29 Reviews for Omar's Carriage House

Premium Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
29 Omar's Carriage House Reviews

LOOK, EVERY TIME I TOLD SOMEONE THEY WERE MY CATERER, THEY TOLD ME HOW GREAT THEY WERE! EVERYONE AT THE WEDDING LOVED THE FOOD!!

Profile Picture Diana, 4/8/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Y'all. The food at our wedding was AMAZING. Everyone kept asking who our caterer was and some guests even went to Omar's the day after the wedding! The price is unbeatable, the quality is fantastic, and the staff is so friendly and helpful!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

The folks at Omar's Carriage House (specifically, Shaina Sandler) are rockstars!! Our event (a same-sex wedding for approximately 150 people at Half Moone Cruise & Celebration Center) was flawless! From start to finish, we found Omar's to be professional, helpful, knowledgeable, and an amazing value.

I'll confess--I was very particular about our event. I had a very specific vision and needed our caterer to do A LOT of the heavy lifting to make it happen. Even though I was (admittedly) a bit of a Groom-Zilla, Shaina didn't even bat an eye when I gave her our 32 page wedding plan!

Before the big day, Shaina helped us pick the menu, arranged the necessary rentals (including stuff I didn't think they would handle--like the stage for the band!!), and coordinated with the venue. She went over and beyond to make our event uniquely us (and special!) with little touches like a late night nacho bar.

Our wedding was unique in that we held the reception in the same venue as the ceremony. The amazing staff at Omar's took care of setting up the chairs and tables for the ceremony, then flipping the room for the reception while we enjoyed cocktail hour. At the end, they even cleaned everything up! They did all of this efficiently, and with a smile. Hands down, we could not have done it without them.

Let's talk food and bar service. We found the food and alcohol to be an incredible value! There was plenty of everything, it was fresh and ready on time, and our guests loved it. The waitstaff was friendly and personable--again, we received lots of compliments.

All and all, we would not change a thing, and would definitely use Omar's all over again!

Profile Picture Jason, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer

If you haven't decided on a caterer, then book Omar's Carriage House! You will not regret it. Shaina and her team helped make our wedding one of the most memorable experiences in our lives. They were easy to work with and super responsive to our email conversations. The food was excellent and our guests routinely complimented us on the food selections that we chose. Do yourselves a favor and use Omar's Carriage House for all your catering needs.

Profile Picture User7288654, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Shaina was very thorough, and answered all my questions. The catering team was great- everyone was friendly and they seemed to enjoy the wedding just as much as we did.

Profile Picture User7383724, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Shania and the staff were amazing!!! They were extremely professional, helpful, and went above an beyond. The food was fantastic and the display and set up of the venue for each table set the ambiance for the evening.

Profile Picture John, 7/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Shaina at Omar's was wonderful to work with! They allowed us to make a menu all our own and it was to die for. We still go to Omar's to eat lunch. We loved them catering our wedding.

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Omar's Carriage House was an amazing caterer for our wedding! We used them for our cocktail hour hor d'oeuvres, reception dinner buffet, and bars. Shaina was really top-notch - she was fast to respond, flexible with our orders, and was really nice. And the food was not only delicious, but presented well. They were very accommodating, made an amazing menu, respected our budget, and were true professionals. They were mindful of what guests really like and made great suggestions - like dessert options and an antipasto display. We've been to a number of weddings and thought their food was really stand-out. Their mac and cheese should be sold by the buckets! I never had to worry about them, they are true professionals and handled everything with ease. Thank you Omar's!!

A + M

Profile Picture User5248785, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Mediterranean, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Omar's made planning the most important part of our wedding - our guests' food and drink - a breeze! For starters, Shaina is an amazing event manager and truly went above and beyond to help our vision come to life. Her familiarity with our venue and our other vendors, and her positive rapport with them, also made planning seamless. The food was delicious, and a fantastic value for the high quality of food and service that Omar's provides. They were also gracious enough to let me incorporate some family serving pieces into the presentation of our dinner stations, helping bring a personal touch to our event. It was truly a pleasure to work with Omar's and I cannot recommend them more highly. Thank you Omar and team!

Profile Picture Maria, 12/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, American, French, Mediterranean

I don't know what I loved more about them: the value, the quality of food, or the amazing service by everyone I spoke to at every level. Not only is this an AMAZING restaurant but Omar's is also a top notch wedding catering company. This was easily the BEST decision I made for my wedding. I never felt uneasy or worried because I was reassured by Omar's EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this establishment and neither can my wedding guests. My husband & I wanted memorable food at our wedding & that is exactly what we got. Almost a month after my wedding, guests are STILL complimenting Omar's food & staff. Omar's has gained a loyal customer in my entire family & I can't wait to go there for the first time as a married couple. The restaurant is just as wonderful as the catering. I would highly recommend Omar's to anyone planning a big party. I just love them!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Omar's Carriage House was super easy to work with and the food was absolutely amazing! They really helped us out and went beyond what was expected of them especially on the night of the wedding. The event would not have been perfect without them. The staff was very professional and kept everything well stocked. The presentation of the food was phenominal and I couldn't have asked for more. Shaina was very helpful and always responded quickly to my emails. She knows how to be patient with worrisome brides like me.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were extremely pleased with the food, service, and the flexibility during very unpredictable weather.

Profile Picture Cheri , 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Great food, great service! Would highly recommend Omar's for your wedding or event. Very personable, flexible, knowledgeable, and supportive. Made our event more than we could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture kim, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Southern, Vegetarian

Before we met with Shaina we were a bit apprehensive about the possibility of having Omar's cater our wedding because we love their food and assumed they would be outside of our budget. Luckily, we met with Shaina and found out that Omar's has an extensive menu that is flexible and worked with our budget. We were able to give a wish list of items and she provided us with an amazing menu. As a vegetarian, having tasty veggie and vegan options was extremely important to me. Omar's offers Gardien chicken along with other wonderful veggie sides and they created my personal favorite (I want more now) vegetarian southern style collard greens!!!!! Our guests looooved the food and continue to rave about it. Our wedding was outdoors and it rained monsoon-style before and during the ceremony. The staff were extremely flexible in moving our ceremony into the dinner tent and we never once saw them or heard them complain. That is amazing seeing how crazy things got! We even asked them to open the bar early because of the rain delay. The staff rolled with the weather and changes caused by it with the utmost professionalism and we are so glad we chose them. If you want food you and your guests will never forget, service so great you don't have to worry about it at all, and wonderful people to work with all within your budget then let Omar's cater your wedding. I promise you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Southern, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Chairs, Tables

From planning to execution the experience could not have been better! The food was absolutely delicious. The catering/bar team were attentive and professional. Our guests just loved them and we could not be happier with the experiece. Omar's is truly the best!

Profile Picture Vince, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

When we booked with our venue for our wedding in June, I chose Omar's immediately from the preferred list of vendors. I have patronized Omar's resturant in the past and they are truly the epitome of local Norfolk cuisine. Their menu had incredible variety and creativity and the process of working with Shaina couldn't not have been easier. At our first tasting, my now husband was deathly ill and was unable to attend, so Shaina allowed us to come in for a second tasting at no charge; I knew that we had chosen a group of people who are not only professional, but truly care about their customers. I also chose Omar's because Shaina was especially knowledgeable about the functionality and layout of Half Moone and since that Venus can be tricky for vendors, I trusted her to plan the logistics and everything when perfectly. On the day of our wedding, and after the ceremony, we invited our guests out onto the balcony for cocktail hour. There, we had an unbelieveable imported cheese tower, and passing trays of chicken and waffle bites as well as pesto shrimp bruschetta. For our main courses, we had a carving station, Mac and cheese, mini pork BBQ sandwiches, mini crabcakes, salad, and veggies; all prepared fresh and to perfection. People continue to rave about our wedding menu today! And Omar himself even stopped by to see how things were going! Honestly, I could not say enough great things about Omar's Carriage House and Catering. Thanks again Shaina!!! Xoxo

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Omar's Carriage House did an outstanding job catering at our wedding! I had looked at probably a dozen different places before stumbling upon them, and by far they have the best food for the best price that I was able to find. My husband and I really wanted a Chipotle theme (but Chipotle does not provide full catering services, catering portions are tiny, and their appetizer choice is basically chips and dip). Omar's recreated a "burrito bowl" spread, taking into account every little change I wanted to make-- the food turned out PERFECTLY. In addition to the main course, people were raving about the appetizers (imagine delicious puff pastry empanadas filled with pulled pork over a pineapple salsa, or ginger-lime tuna served with guacamole mousse in a shot glass). Absolute deliciousness! I don't think I will ever go to another wedding with food this yummy-- unless of course Omar's is catering.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Loved working with Omar's Carriage house for our wedding. They take the time to listen to you and make everything perfect. They also work with you to fit your budget and take the time to answer all your questions. On the day off their service was outstanding. We loved how the staff knew who the key people were such as the mother of the bride and etc....and made sure all their needs were met. As well as calling us (the bride and groom) by our first names.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 4/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Omar’s Carriage House not only has amazingly delicious food but all of my guests commented on how attentive and pleasant the staff ware. The Catering Manager and Executive Chef worked with me to deliver the most fantastic menu, including an amazing appetizer duo with a stunning presentation. After special dietary needs were calculated, they offered an additional hors d'oeuvre to ensure all guests were able to get at least a bite among several options. I could not have asked for a better day and much of the success was due to Omar’s delivery & execution.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Delicious food, awesome staff, and best of all affordable catering prices!! Loved them and would use them for any future event!

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great food & my buffet moved so smooth. I had been to some weddings were the buffet was a nightmare but I can honestly say that they were the best! Shania is FANTASTIC, I cannot say enough about ALL that she did to make sure our day was perfect. I hope that Omar is aware how much of an asset that she is to the the company. The bar staff was also top notch, specifically the really fun guy they had working. He really helped make our guest enjoy themselves with this "turn-up" drink with a secret recipe. I cannot say enough about how good they were to us, I would choose them again if I had too.

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Omar's Carriage House was wonderful! Shaina was my primary point of contact was day one and made sure our wedding was perfect (in more ways than just food). She was incredibly responsive and answered SO many emails from me. We were able to do a tasting, which was delicious and were offered to come back for more. I was very impressed by the amount of options and the pricing. Also, we had 5 beer choices (including some local beers) and 5 wine choices for one low price. After reviewing many different caterers, this was definitely the best deal I found. Omar's also handed all the linen, table, and utensil rentals, which made things very easy for me. On the day of the wedding, the staff was polite and professional. And, the food was delicious! Several guests told me it was the best wedding food they had ever had! I am very pleased we chose Omar's Carriage House as our caterer!

Profile Picture Christine, 4/5/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Omar and his staff were an incredible group to work with. They were very professional, honest, and worked hard to make the schedule of our seated dinner work. All of my guests were very impressed with the presentation of the meal, and the timing of the courses. They worked quickly, effective, and efficiently, especially considering that our reception venue was the same as the ceremony. They changed the room over in about 30 minutes, which was great for 150 guests, while they had a cocktail hour. Omar will make sure the food is great and presented beautifully!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/8/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone raved about the food that Omar's provided! Many of our guests and I are vegan and many of them said it was the most they were ever able to eat at a wedding. My mom worked with Shaina and said she was fantastic. The staff that came to our wedding was professional, helpful, and so much fun. We really enjoyed their services. Overall, we really enjoyed Omar's and would recommend.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/22/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, American, Asian, Local, Southern