On The Beat Music Agency Reviews

17 | Los Angeles, CA

17 Reviews for On The Beat Music Agency

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2019

OTB was everything we could have wished for and more!

I'm going to be honest... as the bride, I am a bit jealous that our guests have (and continued to) compliment how fantastic Sir Duke/On The Beat was MORE than they've complimented how I looked on my wedding day :) I am not exaggerating when I write that our guests cannot stop talking about how the band was a game changer and really brought energy and liveliness to our wedding party. We had been to several friends weddings with live bands and knew that just about any band or DJ would not suffice for our crowd as we needed entertainers that would be able to cater to a wide range of friends and family. OTB/Sir Duke was exactly what we were searching for and more! They performed feel good, dance music that our generation and our grand/parents' generation danced to all night- seamlessly mixing covers of Bruno Mars, Prince, Frank Sinatra, Beyonce, and Mariah Carey- who does that?! We could not have chosen a better band for one of the most important days of our lives. I was a very thorough bride, making spreadsheets upon spreadsheets comparing vendors from florists to entertainment, and when I first spoke on the phone with Rob, the band manager, I knew he would be able to deliver our exact wedding vision- AND he did! Most importantly, Rob worked with us to make sure we stayed within our budget. Not only were we able to book the band to perform during our wedding reception, but OTB also supplied the sound system for our ceremony, managed the recessional and processional music coordination with our planner, helped us book the band guitarist to play songs during cocktail hour after the ceremony, AND MC'd the entire night. Rob even met with us in person 2-3 weeks before our big day to review the day of timeline, special dance songs, required song lists, and give us a sneak peek of the set list he already had in mind. In addition to the 6 piece band (including 1 male and 1 female lead vocalists), Rob and a sound engineer were also on site the day of our wedding to make sure the performance was perfect. Unbeknownst to me, he even worked with my husband to coordinate a surprise performance with his groomsmen and the band. OTB is everything a couple should look for in wedding entertainment- professional, responsive, very talented, and so so much fun! I cannot recommend OTB music agency enough for your special day.

Sent on 09/09/2019

D Nguyen · Married on 08/22/2019

Amazing and Professional Band!

There are not enough accolades I can say about On the Beat. Their music is incredible — they have YouTube videos/samples that you can hear for yourself, and all I can say is that if you like what you hear, it’s even better in person. We got married overlooking the water on a perfect, sunny day, but the first thing anyone tells us about the wedding was how amazing the band was. But you’re getting more than just a polished band — you’re getting a professional operation. They don’t just play a list of songs that you provide them (which we did before our wedding) — they were gauging the mood on the dance floor, and they adjusted the music (in particular, the tempo) to fit the moment. And while we had only expected them to play music after dinner service, a couple band members performed beautiful solos during dinner (the keyboardist, in particular, absolutely crushed a rendition of U2’s “All I Want is You” — we stopped eating our food so we could soak in the moment). As a bonus, Rob and his team also made sure that all of our sound needs for the wedding ceremony were taken care of, including mics, amplifiers, etc. On the Beat is worth hiring for their music alone, but when you consider their attention to detail and genuine desire to do everything possible to make your wedding special, you simply can’t go wrong. Everyone wants their wedding to be perfect, and if that’s the case, On the Beat is for you.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Gwen Stamper · Married on 08/22/2019

On The Beat

On the Beat is a must-hire! We hired On the Beat for our wedding in August 22. It was the best decision we made for the wedding—I can’t say enough good things about the band.

On The Beat’s manager Rob is incredibly professional, respectful, thoughtful, and detail-oriented. We spoke with him several times before the wedding, and we were so impressed by his professionalism, courtesy, and general kindness. You can tell he is genuinely a really great person and he is great at his job.

The band was AMAZING!! It was the best band I have ever heard at a private event. The entire wedding was on the dance floor. I just couldn’t believe music this good was at my wedding. All of our guests raved about the band-it was the absolute hit of the night.

On the Beat is an absolute must hire!!’

Sent on 09/24/2019

Lisa Robaire · Married on 08/07/2019

They will surpass your expectations!

I cannot say enough amazing things about On The Beat Music Agency. From our initial contact with Rob up until the night of our wedding reception - and all of the small details in between - our experience was top-notch. Rob's response time was always quick and his demeanor was always kind and helpful. OK, enough about the administrative side of things... THE BAND KICKED A**!!! Although we expected talented and excellent musicians, they surpassed all of our expectations. The band literally MADE our party. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how great the band was and how much fun they brought to the event. My husband and I are now trying to come up with excuses to have another party so we can hire On The Beat again! Their professionalism and talent are unsurpassed! Book them!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Aileen

Aileen · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing to Work with, Great Music, and High Energy the Whole Night!

Rob Perkins was great to work with! The band (Soul Station) was fantastic and had very high energy during the entire reception. The ceremony music (a guitarist and a bassist) was absolutely beautiful and really set the tone. We got a lot of compliments from our guests on how great the music was. The energy was very high the whole evening, and the dance floor was full (something I was really hoping for!). Plus the horah was everything we had dreamed of plus more. Most of our guests had never danced to a horah before but the band got the dance floor full and get everyone moving and having a great time.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Holly Fonseca Fernandes · Married on 11/17/2018

Great experience and loved the band!

On The Beat Music Agency was great to work with! Rob sent us plenty of ideas for bands and helped us land on the perfect band (Too Marvelous Trio) for our wedding. Rob clarified all the details ahead of time and worked with the venue to make sure everything was squared away in advance of our wedding. The band was on time, professional, and fantastic! They did everything as we planned out and so many of our guests complimented how good they sounded and how fun the music was. The band was versatile and moved quickly from one part of the venue to the other, and was overall a big hit! Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Arren Sayadzadeh · Married on 10/19/2018

Best band ever!

Where do I begin!? From the moment I saw these guys perform at the meet and great till the actual night of the wedding, nothing was short of spectacular. They were incredibly easy to work with and very reachable whenever there were unexpected issues that came up with the wedding planning. Robert Perkins is not only an amazing manager but made the entire process seem as if I had 2 wedding coordinators. I highly recommend booking a band instead of a Dj for any wedding or event. Thanks again guys for an amazing experience!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Beth · Married on 10/05/2018

We're so very glad we met Rob and were able to have Sir Duke as our wedding band! Rob was a pleasure to work with and is very professional being extremely entrenched in the music industry.
    The band did an awesome job...all musicians were exceptionally talented. We loved the variety in vocals and instruments, enjoying throughout the evening several special instrumental and vocal showcases. We definitely recommend Sir Duke to anyone who's looking for a high quality band and will keep your Guests entertained and dancing the entire evening!

It was truly a memorable evening for our family and friends. We received so many compliments from our Guests, during the evening and weeks after, in regards to the band. We enjoyed working with Rob and Sir Duke and hope to find a chance in the near future to have Sir Duke play at either a personal or professional event.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Clay · Married on 09/02/2018

Robert helped us coordinate a full service wedding DJ, as well as a piano and bass player for our cocktail hour. Everyone was punctual, performed beautifully, and even came dressed according to our chosen wedding theme. It’s also worth mentioning that our wedding was a 5 hour round trip commute for all the performers, and no one complained. On top of all this, Robert was incredibly easy to work with, very well organized, and prompt in his communications. I don’t plan on getting married again, but if I did, Robert would be my first call.

Sent on 10/04/2018

sadie · Married on 09/02/2017

Excellence!

Route 66 played at our wedding, and they were absolutely perfect! Very punctual and such an amazing classic sound, they really made our wedding magical! The company overall is great. Very responsive, communicative, and easy to work with. So happy that I went with On The Beat, and Route 66!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Gary · Married on 10/16/2016

Best Investment for Entertainment!

Easily the best part of our wedding, both the ceremony and reception. Had endless compliments about how much of an impact the band made. They sound amazing!

Rob is incredibly organized and professional, and made the process incredibly easy and fun at the same time. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

If there's anything you're going to spend a bit extra on for your wedding, these guys take it to a new level.

Sent on 11/15/2018

On The Beat Music Agency's reply:

Thank you Gary! We strive for perfection and for a good time had by all. Hope to celebrate with you again soon :)

MICHAEL · Married on 09/10/2016

This band made my wedding. Literally, the only complaint our guests had about our wedding night was that the band should have played more. I worked with Rob and his team to curate a playlist, and they did not disappoint. We gave them about 100 songs to choose from, and they whittled it down, made a setlist, and kept the dance floor packed all night. It's worth noting that our playlist ranged from Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder to Hall and Oates and David Bowie. I cannot say enough good things about them. I have dreams about throwing a non-wedding party and having the same band play.

100% would hire again, and have referred many friends to On The Beat.

Sent on 07/24/2018

On The Beat Music Agency's reply:

Thank you Michael! We would love another excuse to dance the night away with your guests... perhaps Monday is a good enough excuse? Wishing you the best!

Ripley · Married on 08/31/2013

Love them. SO THRILLED with the incredible talent and professionalism! They saved us when our band dropped out last minute. The communication was amazing and the quality of the talent was fabulous. They're now our go-to anytime we need a band/musician. I have very high expectations and they were exceeded. Would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 09/19/2018

On The Beat Music Agency's reply:

Thank you Ripley for letting us be apart of your wedding celebration! We were THRILLED to jump in and to make it an amazing evening.

Dino · Married on 03/16/2013

On the Beat sent us the *best* band for our wedding and were such a delight to work with. Disclaimer: I'm a professional musician. No, really - not like your cousin who DJs on Tuesday nights - it's what I do for a living. As such, I'm deathly allergic to bad live music - I feel embarrassed for them, I'm all on-edge, and I can't concentrate on anything else... it's just a mess. In any case, I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER with the band OTB sent my wife and I for our special day. They were lovely guys who were very accommodating, played wonderfully, and were really a great presence. There isn't enough said about how important the personal factor is when dealing with wedding vendors, but these people are going to be spending your wedding with you, so it's important that they're the kind of folks you'd want to hang out with on your wedding day! OTB took care of all of that and really just took all the worry out of booking a musical act for our day. Thanks so much to On the Beat for their wonderful support and professionalism - we'll definitely be calling them for events in the future.

Sent on 08/17/2018

On The Beat Music Agency's reply:

Thanks Dino!!! We loved hanging with you too and it is always so heart warming to hear how much you enjoyed yourselves. Cheers to the next celebration.
  • drobaire

David · Married on 05/02/2010

All overwhelmingly positive!

"On The Beat" put together the band for my dad's wedding. Everything about it was absolutely amazing. I'm a professional musician myself, and (naturally) have very high standards for live music. The band was so funky and had everyone dancing the whole night, and everything about the experience was beyond professional. Honestly, I couldn't recommend On The Beat more.

Sent on 09/10/2019

On The Beat Music Agency's reply:

Thank you David! We had a great time dancing the night away with you all and do hope to find an excuse to do it again soon.

Michael & Debra Klein · Married on 06/30/2019

Exceeds Expectations

When my wife and I sat down to plan our wedding we had a vision of an unforgettable night surrounded by the people we love enjoying the best of everything that we could possibly supply/provide. On June 30th 2019, at a sweet Malibu venue, our vision came to life and to say the night was perfect would be bold - but perhaps not overstated. It's hard to capture in words (even for a humble verbal painter), the ambiance, the energy, the pure joy that the Sir Duke band emanated from the stage. It's on those rare occasions when we our decision exceeds expectations that life seems to vibrate in harmony and sound and color are never quite as vibrant as in those moments. As I looked out from the bobbing sea of crisp tuxedos and fresh evening gowns, moving in time with the sounds of Sir Duke I knew this one of those occasions. To say the band exceeded expectations is a vast understatement and perhaps the only way to comprehend their virtuosity is simply to make that decision and book them. Quite simply put, Sir Duke exceeds expectations.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Kazuo · Married on 06/09/2018

You will not regret getting this band (Soul Station). These band was totally legit. Honestly, I had my doubts and wanted to spend less and get a DJ, but I’m sure glad we didn’t. They have done several weddings and so they are experts. Since this was my first (and hopefully my only one): I looked to them to help guide me thru the process. Robert was communicative and informative. He took the time to jump on the phone with me and give me his opinions and suggestions. He worked with the onsite coordinator so I didn’t have to really do anything, Next thing I know they were all set up and playing for the guests, Everyone after the wedding talked about how great they were....I agree! Exceeded my expectations. They learned a song and made it sound like they wrote it! All their songs sounded just as good as the original if not better. They were attentive at every part of the wedding and even chimed in at the perfect spot when the maid of honor mentioned a tambourine in her speech. The lead singer came out and worked the crowd even though he didn’t need to since the crowd was already having a great time. Honestly, I have been to weddings where not many people danced or felt forced to dance to make the bride and groom happy. This band had everyone out there because the music moved them...no joke! Highly recommend! Please reach out for any questions.
    We went with a 7 piece band and added an additional singer last minute as a surprise gift for my wife. Definitely get a female singer. Ours was fantastic!

Sent on 07/08/2018