Okyne Medialab Reviews

293 Reviews for Okyne Medialab

Okyne Medialab 1
Okyne Medialab 2

Michael · Married on 01/04/2014

DJ Matt of Okyne Media Lab was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. We had a reception only at Belvedere Banquets and Events in Elk Grove Village on 1/4/14. Matt went above and beyond what we could have ever asked for from a DJ. He MC'ed, DJ'ed, made sure everything was going smooth, checked on us to see if we needed anything while eating. He just made sure that we were taken care of from start to finish. We made sure to let him know in one of our phone calls that we wanted EVERYONE to be up and dancing, so he made sure to play an eclectic mix of oldies, new stuff, rock, r&B, dance, everything. We were complimented on our DJ choice all night!

What I'm trying to say is that Matt is a true professional, from introductions to last dance. We'll be recommending him to every couple we know. Great job DJ Matt!!!

Mike

Sent on 01/05/2014

Eva · Married on 11/29/2013

We were so happy with the professionalism and quick response to any questions and concerns. Our lighting was set up beautifully, the dinner music was just what we wanted and exactly what we requested for the dancing was above and beyond our expectations! The guests didn't leave the dance floor once DJ Dan started! We will definitely book again and tell everyone Okyne is THE BEST!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Trea · Married on 11/09/2013

The music was very important to my husband and I, especially during our reception. We wanted people to have fun. We wanted a celebration...one that everyone would enjoy. We had a consultation with Al of Okyne Media and we were very specific about wanting a DJ who could "read the floor." You know when the DJ plays a dud, everyone leaves the floor, but he just keeps playing that lame song? Yea, we did NOT want that. We wanted a DJ who could keep our dance floor packed. We thought we were being picky and asking for the world, but Okyne Media delivered! We had the pleasure of having Randall DJ our wedding / reception and he was PERFECT! I had a very classy jazz/"rat pack" theme during the beginning of the reception and throughout the dinner, but once it was time to hit the dance floor, Randall performed a seamless, natural transition to more current dance songs (people of all ages are still telling us how much fun our reception was). I definitely recommend Okyne Media (especially Randall) because of their ability to listen to what you want and make it happen in the best way possible.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Juan · Married on 10/19/2013

Before our wedding we had high expectations for our DJ and DJ Dan met all our expectations and more!!!. He was right on time even before the reception place was setup. He communicate with us really well letting us know what to expect in the next 30 minutes. Then the music came which it was amazing, he mixed all the music that we asked without any problems. DJ Dan was great, everyone was dancing until the last song, they even request an extra song. I will recommend Okyne and DJ Dan to everyone. Great company, very professional and great DJs.

Juan

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

If we could give more than 5 stars to Okyne, we would!

Okyne made the wedding planning process and wedding day itself smooth and perfect. Al and Stacy are easy-going, considerate, and professional.

My husband and I couldn't be happier with DJ Matt's amazing musical talent. His piano pieces during our ceremony brought us to tears. The songs we chose were so important to us, and he nailed them. Also, we've gotten so many compliments about the reception music...even my Grandma had a fantastic time dancing. :) Matt went above and beyond to check in with us throughout the night. He made sure the entire event ran smoothly. We continue to get compliments from our family and friends on our wedding music, and the overall feel of the wedding.

Thank you so much, Okyne! If we could do it all over again, we would.

Sent on 11/08/2013

amber · Married on 10/19/2013

I have had the pleasure of working with this amazing company for corporate functions and they have been FLAWLESS. So naturally when I was planning my wedding I could not wait to book Okyne. The whole process from the first meeting was amazing. I didnt even need to convince my fiance he was just as excited to have them as I was. They were the only vendor that I never had to worry about through the whole wedding planning process. Al and Stacy are beyond words fantastic and make the planning and organizing a breeze. I went into the wedding day not thinking I could feel any better about this company... I WAS WRONG!!! DJ Erich was soooooooooooooo amazingggggggggggggg! From following the flow we wanted, to making friends with all of our guests, to checking with my before he played a country request from a guest because he knew I hated country (!!!!!) I would not have changed a thing. I would recommend them to everyone! Your DJ is the one who essentially keeps the whole reception on track and going and for lack of better words Erich was like a 2nd maid of honor- he was so helpful with everything!!! THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE OKYNE TEAM!!! There is a reason you guys have such an amazing reputation!

Amber and Christopher Wirkus

Sent on 11/13/2013

Michael · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say enough nice things about my experience with Okyne Medialabs.

For starters, my wedding was logistically difficult as we were planning from the wedding from overseas. Stacy, Al, and our DJ Jonathan were incredibly accommodating through the entire process.

Since I hadn't even seen my venue till 5 days before my wedding, they were able to make a number of last minute changes and, I feel, really went above and beyond my expectations as they made every effort to make our wedding day amazing.
    Thank you again Okyne!

Sent on 01/07/2014
  • Tiffini

Tiffini · Married on 09/28/2013

My experience with Okyne Medialab was amazing! I lived out of state and was not able to meet in person and they had no problem with working with me via Skype. Al was great and very personable the first time we talked and I knew immediately that his company was the one we wanted to go with. Stacy was also great with returning my many emails very quickly. Their online planning tools are great and very easy to use. You get to pick all of your own music which allowed me to be as involved, or uninvolved as I wanted to be.

As far as for the big day we had DJ Jonathon and I seriously loved him. He was perfect. Everything went so smooth I didn't have to worry about anything at all. He changed my uplighting colors without any problem and did a great job with the ceremony music. I was a little worried about that since we got married in a church but it turned out wonderful. Jonathon kept checking with me to make sure everything was to my liking throughout the night and always checked with me before doing anything (first dance, cake cutting). We also were getting a lot of strange music requests and he checked with me before just playing anything. He was phenomenal and I was highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Cristy · Married on 09/28/2013

Working with Okyne from start to finish was a world class experience. After discovering Okyne at a wedding more than a year ago, I knew this was the company/DJ that had to be at our wedding. From the very first Skype meeting with Al we knew we were in good hands. The big difference maker for us was the fact that Okyne took the time to get to know us as a couple. We are very big on customer service and from the start, it was evident so is Okyne. Everything from planning, payment and execution was easy and flawless with Okyne. Which, when you are in the mix of dealing with a whole slew of different vendors, that makes a huge difference.

With regard to our DJ, Dan, there really isn't anything more to say than "he crushed it." As previously mentioned we saw Dan more than a year ago and within 20 minutes of walking into the wedding, I was at his booth asking for a card, as I knew he had to be at my upcoming wedding. Okyne fulfilled our request for Dan and we couldn't have been happier. Dan was able to incorporate all of our requested music and was able to learn our style and carry it through the event. Dan set the tone for our wedding and had the dance floor packed the entire night. He was a attentive to all of our requests (including dusting of some old Sisqo & Shaggy tracks) and made the night perfect. We have not stopped hearing rave reviews from our guests about how awesome our DJ was.

In my opinion, the DJ makes or breaks the wedding and without a doubt, Dan and the entire Okyne team, made our night. Without any hesitation I would recommend Okyne to any and everyone.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2013

Okyne Medialab is nothing less than amazing!! Hiring Al Okyne as the DJ for our wedding was the best decision!! The music mix was perfect so everyone stayed on the dance floor the entire night! Having Al as our DJ made the night so much more fun! It also led to a lot of great dance photos of our guests having fun & getting crazy on the dance floor!

I booked Al at our first meeting; I could tell he was someone I would love to work with. My fiancé could not make the first meeting so Al suggested we meet up at a later time with he & his wife so they could get a feel for our personalities & music preferences. They are such much fun & great to work with!

We used their easy online system to provide to list a handful of our favorite songs as well as some songs to avoid. It worked great because Al was able to get a feel for the types of music that we liked & what genres to play so that everyone would have the most fun & stay on the dance floor.

We trusted Al to tailor the playlist & keep everyone on the dance floor having fun! It worked perfectly. We received so many compliments from our guests!! You could tell Al was also having fun being our DJ throughout the night!

We also hired Okyne to provide the uplighting as well as a Gobo icon image projection. I was initially nervous about everyone's suggestion to use a soft amber uplight in the dining area (my colors were B&W) & I told Al, I'm so glad that I trusted them as the uplights were perfect! They provided 2 colors (dance floor area & another for the dining room area). The Gobo was an icon designed for us and they made it look fabulous! Everyone loved it!

Overall, Al & Stacy were great to work with & did a fantastic job! They went above & beyond to make sure everyone's names were pronounced correct, they understood our music preferences, & that everyone had a blast at our wedding reception! I would hire them for any DJ needs & have referred my friends to them already! They deserve 10*

Sent on 12/17/2013

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2013

Okyne Medialab was 5-star quality from the time we requested information through our wedding day. Stacy was extremely responsive to all of our questions and flexible in accommodating our appointment requests, especially since we were planning our wedding remotely. She provided all of the necessary details instrumental towards our decision-making.

As soon as we met Al in person, we knew he'd be the perfect fit for our music needs for our wedding. Al has a fantastic personality, is very knowledgeable and professional, and helped us develop a great rapport with him from our initial meeting. Al was early/on-time for all of our appointments and on the day of, and asked very thorough questions about our venue logistics since it was a new venue for him.

We love how progressive Okyne is with using technology to manage our profile, timeline, song lists. We also hired Al to provide music for our ceremony; after only speaking with him for about 30 minutes during our venue walk-through, the timing and coordination of every ceremony song was perfect during the ceremony itself.

They were very accommodating in enabling us to choose a playlist for our dinner music and adhered to our request for no song requests from our guests. As a result, Al helped create a perfect playlist that kept our guests on the dance floor throughout the night.

It a big help to us that Al has extensive experience, especially working with our other vendors such as photographer and planner. It also helped greatly that Al was more than willing to offer his services for no additional charge for another 30 minutes since our reception fell behind schedule.

Overall, we highly recommend Al & Stacy Okyne for any couple seeking first-class DJ service for their upcoming wedding. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Kara · Married on 09/14/2013

Okyne Media Lab was a wonderful source of entertainment for our wedding. We really could not have been more pleased with their services - from beginning to end. Our wedding night went off without a hitch, and was everything we had imagined (and more), which, is in large part due to their professionalism, promptness, attention to detail, charisma, creativity, personality and the passion they have for what they do.

Al Okyne was FANTASTIC and truly made both our experience, and our guests' experience, a special one. He played all of the right songs at exactly the right moments, and kept the dance floor full until 1am - which, is quite an accomplishment, considering we had more than 300 guests at varying ages in attendance! Al was also an amazing MC with a "contagious energy" - keeping the night on track and flowing at an absolutely PERFECT pace. He even brought along a live sax player (per our last minute request) to play along with his sets throughout the night; it was quite a hit! My husband and I really could not be happier with our decision to hire Al for our reception, and would do so again in a heartbeat.

We received an endless number of compliments specifically pertaining to the music / our DJ, and already have requests for Al's contact information from guests who are currently planning their own weddings, which, again, shows just how amazing he was.

Choosing your DJ is one of the most important things you will do in the wedding planning process, as the DJ really does control and lead the vast majority of the night. He / she sets the tone for your guests, and for you.

If you're a Type A perfectionist who not only personally loves to dance until the sun comes up, but who also wants everyone around her / him to, with permanent smiles on their faces, dance until the sun comes up, Okyne Media Lab is the company for you! I PROMISE, you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 09/25/2013

I found Okyne Medialab through the most logical method a future groom assigned the task of securing a DJ would – Internet searching and reading reviews. It’s because of those reviews that we ended up hiring Okyne to DJ our wedding, and I feel the need to add my own review to help promote their services. I can testify that they are as advertised on their website. A few short emails, two skype calls, and a conversation with our DJ was all it took. These people are professional, so it was refreshing that with a thousand things to plan for a wedding, this was very efficient. It was also nice to know what the all inclusive price was up front, that made it easy to determine if they were within our budget (with no hidden add-ons) – for what they provided my wife and I thought their price was more than reasonable. Our DJ was Jonathan, if you are lucky enough to get him you’ll have a worry free event for sure (not to take anything away from the other DJ’s but I can only speak about Jonathan). Al and Stacy were also very easy and friendly to work with. I would recommend Okyne Medialab to anyone looking for a DJ service with a fresh style.

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 08/23/2013

DJ Dan kept my guest dancing all night! He was dressed formal and really stuck to the wedding timeline! I am extremely pleased with the service and the ease of their online tools.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Roseanna · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Okyne Medialab. They are a completely professional and polished DJ service - everything from their online tools to their email reminders regarding upcoming tasks to their scheduled meetings leading into the wedding day made us comfortable that they were on the ball and would be ready for our wedding day. After speaking with Al in interviewing DJ companies for the wedding, we decided to specifically request Al as our DJ rather than be paired with another DJ at Okyne Medialab. While the reviews for all of the DJs are Okyne are very strong, we liked Al's style and professionalism, and felt he would be the best fit for our wedding. We wanted a DJ whose musical style fit with ours so he could hopefully enjoy the music himself as the night wore on, and someone who would be able to keep the night moving smoothly and keep the guests dancing without being too intrusive. Al definitely fit that description.

After speaking with him again in the weeks leading into our wedding, we felt comfortable that he knew what we expected and wanted, and Al was definitely able to deliver. None of the music on our "no play" list was played, our top requests were played during the night, and guests of all ages were on the dance floor until the last song played. Al played a fantastic range of music and was able to read the crowd well through out the night. I would absolutely recommend Okyne Medialabk - and especially Al - to anyone looking for a polished and engaging DJ service that is able to keep the night running smoothly and create a fun atmosphere without being cheesy or intrusive. Thanks again to Okyne Medialab for your work in making our wedding a fantastic affair!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2013

Our wedding was on July 20, 2013 and we had Al as our DJ. All we can say is that Al did an amazing job! He came to our wedding well organized and prepared, and he even catered to our last minute changes. To top it off, everyone was on the dance floor all night. Not only did we receive compliments that night, but our guests are still raving about him. We can’t wait until we can have another event for him to dj. We want to thank DJ Al and his whole staff for making our day stress free and a night we will never forget.

Sent on 08/06/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2013

We loved that they weren't the traditional DJ company for weddings. We asked for no dances like chicken dance or YMCA, and it never played! DJ Alan was a blast and even played some songs we didn't think of but absolutely loved! The best part was when he did a windmill after his set was over! Love seeing the DJ get into what he does! Also the online forms were easy to use and made the wedding day go as planned! Thanks!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Katie · Married on 07/13/2013

Working with O'Kyne was wonderful! All of the staff that we worked with was responsive, and they were able to see our vision for our wedding. DJ Jonathon was the best! We are still getting compliments about how fun our reception was :-).

Sent on 08/12/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 07/06/2013

We had our wedding at Hotel 71 and were lucky enough to have Jonathan as our DJ. He arrived early and made sure we had all the material we needed. He even edited and cut down a song for us to make it more "wedding friendly". I had so many compliments from family and friends on how fantastic the music was. People were dancing non stop! If I didn't stop at midnight they would have been dancing forever! Again, as I was planning overseas, Al and Stacy were so accommodating to Skype with me outside business hours because of the vast time difference. Thanks to everyone at Okynemedialab for making our day fun and full of energy!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Stacie · Married on 07/06/2013

Music was really important to us. We could not have been happier with our DJ. Phenomenal.

Sent on 07/24/2013
  • User3361911 · 2+ years ago

We loved Dj Erich and Okyne Medialab! We left it up to Erich to play the right wedding music and he did. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 06/30/2013

Judy · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I booked with OML for our wedding on June 8th, 2013 and OML did a PHENOMENAL job for us – we couldn’t have been more pleased!

We met with Al (the owner) and we knew right on the spot that we wanted to book with them. Al was so professional, articulate, organized, passionate about his business, and just an overall cool kind of guy. He explained everything to us and how his company sets itself apart from typical wedding DJs. He answered all of our questions and then let us listen to a sample of some songs that an upcoming wedding had chosen --- we heard the way the songs mixed and faded and all of that other cool, hip DJ lingo that I know nothing about… my husband and I wanted to crash that upcoming wedding because it sounded like it was going to be so much fun! We booked with them on the spot!! I then corresponded with Stacy (Al’s lovely wife and business partner) via email a bit over the next several months. She answered any questions I had and guided me through the process. Stacy was incredibly organized and responsive, professional yet friendly. DJ Dan was the DJ chosen for our wedding. We COULD NOT have asked for anything more – he was amazing! I actually called him a few days before with a silly question and he was very professional and calming and put me at ease with whatever silly thing I was worried about. The night went so smoothly thanks to his expertise in guiding the flow of the night. Some of our guests were saying how sore they were during the days after the wedding from how much dancing everyone was doing. DJ Dan was easy going, organized, punctual, dependable, AMAZINGLY TALENTED, and super fun. We were beyond pleased with the OML experience and I would tell any bride and groom or whoever looking for a fun DJ company that they are OUT OF THEIR MINDS if they choose anyone but Okyne Medialab!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jana · Married on 05/26/2013

We just wanted to send a message to OML to thank you for the WONDERFUL wedding!! Al & Stacy, you went above and beyond to make our wedding night absolutely perfect. You were so easy to work with and it was so much fun getting together for meetings. Thanks for being flexible and understanding that things come up and rescheduling happens...and you always made it happen. We appreciate your patience and flexibility through the planning process. Your online tools made everything easy and it really helped us. Al & Stacy, you are an amazing duo and you really do have a great company. By far...the BEST decision of our wedding. Thank you for everything you did and for being just as excited as we were. We had DJ Dan for the night and we want to send him a HUGE thank you! He was so nice and friendly and just fit right into our group. He was organized and kept things running smoothly all night. Even when we couldn't find our best man 5 minutes before introductions, DJ Dan kept calm, helped keep me calm, and made sure everyone else was ready to go and made sure to keep things running on time. He not only kept one dance floor packed...but he had TWO dance floors packed the whole night. It was amazing to see everyone up and dancing! We have gotten so many compliments on how wonderful the wedding was and we owe it all to OML!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day the best day of our lives. You really made everything easy, fun, and memorable. Thank you for your enthusiasm and excitement throughout this whole process.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Corinne · Married on 04/21/2013

Okyne Media Lab was a great value and totally professional. They met with us in person once and as a conference call once prior to our wedding. They walked us through everything. Our dj was Eric. He was warm and friendly without being intrusive. He coordinated everything and his timing was great. Many people pressured me to use a live band but I have zero regrets. I would have spent much more money but it couldn't have been any better than it was.

Corinne and Mitch

Sent on 04/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 01/05/2013

We are so happy that we chose Al and the Okyne team for our wedding reception! Everyone including our grandparents and flower girls danced all night and Al did an amazing job of playing our favorite music. The Okyne team made it so easy for us during the planning process and the Online Portal was a great way for us to organize our music and event timeline. Stacy was very responsive to all of our questions and accommodated our requests. Thank you, Al! You made our wedding a success!

Sent on 01/11/2013