime of happiness together! I'll never visit Crestline without thinking of you both, your wedding and your wonderful friends and family!

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2017

I had a friend that refered Rev. Don and she said he was amazing. Well it was not easy to choose an officiant for your wedding but once we spoke with Rev. Don we felt a strong connection and knew he was the one. We had to work around with our budget to choose him and it was so worth it! From the conference calls months before the wedding to the amazing words at the wedding day we LOVED everything! He was so responsive, friendly, and personal we couldn’t have made a better choice! Our friends and family complemented him a lot and I would not think twice about having him again. Thank you Rev. Don for the amazing ceremony it was mind blowing and unforgettable, you deserve more than 5 but 10 stars!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 16
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 17
    One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies 18

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Jessica, I'm humbled and touched by your words and thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review! I'm so very grateful I got to be a part of your and McCall's seaside wedding. It was a beautiful morning for a beautiful couple! Wishing you the best for a long and loving marriage!

Mel & Cathy · event on: 07/16/2017

From the very first conversation with Don, we knew he was the right choice for us. He made us feel very comfortable and was professional. Since we live in Florida and the ceremony was to be held in California, distance prohibited us from being able to have in person meetings with Don. However, through the use of technology Don was able to facilitate a process in which he was able to get to know us as well as select family members. This allowed us to all feel as though we knew each other and from the exchanges he was able to conduct our vow renewal ceremony from a first person perspective as though we had known each other for several years.

His sense of humor and overall personality added to the joy of the celebration. We would highly recommend Don for any event.

Chelsea · Married on 07/14/2017

Reverend Don in one word would be AMAZING! We absolutely love him and couldn't be happier with how our wedding ceremony turned out. We had so many compliments after our ceremony on how beautifully Rev. Don spoke. Rev. Don also offers pre-marital counseling (he has many other services that he offers so if you're looking for something specific, give him a call!) so we decided to participate in that. Boy, I'm so glad we did! After our counseling session, my fiancé and I both agreed we immediately felt closer to each other. Since then, we have used many tools that Rev. Don taught us in our session and I know we will use them in many years and to come. If you're looking for a kind, funny, caring person with a great voice LOOK NO FURTHER!

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2017

From the very first conversation with Don, we knew he was the right choice for us. From start to finish he made us feel comfortable. Our ceremony was perfect! He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. Many of our guests commented about how that was one of the best ceremonies that they had been to, and I know the reason for that was having a warm, quick-witted reverend!

Sent on 11/06/2017

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Nicole, Thank you so much for the amazing review. I truly enjoyed you and Kevin, and your wedding will be one of this year's highlights for me. Your sister contacted me a few days ago about performing her wedding next year. I was bummed that it was at the same date and time of another wedding I already booked for 2018. I know she'll find someone great for her nuptials as well. My best to you and Kevin always!

justine · Married on 06/23/2017

Don was amazing! We couldn't have picked a better officiant. He is so good at what he does. I knew i wanted him for our wedding from the first time we spoke on the phone.Don is funny and makes you feel like you have known him for years. He did such an amazing job telling our love story to everyone. It was funny and sentimental and we couldn't have asked for it to be better. Our ceremony was perfect! We got so many compliments on Don. He's the best!