One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies Reviews

226 | Rancho Mirage, CA

226 Reviews for One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies

Lisa Lilly · Married on 09/09/2020

Don is the best!

After interviewing multiple people and finally speaking to Reverend Don we knew he was the right fit for us. Through the planning process he was always extremely quick to respond. He completely catered to how we wanted our ceremony to flow and was able to take our story and the information about us and turn it into a beautiful speech/ceremony. Multiple people complimented us afterwards for the great job he did and asked if it was someone we already knew. He made people feel emotional and laugh and made us feel comfortable standing in front of everyone as well. Don felt like family and we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Elyse

Elyse · Married on 03/14/2020

Very happy!

Don is great at what he does because he cares about his couples. Working with him was easy and a pleasure. We wanted someone to marry us with humor involved and he was perfect for that! I even got compliments from guests about him.

Sent on 03/25/2020

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

You both were and are awesome! Thanks so much! I look forward to seeing you at the air show or the next time you're in the desert!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 03/07/2020

Rev Don - A True Gem

I know the process of finding someone to officiate your day is overwhelming. Honestly, look no further! Rev. Don is a true professional and has a gift for what he does. He brings together your story, emotions and scripture beautifully and adds in just the right amount of humor. We received so many compliments on our ceremony, he was even quoted during the toasts at the reception (clearly he stuck a chord in the best way)!

Not only was our ceremony wonderful, Don himself is a joy to work with. Cory and I were planning a destination wedding which adds another layer of stress but Don made it easy on us by always being responsive and we truly feel like he took the time to get to know us as a couple even from a distance. He even went the extra mile (literally) to meet with us in person on his wedding anniversary nonetheless at a coffee shop while we were on our planning trip all the way from Texas. Wow! We couldn't recommend him enough and look forward to staying in touch with him for years to come!

-The Clarks

Sent on 07/22/2020

Megan,
    Thank you! It was such an honor and pleasure to serve you and Cory. Best wishes to you both for your marriage! --Rev. Don

Karrina Oravetz · Married on 02/07/2020

Unforgettable

Rev. Don Toshach was the perfect fit for both my husband and I. My husband called numerous people, but Don caught his attention. I saw exactly why my husband chose him when I got to meet him to go over wedding details. He paid close attention to even the smallest details of James and I's relationship. We chose Don because of his genuine presence. What I loved is that he gave every effort in making James and I's story come to life through the memories we shared with him. During the ceremony, Don made us feel so special. He made us laugh and enjoy our story that brought us to that very moment. He took all of our family and friends on the journey of our story through the powerful way he delivers his speech. I loved that he did not stick to a script, but found opportunity to improvise in making the moment more personel. I could not imagine having anyone else do what Don did for us on our wedding day. I am forever thankful that he made our ceremony unforgettable.

Sent on 10/29/2019

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Wow, Karrina! Many thanks for you and James for the phenomenal review. Yours was a special day that I'll always remember because the two of you are an awesome duo. Thanks again!
  • Courtney

Courtney Serra · Married on 11/23/2019

Everyone loved him!

Rev Don does such a great job! Hes quick to respond, so personable, does a great job putting a ceremony together that really reflects you and your SO, and everyone at our wedding (including us) thought he did a fabulous job! Its hard to find really solid officiants (I've been at so many weddings where I've thought "where did they find this guy? Make him stop talking!"), but you need not worry with Don! Hes so great!

Sent on 02/22/2020

Courtney,
    Thanks so much for the awesome review! You and Jake were an absolute joy to serve and I hope to catch a meal with you two when you come to Palm Springs again to celebrate your anniversary! Blessings to you both!

Brooke · Married on 07/13/2019

Choose Rev Don!

Reverend Don did an absolutely incredible job with our wedding! We were out of state while planning our wedding. He was extremely thorough and detailed oriented throughout our entire planning process. His approach to the ceremony prep made us so comfortable and we knew that our ceremony would go smoothly. Our family and friends complimented how personable our service was. Thank you for everything, Rev Don! We are so grateful! -Brooke and Eric

Sent on 07/23/2019

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

A belated thanks, Brooke, for the wonderful review! It was a beautiful wedding for an awesome couple. Please stay in touch! Blessing to you both!
  • Sarah

Sarah Eickstaedt · Married on 07/05/2019

Easy breezy wedding

Being out second time down the aisle, neither my husband nor I wanted a big to do-but we wanted the moment to be memorable. I was referred to Don from another officiant, whom quite frankly wanted close to the cost of my very intimate wedding for his services. I quickly found Don online and saw a few snarky posts regarding wedding/marriage humor and knew he was the right officiant for us. I warned him that we were both incredibly sarcastic individuals and wanted the ceremony to reflect that, giving him free range to be a bit less stuffy and more snarky!

I found Don to be incredibly flexible with the ceremony. He sent a questionnaire for us to fill out, both together and individually, and gave us multiple opportunities to edit his draft to meat our needs/wants/comfort level for the ceremony.

Day of he was early, helped get guests settled in, and made the process easy and seamless from beginning to end.

Sent on 10/25/2019

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thanks so much for the high marks and kind words, Sarah! It was a pleasure to serve you both, and continue to wish you the very best for your marriage and family!
  • Karen

Karen Plascencia · Married on 06/29/2019

Karen & Ben

From the very beginning Don made it very easy to reach out and have a conversation about our vision. My husband and I appreciated Don's genuine character, making it very easy to talk to him. Don worked to capture our story and add his own personal touch which was more than we could ask for. The day of our wedding he spoke as if he had known us for years and our guests really enjoyed his subtle but charming humor. We're three months late Don! ( blame it to being new parents :) ) but we sure did not forget how special you made us feel on our big day! Thank you!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Karen,
    Never late! I appreciate you taking some rare free time and passing along such a terrific review. It was truly an honor to serve you both. I hope our paths will cross again one of these days. Blessings galore!

Rev. Don
  • Allyson

Allyson and Brandon Alcalay · Married on 06/28/2019

Allyson & Brandon 6.28.2019

The Lord truly has a plan. Thank you Rev. Don for being so awesome throughout the entire process.

After our friend who was going to officiate our wedding backed out a month before, I panicked. Obviously I knew this wasn’t the end of the world, but uhh KEY PLAYER MISSING!

Luckily my sister is a wedding planner and reached out to her connections. Reverend Don came highly recommended. I looked over his website, found his Instagram and emailed him. I could tell that he was someone that we would have a connection to. Boy was I right! I talked to Don on the phone and told him all about our chaotic last minute situation. He was sympathetic, but took charge and listened to our story and our wishes for our ceremony. We are so blessed to have been able to work with him to get our ceremony just as we had envisioned.

We received multitudes of compliments on Rev. Don. He is just the best!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Allyson,
    So happy you found me and I'm thankful I get to keep track of you and Brandon on Instagram...and I'll try not to stalk you! The way it all worked out was divinely orchestrated, and I'm thankful I had the chance to tie the knot for you both! Rooting you both on for having the happiest of marriages...and from the looks of it, you are well on your way!

Don
  • Brooke

Brooke Lockwood · Married on 06/10/2019

Brooke and Austin - Los Willows 10/6/19

Austin and I are very pleased with our decision to have Rev Don as our officiant. His experience was evident from the beginning and the entire process felt natural, thorough and effortless. We were provided with more than enough content to help perfectly craft our ceremony making it unique to our love story. We couldn't recommend Don enough to couples looking for an officiant, he truly was outstanding! Thank you Don for such a special and memorable day.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Brooke and Austin,
    Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your incredible wedding! You both were so fun and creative, and a breeze to collaborate with, so I was honored to help you to set sail on your marital voyage. God's blessings to you both, and I hope our paths cross again someday soon!

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Experience

Don was amazing to have as our officiant! He was super responsive with emails and calls and made sure we had exactly what we wanted. We received tons of compliments from friends and family at our wedding. Everyone loved him! Would recommend him if you're in the area!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic Officiant!

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant! While we had a really small and intimate ceremony, Don understood our relationship and created the perfect atmosphere that had all of our family members raving about him afterwards. He was incredibly responsive, read the room perfectly, and was incredibly professional. Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Emily

Emily Wadham · Married on 06/28/2018

Fun, Uplifting, and very Personal!

Our experience with Rev Don was phenomenal. From the beginning he was a wonderful listener and very sympathetic to our family dynamics (i.e. family problems). While he is religious, he very much respected our agnostic, non-traditional wedding requests and was super enthusiastic about accepting the challenge! We are a very nerdy couple, and he embraced our personalities and came up with a magical ceremony that encompassed the both of us! He was super nice, friendly and very easy to work with. We can't say enough good things about this guy- he made our special ceremony absolutely perfect. We wouldn't recommend anyone else!
    -Emily & Eric 6/28/18

Sent on 11/04/2018

Emily,
    I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiastic review. Thank you so very much! You and Eric were a joy to work with throughout the process, and I'm happy I was able to exceed your expectations! My very best to you both always!

ROBERTA · Married on 06/23/2018

Rev. Don was FANTASTIC. Just about every man at the wedding complimented the service Rev. Don gave. My husband and I loved working with him, and are grateful that he was a part of our wedding. He communicates well, is gregarious, and makes everyone feel comfortable.

Thank you, Rev. Don!!!!

Roberta Ehlers Bolster

Sent on 08/16/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

A belated thank you, Roberta, for the wonderful review! I hope married life is treating you both quite well!

Renee · Married on 05/06/2018

We had such a great experience with Rev. Don. From our first exchange to finalizing details leading up to the ceremony, he was responsive, thorough and professional. We enjoyed our (optional) martial counseling session with him and came away with some great ideas for the future. The ceremony he prepared was personal with just the right amount of humor and seriousness, while incorporating everything we asked for. Our guests are still raving about it - and so are we. Thanks Rev. Don!!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Renee,
    You and Ted emphasize that I likely have the best job on the planet! You two were so responsive and easy to work with that this whole collaborative process was a joy every step of the way. I look forward to you both coming to Palm Springs in the near future so we can have dinner and continue our friendship. My best to you both always!

Charl Carlos · Married on 04/26/2018

If you're looking for an Officiant or even a host for your event, look no further. Mr. Don was the best!! =]

He was as easy to talk to as one of my long time friends, but also as professional as any top notched Officiant. He walked my wife and I through what we needed to do and how the ceremony would go along. He was detailed and made sure everything that was going to be said on the ceremony was on point and to our liking.

Everything went so smooth on our wedding day. He entertained our guest with funny sarcasm (just the way we liked it) and laughter even through the most boring parts of my wife and I's love story. He definitely became a family friend and will recommend it to anyone looking for a amazing host/officiant. =]

Sent on 05/13/2018

Charl,
    Thanks for the glowing review! Your wedding will definitely be one of the highlights of 2018 for me. I loved working with you and Angelina, and look forward to seeing you at another wedding, or look me up if you two ever get out to the Palm Springs area!

Best,
    Don

Tiffany · Married on 04/08/2018

Don was amazing, he really took the time to get to know us as a couple, as a family and as individuals. He has a great spirit around him, that makes him feel like family from the first moment you meet. I dont have enough kind words to say about how amazing he is ...... We were very blessed to have him share our day with.

Sent on 04/19/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiffany! You, Travis, and your family touched my life and I know the journey ahead for all of you will be full of love and blessing!

Regina · Married on 03/30/2018

Rev. Don was a spectacular officiant for our wedding. Through the planning process he was so communicative and eager to assist. My husband and I really wanted a meaningful and personal ceremony (including a hand-fasting) so we worked closely with Don on MULTIPLE ceremony drafts until it was just perfect. Don was so patient, responsive, professional, and personable. Multiple family members and guest compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was and how funny Rev. Don is. He is an excellent speaker thanks in part to his excellent timing and delivery (without "stealing the show"), but most of all his sincere spirit and good will. We could not possibly thank Rev. Don enough for his effort and time into helping bind our marriage. Thank you Don!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Regina,
    Wow! Thanks for being my agent! I'm humbled by what you wrote. That is my aim for every couple with whom I work--for them to have the best experience possible on their wedding day related to what is being expressed about them to those who have gathered to celebrate their marriage. Your words touch me, and I wish you and Connor every happiness. I'm here if you ever need some encouragement going forward. Many, many thanks!

Gracie · Married on 03/24/2018

Don officiated our wedding on March 24, 2018 in La Jolla. We were planning from afar so, although we'd had several phone calls to talk about the ceremony, our wedding day was the first time we met in person. Let me tell you, not one person at our wedding would have known that. In fact, several people asked me if he was a family friend! I got so many compliments on Don and the ceremony. He really has a knack for getting to know people and communicate their love stories. If you are looking for someone to officiate your wedding, Don is your guy!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Gracie,
    I'm touched by your words! Thanks for the wonderful review. You and Alex will always be close to my heart. Come and visit me in the desert whenever you get back to Cali....and I hope it's soon!

Alexis · Married on 03/10/2018

Don was wonderful to work with and added so much love, attention and detail to our ceremony. It honestly felt like an old family friend was marrying us. From the start we felt very comfortable with Don and knew that he would "get us." He calmly guided us through everything and helped us develop a ceremony that fit our personalities and story very well. And all of our guests raved about him too. Thank you, Don!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Alexis,
    It was such a privilege to serve you and Jeremy! You were so easy to collaborate with from a distance, and I'm grateful that the rain subsided enough to get your ceremony in without everyone getting wet. I'll always remember your spectacular wedding at the Frank Sinatra House and the two of you whenever I'm in Palm Springs, which is often. My best to you both always!

Kelly · Married on 03/02/2018

Reverend Don was the best decision we could have possibly made for our special day! We have gotten more compliments about him than any of our other vendors. My husband and I were able to connect with him on a much more personal level than I would have ever thought possible. During our pre-marital counseling session (which I highly recommend) we were able to address the "tough" questions in a safe and honest place. Rev. Don made us feel so confident leading up to our wedding through his constant communication and attention to detail. If you are looking for an officiant... THIS IS YOUR GUY! We love Rev. Don and not only was he the perfect compliment to our wedding day, but the tools he gave us serve us daily in our marriage! He is not just a Reverend, but a friend.

Sent on 05/15/2018

One-of-a-Kind Ceremonies's reply:

Wow, Kelly, thank you! So very humbled by your kind words in this review. I consider you and Peter as my friends, and was thinking of you when I performed a wedding last weekend at Mt. Palomar Winery. You need to send me a few pictures over e-mail of your honeymoon trip to The Maldives. I'd love to hear more of how you both are doing. If you ever get out the Palm Springs way, shoot me an e-mail or give me a call. I'd love to see you both again!

Andrea · Married on 01/12/2018

There are not enough wonderful things to say about Rev. Don Toshach. My husband and I asked each other at the end of the night, what was the best part of the day for us. We both answered that we loved the ceremony the best. I mean, that's usually the dull part before the party, right? But working with Don, it hit so many of the right notes for us and perfectly encapsulated our feelings, sincerity, humor and joyfulness over the day. The ceremony felt smooth and effortless, not rehearsed as many ceremonies feel. The ceremony flowed really beautifully, and touched our hearts as well as the hearts of all of our guests. People afterward thought that he must have been an old friend of the family because he had such a warm and intimate tone but we had only met him a handful of times...in those times he's able to get an excellent read on people and will work with you to create an amazing ceremony. We will be forever thankful to him.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Andrea,
    I'm blown away by your wonderful words in this review. You and Tim were an absolute joy to collaborate with, and I'm so thankful that I got to be a part of your wedding. To hear that the ceremony was the favorite part of your day gladdens my heart to no end. Much thanks to you both, and great blessings upon your marriage and family life!

Todd · Married on 01/12/2018

We are so glad we chose Don to officiate our elopement. He is friendly, casual, humorous, and from the first time we met, he felt like an old friend (not old old, but someone we've known for a while!). He was quick to respond to all our communication and willing to customize our ceremony any way we wanted. During the actual ceremony he was relaxed and added just the right amount of humor and performed with a smile and sincerity. We would definitely recommend Don to anyone! I doubt you could find a better officiant!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Todd,
    It was a pleasure to serve you and Jillian, and I'll remember your elopement wedding forever. Thanks for the piece of your delicious wedding cake and not mentioning my senior-moment driving challenge of getting out of the ranch gate! LOL Blessings to you both always!

Lorena/Jake · Married on 12/09/2017

Don is so amazing, the advice he gave us and the time he put into making our wedding ceremony OURS was great. My husband and I really took to heart when he told us to spend on memories not objects. We intend on doing that! Don has a great sense of humor so if you are looking for a fun and kind officiant, hes YOUR GUY. Our wedding got pushed back a day due to the wildfire in Oceanside. Don did not hesitate to say he would be there the following day for us. What a blessing, thank you so much for everything Don! :)

Sent on 02/22/2018

Lorena,
    I admire you and Jake a great deal for how well you weathered the last-minute relocation of your wedding, and I was grateful I got to be a part of your special day! Thank you for your kind words, and I hope our paths cross again soon!

Gina · Married on 11/25/2017

Don is a truly good person who takes the time to get to know you and your story. He is great at giving you a idea of where to start with as much or little of the ceremony as you like pre-written or custom. He is able to include as much or little religion in the ceremony as you like. He is serious and professional but also has a great sense of humor and can incorporate that into your wedding if you like. I'm very glad he was the one to marry us.

Sent on 04/12/2018

Gina,
    I'm immensely grateful I got to be your and Bruce's wedding minister and a part of your special day on the beach. Even the hike was worth it! Thanks for being a great friend over all of these years. Wishing you both the very best for many, many years to come!