Okyne Medialab, Inc. Reviews

289 | Chicago, IL

289 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

Okyne Medialab, Inc. 1
Okyne Medialab, Inc. 2

Agnes · Married on 05/19/2012

Okyne was our first option as DJ, and after our initial meeting with them, we knew we had our DJ. They are truly a professional company. We had read many of their reviews on this and other web sites, and they were all positive, and we got to experience why. Their planning tool makes it extremely easy to map out your event so their DJ is completely prepared. Our specific DJ, DJ Erich, was extremely professional and was very good at coordinating the events of our reception to make sure the people that were needed were prepared for their task (toasts, dances, etc). All of our guests commented during and after the reception how good the DJ was. The older guests were please with the music from their generation that they were able to dance to, and then the younger guests got their turn as DJ Erich started playing newer music. We knew with our guests it would be difficult to keep the dance floor full, but somehow DJ Erich made that happen! We had more than 1 guest comment how they wanted to take a break from dancing, but couldn't because all the songs were so good!

We were very impressed with Okyne Media Lab, and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their event.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Kamile · Married on 05/12/2012

Only the best review for the best DJ service! Okyne Medialab was our first and only choice when it came to picking our DJ. We were sold when we found out that they did not play the chicken dance or the YMCA :) Al and Stacy were amazing to work with before our wedding and everything was well organized and easy to work with on their website! Matt was a FANTASTIC DJ! The dance floor was where everyone wanted to be the entire night! He kept the party going till 1:30am! Matt was not only a great DJ, but he was also making sure we were doing okay through out the entire night! Matt you were a hit at our wedding and we will highly recommend Okyne Medialab!
    Thanks for a great night!
    Adam & Kamile

Sent on 05/21/2012

Kaori · Married on 05/05/2012

I had the pleasure of working with Okyne Media for my wedding last month. I initally met them at a bridal show and loved their live DJ set. I decided on them after my wedding planner (Anthony with Liven it up Events) also recommened them to me. The process in choosing the music and timeline was seamlessly easy online. Al and Stacy are true professionals! They picked Alan as our DJ for the night. Al promised that Alan would deliver and he did! He kept our dance floor full the entire night, as promised. Alan was so respectful to our wishes in what we wanted for music and we clicked with him immediately. We all had a great time and we got to work with Alan again at our friend's wedding a few weeks later. I highly recommend Al and his team for your DJ needs!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Maureen · Married on 04/28/2012

Dear Al and Stacy, I apologize for the delay of this most grateful THANK-YOU for helping make our reception a joy-filled success! My nephew has chosen AL for his wedding next August! Planning a wedding or any event is stressful even in the best of circumstances however Ron and I were blessed to have chosen the "perfect" vendors for our event. You and Al were a delight from the moment we decided not to overpay for an expensive band. Stacy and AL were kind and courteous even with some of our bumps in the road (we're a step family dynamic, we had a lot to learn). Stacy, your professional kind demeanor on the phone and in email helped calm a very stressed out mom/bride...Thank you. Your online tools are amazing. It made "creating" our musical ambiance a breeze. Everything is right at one's finger tips. We had the ability to preview any song we wanted and if it wasn't available AL went out of his way to find it....Thank you. Al found the exact color we wanted for our "uplighting" (money we set aside for a band). Our reception venue glowed in the perfect hue of purple we wanted. (He has hundreds of color choices on his web chart, amazing, I never knew how many shades of purple there were!) It WAS absolutely beautiful!! (we still paid less than the band and I have NO regrets).
    Our crowd was mostly young 20-30 age range and the dance floor was packed with happy dancers, just what we wanted. With his web selection process "you" create the musical ambiance that "you" want. My 17 yo and her friends were thrilled we chose a DJ, so they could hear the "artists" music. I knew I made the right choice in DJ when my day of coordinator (also amazing) Anthony Navarro raved about Al.
    Thanks again Al and Stacy!! Maureen and Ron

Sent on 06/11/2012

Paula · Married on 04/21/2012

The company rocked! The DJ did an amazing job, not only in sensing what type of music would keep the crowd going, but also in going out of his way to make sure he played songs that my husband and I liked. Further, my venue offered more than one way of setting up the system, and this vendor knew exactly which way would result in the best sound and best interaction. My guests had a blast, and so did we!

Sent on 06/17/2012
  • User2520981 · 2+ years ago

Our DJ was wonderful - all of our meetings prior to the wedding were very thorough. Our DJ was professional and able to keep our guests dancing all night long.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Carrie · Married on 03/31/2012

I chose Okyne Media Lab because friends had used them before and I couldn't have been happier with everything. Al and Stacy are very helpful and accommdating. And Matt, our DJ, was so helpful and not only did a great job with the music, but also tried to do anything in his power to help me throughout the night. He didn't need to get me cocktails, lol. All in all, it couldn't have been more perfect!!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Alison · Married on 03/31/2012

Okyne MediaLab was a joy to work with! We loved all of the online tools they provided and they were quite helpful in planning out our day. Besides the online tools, meeting with Al a week before our event not only helped us to solidify our day of schedule, it also put many of our fears to rest and we were confident that our wedding would go on without a hitch. Our DJ, Alan, was attentive and extremely flexible with some of our last minute changes. We received numerous compliments from our guests about how great the music was and the dance floor was always packed! The uplighting was beautiful and it made the reception hall look stunning!

Sent on 06/30/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/10/2012

Alan, Stacy, & the Entire Okyne MediaLab company were so attentive to us from day one when we met them at the Chicago Wedding Expo. They are the most technologically saavy DJ company I have ever come accross. Our DJ, Alan, who specializes in the "Dance/Dubstep" music that my husband and I like, did an incredible job reading the crowd & knowing exactly what song to play next. The dancefloor was crowded the entire night, (after all of the scheduled events of course!) and I received so many texts/facebooks/calls the next morning asking about the DJ and complimenting us on the music. Overall, i would recommend Okyne Medialab to any bride that wants her day to go perfect, a bride who wants to give her thoughts and ideas to a DJ, and let them take care of the rest. Thank You so much Al & Stacy<3

-Amanda Arnier-Passenheim

Sent on 03/12/2012
  • Kelly & Eric

Kelly · Married on 11/06/2011

If I had a billion dollars, I'd buy out Okyne and have them DJ my every evening.
    But I don't, so I merely had them DJ my wedding. You should do the same. We received mountains upon mountains of compliments for our wedding, and we would not have been so blessed without Okyne.
    From first glance to wedding night, Okyne was a dream. Okyne's owner Al is simultaneously professional and laid back, and in our first meeting he effectively demonstrated his DJ's capabilities via laptop. A significant selling point to me - which all of you newlyweds should consider - was an ability to mix music; and he did so effortlessly.
    Furthermore, and this is quite important, his company has a highly usable interface for searching and selecting songs for every stage of your ceremony. This functionality was unique among other wedding DJs we considered. This was a big selling point for us and we chose Okyne based, in part, on this functionality. It gives you a massive amount of control for your wedding, and provides a framework for thinking about how your evening should sound.
    As our wedding date neared, our instincts were our reward. Al paired us with a DJ based solely on our initial conversations with him, and he was quite wise. Our musical requests for our wedding were quite specific, but our DJ, Matt G, instantly understood our plan for our wedding - New Orleans Jazz for the ceremony, followed by the American songbook and Southern blues for the cocktail hour, ambient techno for dinner, and then alternative dance for the reception. Music truly is my life; I had a vision, and Matt turned it into a reality that our guests, to my continuing humility, compliment my wife and I today.
    Whatever vision you may have for your wedding, I am confident Okyne can do the same for you. Have a wonderful life together, with our compliments.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2011

We really loved working with Okyne Media. The prep process with Al was so easy and convenient and our DJ, Matt, did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! From the beginning of the night he did an excellent job of introducing himself, lining everyone up for the entrance and making the night flow so smoothly. At one point he really stepped up and helped us with the order and timing of things and made the whole night run perfectly. I've had multiple comments from a wide age range of guests who commented on the music for the evening. The dance floor was PACKED all night long and Matt did an excellent job of making that happen. So, we just wanted to say thank you - we loved working with Okyne Media and especially Matt.

Sent on 11/25/2011

Megan · Married on 10/22/2011

Would HIGHLY recommend using Al and the rest of the guys at Okyne Medialab. I've been to several weddings that they have dj'd at so I didn't even hesitate to hire them for ours. The dance floor was packed all night. I love that I got to put in my music preferences and talk to my dj before our event. Therefore, the music was tailored to our tastes and not some premade mix. I believe you get what you pay for and they were worth every penny.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Trisha · Married on 10/01/2011

My husband and I hired Okyne Medialab for our wedding in the fall. We had met other DJ's and didn't feel like they understood what we wanted. That was definately was not a problem when I met with Al. He seemed to understand exactly what kind of music we wanted to hear and started playing examples on his laptop right away. He and Stacy were on top of everything and stayed in contact all the way up to our wedding. We were assigned DJ Jimmy and couldn't have been happier. He followed our online planning form to perfection and had our dance floor packed all night long. We received several compliments from our guests on how fun the music was to dance to. If you want a DJ you can count on to make your planning stress free and deliver results, this is it.

Sent on 12/29/2011

Jen · Married on 10/01/2011

AL is the best DJ we could have asked for! He and his wife Stacy are incredible to work with through the whole process. We had the dance floor packed all night :) We have been to several weddings now with Okyne DJ'ing and they are perfect whether you are a guest or the bride and groom! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2011

The 5-Star reviews don't lie! The best decision we made for our wedding - couldn't be happier that we found Okyne! Al and Stacy were fabulous and such a joy to work with! They did our ceremony music as well...the planning forms they have online couldn't have been easier - especially for a detail freak like myself! My husband and I are totally the "we can't stand wedding dj's" people and Okyne couldn't have been on our same page any more! FABULOUS! DJ Alan kept the music rocking all night and even showed up some of our guests with his break dancing talents - one of the highlights of the night! We have received so many comments that we had the best DJ ever - thanks ALAN & Okyne!

Sent on 10/06/2011

Neil · Married on 09/24/2011

We had a fantastic time at our wedding!! Matt was absolutely wonderful and we could not have asked for more from a DJ. He far exceeded our expectations in every aspect. He was so helpful and kept checking in with us to make sure things were going as planned and to offer assistance with anything else that we needed. He was also incredibly professional and thorough in getting everyone's names correct and keeping our large wedding party organized (so we could just relax and enjoy!). We will certainly be recommending Okyne to anyone who needs a DJ.

Sent on 10/19/2011

Cindy · Married on 09/24/2011

I used Okyne Medialab for my Sept 2011 wedding. I met with Al Okyne twice and emailed with his wife, Stacy, a handful of times over a course of a few months before the wedding. They were FANTASTIC! Al is super personable -- the kind of guy that could sell ice to an Eskimo (or whatever the saying is), but not in a sleazy salesman way. He's more the kind of guy you want to immediately befriend and have beers with, and someone that you trust ... with your wedding.

They had a great package for weddings, one (very reasonable) price for unlimited time. It was so much easier than having to navigate different levels of service, which got dizzying when trying to compare other DJs. Okyne also offers other services like uplighting, ceremony music, video montage, etc. Al does a great job of letting you know what's available and what he thinks makes for a great wedding but does not try to up-sell you or pressure you into spending unnecessary money.

While I never met Stacy directly, she was the main point of contact (via emails). It was really nice to have someone that followed up on emails, sent reminders, and was responsive whenever I had questions, big or small. Her emails were always professional and personal ... I never felt like I was getting a form letter. She really seemed genuinely happy to help.

My DJ was Drew and he was as amazing as Al and Stacy. He was a perfect wedding DJ -- meaning he knew how to emcee the event, he knew how to work the dance floor, and he was professional, courteous, and fun. I didn't have a day-of planner so there wasn't anyone in charge of the master schedule per se. I feel like despite this fact Drew, along with my caterer and venue contact, really helped move the evening along. I even had a short cultural ceremony during my reception that required, at last minute, for a CD to be played, the lights to be turned on, etc, and to my knowledge, Drew was super helpful in completing those tasks. So accommodating and flexible!

I honestly couldn't have made a better choice for a DJ. I have no complaints at all. Not even some nit-picky detail. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. Also, I happen to know Okyne Medialab was (coincidentally) the DJ at two other friends' weddings right around mine and both of those couples were as pleased as I was.

If you're looking for a DJ, at the very least, meet with Al. I guarantee he'll have your business before the end of the meeting and that you won't be sorry!

[Note: I found my vendors through online recommendations so I am posting the same review for each of my vendors on the sites I used. Perhaps it's a bit lazy to just copy-and-paste, but I wanted to make sure I covered my bases ... Just wanted to point this out so no one thought it was a scam or fake. Cheers!]

Sent on 11/10/2011

Mitch · Married on 09/04/2011

Being slight music snobs, my wife, Alison, and I took choosing a DJ for our wedding very seriously. We both have very powerful connections to music and knew the DJ could either make or break the mood. I was honestly a bit skeptical we could find the perfect DJ. Then we met Al. Within 5 minutes, we were 100% put at ease. He had the answers before we could ask the questions (and we had a lot of questions). And from talking with us, he knew what we wanted and explained his plan for making it happen. Oknye Medialab has a very intuitive and rich online music selection tool that made requesting music a cinch. But the best part was we knew we could give Al the freedom to go outside our selects and put together an incredible playlist. He did. Throughout the night, the compliments regarding the music did not stop. Everyone had a blast and the dancefloor was quite the popular place to be - thanks to Al.

But I have to say, as awesome as the music was, his service was equally impressive. From making sure the lighting was perfect to helping us coordinate the speeches, Al was a true professional and a joy to have at the event.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2011

Okyne Medialab was truly a pleasure to work with! From our first meeting with Al, I knew that Okyne Medialab would be the DJ for our wedding. Working with Al, and Stacy was such a breeze. They were very professional, prompt and listened to what we told them. We also recieved Matt as our DJ and OMG was he amazing. Without Matt, our ceremony and reception would have been rough and not as fun. We recieved so many compliments on the song selections and the dancing that occurred at the reception, in fact 3 people told me that it was truly the most fun reception they have ever been to! Matt, knew exactly what to do and when to do it and we thank Matt and the rest of Okyne Media Lab for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 09/07/2011

Jill · Married on 09/03/2011

I can't say enough great things about okyne media lab! Our dj johnathan was amazing. Not only did he keep the dance floor packed, he was very personable and you could tell it was very important to him that our guests were having a good time, he was not just there to work. He checked in with us several times throughout the night to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. We really appreciate the professionalism from Johnathan and okyne media lab, and would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2011

Thank you so much Stacy, Al and Okyne Medialab for all you have done for Brian and I on our September 3, 2011 wedding and throughout the entire planning process. Thank you for your support and helping us to feel relaxed and assured. You BOTH have been more than professional … rather like friends. One of our BEST decisions we made in our wedding hiring, was the day we hired you. It is three weeks after our wedding and we are STILL receiving daily compliments and kudos for how great our DJ and entertainment was and how great the music selections were. The dance floor rocked for hours and that was the first wedding we’ve ever attended where ALL of the guests danced non-stop throughout the entire evening and even requested an encore for the DJ to stay one more song after the night was over. (BTW thank you for doing that!) Brian and I sincerely appreciate everything you have done for us. We are so glad we paid extra to retain Al exclusively as our DJ. It was well worth the additional fee. Al is classy, sharp, witty, hip, fun and elegant all mixed in one. You can’t ask for a better person to set the stage for your wedding night. You brought our vision to reality. In addition to serving as ongoing references, if there is anything that we can do for you aside from promoting the heck out of Okyne Medialab through word of mouth, please say the word. For anyone considering having the BEST entertainment for their Chicago events, Al Okyne and his incredible staff is your answer! Look no further!!!!!!

Cheers and thank you … from the bottom of our hearts, Nicole and Brian Frain

Sent on 09/20/2011

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2011

OKyne was very responsive, rarely an hour went by before an email was answered. They were very tech saavy too! They kept the night flowing and kept everyone on the dance floor! Erich was very nice and did a great job! I would highly recommend them for your event!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Caitlin · Married on 08/28/2011

I was beyond pleased with the service Okyne Medialab provided for our wedding. To me, the DJ and music were one of the most important parts of my wedding. I wanted the dance floor to be packed all night and that's exactly how it turned out.

Okyne Medialab was great to work with from our first meeting with Al to follow up after the wedding. When we first met with Al, my husband and I walked away knowing we would pick them to provide our DJ service. Al is very professional and personable. He explains their process in depth and really listened to what we were looking for in a DJ. We were assigned Jonathan as our DJ and I was really pleased that he took the time to meet with us before the wedding so he really understood what we were looking for. Jonathan was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have had a better DJ. Jonathan is extremely professional, positive, personable, and did a great job keeping everything on time and in line with our detailed schedule for the reception. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night long and did a great job feeling out the vibe of our guests and what they were looking for in terms of music. Every time I stepped away from the dance floor I found myself running back because another song I couldn't miss dancing to was being played. He also dealt with all of our guests/wild family members who felt the need to step behind the DJ booth or grab the microphone for an impromptu toast/speech in a very calm and professional manner. Several of our guests came up to me during the wedding or after with compliments about the music. Okyne Medialab is definitely not your typical wedding DJ company, so if you're looking to blow your guests away with great music from start to finish then I would suggest working with Okyne.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Erika · Married on 08/27/2011

5 out 5! They were amazing from begging to end. I loved how up to date with technology, music and general industry knowledge they were. Highly recommended if you like to dance and have fun!

Sent on 09/02/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2011

We chose Okyne Medialab for our August 27th wedding and they were AMAZING! From start to finish they were hands-down the best, and easiest, wedding vendor we worked with. They have a great online planning tool and go out of their way to answer any questions you may have throughout the planning process. Al even scheduled a Skype meeting with my then fiancé and I as we were planning the wedding from PA.

When the big day arrived, DJ Matt kept people young and old on the dance floor all night (which is exactly what we wanted) - people can't stop talking about how great the music was! Matt even went so far as to work with our on-site coordinator to make sure we stayed on schedule throughout dinner - I know this wouldn't have happened without him there!

I would recommend Okyne Medialab (and DJ Matt) to anyone looking for a DJ for any type of event without hesitation and would use them in the future for any event of my own!

Sent on 10/04/2011