One Night Band Reviews

One Night Band 6
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/05/2019

They brought the PARTY!

The music was a hit for all ages - our dance floor was packed, and we owe it all to One Night Band!!! Professional, communicative, flexible, just perfect for our wedding!!! A++

Sent on 10/09/2019

Liz Wheeling · Married on 08/30/2019

This band is AMAZING!

WOW, that pretty much sums it up! I had no clue where to begin and we stumbled upon One Night Band at a street fest in Chicago. I knew within in minutes that I wanted them at my wedding. I approached them after their performance and asked if they perform at weddings. They enthusiastically replied, YES. From there, I worked with Marty to get things underway. The process was painless, the music was amazing, and my guests are still talking about them. We basically had a concert at our wedding, and we loved every minute of it. The MC'ing, song selection, crowd interaction, and crowd's response was everything I hoped for. My husband and I did our research and found One Night Band to be a great value, and they're a real band, not a hodgepodge of musicians that are available on that night. If you are going to have live music at your wedding hire One Night Band. We are so happy we had them perform for our big day!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Patty Carmine · Married on 08/02/2019

Thank you, one night band!

From start to finish, EVERYONE was dancing! THANK YOU One Night Band. I saw them at my sister's wedding in 2016 so I knew what I was in for, but they still exceeded my expectations. Book them, you and your guests will thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Amanda Gehrls · Married on 07/26/2019

So much fun

We loved having One Night Band for our wedding! Marty was great to work with. He was responsive, led us through the wedding process, but was also flexible and worked with our ideas. He was great to have the day of, and was MC throughout the night. The band was so much fun the day of, and we received many compliments from our guests. They are all great musicians, and had great energy. Can't thank you all enough!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Jon

Jon Glass · Married on 07/13/2019

ONB Wedding Experience

We hired One Night Band for our wedding in July 2019, and it was one of the best decisions we made for the entire wedding. They sounded amazing, and even through 3 hours of live music had so much energy and kept the dance floor packed all night. Our family and friends count not stop raving about how great the band was all night (and we still get that comment a month later!)

Aside from sounding great and putting on an incredible show, they provided so many little touches that made the experience and night perfect - live music during cocktail hour, sound during the ceremony, DJ'd music during a set break - all little things that added up to a perfect night.

Marty was an absolute professional to work with. He answered all of our questions, was very responsive, and very organized. He helped us put together the perfect set list for the night, add his suggestions and experience to what works well, and was around the whole time leading up to the day to make sure everything went well.

I cannot recommend One Night Band enough to anyone looking for a live band for their wedding. And we are definitely planning on seeing them again next time they are playing a bar or festival.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Vicki

Vicki Moy · Married on 05/18/2019

Do you want your wedding to be amazing? If so, pick ONB!

One Night Band (ONB) was amazing. We checked them out at one of the gigs they played at a bar and thought they were great, we saw great reviews, meant with marty and went with it. For a 6 member band, their pricing was very reasonable. Marty was very professional and helpful along the whole way. As everyone knows, wedding planning and executing an amazing event takes a whole village. Marty and his band were the highlight of the night. We enjoyed them live at the bar but were completely blown away when they killed at our wedding. The two lead singers were great, they can sing sing! The musicians were stellar. You can tell they really love playing. We hired the guitarist to play during our ceremony and that was a special touch. Nothing beats live music. We got so many compliments from our guests how great they were. They really got the crowd dancing and going!
    On top of that, Marty (captain/manager of the team) was able to help out when things weren't going as planned. He was helpful with making sure things were going as smoothly as possible.
    If ONB is still around in 10-20 years, we would have them play our anniversary. Thats how much they rocked!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    One Night Band 7
  • James

James Morton · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely perfect.

I don’t write reviews or have social media because both are as appealing as execution via flying rabid weasels...

My wife and I got married January 19, 2019 at the Mayne Stage in Chicago and we booked this band. Beforehand, my biggest worry was that they had nothing but amazing reviews, and so I thought maybe I smelled a rat.

THESE PEOPLE ARE FREAKING AMAZING.

Everyone--EVERYONE--at the wedding raves/raves about them. Like I said, this is my second review and I don't want/care/need my opinion heard, but I also understand that in One Night Band's profession, the reviews are critical.

I normally wouldn't even care to comment (I mean, they quoted a price that we paid and that's that), but damn...they are REALLY REALLY good.

Sent on 09/12/2019
    One Night Band 8
    One Night Band 9
    One Night Band 10
    One Night Band 11

Sheila Torres · Married on 12/23/2018

Amazing band!

One Night Band exceeded our expectations and kept the dance floor packed for the duration of the reception. I highly recommend them to anyone who is considering a band for their wedding. My husband and I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Jamie Anderson · Married on 11/16/2018

One Night Band is THE band for your wedding!

Everything was easy working with Marty and One Night Band. My husband and I were blown away by their performance, the emceeing of the event, and my guests still talk about One Night Band. One thing that I was assured of from the get go was that it would be the performers that we saw at a festival while shopping the band. I had no idea that many bands use a name and they they fill several weddings in the same night with a roster of people, you don't know who will be showing up at your wedding. One Night Band is an actual band that performs on a regular basis, we loved that when we were speaking to different bands about their services. Trust me, hire One Night Band for your big day, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Amanda Lewis · Married on 10/12/2018

Simply Fantastic!

Simply fantastic! Live music was the most important aspect of our reception, and my husband and I couldn’t have been happier with One Night Band. The dance floor was packed all night, and they put on one heck of a show!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Lisa Adamis · Married on 09/07/2018

Thank You, One Night Band!!

I'm really not sure where to start, ONE NIGHT BAND turned our wedding into an insanely fun party the second they hit the stage! Marty did an excellent job of MC'ing the wedding (really easy to work with for booking and coordination as well, can take a couple days to respond, but they're a busy band and I can tell they love what they do). My husband and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made to have ONB perform for our big day. Thank you, One Night Band!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Stephanie Kilburg · Married on 06/30/2018

Thank you!

I cannot say enough great things about One Night Band. The live music was the largest compliment we received and ONB blew us away. They were incredible to work with from the beginning to the end and listened to our needs. EVERYONE was on the dance floor! They will make your wedding the party of the year! Thank you again!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

James Smith · Married on 06/08/2018

Hire this band!

There are so many wedding bands out there, and this one is the real deal. We had our wedding at the Farm at Dover, a beautiful barn in WI. They were recommended by the owner, now I know why. They rock! Hip Hop, Country, Wedding Classics, they do it all. My beautiful bride and I keep getting compliments. Hire them, they're worth every penny!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Lynette

Lynette Klaus · Married on 05/12/2018

You need this band at your wedding!

I came across One Night Band at my cousin’s wedding. I knew, my now husband knew, a live band was an absolute MUST at our wedding. We’d been searching and wanted to see what other bands were like, if they’d be of any interest to us, but there was no one like them. I got their contact information from my cousin and were browsing through the website and contacted Marty Murphy.

Marty was not only timely in his response, he remembered exactly what wedding was my cousins that we’d heard them play. I felt at that moment, these are the kind of people I want to work with. While I understand this might be a job for some people, this day would be the most important of our lives, and I wanted to know that the people we work with understand that and are willing to work WITH us, not for us, as just another job. Marty explained everything about the day so well, and gave us a layout of exactly what we needed and how we can make things easiest for everyone.

Now the band themselves, I can’t even describe. Our wedding was 6 months ago from this review, and I’m still getting random comments, even AT other people’s weddings, about how much fun our wedding was and how the band was KEY. I had one friend tell me that they’d never seen a dance floor so INSTANTLY packed, and STAY packed in all the weddings she’s been to. There are two things we invested our money in for the wedding, and this is one of them.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Julia · Married on 04/07/2018

If you want a high energy, affordable, and FUN time at your wedding then you should book One Night Band as your entertainment. They are such a talented group- they were able to play all genre's of music. They played some great old tunes, new tunes, and songs that aren't commonly played at weddings. They really won me over with all the throwback 90's R&B songs. Our crowd was in their 30's and 40's so many of them were singing right along with the music, you felt nostalgia wave over the audience. In addition, the lead singer (who also looks like Lenny Kravitz) played a saxophone and during a couple of songs, jumped right in to the crowd and people were huddled around him bopping to the sounds he was making- it was awesome. Many of our guests came up to us after and said "That was the best band I have ever seen at a wedding". I have also been to many weddings with bands, this one tops it. If you are looking to book a band, don't hesitate- they are the ONE. Marty was also great with handling all the logistics, so don't worry about your wedding not going as planned, because they will help make the flow perfect. And if you don't believe me, just watch their promo video, it says it all.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    One Night Band 12

Charles · Married on 01/13/2018

We had One Night Band at our wedding and they were the perfect choice! Marty was so easy to work with while putting all the logistics together. He was always there to answer questions and help with anything from timeline to song selection. On the day of the wedding, the band was AWESOME. They sounded great and had such great energy on stage. Even their bassist was dancing all night!!! They played a diverse set of genres that kept the dance floor packed all night. We couldn't be happier with our choice of One Night Band.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Samantha · Married on 12/16/2017

We are SO happy we made the right choice! My husband and I spent months looking for the perfect band to play our wedding. Our #1 goal was that we wanted the dance floor to be full all night. After seeing One Night Band at a festival over the summer, we knew that they would be up for the task. Sure enough, our reception was the best! Family and friends are STILL telling us how awesome One Night Band was at our wedding! They played ALL the songs we requested, and they knew how to get everyone up and dancing all night. On a planning note, Marty worked with me beforehand. During the months leading up to our big day, Marty answered all of our questions and helped us plan exactly how the night would go. We highly recommend One Night Band, and our wedding guests do, too!!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2017

As soon as we got engaged, we knew we had to have two great things at our wedding to make it an unforgettable party. 1. Great booze. 2. The perfect band. Since we got married at a distillery, booze was covered. Next we spent weeks searching for the perfect band. ENTER ONE NIGHT BAND! We wanted a band that didn't feel like your typical, cheesy wedding band. We wanted a band that you'd see in concert or at the most fun bar in town. That is exactly what One Night Band is. From great emcee roles to saxophone solos ending in the splits, One Night Band created the perfect party atmosphere for our wedding. I can't tell you how many people came to us saying, "best band ever." Go with them - you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2017

One Night Band was AMAZING!!!! We had them play our wedding 3 weeks ago and we are still getting compliments on our band. They are so full of energy and they know how to keep people on the engaged and dancing. Our dance floor was completely packed all night and we have One Night Band to thank. They know what they are doing when it comes to weddings and they are amazing musicians. I would recommend them to EVERYONE!!! Thank you again, guys, you made our night unforgettable!!

Sent on 09/07/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 12/18/2016

We booked One Night Band for our wedding and they were incredible! They kept the energy going throughout the night and were the perfect band for our wedding. Months before the wedding, Marty took the time to get to know my bride and I, and our tastes in music. He was overly patient with all of our questions and the band as whole really came through on the big day. They are true professional's. Their sound is great and their playing is spot on!

Sent on 01/28/2017

Abby · Married on 11/12/2016

Having One Night Band play at our November 12, 2016 wedding was one of the BEST decisions we could have made! From the attention to detail from Marty to the professionalism of the entire band the day of, working with them was blast and they kept the reception moving along at a perfect pace! The entire dance floor was packed all night long which was so important to me. We have received so many compliments from the band and our friends are wanting to plan events to have them play again! Thank you to One Night Band for a perfect reception!!!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/05/2016

We can't say enough about One Night Band! They were amazing to work with from day one of planning until the final moments of the greatest day of our lives. Throughout the wedding day the MC kept us on track with all of the little events (speeches, intros, etc) all while allowing flexibility as needed. Their energy and talents during the live performance wow-ed us and all of our guests throughout the evening and kept us dancing and smiling for hours. 5 stars, two thumbs up, amazing people to work with and enjoy. Kelly and Kevin

Sent on 08/27/2016

Cassandra · Married on 07/23/2016

From the very beginning, my husband and I knew that booking a great band for our wedding was extremely important to us. It was extremely stressful searching for and talking to numerous bands not knowing 100% what you would get and if it would be worth the cost. We knew that the band would make or break our wedding, and since we had a somewhat young crowd, we were looking for a group that wasn’t your prototypical wedding band and would keep the party going from start to finish. That being said, we truly could not have been happier with our decision to book One Night Band. Words cannot describe how much they lived up to and absolutely blew our expectations out of the water! The band leader Marty (also the drummer) was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. From the very start, he puts your mind at ease knowing you can be as involved or non-involved as you would like. NOT TO MENTION, When our big day came around, Marty actually broke his foot literally hours before our reception…however, he still showed up on time, played, and literally did not miss a beat! Talk about dedication, if you book ONB, you can rest assured that they will do whatever it takes to make sure you get an amazing show. Broken footed drummer and all, they absolutely killed it! The dance floor was packed the entire night and all of our guests have been absolutely raving about them and asking where we found them. If you are lucky enough to have your wedding on a date that they are available, book One Night Band immediately! It will by far be the best decision you make for your wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Stefania · Married on 06/27/2016

We can't express how amazing One Night Band are!! From the moment we seen them on YouTube we knew they were the guys!
    We communicated through email as we are from Scotland and Marty was just brilliant, was so easy to work with. We met Marty during one of our trips to Chicago and we love how excited he was and how much he was up for a party (we wanted our vendors to have as much fun as us).
    The day of the wedding was just unbelievable! James was an awesome MC and definitely got the crowd going... as it was smaller wedding I was worried about an empty dancefloor but these guys sorted that by playing such a good set.
    I remember at one point towards the end of the night I just sat with a bit of cake and just watched them and all I can say is wither your up dancing or just watching them they really did put on a show.
    Right up to today we are still getting compliments about how amazing these guys are! We feel so lucky to have them part of our special day :D

Sent on 08/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/04/2016

Book this band. Now. They were they highlight of our wedding and I cannot count the number of people that came up to us during (and still) that tell us it was the best band they have heard at a wedding, ever. They made our night so fun and read the crowd perfectly. Our dance floor was packed all night long. This was an easy decision to make and one we do not regret at all!

Sent on 08/12/2016