Okyne Medialab, Inc. Reviews

279 | Chicago, IL

279 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

1 User photo

Okyne Medialab, Inc. 1

Roseanna · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Okyne Medialab. They are a completely professional and polished DJ service - everything from their online tools to their email reminders regarding upcoming tasks to their scheduled meetings leading into the wedding day made us comfortable that they were on the ball and would be ready for our wedding day. After speaking with Al in interviewing DJ companies for the wedding, we decided to specifically request Al as our DJ rather than be paired with another DJ at Okyne Medialab. While the reviews for all of the DJs are Okyne are very strong, we liked Al's style and professionalism, and felt he would be the best fit for our wedding. We wanted a DJ whose musical style fit with ours so he could hopefully enjoy the music himself as the night wore on, and someone who would be able to keep the night moving smoothly and keep the guests dancing without being too intrusive. Al definitely fit that description.

After speaking with him again in the weeks leading into our wedding, we felt comfortable that he knew what we expected and wanted, and Al was definitely able to deliver. None of the music on our "no play" list was played, our top requests were played during the night, and guests of all ages were on the dance floor until the last song played. Al played a fantastic range of music and was able to read the crowd well through out the night. I would absolutely recommend Okyne Medialabk - and especially Al - to anyone looking for a polished and engaging DJ service that is able to keep the night running smoothly and create a fun atmosphere without being cheesy or intrusive. Thanks again to Okyne Medialab for your work in making our wedding a fantastic affair!

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2013

Our wedding was on July 20, 2013 and we had Al as our DJ. All we can say is that Al did an amazing job! He came to our wedding well organized and prepared, and he even catered to our last minute changes. To top it off, everyone was on the dance floor all night. Not only did we receive compliments that night, but our guests are still raving about him. We can’t wait until we can have another event for him to dj. We want to thank DJ Al and his whole staff for making our day stress free and a night we will never forget.

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2013

We loved that they weren't the traditional DJ company for weddings. We asked for no dances like chicken dance or YMCA, and it never played! DJ Alan was a blast and even played some songs we didn't think of but absolutely loved! The best part was when he did a windmill after his set was over! Love seeing the DJ get into what he does! Also the online forms were easy to use and made the wedding day go as planned! Thanks!

Katie · Married on 07/13/2013

Working with O'Kyne was wonderful! All of the staff that we worked with was responsive, and they were able to see our vision for our wedding. DJ Jonathon was the best! We are still getting compliments about how fun our reception was :-).

Jaclyn · Married on 07/06/2013

We had our wedding at Hotel 71 and were lucky enough to have Jonathan as our DJ. He arrived early and made sure we had all the material we needed. He even edited and cut down a song for us to make it more "wedding friendly". I had so many compliments from family and friends on how fantastic the music was. People were dancing non stop! If I didn't stop at midnight they would have been dancing forever! Again, as I was planning overseas, Al and Stacy were so accommodating to Skype with me outside business hours because of the vast time difference. Thanks to everyone at Okynemedialab for making our day fun and full of energy!

Stacie · Married on 07/06/2013

Music was really important to us. We could not have been happier with our DJ. Phenomenal.

• User3361911 · 2+ years ago

We loved Dj Erich and Okyne Medialab! We left it up to Erich to play the right wedding music and he did. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had a great time!

Judy · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I booked with OML for our wedding on June 8th, 2013 and OML did a PHENOMENAL job for us – we couldn’t have been more pleased!

We met with Al (the owner) and we knew right on the spot that we wanted to book with them. Al was so professional, articulate, organized, passionate about his business, and just an overall cool kind of guy. He explained everything to us and how his company sets itself apart from typical wedding DJs. He answered all of our questions and then let us listen to a sample of some songs that an upcoming wedding had chosen --- we heard the way the songs mixed and faded and all of that other cool, hip DJ lingo that I know nothing about… my husband and I wanted to crash that upcoming wedding because it sounded like it was going to be so much fun! We booked with them on the spot!! I then corresponded with Stacy (Al’s lovely wife and business partner) via email a bit over the next several months. She answered any questions I had and guided me through the process. Stacy was incredibly organized and responsive, professional yet friendly. DJ Dan was the DJ chosen for our wedding. We COULD NOT have asked for anything more – he was amazing! I actually called him a few days before with a silly question and he was very professional and calming and put me at ease with whatever silly thing I was worried about. The night went so smoothly thanks to his expertise in guiding the flow of the night. Some of our guests were saying how sore they were during the days after the wedding from how much dancing everyone was doing. DJ Dan was easy going, organized, punctual, dependable, AMAZINGLY TALENTED, and super fun. We were beyond pleased with the OML experience and I would tell any bride and groom or whoever looking for a fun DJ company that they are OUT OF THEIR MINDS if they choose anyone but Okyne Medialab!

Jana · Married on 05/26/2013

We just wanted to send a message to OML to thank you for the WONDERFUL wedding!! Al & Stacy, you went above and beyond to make our wedding night absolutely perfect. You were so easy to work with and it was so much fun getting together for meetings. Thanks for being flexible and understanding that things come up and rescheduling happens...and you always made it happen. We appreciate your patience and flexibility through the planning process. Your online tools made everything easy and it really helped us. Al & Stacy, you are an amazing duo and you really do have a great company. By far...the BEST decision of our wedding. Thank you for everything you did and for being just as excited as we were. We had DJ Dan for the night and we want to send him a HUGE thank you! He was so nice and friendly and just fit right into our group. He was organized and kept things running smoothly all night. Even when we couldn't find our best man 5 minutes before introductions, DJ Dan kept calm, helped keep me calm, and made sure everyone else was ready to go and made sure to keep things running on time. He not only kept one dance floor packed...but he had TWO dance floors packed the whole night. It was amazing to see everyone up and dancing! We have gotten so many compliments on how wonderful the wedding was and we owe it all to OML!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day the best day of our lives. You really made everything easy, fun, and memorable. Thank you for your enthusiasm and excitement throughout this whole process.

Corinne · Married on 04/21/2013

Okyne Media Lab was a great value and totally professional. They met with us in person once and as a conference call once prior to our wedding. They walked us through everything. Our dj was Eric. He was warm and friendly without being intrusive. He coordinated everything and his timing was great. Many people pressured me to use a live band but I have zero regrets. I would have spent much more money but it couldn't have been any better than it was.

Corinne and Mitch

Ashley · Married on 01/05/2013

We are so happy that we chose Al and the Okyne team for our wedding reception! Everyone including our grandparents and flower girls danced all night and Al did an amazing job of playing our favorite music. The Okyne team made it so easy for us during the planning process and the Online Portal was a great way for us to organize our music and event timeline. Stacy was very responsive to all of our questions and accommodated our requests. Thank you, Al! You made our wedding a success!

We went through Okyne Medialab for our wedding DJ services and we were extremely happy. We had a combined Mexican/American wedding, involving alternating the DJ with a Mexican live band. Our DJ from Okyne, Jesse, was super flexible and also very helpful. He totally made it a smooth transition back and forth between DJ and Band. He kept the dance floor packed all evening. He did a nice job of checking in with us to make sure things were going well. We would definitely recommend him! We chose Okyne in the first place because of a wedding we went to a few years ago that was DJ'd by Okyne and they did an awesome job then as well.

• F

Fred · Married on 12/08/2012

Al was great. Dance floor was full from 9pm until 1am. He kept things hopping all night.

Morgan · Married on 12/08/2012

The best choice you can make in your wedding planning process is to hire Okyne Medialab! The whole team is great to work with and Al had people on the dance floor the entire night. People of all ages were on the dance floor from start to finish and there was never a dull moment. Loved the vibe the entire night! Stacy and Al were both great to work with leading up to the wedding and their online tools were very helpful for a timeline and picking out what we wanted to hear and what was not to be played. Couldn't have been more pleased with their services.

Our DJ was DJ Matt and he was simply awesome! He checked with us several times through out the night to make sure everything was going the way we wanted, I really don't think the wedding would have ran so smoothly with a different company. Everyone was dancing all night and having a great time!

Peggy · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I cannot say enough great stuff about Okyne Medialab. In particular our DJ, Randall, was excpetional!!! From the minute we walked into our reception, to the minute we left for the night he was at our service. Not only from a music/DJ perspective, but for any other items we needed (ie, drinks, communicating with the banquet staff for us, you name it he was on it). The dance floor was packed all night and no one wanted the night to end. We highly recommend Randall!

A&P · Married on 10/20/2012

If you're interested in booking a DJ that is not only above and beyond professional but also ridiculously talented, then Okyne is for you. It has been months since we had our wedding and we still receive the compliment, "I don't know how you did it, but that party was amazing." We'll tell you how we did it, Okyne. Their system is simple, read the crowd, make sure they're enjoying themselves. Make sure people remember your wedding for what it should be, a complete and unadulterated celebration. Thank you Al, Stacy and Matthew for making our day something that we can very proudly talk about.
    Doesn't matter who you're currently thinking about working with, drop them and go with Okyne. It will make your day as stellar as ours. We will (and already have) recommended Okyne to our friends.

Jackie · Married on 10/13/2012

Simply PERFECT! Okyne Media made our night so flawless and easy. Our DJ was at our side making sure we were happy-he even made sure we were good with drinks-something not even our venue asked. I have heard nothing but amazing things from my guests about Okyne and the music our DJ played. Stacey, who was our contact through the whole process, was very quick with responses and our overall experience with them was top notch. Thanks Okyne for keeping my guests happy & dancing and for making my husband and I glad we picked you!

amy · Married on 10/13/2012

Loved them!!! The online tools were easy and so helpful. DJ Dan was fantastic and so very helpful. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a great DJ

Theresa · Married on 10/13/2012

DJ Alan was an absolutely fantastic DJ! I couldn't have asked for anyone better for our wedding! I received several compliments on the music and I honestly don't think there was a single song that no one danced to!

We have been extremely happy with Okyne's services. They have been an absolute pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend them!!

Rory · Married on 09/29/2012

The entire team at Okyne Media Lab was fantastic. From the beginning of the planning stage, the provided us with the guidance we needed and great online tools to use to help make everything easy.

But most importantly, DJ Jonathan REALLY knew his business. He took our direction, which gave the entire evening a very “us” feel. He also knew how to play to the crowd without letting the music selections become too generic. Also – for anyone who has been to a wedding recently (I have been to several in which this was the case), DJs sometimes have the tendency to play the wrong items during key moments; first dance, introductions, etc. DJ Jonathan not only got everything exactly right, but also came over to give us a few minutes notice before each event (cake cutting, first dance, toasts). This ensured that the reception flowed smoothly – which is so critically important in allowing the bride and groom to relax and enjoy themselves.

In addition to the cocktail hour/reception music package, we also used the uplighting, which gave the space a very warm, romantic glow. It also looked great in our pictures!

Overall, it was a complete pleasure to work with Okyne from beginning to end.

April · Married on 09/23/2012

Absolutely perfect work, this group went above and beyond customer service. The highlight of this group is that they are 100% on top of their game, both understanding music and being professional.
    Finding a DJ was the part my husband and I dreaded the most for wedding planning, because we both were completely out of our comfort zone. We were both worried we would pick the wrong type of music and the dance floor would be dead. Neither of us wanted that failure over our heads, lol, so finding a DJ got pushed back to the last of last things to do.
    Through the hotel, we got a reference for Okyne, and we were so relieved when we started correspondences. Stacy was prompt, polite, and patient with us. We got our package picked out, contract signed, and started work! One great thing about Okyne is their online planning website. You can make payments, along with plan your wedding songs through their site. This was perfect for us, having to plan a wedding from the other side of the world.
    Once we got back to the states, Stacy set up a meeting for us (she even worked with our time limitations, so nice!), and we met with Al, the owner of Okyne. Adam and I were completely out of our comfort zone with planning times, line ups, ect. But Al was so patient with us, and helped us step by step (even the stuff we should of had prepared before hand). We are soo grateful that he was understanding and helpful in our lacking area. After the meeting he told us our DJ would call us the next day to touch base, which he did, and we were all set for the big day.
    Our DJ the day of was Matt, and his service was top-notch. He made sure to check with name pronunciations, timings, everything. He would always give us a heads up before we needed to do anything (cake cutting, first dance, bouquet/garter toss), which is immensely appreciated. He even had mics for my husband during his Beatie Boys rapping and my impromptu Journey singing. Couldn't of been happier with how everything worked out!

DJ Jonathan is AMAZING! Jonathan was the DJ for our wedding on September 22nd, he was very organized and got the party pumping! Best of all he is an Irishmen truly fitting for our Irish family!! Okyne was great to work with from start to finish. Stacy answered all of our questions and was incredibly receptive and quick to get back to us. I met Al in person and then again when we went over all the details on Skype. He was easy to talk to, totally understood our different loves for music and made everything flawless! We would seriously recommend Okyne Medialab to anyone, they all were truly a joy to work with and made our amazing day even better!

Tara · Married on 09/15/2012

AMAZING! Only word to describe the great job DJ Matt did and the whole Okyne Media Lab Team. DJ Matt was awesome, making sure the dance floorw as packed the whole night and also recommending a great version of the Horah that everyone loved! He made sure we were happy with everything the whole night long and everyone commented on what a great DJ we had! And while DJ Matt was incredible, not enough good things can be said about the whole Okyne Media Lab team. Al and Stacy are amazing! Al walks you through every detail of your night and makes sure they capture the feeling you want. He has great recommendations when you get stuck trying to find the song and is always available should you have any questions. Same with Stacy, she got back to me wiithin minutes of any emails I sent and was always so helpful! Their DJ package is such a great value and includes everything you need. In addition,their online website tool makes planning out your reception so easy! I thought at first I would be overwhelmed by the process of picking the "perfect songs", but they truly know how to make everything be a piece of cake! There is no other DJ company like them! DJ Matt, you rocked and Okyne Team, you were all amazing!

I booked Okyne Medialab for our wedding a few weeks ago and Al was awesome! We knew we wanted a DJ right away instead of a band because we wanted to hear our favorite songs and we wanted everyone to dance the night away. We met with Al (the owner) and he was so accommodating and friendly. After talking to him we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding. He blended the songs together so there was never a dull moment. He kept our guests bumping to the very last song. Thanks Okyne! We'll see you in 25 years for our anniversary party ;)

We also had blue uplighting in our room. I thought it was an expense we could go without- they're just lights.... but they brought color to the room and gave the room a good vibe for the dancing. I'm so glad we got them. It was a really nice touch that made the entire experience that much better!