Old Daley on Crooked Lake Reviews

130 | Averill Park, NY

130 Reviews for Old Daley on Crooked Lake

Peggy Wolf · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect Wedding Day

My daughter was married at Old Daley on 9/27/19. As my daughter put it, it was everything she could have hoped for.
    First and foremost was our wedding planner. Kate Mace was fantastic. There wasn't a question or detail too small for her to promptly and professionally respond to. Even a request for chicken nuggets (actually McDonald nuggets which she personally picked up) for the cocktail hour was fulfilled. She was there from the start and on the wedding day, but never intrusive.
    The venue is the most beautiful place I've ever seen for a wedding, or any other occasion. The grounds, lake, bar, ball room, (and yes even the restrooms) were perfect.
    The food and service were amazing. From the cocktail hour through dessert, could not have asked for more. Everyone raved about their dinner, especially the prime rib. No one went away hungry or disappointed.
    I f I had another occasion coming up, there would be no question. I would definitely choose the Old Daley.
    Peggy & Bud Wolf

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Iverson · Married on 12/27/2019

Elegant wedding, perfect day and outstanding venue!

If you are reading this review, you are likely a newlywed trying to make important decisions about where to have your wedding. I hope this review helps convince you that Old Daley on Crooked Lake is the right choice for you, and why. When looking at wedding venues my fiancée and I almost didn’t go to Old Daley on Crooked Lake as it was a little further outside the Capital District that we had hoped. My now wife (who of course is right all the time) encouraged us to keep the appointment and it was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.

There are three overarching reasons why our wedding was truly perfect and why I recommend this venue to anyone, without reservation.

First, the venue itself is gorgeous. Regardless of the time of year (we had a winter wedding) the setting is elegant without being overly formal. The natural beauty of the building lends an atmosphere of history and elegance that can suit any wedding budget, style or preference. Our wedding was on the smaller side (about 90 people) and we wanted to have it be fairly relaxed. We got married in the great room in front of the fireplace. The candles on/in the fireplace and the lanterns lining the aisle were gorgeous and made for romantic, beautiful lighting. We had cocktail hour and dinner stations in the Oak Room. We opted for no assigned seating, with exception of one table for family and one for me and my wife. Our guests were able to move around and mingle with each other, sit by the fireplace, etc. After dinner we had dancing and dessert in the Great Room – this allowed guests to move back and forth between the two rooms depending on their preference.

Secondly, the food was outstanding. Everything served was cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. Everyone has been to a wedding where the food feels like mass-produced cafeteria food and this is the exact opposite. Everything was delicious and there was ample food and choices to please all our guests. We had a few guests with dietary restrictions and one severe allergy and the venue staff did an excellent job being responsive to all of the dietary needs.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Kate Mace (our wedding coordinator) and her team were incredible to work with. Leading up to the wedding our friends kept asking us if we were stressed out and the answer was always a resounding, “no!” Kate is outstanding at her job, she is professional, responsive, resourceful, detail-oriented, a great communicator and just all-around nice person who is both easy and fun to work with. There was one minor issue that came up on the day of the wedding (external to the venue); Kate and her team handled with poise, grace, tact and clearly with the goal to ensure that the brides didn’t have any stress or decisions to have to make the day of our wedding. Planning and having wedding should be joyful and fun – it was because of Kate that we had that exact experience.

I’ll add that my wife and I are a same-gender couple - as a gay couple we were welcomed, valued and celebrated by the team at Old Daley on Crooked Lake. (This was not true at all the venues we visited).

My concern about the location being a little outside of the Capital District was solved by hiring a shuttle to/from a hotel in East Greenbush. Many of our local guests opted to stay at the hotel an take advantage of the shuttle.

Our wedding day was perfect for two reasons: 1) we married the right person and 2) because we opted to do so at Old Daley on Crooked Lake.

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Katie

Katie Anne · Married on 12/07/2019

Best wedding coordinator!

Where do I begin!? I’ve always wanted a winter wedding and saw a picture of the fireplace and that was it! Kate Mace, my wedding coordinator, was an earth angel. I could not thank her enough for everything she did for us. She quickly answered any question my mom and I had, was flexible and catered to our every need. When you are stressed out, you definitely need a calm, efficient and kind person helping and that was Kate! I felt like a princess on the day of my wedding and the venue staff were friendly and welcoming. The food is absolutely delicious and I have no complaints!

Sent on 12/10/2019

kristen · Married on 11/02/2019

The best wedding venue

I have so many good things to say about Crooked Lake , they exceeded all of our wedding expectations and provided us with the most amazing day.
    At first the package seems pricey , but after looking at other venues you will realize that their package includes the most bang for your buck.

We had Sarah for our planner and omg she is the best !! She is so good as what she does and she is an amazing person to work with ! She helps you keep everything organized and even stepped in and helped my MOH with a day of shuttle issue!

Crooked lake is the most beautiful venue , we received so many compliments from guests , and we were blown away ourselves.

If you are looking for a venue with an amazing staff, great food , a view , a great option for indoor OR outdoor ceremonies , this is your place , they really do have it all!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew Long · Married on 11/01/2019

Sarah made it easy!

Not only was the venue beautiful, the food superb and my bride absolutely stunningly beautiful, but our wedding coordinator Sarah was so helpful. From day one she kept it simple for us and made sure we didn’t get overwhelmed. She had members of her staff stop us and make sure we got to eat, drink, and enjoy the night. I’ve always heard people get lost in their wedding with all the formalities, but they put extra effort in making sure that we enjoyed our night and all they had to offer us plus still spend time with our guests. It was truly was a dream come true and we have Sarah, her team at Old Daley, and the rest of our spectacular vendors to thank for that.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Peter · Married on 10/25/2019

Cannellos Wedding 10/25/2019

Old Daley on Crooked Lake was an awesome venue to have our wedding at. The pricing was competitive with other venues and the service was outstanding. Personal friends have said this was the most attentive staff they'd ever had at a wedding and that it was some of the best food they'd ever had. I would highly recommend booking Old Daley on Crooked Lake for your wedding.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Kaileigh

Kaileigh · Married on 10/04/2019

Unforgettable day thanks to them!

Wow, where to begin with the Old Daley... The staff was so professional, prompt and easy going. The food was phenomenal. And the price (while it seems high) includes so much. You get your food, your cake, an event planner, a wedding attendant, your location and then some, all included. The grounds made for beautiful photos and ceremony. Raining? Cold? No problem! Their plan B ceremony location in front of the fireplace is like a romantic dream come true. Our event planner Sarah, was so great to work with and made our day go smoothly without having to worry me in any way. We got more compliments on the space and the food than we did anything else on our wedding day! I could rave about this place all day!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Jessica Lamendola · Married on 09/13/2019

Five Stars All Around

The team at Old Daley is exceptional, specifically Sarah our wedding coordinator and Iris her day of assistant. Both of them were extremely attentive and professional the day of the wedding. Sarah's attention responsiveness and attention to details were critical and kept me stress free leading up to the our wedding day.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Renko · Married on 09/11/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Old Daley on Crooked Lake was everything we were looking for! It was the perfect setting for our wedding. We really liked that we were able to do everything in a single location, yet the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception each had a separate, beautiful space. The staff was amazing to work with. Everyone was so gracious and friendly. Kate was our wedding coordinator and she was so easy to contact and work out our plans with. Kate had suggestions when we needed guidance and really helped shape our day into exactly what we wanted. Molly was our attendant for the night and was right there whenever we needed something. We received many compliments from our guests on the quantity and quality of food at the cocktail hour and reception. There are many great locations inside and outside for stunning photos. This was everything we dreamed of and I am so glad we picked Old Daley on Crooked Lake.

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/10/2019

They had it all!

We got married August 2019! I’m not good with words so I’ll just say everything was so amazing! Kate was so helpful in every possible! I would have been lost without her! The facility is already so beautiful that you don’t have to do a lot to decorate. Several of our guests stated we had “the best food they have ever had at a wedding!” I was the perfect place to have our big day! Thank you to all the staff!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Parysek · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Venue!

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Old Daley for our wedding. Kate was our wedding planner and she did an amazing job helping us figure out everything leading up to the big day. She would answer any of my texts asking random questions very quickly and was very helpful. We dropped off a bunch of framed pictures and other decorations the night before and Kate went through all of it and set it up beautifully for us, finding a spot for everything we brought (although the hall is so well decorated itself, so you really don't need to bring much extra if you don't want to). The actual day of was nothing short of perfect. The room upstairs to get ready in was so nice and convenient and had plenty of room for myself, my mom and 6 bridesmaids to get hair and makeup done. We did a food and beverage package while getting ready so we had champagne and lunch brought up to our room at whatever time we wanted. Our plan was to get married outside by the beautiful lake, and it rained early in the afternoon that day and there was a chance of more rain as it got closer to the ceremony. I kept saying I was worried about the weather, and Kate kept reassuring me that everything would work out and that there was nothing to worry about. Old Daley was then able to set up the ceremony inside and outside for us so that we could wait until the last possible minute before the decision was made to move inside. Ultimately the rain cleared before the ceremony, so they dried the chairs off and we were able to have the ceremony we so wanted outside. There are so many great spots outside around the venue to take pictures and the inside is so beautiful too. All the food was amazing and served in a timely manner, and no one ever waited long at the bar to get a drink. All the other formalities of the night were planned and timed out perfectly, leaving us with plenty of time after all that to just dance and have fun with our guests. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in this area.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget Cullings · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely stunning venue with delicious food and exceptional staff

We knew from the start that this was the perfect venue for our wedding!! We looked at about 10 different venues throughout the Capital Region, and immediately after walking out of the Old Daley, my husband and I looked at each other and said, "This is it." The rest of our venue tours were half-hearted at best as we compared everything to the stunning beauty of the Old Daley and the amazing staff who had already worked hard from our first phone call asking about dates to make sure we had a good experience. It only got better from there! Kate Mace, our wedding planner, was a dream come true. There wasn't a question, issue, or concern she couldn't find a creative solution for, and she did it with good humor, professionalism, and care that always made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with. We live in New York City and when one of the only dates we could come for an in-person meeting was her day off, she came in anyway. We were truly able to relax and enjoy the best day ever because the staff was working hard to make everything run smoothly. And, thanks to the Old Daley, the day really was perfect - from the breathtaking ceremony on the lake, to the delicious food that guests are still raving about, to the ideal layout for a cocktail hour and ballroom with plenty of room to mingle and dance - I couldn't recommend this venue more! Thank you to Jan, Kate, and the whole team for making our dream come true.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Erin and Joe · Married on 07/14/2019

Magical place for a magical day

Thanks to Sarah, from start to finish and with plenty of laughter along the way, we didn't have to worry about any of the day-of details ahead of the wedding. They executed flawlessly, thought of things we didn't think of, and made it unbelievably smooth and stress-free. The venue was ridiculously beautiful, matched by the level of professionalism and care the staff gave us and our guests. Sarah and The Old Daley team made our day... our day. It was stunning and we have the amazing photos to always remember The Old Daley as a magical place.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Carlianne · Married on 06/29/2019

Stunning Venue

Old Daley was the absolute perfect place for us to get married. Sarah, our planner was extremely responsive, personable and ON IT! She ran the show and made it flow flawlessly. The weather was iffy so instead of making us choose in advance whether we were having an indoor or outdoor ceremony, she had staff set up for both so we could make a last minute choice. The staff, including Gina always made sure we had whatever we needed. For dinner, we got a little bit of everything at our table and the guests could not stop talking about how good the food was. Bar service was extremely fast and delicious. Would recommend 10/10.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Bryan

Bryan Bauer · Married on 06/09/2019

Perfect all around !!

My wife and I recently tied the knot at old daley and everything was awesome! The staff were great and very attentive to us and our guest. The food was delicious and the atmosphere is perfect for photos. I'd highly recommend checking this place out !

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 06/07/2019

Venue of our dreams!!

I could not have imagined our wedding anywhere else! When looking for a venue, it was important for us to find a place that was not just beautiful, but also had space for a rain plan, had great food, and were on top of their communication with clients. The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake provided all of this and so much more! Their staff was so friendly and fun to work with, and although we didn't end up needing the rain plan it provided peace of mind as our wedding date approached. The group tasting was incredibly well organized and we had so much fun trying everything and picking out our menu. I only wish that I had gotten a chance to eat more of the delicious food we had selected on the wedding day! Our wedding planner, Kate, was so nice and easy to work with. No matter the special request, substitution, or change of plans, she did not bat an eyelash and truly helped make our wedding dreams a reality. Having worked in the wedding industry myself, I had heard only spectacular things about the way the Old Daley treats wedding vendors which is something many people underestimate. You really want your photographer, DJ, wedding coordinator and anyone else executing your big day to be well taken care of so that they can perform their jobs to the best of their abilities, and the Old Daley delivers on that! The space itself is absolutely breathtaking and I would recommend the Old Daley to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfection!

We had our wedding at Old Daley on Crooked Lake and were blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of atmosphere, scenery, food and overall experience. From the moment we walked in to tour the venue, my husband and I both knew this is where we wanted to celebrate our wedding day. This venue has so much charm and character and the staff make you feel like family from day one.

Kate was nothing but helpful every step of the way. Kate was so easy going and so on top of everything during our entire planning process, I was blown away. Kate coordinated with all of our vendors the day of the wedding, that I truly did not have to worry about a single thing. She has this calming presence about her that made the whole process extremely enjoyable (just the energy that every bride needs around her on their wedding day!). I cannot thank and praise Kate enough.

As a wedding venue we cannot fault anything. The ceremony on the lake was beyond our expectations. The staff made the transition from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception seem so effortless. With almost 200 guests I was nervous it may be a little hectic, but the staff made it absolutely seamless. And the food was out of this world!!! All of our guests are still telling us about how delicious everything was. From the cocktail hour, to the main course, to the endless mouthwatering desserts, everything was beyond perfect.

The venue played a huge part in the success of our wedding weekend and the amount of our guests who are still talking about our venue is testament to that.

My husband and I cannot wait to go back to Crooked Lake for many years to come to relive the most magical day. Thank you to Kate and the whole Old Daley Team for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Krista Haas · Married on 05/18/2019

so glad we chose this venue

I could not be happier that we chose Crooked Lake House for our wedding venue. It was perfect in every way. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful (read: overabundance of decorations not necessary), we were lucky to have a nice day so were able to use both the outdoor and indoor space, there was plenty of room for our 140 person wedding, the food was DELICIOUS, and the best part was that we didn't have to worry about any of the details on our wedding day because we knew they were being taken care of. It was amazing. Kate was our event planner and did such a good job of helping us to realize our vision and making it all happen. On the day itself, Shannon was our day-of assistant and did such a good job making sure my husband and I were taken care of (drink running low? Suddenly Shannon was there to see if we wanted another. Time to cut the cake? They let us know so we didn't have to keep track of the time). They were also extremely flexible with all of our requests (such as allowing my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies on our dessert table), which was so nice and made the process really easy. We dropped all of our decorations off the day before and Kate and her team set it all up beautifully for our big day. I'm so so so so glad we chose this venue and would recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the Albany area.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2019

One of a kind

I could not have dreamed up a more perfect venue if I tried. The Old Daley is truly one of a kind. From start to finish they really do everything they can to help make wedding planning as painless as possible. We worked with Kate who was beyond incredible. She did everything she possibly could to make sure we had the perfect day. She even built us a chuppah (wedding canopy) when we had to have our ceremony indoors! Her attention to detail is unmatched. She made me feel really special and her calming presence was something I really needed...especially at the end. She made my vision for my centerpieces come to life. I could not have done any of it without her!

The food was great - I'm getting rave reviews...in fact I got rave reviews from all the guests about how amazing everything was, not just the food. They know how to throw a party!

I seriously cannot say enough good things about the Old Daley. If you want a place that will make you feel like family this is it. I would recommend the Old Daley for anyone planning any event. I wish I could go back and do it again!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing experience!

We had the pleasure of having our wedding ceremony and reception at Old Daley on Crooked Lake, and we cannot say enough great things about them! From start to finish, the staff was kind, accommodating, and helpful. In particular, our event planner with them, Kate Mace, was always available to assist and made the entire process so personalized. On the day of the wedding, Kate was amazing in helping make sure everything went to plan - and it did! We had zero issues or problems, and all our guests could not stop complimenting about the venue, the food, and the service. We would without any hesitation recommend Old Daley on Crooked Lake and Kate for anyone looking to have an event there. Thank you so much, Kate and Crooked Lake for the unforgettable experience! We are beyond grateful!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Patricia · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Day Ever!!

This was my dream wedding location and they did not disappoint. From our first meeting, everyone was kind and helpful. Our planner Kate went above and beyond to make sure we had the exact wedding we pictured. She answered every email and frantic text. She coordinated with our other vendors so I didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. The venue is beautiful, the food is AMAZING, and the staff is the kindest I've ever worked with. Our parents and the bridal party were well taken care of all day! Guests couldn't stop gushing about the food.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Katie · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing Venue

We cannot say enough about how much we loved our wedding venue. Everything about it was spectacular. Every room had a unique feature about it which made it special, and the outside was gorgeous – especially during the winter time with snow on the ground. The staff, especially our wedding planner, Sarah, were excellent from start to finish. Sarah worked hard with us in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding to make sure it was everything we wanted it to be. She was able to accommodate every request and took it in stride. She made sure that from the moment we arrived to the moment we left that we were having a good time. Her assistant, Andrew, was a huge asset the day of. He was always there to provide you anything you wanted, while attending to other guests as well. All of our guests loved the food and the deserts (we had waffles instead of a cake) were a huge hit. The packages they have available are very personalized so you can style your wedding to what you want. All around a wonderful place to have a wedding.

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • Jacquelynn

Jacquelynn · Married on 10/21/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue!!

When me and my husband first saw pictures of Old Daley on Crooked Lake we knew we needed to get married there! We live in Virginia so we were not able to get there to see it right away and we booked it anyway. We were not disappointed. We could not have picked a better venue for our special day. The staff here was amazing and they were always there to help with anything we needed. Sarah Tyrell was our coordinator and she went above and beyond every step of the way to make sure our wedding day went perfectly. From all the planning and questions for the months leading up to the wedding, to setting up all of the decorations for the ceremony and reception, she did a great job. She helped to keep the wedding party organized and made sure everything went just as it was supposed to.
    We had originally planned to have the ceremony outside but due to the weather we had to move the ceremony indoors last minute. Sarah and the rest of the staff were great about moving everything indoors and my husband and I could not be happier about how beautiful and perfect the inside ceremony turned out. One of the many great things about this venue is the ability to have either an indoor or outdoor ceremony. Both areas are incredibly beautiful.
    All of our guests could not stop raving about how beautiful and perfect our wedding day was and it was in large part to the staff at this venue, as well as the natural beauty of the venue itself. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a wedding/reception venue. Let them help make your day as amazing and absolutely perfect as ours was.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Carissa · Married on 09/30/2018

Never would I have imagined that the first place we looked at for a wedding venue would be the one and only place we would need to look but Old Daley on Crooked Lake is just that breathtaking. Our initial meeting and tour was with Janice, she was friendly, easy going, and has a comforting presence. We walked away from our tour knowing this was the place we were going to get married. We booked two days after our initial meeting and that is when the planning process begun. The team at crooked lake were always friendly and prompt in their responses. We attended a group tasting one year after booking, the food was amazing and choosing a menu was only difficult because everything was just SO good.

The tasting is the first chance my husband and I had to meet our wedding planner Kate Mace. People like Kate are rare and I could not have asked for a better person to help make our wedding day perfect because it was just that, simply perfect. Kate always responded promptly to emails, texts, and phone calls. Kate listened to each idea and was able to make it come to life, she eased every concern, and allowed us to just enjoy our day. If there was anything that went wrong the day of, I didn't know because everything ran smoothly and it was truly a dream from start to finish. Kate and her assistant Gina went above and beyond the day of. Kate got eye lash glue and fixed my brother in laws wheelchair to name a few ways she saved the day. All of my guests continue to compliment how beautiful the venue was, how good the food was (and how big the portions), and how professional the staff was. Kate and the team at crooked lake exceeded expectations the day of and I highly recommend you choose them for your event!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Kat

Kathleen · Married on 09/29/2018

Eat, Drink and be Married

Almost one year ago I married the man of my dreams at the most beautiful venue around, The Old Daley on Crooked Lake. Janice and my wedding coordinator Kate Mace; listened to our needs and wants which made our special day run flawless. From the ceremony by the lake, reception in the ballroom and fireworks at the end of the night, we couldn’t have asked for a better day. We love the Old Daley team and can’t thank them enough! The packages offered had many options and wide price ranges, you could also customize your own package. The groom and bridal suite were large and beautiful. The service was amazing and all the staff were professional, fast, detailed and like family! Kate answered all of our questions, responded quickly to all of our messages, set up décor and center pieces we provided the night before, and worked with all of our other vendors. The food was delicious and we can’t wait to go back for their winter dining! The Old Daley on Crooked Lake will make anyone’s wedding a magical day!

Sent on 09/23/2019