Old Tappan Manor Reviews

87 Reviews for Old Tappan Manor

• Bianca

Bianca A. · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Book here!

I had my wedding here in December 2020, and it was beyond perfect. Despite all of the Covid 19 regulations and guidelines that had to be followed, Moufid and his team did a fantastic job creating the wedding of our dreams, while more importantly keeping the staff, and our guests safe.
    The venue itself is very reasonably priced, beautiful (the ballroom is GORGEOUS!!!!), the food delicious, and the staff is exceptional. I want to give special recognition to Lauren our Maitre D who kept everyone in line and assured that my husband and I were happy and comfortable. She was so calm, sweet, and made sure the night went smoothly. Her hospitality really set the venue apart and was a big part of our wedding day's success. I also wanted to recognize Amada my bridal attendant who helped me maneuver my dress all night and ensured that I looked beautiful in every picture. She also braved the New Jersey December weather while we took pictures outside. She was great!
    Last but not least I want to give a special thanks to Moufid. He is so calm, patient, and kind. My mother and I were constantly calling him asking questions, trying to figure out how we can safely have a wedding during these trying times, and he always had great advice and was very informed. Despite all of the constant changes and regulations Moufid helped us create the most beautiful wedding! He is truly one of a kind and the best at what he does.

I definitely recommend Old Tappan Manor for weddings and any other event. You will not regret your choice!

Sent on 01/06/2021
  • Katie

Katie S. · Married on 12/08/2020

Book your wedding here! You won't regret it!

This review is long overdue, but I got married in August and I do not regret ever choosing this venue for our special day. I have so many good things to say about Martin because he helped us out so much leading up to the wedding to the day of.

We had our ceremony outside in the backyard and the reception in the reception hall. Looking back at videos, Martin went above and beyond when it came to the lights (changing colors, flickering, setting the mood every time). Other venues charged extra when it came to details like these, but Martin's main priority was to make us happy and it definitely showed. Throughout the day, he would come up to us and make sure everything was going well and we didn't have any complaints. Our maitre d' Lauren was also fantastic! From setting up the venue hall to going over our rehearsal with family and friends involved to also making sure things went smoothly, she was a great help. My bridal attendant (I'm sorry I forgot her name!) always made sure I was okay and took care of me, my food and drinks, and my dress. All parties made sure my husband and I were well fed - something that we heard from other friends that got married that they missed out on.

We held our tea ceremony (Chinese tradition during weddings) in the bridal suite upstairs. If the bridal party decides to get ready there, there is definitely an ample amount of space for everyone to be comfortable. I had about 20 family members in the suite during this time and it didn't feel cramped. Someone that was in charge of bringing the tea for the ceremony forgot to bring the tea, so my bridesmaids quickly ran down to Lauren and she took care of getting us tower water boiler, tea packets, and several mugs since the amount we brought weren't going to be enough to accommodate the time before heading back down for the start of the reception.

The venue itself is beautiful. The layout of the backyard (if you plan to hold an outdoor ceremony) is inviting and you also pass by an elegant waterfall/fountain which made a beautiful backdrop in pictures. The bar was located in the lobby which was good in-between for the cocktail reception area and the reception hall.

We had no complaints regarding the venue itself and received many praises for choosing a great venue. The FOOD was a big big plus - we received many compliments stating that this venue was some of the few locations that served quality food (they have their own kitchen in the back so nothing is delivered from outside)

To Martin, Lauren, my bridal attendant, the chefs, waiters, set up/break down crew, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for such a smooth and memorable day.

Have your wedding here! You won't regret it - I promise!

Sent on 04/27/2020

Jaclyn · Married on 06/14/2019

Amazing venue!!

The Old Tappan Manor was the perfect venue for our wedding. We worked with Martin, who made sure all of our wants and desires were met. The food was excellent and the room looked perfect. The outdoor area for our ceremony was quiet, serene and just magical. We have already recommended the Old Tappan Manor to some of our friends. Also of note, Lauren (maitre'd) and Ashley (bridal attendant) were amazing, they made sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 06/02/2019

Most amazing wedding venue!

I will forever be so grateful to Old Tappan Manor for all they did for our wedding. This was the most accommodating and beautiful venue I could have asked for and made all the planning super easy. My guests were raving about the food weeks after the wedding and loved all the staff helping us out. Moufid helped us plan everything from Day 1 and was extremely accommodating and so friendly, thanks so much for that! Lauren is the most perfect Maitre D that exists and really knows how to get the job done. The bartenders and servers were all exceptional, fun and super attentive. Lastly, I had an incredible bridal assistant who made everything so easy for me and went above and beyond. This venue really made the best day ever for me.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly F. · Married on 05/24/2019

Magical, fairytale, dream wedding!!!

Old Tappan Manor was everything we dreamed it would be and more--from the incredibly large and beautiful bridal suite to the cocktail hour to the actual reception to the photo ops--stunning waterfall and white light scenery to the gazebo all covered in gorgeous flowers and greenery! Our pictures were sensational. Martin was responsive, helpful, flexible, and kind from the moment we looked (a year and a half prior to our event) til the end of the night at our wedding. We had an amazing maitre'd and bridal attendants-- basically served us hand and foot all night but never intrusive! Our guests raved about the dance floor and the food! Cocktail hour is plentiful and scrumptious, and every single (there was A LOT) course at dinner was mouth watering. The bartenders were awesome, and each and every member of the waitstaff was friendly and courteous. We couldn't be happier with our choice of wedding venue and would recommend them endlessly!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the OTM. It was absolutely amazing! The food, the atmosphere, the decor, and the staff did not disappoint. We worked with Moufid, who kindly guided us through the wedding preparations and told us not to worry, that guests would be talking about our wedding for days to come. That is EXACTLY what is happening! Our guests thought the food was absolutely delicious, from the extravagant cocktail hour to the Viennese dessert table. During the Viennese, which was also extravagant, guests could get cotton candy served on glow sticks! What?! Our reception exceeded our expectations, and it truly was the wedding of our dreams. Family and friends have been talking about it all day. I highly recommend using this venue!

Sent on 08/19/2018
  • F

Fiona · Married on 08/03/2018

Perfection! That's what Old Tappan Manor delivered for our wedding day! Martin Shanley and his staff thought of every detail. From the overflowing cocktail hour, the delicious main course and us cutting our exquisite wedding cake. Plus so many wonderful touches! All our guests commented on the fabulous ballroom and grounds. Old Tappan Manor provided us with the fairytale wedding we had hoped for! We could not have been happier!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/06/2018

We had our wedding here recently and couldn’t have been any more thrilled with the whole experience, from our first meeting with Martin (you will love him!!!) all the way through our reception. The Old Tappan Manor was a gorgeous and elegant venue. Everyone was thrilled with all of the delicious choices at cocktail hour and the entrees were incredible. They even have a bride attendant. She was the sweetest and made my night as well as my grooms smooth and stress free along with the Maître D’. We are so happy with our decision to have our big day there and highly recommend it to couples looking for their dream venue!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Airalyn · Married on 06/15/2018

OTM was a beautiful setting for our wedding. Both the cocktail hour and dinner food were delicious. The waiter and bar-tending service were all excellent and attentive, and our bridal attendant did a professional and nice job. Moufid was professional, flexible, and accommodated all our requests. It was worth every penny!!! We had 160 very happy guests who could not stop talking about the food.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Dan · Married on 05/19/2018

My daughter had her wedding there May 19 2018. Joseph and his staff were amazing! They treated my daughter like their own. My guests raved about the food and quantity. I can’t thank them enough for making her dream come true!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Lisa · Married on 04/06/2018

I just got married in April at Old Tappan Manor at it was absolutely perfect. Venue is gorgeous with marble floors and stunning chandeliers. The grounds outside the venue are also beautiful to take pictures. We were concerned with an April wedding not being able to take nice pictures outside but there are so many different areas to take pictures (in front of a waterfall, in a gazebo or in front of greenery in the front). All of my pictures there are perfect! The food was absolutely delicious as well. The entire staff was absolutely amazing; Martin was super helpful when planning the event and Christine and Lauren were so helpful during the wedding day. Christine was right next to me the entire time to help with anything I needed; holding my flowers, throwing my veil for a picture, getting us food or even helping me change my shoes later in the night. Without this amazing staff I don’t think my day would have went so perfectly!! There was nothing that I would have changed and I highly recommend Old Tappan Manor!!!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Andrea · Married on 01/20/2018

I couldn't be happier with my choice of having our wedding at Old Tappan Manor. The team there - Moufid, Lauren and Christine - were honestly the best people ever. We got married this past Saturday, on January 20th - a winter wedding. My fiance and I planned our wedding from California and from start to finish, Moufid made the process easy and seamless. His professionalism and customer service was exceptional. The day of, Lauren took our supplies for decoration and made our vision a beautiful reality. Christine, the Bridal Attendant, was more than I could have ever asked for. Lauren and Christine were our fairy godmothers. Every guest complimented how beautiful the space was, from the reception hall to the bathrooms! Although I didn't eat any of the food, everyone said they left with full and satisfied bellies. All in all, it was the best experience I could have ever asked for and would recommend OTM to all!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Alyssa · Married on 12/10/2017

LOVE the Old Tappan Manor! The staff was truly phenomenal! My Bridal Attendant, Kristine became like a best friend on my wedding day- she was there through it all; from providing me with a warm beverage while taking photos out in the cold to scrubbing the dirt out of my gown before walking down the aisle- I am grateful for it all! I would also like to mention how great our Maitre d, Lauren was. Her effective communication with the staff made our day run so smoothly. We also had the pleasure of working with Martin during our year of wedding planning. We can't say enough! We are so grateful for the prompt and always positive communication. Thank you for making our wedding so amazing!
    Our guests were raving about the QUANTITY and QUALITY of the food as well as how beautiful the venue is. The recent renovations made our dream of a romantic wintery wedding come true =) We hope to be able to attend a future affair at the Old Tappan Manor!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2017

I am still speechless with how incredible The Old Tappan Manor was. My husband and I got married here on October 20th, 2017. It was the most magical night. Martin was great to work with; he was so helpful. On the night of wedding, the staff was also amazing and attentive. Not only did the gorgeous ballroom blow our guests away. They also raved about the phenomenal cocktail hour and delicious food. I highly recommend OTM if you’re looking for a wedding venue that’s affordable, beautiful and has GREAT food. I hope I get to be a guest at a wedding here someday, and can experience the venue again!

Sent on 01/07/2018
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 09/01/2017

Our experience for our wedding was top notch! From the first meeting with Joseph to our second meeting with Rich all the way to our wedding day was absolutely perfect. They are so accommodating and made us worry free on our special day. The food was incredible, our guests are still talking about it! Lauren the bridal attendant went ABOVE & BEYOND the entire day through the evening to not only myself and my groom but also my bridesmaids, giving us drinks and ensuring we were getting everything we needed. Rich our Maitre D was incredible as well, always ensuring everything went smoothly from the moment we walked into the door. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Mollie · Married on 08/19/2017

I have nothing but good things to say about the Old Tappan Manor. Martin and Rich went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. Not only was the space exactly what I was looking for, a beautiful ballroom and outdoor space for the ceremony, but they were incredibly accommodating. I have celiac disease and one thing that was especially important to me was the ability to eat whatever I wanted on my wedding day. Martin and Dave (the chef) worked with us to create a special menu that was 100% gluten free. They made sure that there was no chance I'd be sick on my big day. The food tasted amazing and no-one even realized it was gluten-free! Thank you so much for being such a big part of our day!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Julie · Married on 04/23/2017

I don't even know where to begin or how to fully express how amazing everyone was at OTM. We looked at many venues during the planning process but once I saw the ballroom I was sold. The marble flooring and the chandeliers are stunning. The grounds are beautiful and intimate and I knew we would get some amazing outdoor photos. Living out of state my mom did a lot of the leg work for me. She worked with Martin who was beyond amazing from start to finish. He made us feel like family and that we were the only wedding on his mind. The day of the wedding Rich took care of making sure everyone was where they needed to be. He was organized, professional and had a good sense of humor (which was a good thing when dealing with our wedding party!) Lauren was my bridal attendant and I don't know what I would have done without her that day. She anticipated my every want and need. My bridal party loved her too. She is just an awesome person and so good at her job. The food was delicious. The cocktail hour was important to both my husband and I and we were not disappointed! Our guest are still raving about the food. The service during the reception was on point. We had a few guest that were in the restaurant business and they were so impressed by the food and the service. Having our wedding at Old Tappan Manor was the best decision we made. I can't thank everyone working that day enough in helping to make our wedding all that we wanted and more.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/03/2016

Ack such an overdue review! This was for our wedding in December 2016. Could not have been happier with the service and the day! The Old Tappan Manor is a well-oiled machine, meaning they are amazing at keeping time and making sure things are not delayed or taking too long. They made sure we rehearsed the ceremony beforehand so everyone knew exactly what to do, where to stand, etc. We were brought into the bridal suite during cocktail hour and there was already a table filled with food for us to consume (which I was glad to do!) and they made sure nobody bothered us - it was GREAT to have that little bit of time to ourselves! Lauren (the bridal attendant) was WONDERFUL, even took the time to figure out who was who (family, bridal party, etc) and was so personable and did a fabulous job. Rich, the maitre'd was also great, super organized and really knows what he's doing. Martin was also great to deal with before and during the wedding. The food was amazing, our guests STILL talk about how good everything was. The ooooonly thing I did have to ask for during the wedding was to turn the lights down during the free dancing, but that took less than a minute to be done. Anyway, if you are thinking about having your wedding here - do it! It's a beautiful property, the food is fabulous, and the service is top-notch!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Tracy · Married on 10/29/2016

The OTM was the perfect setting for our wedding. We had many people coming from out of town and having the ceremony and reception in one location was important to us. The food was second to none. As my bride, I regret that I didn't get a chance to enjoy as much of my food as my guests did. The venue was stunning, the perfect backdrop for our photos. Family and friends continue to comment on what an outstanding time they had. Rich was the maitre d', and Lauren was the bridal attendant. They both were on the ball and readily available whenever we needed them. We could not recommend the OTM highly enough.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Allison · Married on 10/16/2016

An all around perfect wedding venue experience!! Just had our wedding reception at the OTM in October 2016. It was everything and more - and I am a very particular type of person. The short answer is: OTM is perfect - no compromising required (physical aesthetic, staff, food, price ALL excellent). Absolutely a diamond in the ruff of NY/NJ wedding venues!! We stumbled upon this venue while doing our initial list generation - neither of us had ever been to or knew anyone who had been to OTM for functions.

Martin, Richie, and Lauren rock!! We loved it, guests couldn't say enough, vendors were so impressed. Have your wedding here! (And check out my full length review on google, yelp, fb, etc for more detail!!)

Sent on 12/14/2016

Demitria · Married on 09/04/2016

My husband and I had our wedding here on Labor Day Weekend and had a phenomenal experience! The grounds were extremely well kept and the ballroom was nothing short of amazing. The food and service was also exceptional. Our guests are still talking about how great the food and service was. Moufid was our main point of contact throughout the entire process. He was very kind, knowledgeable, professional, and easy to work with. Richie and Lauren also did an amazing job. The OTM definitely exceeded our expectations! Thank you all for making our wedding a very memorable one!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/13/2016

My fiancé & I chose Old Tappan Manor for our upcoming wedding in August 2016. We've been working with Martin and he is very friendly and accommodating. We are soooo looking forward to celebrating our wedding at this beautiful venue with all of our friends & family!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Kiah · Married on 08/07/2016

We got married here in August and it was love at first sight! From the first moment we met Martin, all of our needs and wants were never a problem. He honestly made the reception the easiest part to plan. The whole place is gorgeous and breathtaking. Even though my husband's party caused us to be 45 minutes late (something always has to go wrong lol) Old Tappan Manor was nothing but accommodating. Martin made sure the photographer stayed on track so that my husband and I could actually enjoy time alone. Everyone is still talking about the amazing time they had. From the delicious and extravagant cocktail hour to the beautiful chandeliers and marble all over the place. I wish I could do it again all over!! Martin even personally told me when he was heading out and made sure I was OK before hand. Of course I was because he left everything in the hands of Rich, the matre'd. The bridal assistant was also very attentive and she made me feel like it was still about my husband and me even though we all know it wasn't lol! You will not be making a mistake having your reception here. Everything is perfect from the bathrooms to the food to the landscaping. And not to mention, it was much more bang for your buck than the 10 other venues we looked at. Thank you Martin and the rest of the Old Tappan Manor staff for making another couple have the wedding of their dreams!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Marjorie · Married on 08/05/2016

We recently got married at old tappan manor and we had a blast there. Everyone is very professional. Martin will work with you to make sure your wedding goes well. I can't say much about this place. You've got to go there to see it yourself. This was one of our best decision for having our wedding there.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Old Tappan Manor is a hidden gem of Bergen County!! Not only is it absolutely STUNNING (from the details on the moldings to the color of the carpet to the landscaping!) but everyone that works there is incredibly helpful, and from what I heard, the food was incredible! (We got to eat, but I admittedly don't remember much except that it was delicious! My mission is to get to go as a guest to really be able to eat it ALL!) I felt like everyone that worked there was really on a mission to make sure we had a perfect day and we did! Lauren, the bridal attendant, deserves a special shout out though. My friends who are already married were actually jealous of how amazing she was, compared to the attendants they had all had. THANK YOU OLD TAPPAN MANOR!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016