On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard Reviews

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 7
  • ANN

ANN · Married on 07/13/2019

Perfect Evening!

We celebrated my daughter's wedding on Saturday evening and it was fabulous! The food was delicious, ambiance lovely, and attention to detail excellent! Thanks to Melanie and all of her staff for making this a flawless evening!

Sent on 07/17/2019

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you so much!! Your family and all of your guests were so kind! The staff had a great time as well :) We really appreciate you taking the time to send a nice note :) Congrats to the Bride & Groom.

Lisa Delaura · Married on 06/22/2019

Exceptional Venue, Staff, Food and Service-Nothing Cookie Cutter About Fox Hopyard!

We got married June 22, 2019 at Fox Hopyard. What an amazing night!!! As I write this post a couple weeks later, we're STILL getting compliments from our guests about the venue itself, the attentive staff who were on top of every little detail, the food (OUTSTANDING!), and what an all-around perfect time it was! Melanie, who was our primary contact at Fox Hopyard, managed everything flawlessly and did an amazing job from start to finish! We couldn't have been happier with how everything went! THANK YOU!!!!
    Lisa & Ed

Sent on 07/07/2019

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you so much!! We appreciate you taking the time to compliment us! I will share this with the staff as well! We wish you a lifetime of Love, Happiness, and Fun! Thank you so much for being so easy to work with! :)

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2019

Gorgeous venue

We got rejected from a lot of venues for our 100 person wedding being too small, but we were just the right size for On the Rocks. Planning went very smoothly with Melanie, who was always accommodating of my emails, even when I accidentally emailed her on her days off a few times. The bridal suite was perfect for everything, and we were able to order food to be brought up for lunch. The ceremony space was fantastic, and has the added bonus of a roof in case it had rained. The photo locations all over are gorgeous, and my photographer was really pleased with all the options. Our reception was great, all the guests loved the space. We added bistro lights and the fire pit and both were perfect. The food was also incredible! We knew it would be good after our tasting, but so many of our guests came up to tell us it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had, which is hard to get perfect when you're serving 100 people at once. I would highly recommend On the Rocks for weddings my size, 75-115 people.

Sent on 05/30/2019
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 12
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 13
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 14

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We loved working with the both of you and we loved your grandpa's stories! I wish you all the best for your relationship and easy roads ahead :)
  • Christine

Christine Nesseth · Married on 02/09/2019

Gorgeous venue! Wonderful staff! Absolutely perfect wedding!

My husband and I were married here on February 9th, 2019. This was such a beautiful, perfect venue!! I wouldn't change a thing! Melanie was so amazingly helpful and welcoming throughout our entire planning process and she went the extra mile to keep things running smoothly on wedding day.

We managed to have an 'outdoor wedding' in February without being cold at all! -- we had tent flaps with windows put up around the pavilion and had our ceremony overlooking the gorgeous landscape. Plenty of heaters, worked amazingly!

The catering via On The Rocks was really well done, too. You can choose between plated entrees or self serve manned stations. We did the stations and it was great, it allowed mingling and energized the mood, and everyone got to pick something they actually liked to eat!

Overall, I have to say I can't recommend the venue enough! Our day was more than everything I dreamed it could be and we truly couldn't be happier. Thank you guys so much, and I hope all of the future couples will love it as much as we did.

Sent on 03/22/2019
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 15

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review! Such a wonderful couple. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Barbara · Married on 05/19/2018

Fox Hopyard and Kristi are hands-down the best venue out there!

Where do I even begin? Kristi and the Fox Hopyard gave us not just our dream wedding, but Kristi made the most stressful event I have ever planned in my life as painless and enjoyable as possible. If I could give her and this venue 6/5 stars, I would. She was as fast as lightning with her answers to all of my (perpetual) questions, which is an anxious bride's dream. She explained everything clearly and to our understanding, and they were as flexible as possible to give us exactly what we wanted on our special day. She handled every detail with our vendors to ensure that the only thing I had to do on my special day was sit back, relax, and have fun! The food is absolutely incredible. The venue is stunning, and she even made sure the landscaping was taken care of a day or so before the wedding! They have a gigantic, beautiful bridal suite for you to get ready. She even offered us some goodies for the morning of, which was such a surprising and sweet treat! And their pricing is incredibly competitive in comparison to most wedding factories, which are strict on their vendors and over-inflated in cost. I cannot encourage couples to pursue this venue enough - you will NOT regret it! Thank you Kristi and the Fox Hopyard for providing us with the happiest day of our lives.

Sent on 12/05/2018

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review! So happy you had a wonderful day! Thank you for choosing On The Rocks Restaurant for your special day.
  • BridalGirl24

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Kristi and her team are the best. She was super organized and always quick to answer any questions I had. She found Navy table runners for us last minute and helped with any other last minute items we needed help with. We could not have picked a better place for our wedding. Everyone raved about the food and everything went smoothly! My girls loved the mimosas provided by the Hopyard. I loved being able to just drop of my decorations and not worry about a thing. Kristi did an amazing job setting everything up. If you're looking for a beautiful backdrop with amazing food and professional staff, look no further!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 16
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 17
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 18
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 19
    On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard 20

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you, Megan and Wayne!! Congratulations to you both again and it was our pleasure to host your beautiful day!

Lesley · Married on 09/09/2017

Kristi Lochowski is hands down the reason our wedding went so smoothly and was a far better experience than I had anticipated. With all the small details associated with wedding planning, she put up with my bajillion emails and endless questions. The restaurant is BEAUTIFUL and has endless photo opportunities if getting married on site. The food was INCREDIBLE, which is half the reason we chose the location. If you ever envision an outdoor wedding or reception in a quiet and tranquil setting, this is your place. They also have capacity for large weddings. I wouldn't recommend this place on its own without recommending Kristi first!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Katherine · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I recently got married at Fox Hopyard in July, and had the most wonderful experience! We did all of the planning ourselves which meant that I was in constant contact with Fox Hopyard's coordinator, Kristi Lochowski. Kristi was always responsive and so nice despite my serial emails throughout the day, and was always so accommodating. She proved to be an invaluable resource for many of the details (where to have our ceremony, where to have our first look, placement of ceremony musicians, placement of the photo booth, hotel options for guests, table layouts and settings - you name it). I highly recommend having a first look down by the boathouse - our pictures came out amazing!

We had approximately 150 guests at our wedding (we had cocktail hour out in the pavilion, dinner inside, and then back out to the pavilion after dinner for dancing and drinks). We actually liked the idea of the dancing space and dinner being separated - it made for easy (and fun!) bridal party entrances/introductions into the pavilion. The food was amazing and all of our guests had great things to say (we're locals of the East Haddam area and even strangers in town heard about our wedding and what a great time it was!). You really can't beat the value you get for the price at this venue; beautiful setting, amazing food, and functional spaces (including the super-convenient bridal suite which I (and our bridesmaids and groomsmen) used constantly throughout the night). Overall, we're so happy we chose Fox Hopyard!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Rosella · Married on 05/13/2017

Fox Hopyard is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Connecticut. We had our wedding here in May 2017 and I could not have imagined the day going any better. We knew after our first visit that this was our venue. The views of the golf course and the beautiful décor inside the restaurant are absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding coordinator Kristi was wonderful, such a pleasure to have her as our wedding coordinator. She made us feel comfortable and excited at every stage of our planning. Kristi always responded to my emails promptly and always had answers to my questions.

On the day of the wedding, we had nothing to worry about even with rain in the forecast, Kristi took care of everything. The food they provided was phenomenal, there were so many rave reviews from our guests. Our guests had a great time and still rave about the place, the food, and the service that this venue offers. I HIGHLY recommend Fox Hopyard for your wedding or event. The staff is fantastic and it was an experience my husband and I will cherish always. We are so happy that we picked Fox Hopyard for our wedding. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you, Rosella for your kind words! What an honor and a pleasure it was to have you - we hope to see you and John soon!

meghan · Married on 09/24/2016

This was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at. Once we saw how beautiful the grounds were and the gorgeous views from the patio we were sold. We wanted everything to be outside (ceremony, cocktail, and dinner) and we were able to achieve this!
    Working with Lisa was an absolute pleasure, she is attentive, knowledgeable, and super sweet.
    The day of the wedding went smoothly due to Lisa and her team! All of my guests raved about the beautiful venue and how delicious the food was.
    I would highly recommend On The Rocks and Lisa, you will not be disappointed.
    Our best, Meghan & Lae

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kristi · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough about this venue. Our wedding day was the most perfect day. We got married June 4, 2016 and we could not be happier with choosing On The Rocks as our venue. Working with Lisa, the manager and the coordinator of our wedding day, was an absolute pleasure from the moment we chose this venue. She helped us build a timeline so we fit in all that we had planned and kept us on schedule the entire day. The venue offers a bridal suite to get ready in before the ceremony if you get married on-site, which is spacious and has its own bathroom and balcony. This is much better than getting multiple girls ready in a crowded hotel room!

We had a beautiful evening ceremony, the hors d'oeuvres and food were delicious, we have had many compliments on our food choices! And can't forget the open bar with our signature cocktail! We thank the professional and friendly staff for the hard work they put into making our day everything we could have dreamed of. Thank you to Lisa for helping us throughout the planning process and ordering us the most perfect weather of sunny and 80 degrees! ;) Thank you On The Rocks!!!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/05/2015

I am more Han pleased with the service we reviewed at On The Rocks Restaurant. The staff is very helpful and professional and the manager is right in the middle helping you plan and prepare the entire way. She made the day run smoothly keeping the day on track. The food was exactly what I wanted and cooked to perfection. I couldn't have pictures a more perfect day thanks to On The Rocks.

Sent on 09/13/2015

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you Kristen, We are so honored that you shared your special day with us!!! Best always!

Highly recommend On The Rocks as a venue to consider in central Connecticut. The event coordinator is extremely helpful in putting together a package, and the value was excellent compared to the 4-5 other venues we were considering. The team there prepared the space exactly as requested on the day of the event, and were professional and courteous with our guests. They were flexible throughout the evening and we never felt rushed or pressured to move from drinks/apps, to dinner, to dessert. Our guests had a great time and it was so nice to receive compliments throughout the evening that people felt they had stumbled upon a hidden gem in East Haddam. If you're looking for a place that has a polished, but casual vibe, On The Rocks is a great option to consider. Parking was ample, the food can't be beat, and the grounds are gorgeous year-round. Very highly recommended.

Sent on 09/03/2015

My husband and I were married at On the Rocks in June 2015. Every aspect of our wedding was perfect! I contribute a lot of that to Lisa and the staff at On the Rocks. Prior to the wedding, Lisa was very helpful with ceremony and reception details. She was always willing to help and find time to meet with me. On the day of the wedding, Lisa provided me with a stress free day. She knew all the details and took care of everything. If there were any issues, she took care of them and kept me feeling relaxed. The staff was very polite and professional. They seemed genuinely happy to be working. The day flowed seamlessly. As for the food, the chef arranged a tasting for my husband and I in February. We had a difficult time deciding on the menu because everything was delicious. We chose to offer stations and all of our guests raved about the food. Overall, I was extremely pleased with On the Rocks. I would highly recommend them for weddings. It was so convenient to have the ceremony and reception in one place. Every guest we spoke to after the wedding raved about On the Rocks, the food, staff, and beauty of the place. On the Rocks is like a hidden gem!

Sent on 10/03/2015

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you for such kind words it was our pleasure!!!

Victoria · Married on 09/26/2015

My husband and I are so happy we found On The Rocks for our wedding. We looked at many places including two prominent venues in the local area. They were all nice and we were going to go with one of the others but we did not find that wow factor with either of them. We randomly wandered in to On The Rocks and even without an appointment Lisa made time to meet with my husband and I. From the moment we arrived there I knew this was it, we needed to have our wedding here. To my surprise they are incredibly affordable especially for what they offer. This is not a wedding factory from the moment we met with Lisa we were able to customize any aspect of the wedding we wanted to. We had our rehersal dinner there and couldn't decide on a menu and Lisa customized a menu for us which was amazing. All the food at the restaurant here is great and it is now a restaurant we go to often. The day of the wedding we had amazing treatment. We all arrived early the morning of to get ready, the bridal suite is very spacious and has a great balcony for pictures. We were very well taken care of from the moment we arrived. The night went flawlessly and couldn't have been better. The scenery, the food and the staff at this venue are exceptional. If I had to do it all over again the venue would not change. This facility is definitely a hidden gem.

Sent on 11/20/2015

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you!!! It was our pleasure! I am so glad we were able to be part of your day! We look forward to seeing you guys again. By the way we changed our menu we have some really great new items!!!

Amber · Married on 09/19/2015

This was only the second venue that we looked at & we knew it was the one instantly! Beautiful location with many different options for wedding ceremony/reception to suit your needs. I also wanted to be able to keep my ceremony, reception & getting ready in one location which we were able to do with using their huge, beautiful bridal suite with a fully equipped bathroom.
    I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful, flexible location.

Sent on 10/06/2015

On the Rocks Restaurant at Fox Hopyard's reply:

Thank you Amber, It was a wonderful day!! We wish you all the best!

Alyssa · Married on 07/01/2017

John and I had an amazing wedding at Fox Hopyard! The event coordinator, Kristi Lochowski, was wonderful to work with. She responded to my calls and emails in a timely manner, was flexible about meetings (my husband and I live out of state) and professionally dealt with conflicting opinions from the bride, mother of bride and groom. When I was short on time, I trusted her to make a few key decisions. For example, I simply dropped off all of the decorations and she figured out where to place them beautifully. Overall, she a big help in our planning process and ensured that the day of was smooth and stress-free.

The chef here is fantastic. We had so much fun at our tasting! Also, I'm a military spouse which makes time off and traveling difficult for a number of our friends. He put up with a few last minute guest #/meal changes, which I was very grateful for. Bartender-again, we felt comfortable with her talent and delegated the task of creating a signature cocktail to serve based on our taste.

Another factor to consider is that they're able to provide most things in house (alcohol, food, tables/chairs, restrooms, rooms for the wedding party to use while getting ready, etc). at reasonable prices compared to many other venues. I wanted the look of an outdoor New England summer wedding, but couldn't stand the thought of having my guests use portable bathrooms. I also felt like I'd go crazy coordinating so many vendors if I'd used a more traditional outdoor space without catering and amenities on site.

Prior to my wedding, my Dad and brother played golf here, but were not official members. However, the entire staff was so accommodating and kind that we felt like we were. My Dad has since purchased a membership. We love it here! My husband and I plan to visit for dinner or a drink now whenever we're in town and reminisce about the day.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Denise · Married on 06/13/2015

Lisa and the staff at On the Rocks help create a beautiful day. Everyone was helpful and attentive, Our friends and family loved the location. It was the perfect day at the perfect venue.

The only thing I would have changed had i know ahead of time is I would have request no dinners on the patio. the bridal party and I had to walk pass 2 tables of restaurant customers dinning on the patio where we held the wedding. This was where we came down the aisle. It was awkward and made it less private. it would have been nice if they restricted the patio use just during the ceremony. I suggest you request it if you have your wedding there. I would have given them a 5 otherwise.

But as I said in my opening statement (aside from that) it was gorgeous.

Sent on 09/05/2015