Olde Tymes Restaurant Reviews

36 Reviews for Olde Tymes Restaurant

1 User photo

Olde Tymes Restaurant 1

Dorine · Married on 09/01/2018

Debbie and her staff are great. They go above and beyond, we were very pleased with their attention to detail, they are very professional, the food was amazing!!!! The prices are reasonable. They made the day stress free, we are very thankful to them. Would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Dorine, after years of printing photos of our catering jobs and picking them up from you, it was great working with you and your family on an actual catering job. We were especially excited that you chose a new venue location that we had not worked from in the past: Baldwin Brook Farm. We wish Dennis and Penny their very own version of Happily Ever After!

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2018

Perfection!

Great food, great staff. All for a very reasonable price. Couldn't have been better.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Linda · Married on 03/17/2018

Everything went as planned and service was excellent!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Linda! Short n Sweet review that says it all!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/08/2017

We decided that food was one of the most important aspects of our wedding day. Being on a budget made it difficult to find a wedding caterer so we decided to source locally. My husband and I love having breakfast at Old Tymes so it made sense to go through them, it was defiantly the best choice. Deb was awesome to work with and really listened to our needs and helped us get the most out of our money. Whenever I had a question not only did she have an answer but she would reply super quickly. We rented our linens and chairs through them as well and everything was beautiful. The food was hot and delicious plus they offer enough of a variety to satisfy the different eating habits of all my guests. The staff were friendly and good humored. My guests were super impressed!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was a long, busy season with your wedding being the last one of 2017! All I can say is what a nice way to end the year! Such a sweet wedding and my staff had such a wonderful time. Congratulations and best wishes to you!!

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

Olde Tymes was more than exceptional while catering my wedding. When the crew first arrived they all chipped in helping me with whatever I needed help with setting up and helped me be able to relax. The food was delicious and everyone was very respectful! I would definitely recommend olde tymes catering!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Jessica, what a fun crowd you had. Very cool to see a wedding held at a unique venue!

Chris and Renee · Married on 03/25/2017

Simply-DO IT! Deb goes above and beyond to make the event the best ever. She couldn't have been more helpful and knowledgeable. Made it so easy for us "do it yourselfers" and we can't say enough about her. The food was exceptional at an awesome reasonable price. Everything was done top notch without a hitch. Could not have done this wedding without her. Forever grateful! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Chris and Renee are the type of clients I love working with. Not so worried about all the crazy little details that go into the day as much as they were just plain excited about starting their married life together. It doesn't take an unlimited budget to have the day of your dreams!

Bethany · Married on 09/03/2016

We used Olde Tymes to cater our wedding, after a friend recommended them to us. From the first time we sat down with her, Debbie was fantastic! She is very knowledgeable with wedding planning and even made menu accommodations for the kids! :)
    She came and set up everything the day before the wedding, which made our set up easier, because we knew where she needed everything she'd be using.
    We had a small wedding of about 30 people, and Debbie did the service all by herself, and did a fantastic job! The food was hot, and there was enough to feed a small country!
    We would like to thank you Debbie, and Olde Tymes, for helping make our day even more special! We would highly recommend you to anyone looking for a catering service. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Bethany, we want our potential clients to know that we give all our couples the same level of service whether their guest list is 30 or 300. Wishing you all the best!

Beth · Married on 11/01/2015

Old Tymes catered my daughter's wedding at the Branford house in Groton. I couldn't have made a better choice. They really know there stuff and made the day go so smoothly. I would definitely choose them again.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

The Branford House is a gorgeous location and we always look forward to catering weddings and events at this location. What gorgeous photos were taken that day, Julie and Jeremy were just the sweetest couple!

Britney · Married on 09/05/2015

Such a wonderful place to eat, and the food is delicious, I'm happy we were able to have them cater our wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Courtney · event on 11/20/2014

Our custom menu was out of this world! the food was absolutely phenomenal and the catering end went flawlessly.
    Debbie and her crew made our event fantastic; seamless planning and amazing unique small bites.
    I will always use them for any future catering events I shall have.
    There are endless compliments and praise that are due.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Susan · event on 10/19/2014

Quality of food and presentation very good.
    Servers very professional and personable.

Sent on 12/10/2014
  • User4484848 · event on 10/02/2014

The Friends of CT State Parks (FCSP) has used Olde Tymes for their Annual Dinner for more than 5 consecutive years, Each year the event is held at a different State Park, with varying themes to match the location of the event for example, German Mountaintop, Shoreline and, Paleontology to name a few. Olde Tymes has been very accommodating in travelling to distant locations and, serving amazing themed dishes to add to the festivities of the evening. For a private non-profit, price is always a consideration and, Olde Tymes beats the competition every time. FCSP would highly recommend Olde Tymes for your catering needs

Sent on 10/19/2014

Melissa · event on 10/01/2014

Debbie was great to work with. Very Professional and knowledgeable with what would work, for a business event.
    She and her staff, set up and were very efficient and we never even would of known they were there. Very quiet and worked well together.
    Debbie stayed for the event and was very pleasant and our customers seemed to be enjoying speaking to her.
    will definitely be calling her again, for another Event!!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Joan · Married on 09/27/2014

Great Job Old Tymes…the food was so delicious. And the service was excellent. The staff was so warm, polite, efficient and accommodating. And, most important, they knew exactly how things needed to happen at our venue and gave us helpful advice all along the way. The staff made our guests feel so welcomed and relaxed the entire time. And Debbie White at Old Tymes was extremely helpful right from the start when we met. Debbie was always available with answers to questions, and advice about what would work out best in order to comply with the rules of the facility at Rocky Neck . Having that knowledge and access to her made it easier to plan for the day without having any surprises in the final hour.
    And then the final hour….what a great time. We are thankful for wonderful weather, the gorgeous setting and the skillful and delicious part that we were glad to have with Old Tymes Catering.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Stacey · Married on 06/21/2014

Hello Fellow Wedding Planners!
    I am a newly wed as of June 21, 2014 and wanted to share my experience with Olde Tymes Restaurant of Norwich, CT. Let me start by saying, we got married at Rocky Neck State Park in Niantic CT. If you are not familiar with the pavilion at Rocky Neck State Park, I suggest you google image it, because the venue is perfect for a wedding. My husband and I knew if we could make it work financially, this would be our spot. Rocky Neck has a small list of approved vendors, and were we lucky to find Olde Tymes Restaurant and their catering coordinator Debbie White on the list. Olde Tymes ended up being the most affordable with the most options for food and bar. They were up front and honest with prices, breaking it down option by option. We didn't know when we signed our contract, just how helpful Debbie would end up being. She has many connections and has worked with with many other awesome vendors, so she was able to provide us with reviews and suggestions. Having worked with Rocky Neck before, Debbie knows how important the rules are to follow and how to set the place up in record timing. Her staff was amazing too! SO friendly and willing to go above and beyond to help. You can trust your day will go smoothly with Debbie. She is very good under pressure and just the problem solver you need if anything should go astray. I should mention that our guests LOVED the food too! I feel forever grateful for Debbie and Olde Tymes for not only there great service but for all there support as well. Being a bride on budget, I was SO happy we were able to get married at beautiful venue on the beach. If it wasn't for Olde Tymes I know this wouldn't have been the case. I can't stress enough, how lucky we feel that we ended up with not only choosing the caterer that had more to offer with a lower price tag, but how much more than a catering vender Debbie and her crew are. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend their food, their service, and their business!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Katrina · Married on 06/14/2014

Debbie and her team were great. Everyone raved about how good the food was. Old Tymes went above and beyond to customize a package to work wigh what we wanted to accomplish. Debbie helped with extras we wanted to add in to our menu, and helped us get just the feel we were looking for.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Katrina gave us the opportunity to work with another vendor who they had chosen to do a pig roast for them. It's always great fun to work with a theme! Thanks for choosing Olde Tymes Catering for your wedding day! Best Wishes from Debbie and the entire staff.

Planning has been so simple with Olde Tymes. My emails are answered quickly and they always have suggestions. Even about things that have nothing to do with catering. Working with all your vendors should be this easy.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Debbie was a pleasure to work with and took care of everything.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Susan · event on 06/29/2013

It was very easy working with Deb and Olde Tymes! They truly had options for all budgets and were attentive to my needs. I had to do some of our coordinating long distance and Deb made it non stressful. Vilma set everything up, took special care of our guests and the guests of honor, and cleaned up to beautifully. She allowed me to enjoy the event. Thank you Deb, Vilma & Old Tymes for making my parents 50th Anniversary outdoor event very special!

Sent on 08/10/2013

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thank You for choosing Olde Tymes Susan. We were happy to be able to help here in Connecticut when circumstances took you to Florida until right before the party.
    From the engagement party to the rehearsal dinner, bachelor/ette party, shower, wedding and the anniversary parties for years to come, Olde Tymes is thrilled to be a part of every type of celebration.

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2013

Debbie was amazing and a great comfort to me during the stressful rush of the wedding. The staff who attended the wedding were excellent. They were polite, were smiling every time I saw them and were truly efficient in all they did. The wedding was great and the food was delicious. My only problem was when it came to Rodney and his rude and cocky attitude. He was the only reason I wouldn't have went with old tymes as a vendor whether he was the one who agreed to the reasonable prices or not. The way he talked to me actually made me cry. He never aplogized or anything. I actually never saw him again before the wedding. If it were not for Debbie I would have never went through with giving them my business since the owner- Rodney- doesn't know how to speak to the customers who are the ones responsible for making his business as successful as it is. But thank you Debbie and thanks to the staff and chef who actually care about the customer and who were the ones who made the experience one to recommend. So if you don't have to deal with Rodney the way I did you'll love it straight through.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Debbie and her staff. Phone calls were returned in a timely manner and all my questions were always answered. Debbie even helped and made suggestions on things that I had no clue about. She was great! The waitstaff that night was awesome, and our guests loved the bartenders!! Food was outstanding!! That was the best beef brisket we have ever had. I had so many compliments about how great the food was!! It was great!! We got married at Rocky Neck, which is a difficult spot with all it's rules and they came in did they're thing and it was spot on!! I would recommend them to anyone!!!! Great value for your money, and you won't break the bank!!!!

Sent on 04/02/2013

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

We want to thank Jessica for her review. She mentioned two things we are extremely proud of: 1 our beef brisket and 2 our reputation at the Rocky Neck pavilion. Olde Tymes Catering is chosen more often than any other caterer so if you are considering this "challenging" location we can help you with the beach wedding of your dreams all while complying fully with the the State park rules.

My husband and I got married at Rocky Neck State park. We had to go with Olde Tymes since they were the only caterer that services the park that we could afford. BUT, knowing what I know now, I would have contracted them even if I had the money to go elsewhere! Debbie was wonderful, she was practically an event coordinator. She made sure everything that was supposed to happen did, and on time, and she rescued us from a couple of disasters that I didn't even know about until I got back from my honeymoon. We changed the menu about 3-4 times before the wedding and it was never a problem. We worked out a menu that we absolutely loved within our budget and everyone raved about the food which was delicious and hot! It was a wonderful day and night and we are so grateful to Debbie at Olde Tymes. I would reccomend them for any event catering especially weddings! We used Olde Tymes to cater brunch the next day also and again, it was perfect!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Kim and Rich · Married on 09/30/2012

Deb and her crew were FANTASTIC!! From our first meeting to the BIG day they took all our worries away!
    They went above and beyond with all their help setting up and breaking down of the reception, and everyone was raving about how GREAT the food was. Thank You Deb and the Olde Tymes Crew!! KIm and Rich

Sent on 04/11/2013

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

The staff at Olde Tymes Catering appreciates your recoginition of all they do to make each and every couple's day "worry free". Guests raving about the great food is the wish of every catering company and as the host it's a terrific reflection as you as well. Thanks, Kim & Rich.

Charissa · Married on 09/29/2012

My husband and I had a Steampunk wedding on a riverboat that had limited resources for food preparation. Old Tymes catering worked with me through the entire process to make sure that everything I was looking for was met while fitting into a rather tight budget. They went out of their way to make substitutions to ensure that my husband and I could eat everything provided (between food allergies and religious observance that is easier said than done!). The food was delicious and plentiful and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

We have to say that this was our first Steampunk wedding. We loved the Victorian influences and welcomed the opportunity to create a menu that not only fit the theme but also allowed the couple and their guests to enjoy every item offered. Getting married at the Valley Railroad location, taking a steam train and boarding a riverboat all added to the ambiance, you felt you had stepped back in time!

Kirstin · Married on 07/15/2012

We were thrilled with the service and food. It was the one thing I did not have to stress about that day. We are so glad we chose them.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Olde Tymes Restaurant's reply:

Thanks for the review Kirstin, as the Mother of the Bride we loved that we could make your day less stressful!