Old Carolina Barbecue Company Reviews

Old Carolina Barbecue Company 1
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Great experience!

My fiancé and I went in for a tasting at the Rocky River location. The food was great and the catering coordinator was very personable and helpful.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Tonya · Married on 07/06/2019

Mother of the bride

The food was hot, delicious and the staff was kind and helpful! Can not go wrong with old Carolina!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Christine · Married on 06/29/2019

Great food that everybody loved!

We had Old Carolina cater our wedding, and it was some of the vest food I've ever had! We did a buffet style, and everything was still hot when it was being served! They definitely don't skimp out on portion sizes either, and allowed people to get seconds after everyone was served. We got the pulled pork, chicken breast, green beans, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, corn bread, and salad. Everything was delicious! We got plenty of food boxed for us to take home, and they also gave us a tins of each of the BBQ sauces as well! Our context was Brooke Guiley, and she was very nice and extremely helpful!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing catering

The food was amazing! The staff was prompt and so helpful! They manned the buffet line, bussed tables, and helped with cake cutting and boxing pur top layer! I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank you Becky for the kind words and congratulations again :) We wish you the best of luck in the future and THANK YOU for choosing OCBC to cater your BIG day!

lauren bodziony · Married on 03/09/2019

Good Food and Good Pricing!

Amazing food, easy to work with, reasonable pricing. Happy we chose them and our guests loved the food! They went out of their way to even help with cake cutting services.

Sent on 03/13/2019
  • Lauri

Lauri K. Bucci · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent Service, Excellent Food!

My daughter loves anything and everything barbecue, so when we saw Old Carolina Barbecue on the preferred vendor list at our wedding venue, we were eager to give them a try. Leslianne was a dream to work with, so professional and responsive. She invited us to a taste-testing evening, and once we tried the food, we were completely hooked. We are still receiving compliments about how good the food was five weeks after the wedding. The Old Carolina BBQ team worked together like a well-oiled machine, cheerfully and quickly serving everyone, answering questions, and helping wherever possible. And when dinner was over, they dismantled the buffet so quickly and quietly that nobody even realized they'd done it unless they happened to look over and see that it was gone! We could not have been more pleased with them and will highly recommend them to anyone seeking delicious food, great service and a lot of very happy wedding guests.

Sent on 12/15/2018
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 10/27/2018

Followed through with their word!!

Old Carolina BBQ definitely stepped up and took on a challenge. I has spoken with the catering manager, who no longer works there, about a year and a half prior to my wedding. He made promises, gave us quotes, and we put the deposit down. Then, time goes by, and 2.5 weeks or so before my wedding, I call to confirm the number of people and the final price with them. The staff informed me that the catering manager I had worked with no longer was employed there, they had NO RECORD of our event, and I would have to call back to speak with upper management. After some internal freaking out, I spoke with Mark, the general manager of the store. He was very nice, very helpful, and promised me that he and his team would perform and deliver every promise the previous catering manager had agreed to. I had to admit, I was nervous they were not going to show up the day of. But right on time, Mark, personally came to work my event, and his team arrived and began working right away. They were professional, the food was delicious, and lived up to all my exceptions. Thank you for being awesome and setting up, Old Carolina BBQ!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Alexis · Married on 09/08/2018

Leslianne and her team were wonderful to work with. They were nothing but professional and sweet to our guests and the food was amazing! Any questions we had, we immediately had an answer. Leslianne was so amazing through the planning process! Whether it was answering my questions, making last minute changes, or sending me pictures of the linens, she was on top of everything. I highly recommend Old Carolina for any event you're throwing.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank-you so much for your AWESOME review Alexis! You were a dream to work with as well <3 <3 <3 - Hope to see you in the restaurant some time! Leslianne

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2018

Flawless Service and Delicious Food

Old Carolina was the perfect choice for our wedding. The whole process was smooth and seamless and there were no issues at all. They were flexible when we wanted to add on additional options. The food was piping hot, plentiful and delicious and the servers were friendly and helpful. Overall it was a great value and our guests raves about our food. Totally recommend them!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Shelby · Married on 07/27/2018

Leslianne Lake of Old Carolina BBQ was very easy to work with and quickly responded to my emails. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly to our guests.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank-you so much Shelby! It was a pleasure working with you as well! Congratulations! <3 - Leslianne

Logann · Married on 07/14/2018

We chose Old Carolina BBQ for our wedding 3 weeks ago and are so glad we did! Staff was friendly and professional and the food was amazing! People are still talking about it :)

Sent on 08/02/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Logann - We love to hear that! Thank-you for choosing OCBC for your BIG day! Congratulations!

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

Our wedding was Saturday Evening (6/30/18) and I am still hearing how delicious the food was. Everyone was impressed by everything. Even our picky eaters were thrilled. We also have family from both Georgia & Nashville, they love their bbq and they were beyond impressed! The staff who worked our wedding were truly amazing. They roughed it through one of our hottest days to date this summer without AC, and still had a smile on their faces. They were kind, courteous, and very attentive. I’ve always been thrilled with food from Old Carolina, and I’m glad to say the experience of wedding planning with them was truly a dream. All in all a great company to work with and I would definitely recommend them without hesitation!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank-you so much for the awesome review Lauren! So happy our staff and food exceeded your expectations! It was a pleasure to work with you as well! <3 - Leslianne

Christina · Married on 06/30/2018

Brooke was wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. She was always prompt in responding to questions and emails leading up to the big day. When the mother of the groom and I did a tasting at one of their events we knew that is was the right vendor to handle our menu for our wedding day! We taste tested everything on the catering menu and the staff gave us plenty of time to try all of our options before setting with us to answer questions, unlike other catering companies we did tastings with. The staff were very understanding of our need to have a vegan option and our concern that the pasta we choose may be a little dry if it sets out for a long period of time during the summer days. The staff added notes to exclude the bacon in the green beans and to add extra oil base to the pasta, and those notes were followed as both were exactly as requested the day of the wedding. As the wedding day approached Brooke touched base with me to verify all the details. The vendor also handled setting up the appetizers and did a wonderful job of keeping them stocked. I highly recommend their catering services to anyone looking for an amazing vendor, while still staying within a wedding budget!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Christina - thank-you so much for the awesome review! I have to say we LOVE Brooke too - she rocks!!!!! So happy that everything was wonderful for your BIG day! <3 - Leslianne

anna · Married on 06/16/2018

We love Old Carolina and when we realized that they were one of the preferred vendors for our venue, we knew we couldn't go wrong since they taste so good! We met Brooke at a catering/wedding event and booked shortly after that. We then were in contact with Leslianne, who took over and everything continued to run smoothly. She was always very responsive to emails and requests. We appreciated them handling the linens, tables and chairs also on top of the food. And the food, we had it served family style, which everyone raved about as well as the delicious food! Thanks again for being apart of our wedding and sharing in our vision!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Anna - thank-you so much for the awesome review!!!! It was an absolutely pleasure to work with you and your wedding was GORGEOUS!!!!! Congratulations! <3 <3 <3 - Leslianne (and Brooke too!)
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

Hired for my sisters wedding, everything turned out amazing, they even had staff pick up plates and hand out dessert. I planned this wedding from Virginia and they made it very easy even from out of town. After I had already hired them I heard so many people tell me how much they love their food, so it calmed my nerves knowing I picked a delicious place. I love that it isn't the traditional easy to make wedding food. Their food is something people actually want to eat and look forward to dinner. Even with the name BBQ they were so professional and catered to all tastes not just smoked and covered in sauce. If I had another event in the future I would hire again, defiantly the best price around and they include so much. We started at $12 per person but after my sister went to the tasting my family was so in love and added so much it went up a bit, but totally worth it. I'm happy everyone was full of amazing food.

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Morgan - Thank-you for the awesome review. Planning from afar can be stressful and I am happy we made the planning easy for you! Also LOVE hearing how much people love and appreciate our food and staff! Congratulations! - Leslianne

Sarah · Married on 02/09/2018

Everything was delicious and the staff was very professional!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Thank-you Sarah!!!! Congratulations!

Kenzi · Married on 10/07/2017

Leslieann kept in great communication with me throughout the process, even when we had a hiccup with the plates (which are provided in the price), she got it worked out perfectly for me. The woman that was there for the wedding also kept in good communication with me though out the night and they packed up all our leftovers for us!! Delicious! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Casey · Married on 07/08/2017

Our experience with Old Carolina was nothing short of awesome! Brooke was incredible (especially with my changes) and always had a smile on her face. Her staff the day of the wedding were great and the food was the talk of the night! Fantastic service and reasonably priced. I loved that ordering linens and other fabrics was so easy as they handled everything for us with Miller Rental. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/11/2017

B · Married on 06/18/2017

LeslieAnne was wonderful to work with - she was quick to answer emails and all of my questions and requests. My guests are till raving about the food. We even had a good amount left to take home which fed the extended family for the next few days! Excellent service staff as well!

Jenna · Married on 06/10/2017

I cannot leave a higher review for Old Carolina! From our initial emails to our tasting to our wedding day, we could not be more pleased with their professionalism, attention to detail, and positive attitudes. Leslianne was amazing to work with, and was incredibly prompt with her email responses and returned phone calls. She did everything possible to ensure our day was everything we imagined it to be and was incredibly accommodating with our ideas. The food served at our wedding was even better than what we had sampled at our tasting and at the Old Carolina restaurant. They pulled the pork right as my husband and I walked up to the buffet table! Our guests loved our non-traditional menu, and many went up for seconds and thirds. I absolutely recommend Old Carolina for your “I Do BBQ”!

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Jenna - YOU were amazing to work with! One of the things I say over and over again is how FUN and easy going out clients typically are, thank-you for being one of them! I am so happy everything met and EXCEEDED your expectations. It really makes me proud of all the hard work our team does on a day to day basis! Congratulations! Leslianne
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 06/04/2017

Leslianne with Old Carolina was a pleasure to work with! She was responsive and so helpful. The servers that worked our wedding were also so kind and professional! We got so many comments about how great the food was! It was also a great price for delicious food and great service. I would definitely recommend Old Carolina Barbecue!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank-you so much Aimee! Being part of our clients special day and knowing they loved it make all our hard work with it! Congratulations! Leslianne

Greg · Married on 05/13/2017

My wife and I loved working with Old Carolina! The service we received far surpassed our expectations. We live in MD and were planning our wedding in Ohio. Brooke was extremely flexible and was able to meet with us on the weekends, was extremely responsive to our emails and calls, and even connected us with other vendors in the area! On our wedding day she was there extremely early making sure that everything was set up perfectly for our reception. We had appetizers from other restaurants and she coordinated with them to make sure everything went smoothly. The food was also delicious!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Old Carolina Barbecue Company 2

Meghan · Married on 04/30/2017

We used Old Carolina BBQ to cater our post-destination wedding luncheon at Hale Farm. Working with Leslianne to coordinate all of the details was an absolute pleasure. She is super professional, kind and knowledgeable. The staff on the day of the event (I wish I could remember the name of the manager/lead on that day!) was EXCEPTIONAL. When we arrived, the staff had an "all hands on deck" attitude and were willing to pitch in wherever we needed. It was very appreciated! Now, on to the food. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS! Our guests raved about it, and it was the perfect accompaniment for our laid-back event. The food/service package that we selected was a great value and included so much (linens, etc.). The only downfall to selecting Old Carolina BBQ for catering was that they don't offer any bartending service add-on's like so many of the other caterers did. However, Leslianne was quick to give me a list of tried-and-true bartenders to contact, which was super helpful, and we ended up selecting one of her recommendations!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Meghan - It was a pleasure to work with you as well! So happy to be part of your BIG day! Thank-you for your awesome review - it's clients like you that make my job fun! Congratulations! <3 - Leslianne
  • Hannah and Roger

Hannah · Married on 03/17/2017

Old Carolina BBQ was SO easy to work with & their food is AMAZING! They are affordable, friendly, accommodating, and flexible. Everyone at the wedding thought the food was delicious! I definitely recommend them. We also rented a sweetheart table and a cake table through them and they were the perfect finishing touches to our big day!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Old Carolina Barbecue Company's reply:

Thank-you so much Hannah! It was great to be part of your BIG day! Best of luck to you on your awesome adventure!!!! - Leslianne