Old Hickory Golf Club Reviews

104 Old Hickory Golf Club Reviews
  • Z

zahra · Married on 09/23/2018

Six Star VA Wedding Venue in the DMV

My sister had her wedding here about a month ago (I helped with the planning massively). I honestly could not recommend a better venue. Aside from the gorgeous scenery, perfect lighting (especially during the day), ample parking, the best food (especially the chicken peanut skewers), beautiful buffet presentation (all the guests were so impressed with the food), the team there was AMAZING. To me the team is the most important factor when choosing a venue, they can really make or break an event and this this case they really really made it perfect. They were so helpful, responsive, always available before and during the wedding (I went a few times to test the music, speakers, discuss the layout (they were full of really helpful ideas), they were SO accommodating and calm and kept checking up on my sister and all the guests it was unbelievably helpful especially during such a stressful day and they honestly went above and beyond. I cannot stress how happy I was and the guests (and more importantly the bride and groom). Also they have beautiful spots to have photos taken (a massive patio, a cute mini bridge with a mini waterfall and lake, gazebo, and lots of greenery). I would highly recommend this venue based on location, value, and the team.

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have been happier with the choice to have our wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club. The first time we viewed the facility we knew that it had the look we wanted (and had the size to host our large wedding). When we eventually saw the venue fully set-up, we were blown away with how perfect everything looked. However, as great and as beautiful the venue was, we were even more blown away by the outstanding level of service that we received. Every interaction we had with the folks at Old Hickory demonstrated how helpful, flexible, and on top of things they were. Specifically we'd like to highlight Michelle and Diane. Every step of the way Michelle made things so so easy. She went out of her way to listen to and understand our requests to make them a reality, and ensure that we had the wedding of our dreams. It was some of the best service we have ever received and we cannot sing her praises enough. One specific example relates to our wine selection. Our families are huge wine drinkers and we had a number of special requests. Even though they were not part of the usual package, Michelle worked to get us what we needed and even got one of our favorite wines! Michelle was always there answer questions and to make sure things went smoothly, including suggesting some things she had seen that worked best in the past (many times things we didn't even think about yet!). It took out so much stress from the planning and day of knowing that we had someone as capable as Michelle making sure everything was going smoothly. Diane was there the day of the wedding and went above and beyond to help us, including driving us between two different picture sites since it was a little rainy. We were in such good hands with her! Finally, we have to mention the food. Oh my God the food. It was AMAZING. Our families, in addition to loving wine, love food, and they could not stop RAVING about how great it was, which is high praise indeed. Pick Old Hickory, you won't regret it!

• Y

Yvette · Married on 06/09/2018

I just had my wedding at Old Hickory this past weekend and we are beyond impressed by how smoothly the staffs made it. I was so nervous since I have never planned an event before, let alone something this big and important. Michelle, Diane, and Robin were some of the coordinators that helped make the day run as smooth as possible! I was totally STRESS FREE the morning of my wedding. Even as I was getting ready they kept popping in asking if I needed anything. Always making sure we had a drink in our hands while taking photos and during the reception. The food was delicious and everyone complimented the food after! It was the best experience and I will definitely recommend this venue to everyone I know!

Sophia · Married on 06/01/2018

We are business oweners, so we know a thing or two about customer service. So, from the bottom of our hearts, we so much appreciated their exceptional service! From the first time we met with Michelle Wang, and Diane to discuss prices (Michelle) and options (Diane/Michelle) (i.e., lay out of venue accessories, etc), we were always confident that we had picked the best place to host our dream wedding. We were thoroughly impressed with the personalized and courteous attention given to us throughout the months leading up to our wedding. If you're searching for an outstanding venue and people to work with, then do not look any further.
    The price for the venue was reasonable and well worth it!

Sophia · Married on 06/01/2018

The price for the venue was reasonable and well worth it!

• I

Isa · Married on 04/14/2018

We had our wedding here in April. Everything went smoothly and was very organized. We couldn’t have done it without their help, especially Diane and Robin. They made sure we were taken care of on our special day. We had and amazing day and would definitely recommend choosing Old Hickory for your wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/16/2017

Old Hickory was the perfect venue for our wedding! We met with Michelle a couple of times before the wedding and every time she was an absolute delight to work with. She was professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Diane, Old Hickory's day of wedding coordinator, was also pleasant to work with and highly organized. You can tell they have both been doing this for years. The waiters, waitresses, and bartenders at Old Hickory were simply fantastic. They were full of energy and enjoyable people to be around. Everyone really worked together like a well-oiled machine. Both the ceremony and wedding were flawless! We are so happy we chose Old Hickory as our venue and would highly recommend it to anyone for a wedding or any other event!
    - Elizabeth and Sean Ganley

Cheryl · Married on 09/16/2017

I did not use them for a wedding, but for a surprise 50th birthday party luncheon. Michelle (banquet manager) was great to work with and the staff was very professional and accommodating. The setting was very beautiful, and my guests complimented the chef and staff on the yummy BBQ buffet lunch and drinks. I brought my own cake from Wegmans, and the staff put my large tall tapers on the cake and served it (along with a champagne toast). I also brought in my own projector and laptop to project a video collage during the event. The staff also helped me set up the room with my own hurricane lamp/candle centerpieces and custom mad lib game sheets at each table. A florist (Michael's Florist) had come by with some other floral arrangements and our balloon decorator (Nyea's Party) came with balloon pillars and bouquet. Overall, my experience was great, and I would definitely book another event at Old Hickory Golf Club again...

Jamey · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding reception at old Hickory and It. Was. Perfect! Michelle was extremely responsive and helped to get all of contract needs together. Diane was our day of coordinater and was phenomenal! She made sure that we were fully taken care of. Making sure we had food and beverages all night. Randy and Robin were very good with assisting with setup and held it down on the bar olallnnight for our VERY thirsty bunch! Everyone took such great care of us and all of our guests. They've got a great team! Food was great, ambiance was perfect and facility was beautiful! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our wedding here in September. It came out perfect!!! Michelle and Diane are amazing! They went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special!!! Highly recommend!!!!

Cristian · Married on 08/19/2017

We had the best time at our wedding, thanks to the great staff at old hickory. Everything was amazing decoration, drinks, food etc. hospitality me and my wife received was amazing, Michelle and Dianne are amazing and will go above and beyond to make your wedding unforgettable, and domingos food was amazing, all the staff was just perfect. the price was perfect and the flexibility was great. Thanks again to old hickory for the best night of our lives.

Pam · Married on 06/10/2017

I can not say enough wonderful things about Old Hickory Golf Club in Woodbridge and their amazing Staff for all they did to make my Daughters September 2, 2017 wedding the most amazing day for her. From the moment we met Michelle Wang and visited the venue we knew we had found the perfect place to celebrate our big day. Michelle and her staff are wonderful, always willing to answer questions and go the extra mile to accommodate you with special requests. The staff is professional and such a fun bunch of people to work with, they shared in our enthusiasm and went the extra mile in helping us pull off a few special surprises and it made for such a great experience. The food was delicious and we heard that comment echoed throughout the night by everyone. Our experience was absolutely amazing and we hope that people will not hesitate to book this for their own future event as I can assure you that you will not be sorry. To Michelle, Diane and the whole staff of Old Hickory that helped us pull of this special day for our Daughter .... THANK YOU! I wish we could give you more than 5 stars we would!

Beth · Married on 06/03/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better experience at Old Hickory. Michelle and Diane were amazing and made planning and the day of everything I hoped for. Michelle was great for the many questions we had during the months coming up to the wedding and Diane helped with all the day of things. They both did more than I ever expected to make everything perfect.

Brandi · Married on 05/06/2017

The people at Old Hickory are hands down the best in the business. They were flexible to meet our every need leading up to our big day, as well as during the celebration. The hands-on personal service was more than we could have imagined. The service was one-of-a-kind compared to everywhere else we looked. Michelle, Diane, Robin, and Randy were top notch. The food was mouth-watering - not at all like the standard mediocre banquet meals you find at other venues. We would trust them with all of our special events.

Megan · Married on 03/03/2017

The staff was INCREDIBLE! Very nice and friendly. They were more than accommodating especially with the short notice. They quickly made changes with the weather. The food was delicious and the drinks were flowing. I would highly recommend this venue to any future couples.

Tanya · Married on 11/19/2016

Service, price, food... Everything was perfect.

• U

Uzezi · Married on 10/15/2016

It was an absolute delight to have our wedding at Old Hickory Golf Club! My wife and I, and everyone who attended our wedding still talks about how professional and helpful Michelle and her staff were. We really appreciated Michelle’s attention to details, unique ideas, and personal attention to our needs. Additionally, right from the moment we checked out this location until the day we had our wedding reception, the Old Hickory team were super flexible and easy to work with. They promptly responded to and accommodated all of our requests prior to and on the day of our wedding. In fact, they exceeded our expectations and truly added to the beauty of our special day. Everything here is top-notch! The grounds for pictures and golfing, banquet hall for dancing, and variety of delicious food were some of the amazing things about this location. My wife and I are super thankful to Michelle, Robyn, Jose, and the entire Hickory team for their wonderful services. We are glad we choose Old Hickory Golf Club!!!

Meghan · Married on 04/30/2016

Old Hickory was a wonderful venue. Michelle and Diane were extremely helpful with everything and they made the day run smoothly.

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

We had our local wedding reception at Old Hickory this past March, and we had a great experience. The venue is beautiful, and the staff was fantastic. Michelle, our coordinator, was great to work with; she was knowledgeable, responsive, professional and friendly. She made the whole process a breeze. The staff were great the night of too. They were so friendly and a huge help by setting up all the tables and decorations. Their service was perfect, and the food was excellent. Also, huge shout-out to the bartender, who worked on his birthday the night of our reception. He went out of his way to make our night special and gave our guests awesome service. We all had a fantastic, memorable night, thanks to everyone at Old Hickory. We highly recommend this venue!

Karen · Married on 10/17/2015

I had the best day ever just a few days ago, as I celebrated my wedding with my friends and family at Old Hickory. The staff is wonderful. Michelle was a caring, polite and professional event planner. Our day-of coordinator, Diane, was the perfect mix of drill sergeant and concierge (just what is needed on the day-of). She made sure we were taken care from beginning to end, no request was too small. I appreciated the folks behind the bar and in the kitchen. A special mention should go to the chef, Domingo. He was so accommodating with the menu. Our guests went home raving about the food!

Lori · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding 10-3-15. My husband and I were blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. Michelle & Diana and the rest of the staff were nothing but helpful in the run up and during the course of our weekend-we couldn't praise them enough. As a wedding venue we couldn't fault anything. The food was out of this world all of our guests commented on the quality of food on offer & the bartenders were great! The venue played a huge part in the success of our weekend and the amount of our guests who are still talking about your venue is testament to that. I highly recommend Old Hickory! Bride to be- YOU are in GOOD hands. The staff was amazing. They made my wedding so special they take care of everything for you. Diana will make sure you and your soon to be husband enjoy your food.. She is awesome!! ( trust me there is a reason why i mention this) you will see how quick your big day goes.. With the new hardwood floors the space is perfect.
    Now stop reading all the great views about this amazing venue AND go check it out yourself. :) You will be blown away... TRUST ME :)
    Lori Shah :)

I was the maid of honor for my best friends wedding October 2015. I was looped in to all of the planning and setting up the day before the big day. First off, the staff were super accommodating and responsive. Michele helped with questions quickly and professionally. Diane was critical support the day of. She helped keep everyone on time and tame unruly guests (surprising how much you need this). They helped cover details like give the bride groom 10-15 minutes to eat in peace. All of the staff was friendly and the bartenders pour stiff drinks, yay!
    The venue is really beautiful especially with the new hardwood floors and the food was delicious and consistent, especially for a party of 200+.
    Enjoy your big day!
    LC

V · Married on 05/30/2015

We had such a wonderfully positive experience at Old Hickory. The staff bent over backwards to make the day special - from suggestions beforehand to taking drinks out to the wedding party as they were being taken around to the many beautiful outdoor picture taking spots, to meeting the special dietary needs of several guests. We could all relax and enjoy the day knowing everything was in good hands. The venue was beautiful, the balcony allowed guests a quiet conversation area, and the food was delicious. We highly recommend Old Hickory as a great reception venue.

My husband and I are very grateful to old Hickory Golf club for their wonderful services on our wedding day. Michelle and her team are amazing people.They are professional and they did provided good services to us and all our guests. in fact we had a beautiful wedding and we are so glad for choosing old hickory for our wedding reception.