Olde Mill Inn Reviews

345 | Basking Ridge, NJ

345 Reviews for Olde Mill Inn

• ARC

Arc · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Classy place and did a fabulous job with a last minute wedding reception!

Two weeks before my daughter's wedding I called the Olde Mill Inn (where we happen to be booked to stay for the wedding weekend) and asked if they had any availability for a reception on that Friday night. They did and after some great communication with Ms. Kate and Mr. Gabriel, everything worked out excellent! Gabe went above and beyond to make our special evening just perfect. And on top of that, the food was fabulous and the interior and exterior were just gorgeous and classy. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/17/2020
  • Yesenia

Yesenia N. · Getting married on 01/08/2022

Individualized attention at its best

Kate is the absolute best! She responded to all of our emails very quickly and with tons of details answering all of our questions. After our first tour, we decided to visit again before finalizing our decision. She made time to go through both of our options again with us and was just as excited as we were when we booked our wedding. This venue made us feel like they really care about us and our event while several of the other venues we visited felt more like wedding factories, just ushering people in and out. I feel confident in our choice and look forward to working with the Olde Mill as we prepare for our big day. I know we are in good hands.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Olde Mill Inn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful review!! We look forward to planning and hosting your wedding!
  • Laura

Laura W. · Getting married on 11/04/2021

Fairy Tale Wedding

If you’re looking for a fairy tale wedding book here! Marien, Kate, Gabriel, and the entire Olde Mill Inn staff helped bring our wedding vision to life. We started the planning process pre-covid and had to reschedule from our original date, both Marien and Kate were so helpful and answered every single one of my many questions. On the day of my wedding, Gabriel was looking after every single detail, there was absolutely nothing for me to worry about. He came over and checked in on my husband and I at various points throughout the day and made sure we had anything and everything we needed. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food is delicious! Thank you Olde Mill Inn!

Sent on 04/12/2021

Princess · Married on 06/04/2021

Dream come true

We had a Beautiful ceremony. Everyone from catering staff to our Matri D David made us feel so welcomed. Every detail we could have imagined to have in our wedding they made come true! Everything was so taken care of we did not have to worry about anything!

Sent on 06/08/2021

Karen P. · Married on 06/04/2021

Our wedding was amazing and stress-free!

Our wedding was absolutely amazing and the old mill inn thinks of everything!!! Our Matre d, John, was on top of everything and made sure we were taken care of at all times. The old mill inn has amazing food and their customer service couldn’t have been better! We had the best day ever! I do have to add that we got married at the end of covid and the way they handled the pandemic made our planning so stress free.

Sent on 06/15/2021
  • Val

Val · Married on 05/22/2021

Venue looking

We met with Marien twice already and she has been super helpful and accommodating while we continue to look for our perfect venue. The Grain House has a lot to offer and Marien went above and beyond to meet with us...even for a second time during a torrential downpour.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Olde Mill Inn's reply:

Thank you for your review! We look forward to hearing back & assisting you further in planning your special day!
  • Casey

Casey C. · Married on 05/07/2021

Love omi!

Honestly, look no further in the venue search. From the start, Kate was the absolute best. She's responsive, friendly and so nice. She is also the ultimate hype-woman while still keeping it professional. She made the process of booking the venue so easy! She followed us every step of the way, gave recommendations and answered every phone call and email. She even talked me out of the rescheduling during all the pandemic craziness and let me tell you I am SO happy she did.
    We worked with Gabe as our Maître D and I cannot say enough about how absolutely fantastic he is. We had guests come up to us telling me that we are so lucky to have Gabe. I don't know how he does it (he must have a clone) because he was always in the right place at the right time to help with whatever we needed!!!!

Everything was perfect. The food and drinks are fantastic! Gabe set aside cocktail hour food for us between picture sessions, and I am so thankful for the 10 minutes he made us sit and eat. Everyone we interacted with from waiters, hotel staff, bartenders, even the cleaning crew were hands down the nicest most accommodating people.
    The value of OMI is fantastic and for us this was the perfect venue. I wish we could get married again and again just to relive the party!

Sent on 05/10/2021
  • Amanda

Amanda B. · Married on 12/05/2020

Perfect Fit!

We walked out of our first meeting with Lindsay knowing that we would choose the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn as our venue even though we still had other sites to visit that same day. She was so incredibly kind and inviting, we felt like this was the perfect match for what we wanted our wedding to be. The Grain House had so much charm, and our families had been coming to the restaurant for years with nothing but great reviews of the food. Lindsay was supportive and answered all our questions (of which there were many since this was a COVID wedding). When the day finally came, the site looked beautiful and John was so attentive to our every need. He brought out snacks and drinks from the cocktail hour when the bridal party was taking photos in the lawn. He was rushing around making sure everything ran smoothly, and we could not have asked for more. All of our guests so spoke highly about the QUANTITY and QUALITY of the food. Everyone had a fantastic night. If we could do it all again, we'd choose the Grain House every time. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/11/2021
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/20/2020

Top notch venue

can not say enough good things about this venue. Planning a wedding can be stressful in itself, let alone planning one around this crazy time we are living in. But working with both Kate Rooney and our maitre D John Lietz, they made myself and my Mom feel at ease and they were so accommodating. John decorated The Grain House sooo beautifully!!! He and his team of servers are ON TOP of everything!! I never once had to ask for a drink or food...all of our guests raved about the service, food, and atmosphere. I can't stop thinking about how it was the best day ever!! Even one of the wait staff, I believe her name was Gloria, offered to bustle up my dress at cocktail hour and she did! The Grain House has such a unique, rustic, and romantic atmosphere different to the typical huge ballroom with chandeliers etc. which not only myself but our guests loved. There are so manh beautiful spaces outside for photos as well. I can't wait to get our professional photos back! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone looking for a beautiful venue with TOP NOTCH staff.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Trish S. · Married on 10/24/2020

Choose the Olde Mill Inn!!

Choose the Olde Mill Inn!! They were incredibly responsive, accommodating, and supportive throughout the entire planning process. There were so many changes to guidelines during the covid pandemic and they remained flexible the entire time! Lindsay saw us through the planning process and answered any questions or concerns we ever had. After meeting with her the first time we were confident we were choosing the right place to have our wedding. On the day of the wedding, Gabriel was incredibly professional and attentive to us and our wedding party. He handled everything so that we were stress free! We are so happy we decided to stick with our date and not postpone, we did not feel like we missed out on anything. We cannot thank the Olde Mill Inn enough for making our wedding the best!

Sent on 11/14/2020
  • Mandy

Mandy L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect micro wedding

I can not say enough great things about this venue. They saved our wedding!! Absolutely everything, every detail, every amenity and every staff member were beyond exceptional!! I can never thank them enough! I would highly recommend Olde Mill Inn, Lindsay, John and the entire staff to make your wedding dream come true!!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Janice

Janice K. · Married on 09/26/2020

Great venue for our wedding reception

The staff at Olde Mill Inn went above and beyond for our wedding day, keeping everyone safe and happy even though we were in the middle of a pandemic. We could not be happier with the service we received!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Scott

Alessandra · Married on 09/26/2020

We loved our wedding at The Grain House!

Oh my, where to begin!! From the beginning of our process of booking our wedding at The Grain House until the very end, everybody there has been extremely helpful, kind, and professional. Before we were assigned our maitre D, the sales manager Lindsay was always so helpful and sweet answering any of my millions of questions. When we did get our maitre D assigned, David, he was so nice to work with as well! On the day of our wedding he truly made everything go so smoothly. I was not worried at all because he had everything completely under control. He was so so nice and professional as well. All of my wedding guests were coming up to me saying how nice he was! :) He even coordinated having all the flowers from the wedding, that I had quickly mentioned to him that I wanted to take home, being delivered to our hotel room so we didn’t need to lug them there ourselves, how nice! The bartender and waitstaff here are so so nice as well! Besides the humans, the FOOD is pretty much the reason we booked this place!!! There is not one thing that they make here that doesn’t taste good. My only regret from my whole wedding day is that I didn’t get to eat even more of the food!!! Originally our wedding was planned for fall 2020 but because of the pandemic, we had asked if we could reschedule. They had the Friday of Memorial Day weekend free and offered us to have that day and - they didn’t even charge extra for being on a holiday weekend (due to the unusual circumstances). So extremely nice of them, after I’ve heard horror stories of other venues taking advantage of couples during that time and really giving them a hard time. This venue and the people that work here are truly wonderful and they really treat all their couples so well!!! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2021
  • Kate

Kate S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Absolutley Perfect

We had our reception dinner at the Olde Mill Inn and it was absolutely perfect! Gabe was amazing and so accommodating. Gabe and his team made the outside reception area look beautiful and they even provided a lot of their own decorations (which saved us so much money)! Also, everyone raved about the food (especially the spinach and cheese ravioli)! We are so thankful for Gabe and for Olde Mill Inn. It was such a beautiful space and we wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Maree

Maree W. · Married on 07/05/2020

Request John as your Maitre d!

We had our wedding at The Grain House on 5/19/19 and everything was amazing! The staff there did a wonderful job keeping everything running smoothly and the food was fantastic. We were lucky enough to have John Lietz as our Maitre d. Words can't even express how incredible he was! If you're getting married here, I would suggest requesting him. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and that everyone was having a good time. We would definitely recommend the Grain House and John a hundred times over!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Olde Mill Inn's reply:

Thank you for such a nice review! It was so nice hosting you and your guests! We are pleased to hear that you were so happy with our service! Can't wait for you to visit again in the future!
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 02/15/2020

Wonderful Winter Venue

We had a winter wedding here, and it was such a lovely and romantic spot for a winter wedding. Marien, who we worked with throughout was so incredible to work with and so responsive, and John our Maitre D the day of the wedding was ON TOP OF IT - he made the day run so incredibly smoothly - we couldn't have done it without him! The entire staff was so attentive and wonderful. The food was also excellent, as were the options. It helped that the Grain House Restaurant was right across the parking lot for our rehearsal dinner as well. The venue itself had some positives and negatives - there are a fair amount of photo spots - the stairs, the courtyard, the library area, etc that are excellent for photos. The room where the women got ready - while a great space - wasn't great for photos because there were no windows for good lighting. The ballroom is a pretty good space - the dance floor is a bit small (we had 140 people and at times it was a bit tight), and the ceilings are low with a fair amount of pillars around so there may be some times when photo opportunities are cut off a bit - but other than those couple of things the Olde Mill Inn has so much charm, great value, and incredible staff that were so accommodating - they really worked to make our wedding weekend special!

Sent on 03/28/2020
  • Denise

Denise S. · Married on 02/14/2020

Beautiful location, great customer service

Kate is an amazing consultant for booking your wedding! We instantly knew this was the place for us based on the service we received after calling other places, and once we got there in person, we just knew the ambiance is unparalleled, it is exactly what we were looking for. We can't wait to get married here next year!
    UPDATE 2/18/2020: We had our wedding here on Valentine's Day a few days ago and we cannot believe how AMAZING the venue truly turned out to be. From the staff, most namely John Lietz, who was our maitre d', to the hotel staff, the wait staff, just everyone was fabulous. We didn't have to worry at any point of the day if things were going well, John was extraordinary with being there for everything, and communicating everything to us so we knew what was going on or what was about to happen, but it was done in such a way that we didn't even notice, it was all within the natural flow of the day. We had the perfect place for photos, as the entire venue is picture perfect, and the food was phenomenal! Still getting compliments from our guests on the food and the overall experience. We can't thank the Olde Mill Inn, The Grain House, Kate, or John enough. Thank you for making our wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Olde Mill Inn's reply:

We look forward to hosting your special day! Thank you for your kinds words and thoughtful review! We will see you soon!
  • Estephanie

Estephanie B. · Married on 01/18/2020

Beautiful Venue! Perfect Fit

We were looking or something cozy for our wedding and found our perfect venue at The Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn. Kate, our sales rep, helped us feel prepared and comfortable leading up to the wedding. John Lietz, was our maitre'd. I can't express enough how comfortable he made us feel. He turned what could have been a stressful situation into a day we were able to thoroughly enjoy and have fun among our closest friends and family. I would 100% recommend this beautiful, rustic, venue for it's aesthetic, but also it's thoughtful and dedicated staff.

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • W

Wendy G. · Married on 01/11/2020

excellent wedding service

My daughter's wedding was at the Grain House on January 11, 2020. I can not say enough to express how professional and experienced all the staff members were. A special shout out to our maitre d Gabe and our table side server Carlos. From food to rooms to service everything was excellent!!!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Karolina

Karolina R. · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing experience at this venue

Choosing the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn for our wedding ceremony and reception was the best decision we made. We wanted an all inclusive wedding, in a cozy location with lots of good food and drinks. We got exactly that and more. Our maître d' John Lietz was so great to work with. He answered every question we had, helped us coordinate with vendors, helped us navigate the menu and other selections. One of the biggest perks was that John and his staff set up all decorations (minus live florals) so we barely had to lift a finger. All we had to do was drop off boxes with any favors, decorations, seating chart, etc, and they took care of the rest. We didn't want to have friends or family do any work during our wedding day, we just wanted them to enjoy it. That's what a stress-free wedding is all about. After the reception was over our decorations were packed up and were waiting in our suite along with the top tier of our cake, and a bottle of champagne and strawberries on our bed. And yes, a huge suite on the wedding night is included too.

Our guests also raved about how much amazing food there was. The cocktail hour food was delicious. The open bar is fully stocked. John also worked with us on the timing of the reception so out guests can dance between the appetizer and the dinner entree and the cake cutting. Our cake was also included in our price and we got to pick from two different bakeries. The service all throughout the reception was impeccable. Guests were tended to promptly and some of them told us how amazing the service is. John was with us all day and made sure we never needed anything. At cocktail hour, he brought us plates of hors d'oeuvres to make sure we ate. They took care of us so well it truly make us feel very special on our day.

We really can't rave enough about what a wonderful experience we had having our wedding here. Our guests loved it, we loved it, and we can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley W. · Married on 11/23/2019

What an awesome venue!

From start to finish, working with the Olde Mill Inn was great. During the touring/booking process, Kate was such a treat to work with. She was extremely friendly, approachable, and responsive. We had our wedding in The Grain House and I loved the space. The vibe and decor was great for us since we didn't want a traditional banquet hall feel. Gabe was assigned as our Maitre D and he was great! On the day of the wedding he made sure that we were completely stress free and that everything was running smoothly. Really great experience. :)

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen R. · Married on 11/02/2019

Wedding Nov 2 2019

Lindsay was so professional and so quick to respond during the entire year if planning. Our maitre d , David was truly amazing. He calmly and quickly tackled every detail of this wedding and made the process seemless. He was an active presence through the whole wedding and my guests were greatly impressed. Beware of the front desk at the hotel though, they double charge and don't make right their mistakes. Still dealing with that and very disappointed in that aspect only

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Monica

Monica L. · Married on 10/19/2019

The best venue

The Olde Mill Inn is the most perfect wedding venue! When We began wedding planning, we established early on that we specifically wanted a venue that had hotel, reception, ceremony, cocktail, rehearsal dinner, and after party all in one location. The Olde Mill Inn provided just that. This venue offers beautiful and historic charm! Everything from start to finish exceeded our expectations. We had the most perfect wedding day and received dozens of compliments from our guests regarding the excellent food, decor, aesthetics, and hospitality. It was obvious that they were very impressed! We worked closely with Marien Barker who is the absolute best! She assisted us in carrying our wedding vision and dreams by sharing in our excitement and enthusiasm!! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!! We can’t say enough good things!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Olde Mill Inn's reply:

Thank you for such a glowing review! We love seeing your beautiful photos and can't wait for you to share some more! It was a pleasure hosting your special day and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
  • Yampolsky Wedding 2019

Fred · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing venue, wonderful staff and great bang for your buck.

The Olde Mill Inn gave us one of the most cherished experiences we have ever had. Please check out this amazing location! They are simply the best!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Rosie

Rosie · Married on 09/29/2019

Beautiful Venue and Beautiful Staff

Olde Mill Inn is the perfect place for a wedding, it is such a charming location and the hotel/ballroom is beautiful. Every time we went to the venue leading up to the wedding everyone was so accommodating! Everyone answered my emails quickly and politely no matter how many I sent. Gabriel was fantastic to work with, he helped us so much with all the details before and when wedding day came I didn't have to worry about a thing. He just made sure everything was set up for us. The day before the wedding our guest began arriving and it was so nice to have everyone in one location. Getting ready in the Sawyer room was great, we had lunch delivered (soo yummy and gluten free options were great too) and because it was in the hotel my family could come and go throughout the getting ready process. Cocktail hour was a dream, the outside courtyard is so nice and it was a wonderful space, the mashtini bar was a hit and I'm still dreaming about the passed hors d'oeuvres. The Washington Ballroom looked absolutely stunning and Gabriel was there every step of the way to make sure we had food and a full drink. We had an after party right outside the ballroom and then breakfast there in the morning. This was so great because it let us really get to spend quality time with our guests. The honeymoon suite is to die for, it's bigger than our apartment and when we went into our room that night we had champagne and strawberries waiting for us. It was a perfect day and weekend. Olde Mill Inn is a great location, it's beautiful, it's charming, the food is delicious, and the staff is wonderful. They go above and beyond to make sure your wedding day fits your vision.

Sent on 10/20/2019