Old Edwards Inn and Spa Reviews

7 | Highlands, NC

7 Reviews for Old Edwards Inn and Spa

• Lea

Lea · Married on 04/16/2016

If I could give Old Edwards 10 stars I would. They were amazing and far exceeded my expectations. I had a small wedding and anticipated being treated good but I was treated exceptionally well, as if my wedding was the only one that mattered. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding with them. They most certainly know what they're doing. I can't imagine my wedding be anymore beautiful than it was. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/09/2016

ashley brooke · Married on 02/27/2016

Amazing service and stunning place to have a wedding. They were so accommodating and made our special day so easy!!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Wonderful place to have a wedding. Everyone was very helpful and the venue is stunning.

Sent on 12/21/2014

e · Married on 08/25/2013

This is one pretty amazing place to have a wedding! My husband and I got married at the Farm, and it's probably one of the most beautiful spaces I've personally ever seen. I feel lucky to have been able to have my wedding there.

This was the first and only venue my parents and I visited. We did have a slight hesitation since we knew Highlands wasn't easy to get to by way of air... and the prices of the rooms were a lot to ask of our guests. But we decided to go with it anyway knowing that some people just might not be able to be there. We ended with a great turn out, and looking back I wouldn't have changed a thing. The staff is so on top of everything, and they made the planning as easy as it could be. The food was delicious (or so we heard, we didn't get to taste much of it before the end of the night when it was cold), and the hotel is incredible. Our friends and family have told us again and again that our wedding was the best they've ever attended. My husband and I laugh and wonder if they say that to everyone, but it was the best for us too! The wedding was really everything I could have ever dreamt for and more.

We also had our rehearsal dinner on the property at the Spring House, and it was just as incredible – probably about a million times better than I was expecting. We actually ate that night, and it was all delicious with unique twists on some of our favorite recipes.

I would recommend this venue to anyone as long money isn't a major concern. It all adds up quickly, and the rooms are not cheap. But there are plenty of other hotel options in the areas for your guests.

A little note: If you get married on the Farm, they will give you the option to rent the farmhouse for the night. It's cute, but most of the rooms are much nicer, and it's set away from the main property. I personally think it's preferable to stay in town, so I'd recommend just using the Farmhouse to get ready and staying on the main property.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Kristal · Married on 10/21/2011

My fiance and I began looking for a serene mountain destination for our wedding about a year ago. We began our search online and started looking in the Asheville area. Low and behold, we stumbled upon a website for the Old Edwards Inn and Spa. The same night, we saw a commercial on the travel channel and an ad in my The Knot North Carolina magazine.

We were able to make our way to Highlands in March and discovered that Old Edwards Inn was even better in person than on the website---which unbelievable considering we fell in love with the inn from the pictures and videos that we had viewed on their website.

We worked with Keri Jenkins throughout our wedding planning process. She is friendly and professional (as is 99% of the staff onsite). Keri really helped us to meet all of our expectations, while keeping our budget in mind as well. Leading up to the event, and especially in the high point of wedding season, Keri was very hard to get ahold of on the phone, but always emailed back in a timely manner.

The Keri and the inn staff worked to make our special day perfect in every way. Chef Johannes Klapdohr did an unbelieveable job on the menu. Afer our wedding, one comment that I heard again and again was that the food was, hands down, the best they have ever had at a wedding.

All in all, I cannot say enough great things about Old Edwards Inn and our wedding experience there. If you are looking for a mountain destination wedding in the Carolinas, I highly suggest that you check it out.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/06/2014

We looked at a number of options for venues ahead of time and couldn't be happier that we selected Old Edwards- they provided a unique and beautiful setting, great wedding planning services, an incredible event space, and the food was amazing.
    The wedding planning services were great. We loved that Old Edwards was able to provide so many services in house (food, linens, sound, dance floor, tables and chairs, etc), and loved that they really worked to make our wedding unique and different. During the weekend, we were pleased with the positive attitude of the entire staff and their ability to react to any problems real time. They really went above and beyond... We were also impressed that the staff took care of everything that was DIY or not taken care of by a vendor (e.g., décor for rehearsal dinner, name tents, setting up the area for bride to get ready, etc).
    The food surpassed even our high expectations and was a hit with all of our guests. We had a BBQ rehearsal dinner Friday... the food was homey and delicious, but also seemed high end. The food for the wedding itself was elegant and spectacular, and the table service was fantastic. Plus Chef Klapdohr's introduction of the food was a favorite memory among guests. We can't wait to come up and visit to enjoy the food again! Every event, from bridesmaid luncheon to brunch was the best and most original food we've ever experienced at an event like this.
    The hotel was also wonderful. Guests raved about their accommodations and many stated that they would gladly come back for a weekend away.
    What an incredible venue. We recommend to anyone looking for a unique, woodsy/ rustic wedding with all the amenities and luxuries of a big city high end hotel.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

4.2
      2.0

Love the OEI and the Farm. It was an amazing experience. The Chef is so talented. My friends are still raving about the food. My bridesmaids and I loved renting the farmhouse and getting dressed out there. I highly suggest doing that but agree with another review-er that it's more fun to stay in town for the actual hotel rooms. Make sure to book rooms and vendors EARLY because things book up very fast!! :)

Sent on 12/16/2015