Old Hickory Golf Club Reviews

112 | Woodbridge, VA

112 Reviews for Old Hickory Golf Club

Christina · Married on 04/25/2020

Look no further... They are the best

You will never find a better venue. Straightforward pricing (no hidden fees), professional throughout. The day of they took care of everything, even the things I didn't know I needed. They were fantastic. Diane and Michelle are the real deal.

I got SO many compliments on the food and the wedding. The location was both convenient and beautiful. I want to get married again so O can hire them again.

Sent on 08/17/2020

Old Hickory Golf Club's reply:

Christina, thank you for taking your time to give us a review. It was truly a pleasure having your wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club.

Tracy B. · Married on 03/06/2020

PHENOMENAL Wedding and Reception Venue!

We had our daughter’s wedding and reception at Old Hickory on 03/06/2020 and it was 5 star and exceeded our expectations. From the moment we first met with Michelle and toured the venue we knew this was the place and didn’t look any further. Michelle and Diane made things so easy from start to finish. The entire staff exudes customer service and made the day AMAZING! The location is beautiful and breathtaking and the food was phenomenal! Our family and friends are still raving about the venue, the food, the customer service and saying how elegant and organized everything was. I will be using this venue in the future for birthdays, anniversaries or special celebrations. Thanks Old Hickory team for making our only daughter’s wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Old Hickory Golf Club's reply:

Tracy, it was our pleasure having your daughter's wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club. Thank you for leaving this wonderful comment.
    We wish you and your family the very best!

Samantha T. · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing venue!

The team at Old Hickory makes everything so easy! They are extremely responsive and flexible to be sure all the details are worked out to match your vision. They have the expertise to provide suggestions and are very accommodating. The day of coordinator was amazing and worked with our photographers to suggest best areas around the golf course to take shots. The venue is gorgeous and with their event planning team - you can't go wrong!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Old Hickory Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Samantha! I am so glad we were able to provide all of your wedding needs. Michelle
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 11/30/2019

An awesome venue!

Our daughter's wedding was so beautiful! The food is excellent--we had many guests comment on how good the food is. Also, Michelle and her entire staff are professional and attentive. They were so helpful every step of the way--throughout the planning and especially on the day of. I was able to leave all the details to them and enjoy the day. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Old Hickory Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Maria! I am so glad we were able to provide all of your daughter's wedding needs. It was a pleasure working with you!

Michelle
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2019

Great Venue For A Wedding

Michelle, Diane, and Robin were all fabulous to work with. Michelle is very responsive and quick to respond to any questions. Diane and Robin helped make the day go smooth. They all make sure you have everything you need and more. The venue was beautiful both inside and out.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Old Hickory Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! I really enjoyed working with you on your wedding. Best Wishes, Michelle

Haleigh · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Staff

We had the pleasure of working as photographers at Old Hickory Golf Club and we cannot say enough great things! The staff was amazing and super helpful in guiding us through a new city (we were destination photographers for this wedding). They were on top of their communication throughout the process and were prepared for the crazy weather turn we had. They treated us like family and we couldn't be more thankful. We look forward to the opportunity of working with them again and highly recommend!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Erica · Married on 11/03/2018

Couldn't have asked for more.

Old Hickory golf club was amazing. My wedding went off without a hitch. Michelle worked with me on the menu and was more that happy to swap something due to allergies or accommodate us by letting us bring in some Kimchi and Kimbap. Diane, the day of coordinator, set up just like I imaged and kept us on time. We got some beautiful shots due to her. Our Bartender, Randy, kept the drinks flowing and more that happy to assist in anything. Our servers, Taylor, Enrique, Nikki, and Carlos, were on top of everything. The Chefs, Matt and Domingo, cooked a great meal that my guests enjoyed so much. My mom is a picky eater and she really enjoyed it. Robin, the supervisor, made sure I didn't need for anything.
    The team at Old Hickory really made me feel like my wedding mattered to them. Everyone was very impressed with the venue and I'm very happy I picked them for both my ceremony and my reception.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Z

Zahra · Married on 09/23/2018

Six Star VA Wedding Venue in the DMV

My sister had her wedding here about a month ago (I helped with the planning massively). I honestly could not recommend a better venue. Aside from the gorgeous scenery, perfect lighting (especially during the day), ample parking, the best food (especially the chicken peanut skewers), beautiful buffet presentation (all the guests were so impressed with the food), the team there was AMAZING. To me the team is the most important factor when choosing a venue, they can really make or break an event and this this case they really really made it perfect. They were so helpful, responsive, always available before and during the wedding (I went a few times to test the music, speakers, discuss the layout (they were full of really helpful ideas), they were SO accommodating and calm and kept checking up on my sister and all the guests it was unbelievably helpful especially during such a stressful day and they honestly went above and beyond. I cannot stress how happy I was and the guests (and more importantly the bride and groom). Also they have beautiful spots to have photos taken (a massive patio, a cute mini bridge with a mini waterfall and lake, gazebo, and lots of greenery). I would highly recommend this venue based on location, value, and the team.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have been happier with the choice to have our wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club. The first time we viewed the facility we knew that it had the look we wanted (and had the size to host our large wedding). When we eventually saw the venue fully set-up, we were blown away with how perfect everything looked. However, as great and as beautiful the venue was, we were even more blown away by the outstanding level of service that we received. Every interaction we had with the folks at Old Hickory demonstrated how helpful, flexible, and on top of things they were. Specifically we'd like to highlight Michelle and Diane. Every step of the way Michelle made things so so easy. She went out of her way to listen to and understand our requests to make them a reality, and ensure that we had the wedding of our dreams. It was some of the best service we have ever received and we cannot sing her praises enough. One specific example relates to our wine selection. Our families are huge wine drinkers and we had a number of special requests. Even though they were not part of the usual package, Michelle worked to get us what we needed and even got one of our favorite wines! Michelle was always there answer questions and to make sure things went smoothly, including suggesting some things she had seen that worked best in the past (many times things we didn't even think about yet!). It took out so much stress from the planning and day of knowing that we had someone as capable as Michelle making sure everything was going smoothly. Diane was there the day of the wedding and went above and beyond to help us, including driving us between two different picture sites since it was a little rainy. We were in such good hands with her! Finally, we have to mention the food. Oh my God the food. It was AMAZING. Our families, in addition to loving wine, love food, and they could not stop RAVING about how great it was, which is high praise indeed. Pick Old Hickory, you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 06/09/2018

I just had my wedding at Old Hickory this past weekend and we are beyond impressed by how smoothly the staffs made it. I was so nervous since I have never planned an event before, let alone something this big and important. Michelle, Diane, and Robin were some of the coordinators that helped make the day run as smooth as possible! I was totally STRESS FREE the morning of my wedding. Even as I was getting ready they kept popping in asking if I needed anything. Always making sure we had a drink in our hands while taking photos and during the reception. The food was delicious and everyone complimented the food after! It was the best experience and I will definitely recommend this venue to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Sophia · Married on 06/01/2018

We are business oweners, so we know a thing or two about customer service. So, from the bottom of our hearts, we so much appreciated their exceptional service! From the first time we met with Michelle Wang, and Diane to discuss prices (Michelle) and options (Diane/Michelle) (i.e., lay out of venue accessories, etc), we were always confident that we had picked the best place to host our dream wedding. We were thoroughly impressed with the personalized and courteous attention given to us throughout the months leading up to our wedding. If you're searching for an outstanding venue and people to work with, then do not look any further.
    The price for the venue was reasonable and well worth it!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Sophia · Married on 06/01/2018

The price for the venue was reasonable and well worth it!

Sent on 06/15/2018
  • I

Isa · Married on 04/14/2018

We had our wedding here in April. Everything went smoothly and was very organized. We couldn’t have done it without their help, especially Diane and Robin. They made sure we were taken care of on our special day. We had and amazing day and would definitely recommend choosing Old Hickory for your wedding!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/16/2017

Old Hickory was the perfect venue for our wedding! We met with Michelle a couple of times before the wedding and every time she was an absolute delight to work with. She was professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Diane, Old Hickory's day of wedding coordinator, was also pleasant to work with and highly organized. You can tell they have both been doing this for years. The waiters, waitresses, and bartenders at Old Hickory were simply fantastic. They were full of energy and enjoyable people to be around. Everyone really worked together like a well-oiled machine. Both the ceremony and wedding were flawless! We are so happy we chose Old Hickory as our venue and would highly recommend it to anyone for a wedding or any other event!
    - Elizabeth and Sean Ganley

Sent on 01/15/2018

Cheryl · Married on 09/16/2017

I did not use them for a wedding, but for a surprise 50th birthday party luncheon. Michelle (banquet manager) was great to work with and the staff was very professional and accommodating. The setting was very beautiful, and my guests complimented the chef and staff on the yummy BBQ buffet lunch and drinks. I brought my own cake from Wegmans, and the staff put my large tall tapers on the cake and served it (along with a champagne toast). I also brought in my own projector and laptop to project a video collage during the event. The staff also helped me set up the room with my own hurricane lamp/candle centerpieces and custom mad lib game sheets at each table. A florist (Michael's Florist) had come by with some other floral arrangements and our balloon decorator (Nyea's Party) came with balloon pillars and bouquet. Overall, my experience was great, and I would definitely book another event at Old Hickory Golf Club again...

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jamey · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding reception at old Hickory and It. Was. Perfect! Michelle was extremely responsive and helped to get all of contract needs together. Diane was our day of coordinater and was phenomenal! She made sure that we were fully taken care of. Making sure we had food and beverages all night. Randy and Robin were very good with assisting with setup and held it down on the bar olallnnight for our VERY thirsty bunch! Everyone took such great care of us and all of our guests. They've got a great team! Food was great, ambiance was perfect and facility was beautiful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our wedding here in September. It came out perfect!!! Michelle and Diane are amazing! They went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special!!! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Cristian · Married on 08/19/2017

We had the best time at our wedding, thanks to the great staff at old hickory. Everything was amazing decoration, drinks, food etc. hospitality me and my wife received was amazing, Michelle and Dianne are amazing and will go above and beyond to make your wedding unforgettable, and domingos food was amazing, all the staff was just perfect. the price was perfect and the flexibility was great. Thanks again to old hickory for the best night of our lives.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Pam · Married on 06/10/2017

I can not say enough wonderful things about Old Hickory Golf Club in Woodbridge and their amazing Staff for all they did to make my Daughters September 2, 2017 wedding the most amazing day for her. From the moment we met Michelle Wang and visited the venue we knew we had found the perfect place to celebrate our big day. Michelle and her staff are wonderful, always willing to answer questions and go the extra mile to accommodate you with special requests. The staff is professional and such a fun bunch of people to work with, they shared in our enthusiasm and went the extra mile in helping us pull off a few special surprises and it made for such a great experience. The food was delicious and we heard that comment echoed throughout the night by everyone. Our experience was absolutely amazing and we hope that people will not hesitate to book this for their own future event as I can assure you that you will not be sorry. To Michelle, Diane and the whole staff of Old Hickory that helped us pull of this special day for our Daughter .... THANK YOU! I wish we could give you more than 5 stars we would!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Beth · Married on 06/03/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better experience at Old Hickory. Michelle and Diane were amazing and made planning and the day of everything I hoped for. Michelle was great for the many questions we had during the months coming up to the wedding and Diane helped with all the day of things. They both did more than I ever expected to make everything perfect.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Brandi · Married on 05/06/2017

The people at Old Hickory are hands down the best in the business. They were flexible to meet our every need leading up to our big day, as well as during the celebration. The hands-on personal service was more than we could have imagined. The service was one-of-a-kind compared to everywhere else we looked. Michelle, Diane, Robin, and Randy were top notch. The food was mouth-watering - not at all like the standard mediocre banquet meals you find at other venues. We would trust them with all of our special events.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Megan · Married on 03/03/2017

The staff was INCREDIBLE! Very nice and friendly. They were more than accommodating especially with the short notice. They quickly made changes with the weather. The food was delicious and the drinks were flowing. I would highly recommend this venue to any future couples.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Tanya · Married on 11/19/2016

Service, price, food... Everything was perfect.

Sent on 11/25/2016
  • U

Uzezi · Married on 10/15/2016

It was an absolute delight to have our wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club! My wife and I, and everyone who attended our wedding still talks about how professional and helpful Michelle and her staff were. We really appreciated Michelle’s attention to details, unique ideas, and personal attention to our needs. Additionally, right from the moment we checked out this location until the day we had our wedding reception, the Old Hickory team were super flexible and easy to work with. They promptly responded to and accommodated all of our requests prior to and on the day of our wedding. In fact, they exceeded our expectations and truly added to the beauty of our special day. Everything here is top-notch! The grounds for pictures and golfing, banquet hall for dancing, and variety of delicious food were some of the amazing things about this location. My wife and I are super thankful to Michelle, Robyn, Jose, and the entire Hickory team for their wonderful services. We are glad we choose Old Hickory Golf Club!!!

Sent on 12/12/2016