Olivia Jacob Photography Reviews

63 | Arlington, VA

63 Reviews for Olivia Jacob Photography

63 Olivia Jacob Photography Reviews

Kate · Married on 09/15/2018

I highly recommend Olivia Jacob and her team!!! Olivia and her second shooter did an incredible job capturing our special day. The portrait photos are all amazing, which is miraculous because my husband HATES having his picture taken. The candid photos from the event are even more perfect. I am crying tears of happiness looking at them! In addition to delivering amazing pictures, Olivia was also adept at keeping the event on schedule. She managed to take portrait photos with our large extended families, immediate families, and the two of us in roughly 50 minutes! Lastly, she was very professional, a pleasure to work/ interact with, and her services were quite affordable for the DC area. We cannot thank Olivia enough for her amazing work!

Braelyn · Married on 07/28/2018

Olivia was so wonderful to work with! Highly recommend her!!

belen · Married on 06/02/2018

Wonderful! We had an amazing experience with Olivia and her team. They did an amazing job and were able to capture so many emotions and candid moments from us and our guests during our civil wedding. We had pictures at Meridian Park, Marriage Bureau and our roof deck celebration. Through her eyes and pictures, even the dull marriage buro became fun and romantic. It was easy to work with them, they were supportive, flexible and fun to work with. She kept us relaxed during the shooting and brought an amazing positive energy. I would totally recommend her and her team. Thanks Olivia for capturing our love and for creating long lasting memories.

Tristan · Married on 10/21/2017

Olivia was a fantastic wedding photographer, I cannot say enough about how kind, talented, artistic, and efficient she was. She did both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures, and was very professional and responsive throughout the planning process, even agreeing at the last minute to lengthen the day-of shooting. The pictures could not have turned out better. I told Olivia initially that what attracted me to her pictures was the fact that they were "photojournalistic" rather than heavily edited, posed, trendy shots. Instead, I felt that she captured real emotions and were edited our photos a way that it timeless. She created a perfect mixture of posed shots and candid shots, and captured a lot of genuine emotion on the faces of myself, my husband, and our guests.

Logistically, Olivia was also a dream to work with. She patiently herded my giant family into family photos, and didn't belabor the process, which helped keep the day moving. Her second shooters went above and beyond to make the pictures great. At one point, her second shooter for our wedding had my little brother (one of the groomsmen) hoist her up on to the railing near the dance floor so she could take pictures from above. I cannot recommend Olivia (and her team) highly enough!

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

Olivia was absolutely amazing! She was wonderful to work with , easy going, fun , responsive and kind but above all we looked fabulous and happy in every picture!

Olivia Jacob Photography 1

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

Olivia is AMAZING and captured every emotion of our wedding perfectly. Olivia, you are fantastic - thank you for being so flexible, friendly, and supportive. You made everything so easy and I could not have wished for more from our wedding photographer. I will be recommending you to my friends who get engaged!

Kila · Married on 09/30/2017

Olivia photographed our engagement and wedding day this past September 30 2017. She was absolutely amazing in every step of the process. She is professional, kind, and absolutely an amazing photographer. We couldn’t be more happy with the whole process and photos we received. Highly recommend her.

Nick · Married on 09/03/2017

With a background in photography, we spent the better part of a month researching photographers for our wedding. Our short-list started at over 30 and was slowly whittled down to 6. We met with Olivia first, thoroughly discussed our needs, and immediately hit it off with her. We knew we didn't need to look any further as her photographic ideology aligned perfectly with what we wanted.

Olivia's communication prior to the wedding was stellar--perhaps the best we had with any of our vendors. She was always proactive, solicited thorough details for what we wanted, and replied lightning-fast to any of our queries.

Day of, Olivia and her second shooter were punctual, efficient, and absolutely spot on with every shot. Our wedding was smaller and more intimate than average but in an exciting venue that afforded a lot of opportunities for incredible photos, and Olivia took advantage of every single one of those spots for posed portraits. She was incredibly patient while our families assembled themselves for portraits and provided precise instructions that got everyone quickly through the predetermined shot list. She was especially careful at capturing the details on our wedding attire as she knew both the bride's dress and the groom's coat were handmade by the bride.

Her candids blew us out of the water. Every aspect of her lighting setup, shooting angles, composition--just superb. Finding someone who we thought could capture great posed shots as well as hit the candids one after another was, by far, the biggest challenge of this whole process, but Olivia expertly captured every moment of our wedding and reception.

We also had a rather unique aspect to our wedding day that Olivia fulfilled expertly without hesitation--an after-party through a busy downtown bar/club scene. These are NOT ideal shooting conditions--poor lighting, big crowds. But she nailed all of those shots too.

If Olivia is on your shortlist, start with her and save yourself some time.

Olivia Jacob Photography 2
    Olivia Jacob Photography 9
    Olivia Jacob Photography 10
    Olivia Jacob Photography 11

JILL · Married on 07/01/2017

We could not have selected a better photographer for our daughter's wedding for all the money in the world! Olivia Jacobs was on-site with us all the time, but was so unobtrusive you hardly knew she was there. She took every single picture we requested and so many more! She was creative, artistic, sensitive to our desires, and such a calming pleasure from start to finish. Although the weather was hot, hot, hot, Olivia had the wedding party out in the field and back to the cocktail party in record time! She scouted out the area a good hour in advance, finding the very best scenes, nooks & crannies, and beauty for each photo. I highly recommend this talented photographer to capture your prized moments. You will not be disappointed! Thank you, Olivia, from the bottom of our hearts.

Shana · Married on 07/01/2017

I will be recommending Olivia Jacob Photography to anyone and everyone I meet that is getting married or has any reason in the whole world to hire a photographer!! Olivia is the whole package. She is so nice and fun and energetic and passionate. We loved everything about her personality. She was wonderful during our engagement session and so helpful while talking us through poses and making sure that we were having fun. We fell in love with the pictures and knew we had made the right choice after that encounter alone. And then came our wedding day, where she captured every special moment, every emotion, every candid smile and tear. She made the pictures fun and knew exactly what we wanted. To say that we love our wedding pictures is the understatement of the year. I COULD NOT have asked for more beautiful pictures capturing literally everything I could've ever wanted. We cannot stop looking at them and can't wait to print some out and display them around the house. Our families and friends have been so unbelievably complimentary of Olivia and the masterful pictures that she gave to us. Please please please chose Olivia as your wedding photographer. You will not regret it!! I just hope I have another reason to need a photographer in the future so that we can ask her to take more pictures for us! Thank you Olivia, from the bottom of our hearts, for making us feel so special on our wedding day and for having the most beautiful memories to look back on.
    Love,
    Shana and Zak

Angela · Married on 06/17/2017

From the very beginning Olivia worked with us to plan and execute a perfect day. Her suggestions and expertise were extremely helpful but she always made it clear that it was our day and our prerogative to have it our way. The day of Olivia and her team were professional and helpful, keeping us comfortable and relaxed. Her eye and talent for keeping us loose resulted in absolutely perfect pictures, both posed and candid. During the event, Olivia and her team were nearly invisible but managed to capture everything we could have asked for in stunning fashion. These pictures will no doubt stand the test of time and we could not be more pleased with how they turned out. Highly recommend!!!

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

Olivia was amazing -- easy to work with, flexible, able to answer all my questions and was professional. Our pictures will last us a lifetime and we are so happy with the outcome. I told her exactly what I was looking for and she was able to execute my requests, beyond my wildest dreams. I would recommend working with Olivia to anyone planning a wedding!

Phoebe · Married on 05/13/2017

Olivia was amazing!!! I just received my wedding photographs a little less than three weeks after my wedding and I could not be happier. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was the photographer and having awesome pictures. I researched photographers endlessly. What stood out for me was how she aims to capture the overall emotion and flow of the wedding day. No endless boring portrait photos (although of course we took a couple of those as well to appease family members) but what I really wanted was for her to capture the fun and emotion of the day. She also stepped back and let the moments happen - no forced awkward photos which I really appreciated. She helped guide us during our first look but overall she was very easy going and during the reception I forgot she was there! Could not be happier with her. Thank you!!

Alexandra · Married on 05/06/2017

There are so many flattering things I want to say about Olivia, so I'll have to break it up into sections (but TLDR: she is amazing and I highly recommend booking her before someone else does):

PROFESSIONALISM. Olivia is kind, fun, engaged, and very responsive (even when I was not). My husband and I did not have any social media at the time, so we didn’t feel comfortable in front of the camera; Olivia worked with our shyness. She was also open to any suggestions we had. She respected all of our requests, and was gracious in the most hectic times during the day.

FLEXIBILITY. We had a ceremony in a cramped church, followed by a backyard reception (except it rained on our wedding day, so most of the reception had to be moved inside the house). None of this fazed Olivia, and she worked with tight spaces and awkward backgrounds to create beautiful pictures.

PRESENCE. For our engagement photos, Olivia was patient and helpful as she explained how we should best pose ourselves. She took advantage of that time to talk to us about how to get good shots on our wedding day (e.g., reminding us to do a second kiss down the aisle). For our wedding day, Olivia, the second photographer, and her assistant (her awesome son!) were very sneaky during the day’s events, but still captured beautiful candid shots.

VALUE. Olivia is worth more than she charges, especially for the DC area. I was quoted a ‘reduced’ rate by a family friend that was still 60% more expensive than what Olivia charged, and did not include engagement photos. Olivia gave us more photos than we know what to do with, both hosted online for six months and on a flash-drive. Comparing my experience to a few coworkers who got married around the same time, I got the best deal.

QUALITY. Her portfolio speaks for itself! I normally hate the way I look in photos, but love my wedding pictures. I am so grateful for Olivia and her business for these beautiful shots.

Olivia Jacob Photography 12
    Olivia Jacob Photography 17
    Olivia Jacob Photography 18
    Olivia Jacob Photography 19

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

I give a whole-hearted, two-thumbs up recommendation for Olivia. Not only is she super friendly while also being extremely professional, the pictures we got from our wedding day are unbelievable (I posted the link to our "photo preview" on Facebook, and people that I haven't spoken to in years came out of the woodwork to comment on what stunning pictures they were). Hire Olivia, and trust in her expertise. For formal (posed) pictures, she has the eye for what will make a great photo, and she can direct you and position you to make that happen. For candid shots, she was taking a million photos all evening, at every turn and every reception event -- which yielded many of my very favorite pictures from the whole night. 100% recommend!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2017

We met with Olivia over a year in advance of our wedding. We knew we were having a very small wedding so we wanted to have a photographer who would be able to capture the tiny moments as well as the big things that we're going on during the day. After looking through about 40 different photographers Olivia was the perfect balance of detail shots, candids and family posed photos. On the day of the wedding she certainly did not disappoint. She even helped to call me down as I was waiting to get married. She captured everything from my mom brushing my hair before the wedding to my sister trying out lipstick to make sure it was the right color for the day. At her second shooter was amazing. Her second shooter stayed with my fiance during the setup of the reception venue and did his groom portraits. During the actual event I hardly noticed that they were there. But when we got the photos back they had captured every single moment and then some. Olivia with a dream to work with and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on our wedding day. If you have any doubts about her put them aside she is a wonderful person, extremely professional, and the photos she produces are magnificent. From our 8 Hour event, we received over 600 perfect and edited photos. Olivia and her second shooter are truly a delight and we highly encourage anyone and everyone to request them for their wedding.

Alex · Married on 04/08/2017

Olivia is wonderful. She took both our engagement and wedding photos, and we would hire her again for any other photography needs. She's incredibly easy to work with, super accommodating, and her pictures are perfect. For the posed pictures, she's willing to wander into the woods in inappropriate shoes to get the perfect shot. During the ceremony and reception, we didn't notice that she and Ash (her second shooter) were there. Her candid pictures are especially great; she really knows how to capture spontaneous emotion. I can't say enough good things about her.

Hannah · Married on 03/25/2017

Olivia is fantastic. Not only do we love our photos from our engagement shoot and our wedding, but Olivia herself is great. She is very warm and funny and does a great job to relax everyone around her. We really felt she went the extra mile for us.

Suzanne · Married on 12/31/2016

Olivia is amazing! We had the pleasure of working with her for our 12/31/16 wedding at Stone Tower Winery. Olivia is so warm and friendly, she feels like a friend from the first the moment you meet her. Our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the photography team was on the day of the wedding. Olivia scoped out the best places for pictures and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. The pictures are stunning and tell the story of our wedding day perfectly. I could go on and on about Olivia for hours- she is truly talented and we are so happy that we were able to work with her. Thank you, Olivia!!

anita · Married on 11/25/2016

Olivia is extremely nice, flexible, and honest. I was out of country and only had 24 hours to get engagement photos in DC and Olivia did such a good job that I ended up booking her for my civil ceremony at the War Memorial! It was supposed to be 20 people and when it turned into a 60+ person event, Olivia was flexible and honest about how to get the best photos. She was with us from when I got my hair done at 7am to when the party ended close to 10pm and was extremely nice and fun throughout the process. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a laid back photographer who really enjoys what she does and has a serious talent that shows in her excitement when she takes pictures. Olivia is amazing!

Emma · Married on 10/29/2016

Olivia did an AMAZING job. She is extremely responsive which is huge for wedding vendors. She has a great personality- I felt at ease with her the entire day and felt like we really "clicked". She made me feel very comfortable. She was very assertive and made sure she got all the shots we wanted. The photos are stunning. I will cherish them forever. Choosing the right photographer was one of my biggest priorities for my wedding and I couldn't be happier with Olivia's work.

Angelina · Married on 10/15/2016

We used Olivia's services for both our engagement session and our wedding day. We're so happy to have been able to work with her. She is super nice, really responsive, and has a personality that makes you very comfortable. No matter how much you love taking pictures, it can still feel really stiff (especially an engagement session) because you just don't know what you're doing or how to pose. She really helped us be comfortable in front of the camera.

Prior to our wedding day, I had a CRAZY long shot list because I didn't realize how long it took to take pictures. She helped me on timing and slimming our shot list down. (Side note: I had asked her what her ideal timeline would be on a wedding day - and we went with what she suggested. It made the most sense from both a scheduling point of view and for the best photos!). On our wedding day, she and her second shooter were great. We have a wonderful mix of portraits and candids. She really captured our day - everything from small details (like the invitation suite and programs that we had worked so hard on) to portraits (which included an outfit change for the cocktail hour!) to candids during the reception... all beautiful.

Her turnaround time was incredible (especially compared to some of the horror stories I've heard of people waiting months and months and months). The number of photos we received was incredible. Her price is reasonable. She is great and you will not be disappointed if you work with her. She will truly capture your wedding day with your friends and family celebrating, and remind you of so many things that you missed or forgot because the day just flew by.

Diana · Married on 10/09/2016

We were so happy with Olivia's photography for our wedding! Every part of the process was simple, which was so appreciated in the sometimes complicated planning process. I chose to work with Olivia based on samples of her work-- she captures the small, candid moments so well. She was always quick to respond to questions, and gave us valuable advice which helped make our wedding day less stressful. At the same time, she was very flexible. On the wedding day, she and her assistant were a pleasure to work with-- they made the formal portraits fun, and during the ceremony and reception blended into the party taking pictures. After seeing the photos, I was so impressed by all the great moments that were captured, even when I hadn't realized anyone was taking a photo.

Rebecca · Married on 10/08/2016

Olivia was exactly who we needed to photograph our wedding. She was great at communication, direction, and put us both at ease. Our wedding was joyful and filled with fun and she captured that beautifully. There were no cheesy poses nor awkward shots, just moments captured of smiling faces, dancing bodies, and happy loved ones. Olivia's prices are very reasonable for the area, and she is worth every penny. I would wholeheartedly recommend Olivia Jacob as your wedding photographer without reservation.