Okyne Medialab Reviews

Okyne Medialab 3
Okyne Medialab 4
Okyne Medialab 5

Christina · Married on 06/06/2015

Al DJ'ed our wedding. He did an amazing job and was able to keep everyone, young and old, on the dance floor the entire night. Al was really easy to work with and helped us craft a wonderful mix of music for both our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Alison · Married on 05/30/2015

We used Okyne Medialab for our wedding DJ. We had a medium-large size wedding (final head count was 180). We have a big family that loves to have a good time! I had numerous guests come up to me during the wedding, and approach my parents in the weeks following to say how great the DJ and music was. People were on the floor all night dancing, and it was the perfect mix of all music types!

Our first encounters were with Al, the company owner, via Skype (since we were not living in the Chicago-land area). We chatted and he got a feel for what types of things we might like, our taste in music, and any other pertinent details. He then matched us up with our DJ who called a few days before the wedding--he really was the perfect fit for us. He managed the crowd, but was not overbearing, which was exactly what we asked for. We really had the best time, and the whole experience with Okney MediaLabs was easy going and stress free!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/08/2015

Matt was our DJ and he was absolutely awesome!! Not only did he play the piano during cocktail hour (which we didn't request, he saw a piano and just started playing!!!), but he kept the dance floor full until it ended at 11pm. Working with Al and Stacey to get everything set was a breeze and their online tools are very easy to use! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kyleen · Married on 11/07/2014

Okyne Media Lab is the the ONLY way to go. Al & Stacy are awesome to work with and cover every detail. As for DJ Erich, I wish I had words that would stand out over a lot of the reviews I’ve read, because I’m sure that after reading 5-star reviews, they start to sound the same. Erich was unbelievable…just amazing. He was great to work with, he kept our dance floor packed the entire time. The grandmas that I thought would be in bed by 10pm were on the dance floor for the last song. We heard from SO many people at our wedding and in the days since that they've never had more fun because of the music. We had compliments on the music played during the cocktail hour, the music during dinner, and of course the music throughout the night. He was the best DJ we would have ever hoped to have at our wedding. Thanks all around.

Sent on 02/13/2015

We all know how important the DJ is to a wedding! If you don't have a good DJ let's just say your wedding sucks, but lucky for me I went with Okyne Medialab! I'm not lying the best DJ service in Chicago. Okyne takes DJing to another level, they focus on the mood of the crowd while producing the best quality musical experience. We had DJ AL! Love him! If you want a wedding where are on the dance floor all night, you need to have DJ AL. A lot of my guests at the wedding said they couldn't even sit down, just when they thought they had the chance to get some rest, he would play another great song. People are still talking about him today! The service of Okyne is amazing! Stacy and Al the owners are there with you every step of the way from start to finish. Their state of the art client website makes choosing songs for your wedding a breeze! They are so flexible as well, I changed the bridal party entrance song right when I walked into the venue, AL had no problem with that. Matter of fact, I remember him saying it's your day and anything you need or want, you got it! That's what every bride loves to hear on her wedding day. We also purchased lighting from Okyne it was great, everything was ready to go when we got there! They have every color too! To be honest, I wish I could do my wedding day over again just to party with Okyne again! If your looking for the best town it''s Okyne! Don't look any further! Thank you Stacy & AL for such a wonderful experience and spending your time with us on our wedding day!

Mike & Jen

Sent on 11/03/2014

Daniel, our DJ, was amazing. He made the show all about the bride and groom not about him. He played all the songs the bride and groom requested and the dance floor was packed all night. Sometimes DJ's love the sound of their own voice, not Daniel. When he was announcing the bridal party, he verified the pronounciation of all the names first. My 79 year old father asked me if we gave the DJ a playlist during dinner because the music was so good. It wasn't too loud, and had a wide range of artists. I live in AZ and the bride lives in NC, so planning the wedding took extra care. I am so thankful my wedding planner recommended Okyne Medialab. It was one of the best decisions we made for a vendor! Look no farther, you have found the best company out there!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Brianna · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I had Okyne Medialab for our wedding day and we couldn't be happier with our choice. My sister used Okyne for her wedding and we were so pleased we chose to do the same.

Al Okyne was our Dj and he did an amazing job! From planning, to the night of,Okyne was so responsive and very easy to work with. They are definetely the DJ company you want for your wedding.

Al had so many great ideas for our after party, we didn't even have to plan, he did that for us! From the cocktail hour, to dinner, and to the after party the music flowed perfectly. I've never been at a wedding where the DJ kept the guests on the dance floor the entire time, except for my sisters and mine and that's directly because of Okyne.

I would reccomend this company to anyone, and especially Al, hes awesome!!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Cara · Married on 09/27/2014

THANK YOU Okyne Medialab, Inc. for keeping my dance floor packed all night! They are the best. If you're having a DJ in Chicago, these are the people you need to call. I was so nervous about finding a good DJ, and avoiding the typical cheesy wedding format. Okyne calmed my fears from our first phone call, and made me feel confident throughout our planning process. They gave me a sense that they knew what I wanted - Someone who knew how to be a great DJ while also working all the wedding logistics, without the cheese - AND THEY MORE THAN DELIVERED!! Everyone was dancing. Everyone. Any Chicago area bride should be giving Okyne Medialab a call!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Cheryl · Married on 09/20/2014

We got married on 09/20/2014 and we were lucky enough to have Al as our DJ. He was early, professional, and a lot of fun. He played so many of the songs we picked out and was so open to any requests that my wedding party had. He even worked with my father prior to the wedding to put together a suprise rap for me. Everybody we had contact with at Okyne Medialab was amazing. Al, Stacy, and the whole team helped make our wedding day flawless and easy!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Sammy · Married on 09/19/2014

WOW - where to start?

We couldn't have had a better experience with Al, Stacy and our DJ, Matt.

Al took the time to set up a call to get to know us and our needs better, walked us through their (amazing) client portal and got us all set up for our big day. Stacy promptly replied to any and all questions we had over the months leading up to our wedding. Matt essentially helped manage the entire night - coming by our table to walk us through and prepare us for the next event of the night and even made suggestions that really made the whole night come together. The best part? Matt gave our MOH a little pep talk that boosted her confidence before her speech.

Our wedding was in September and friends and family of all ages are STILL raving about the music. We didn't leave the dance floor for more than a few minutes and neither did our guests. Okyne and Matt truly made our wedding night one that we'll never forget.

You would be doing yourself a disservice NOT working with Okyne!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2014

Talk about a DJ that made our wedding rock! We had Dan as our disc jockey for the night and he absolutely rocked our wedding. When we first started planning our wedding the challenges we ran into was that our wedding was a multi-cultural and bi-lingual wedding. I am white and my husband is Mexican. Most of my husbands family only Spanish and very little English while my family only speaks English. It was awesome how Dan was able to blend both cultures and also announce stuff in both English and Spanish so all our guests knew what was going on throughout the night.

The dance floor was filled all night long and never had any complaints as to what songs were being played. There was a nice balance between music my family dances to as well as my in-laws would dance to.

It was also great to incorporate "La Vibora" last minute into our schedule and Dan was very accommodating and flexible with us. He even ordered us our drinks and brought them out to us right before the bar closed since we were not at our cocktail hour prior to dinner.

I highly recommend anyone to hire Okyne Media Labs. They are very responsive to emails and contact during the planning phases of the wedding and if you get to pick your DJ I highly recommend Dan even if it is not a bilingual party. He rocked the night!

Sent on 09/23/2014

DJ Randall was fantastic. I had a very specific vision of the ceremony music, and he was extremely communicative and adaptable--he executed everything flawlessly. At the reception, the vibe was perfect--Stacee danced nonstop (to the point that she didn't get any cake or go to the bar for a drink). The whole time he checked in and made sure everything was going well . . . and it could not have gone better. Thanks to you, Randall, and the Okyne Medialab team for supplying the perfect soundtrack for the night.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Stacy · Married on 09/12/2014

My husband and I got married on September 12th (Friday). DJ Erich was an amazing DJ. He was able to meld our musical tastes into our reception without making it too mellow. I received compliments about him from all of the age groups at the wedding even my parents' friends loved him as he incorporated my husband and my love for 80s alternative into the mix. I would recommend Okyne (Thanks to Stacy and Al!) and DJ Erich to anyone I know who really appreciates music. I have loved everything about this company from the excellent customer service to the online convenience to an incredible DJ who had my husband and I on the dance floor even though my feet were killing me. Thank you Okyne for not being a typical wedding DJ!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Mallory · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Okyne Medialab and DJ Dan for our wedding (ceremony and reception) in September 2014 and we could not have been happier. Both Skype consultations went very well and their online feature for song suggestions beforehand was very helpful. We had a non-traditional song choice for my walk down the aisle and DJ Dan NAILED the timing and made sure it was exactly how I pictured it. He was professional and extremely helpful throughout the whole event. Our guests danced the whole night through, and we are still having people tell us they've never danced so much in their life! I would recommend Al, Dan & their team to anyone who asked and, if I could give them more stars I would! :)

Sent on 01/21/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/12/2014

We used Okyne Medialab for our wedding 07.12.2014. From day one we were so impressed with their level of professionalism. We planned the wedding from New York and they could not have been easier to work with. My husband and I were both very impressed with their online capabilities and this made planning from afar flawless. We were so happy with the music and the way DJ Jesse mixed the songs. Our dance floor was packed all night! I would recommend Okyne Meidalab to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Tanya · Married on 07/03/2014

We used Okyne media for our wedding on July 3rd, at Cafe Brauer at Lincoln Park Zoo. We had DJ Matt and we couldn't be happier with how everything went.

He was very professional, communicated well and was very flexible with everything we asked of him. Most importantly he kept the dance floor busy all night by not only sticking to our recommended list but also mixed it up with some of his own selections based on our choices.

The Okyne website made pre planning the day very easy. Not only did it help with the music but also with planning the timeline of events for the entire day.

I would highly recommend Okyne Media for anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Marisa · Married on 06/28/2014

We really couldn't be happier with our whole experience with Okyne.  Alan was an AMAZING DJ, everyone I've talked to about the wedding loved the music. The dance floor was packed the whole night.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/21/2014

Erich was our DJ for our wedding in June and he was incredible! He was professional, helpful, able to read the crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor! Throughout the night guests at the wedding kept commenting on the wonderful music choices and made jokes that they hoped he'd play a "bad song" so they could go get a drink ... unfortunately for them, if didn't happen! The music was on-point all night and was perfect. As the night progressed, Erich did a wonderful job incorporating more "current" music into the playlist and continued to keep the dance floor packed! If you need a DJ, go with Erich at Okyne MediaLabs!

Sent on 07/09/2014

We would like to thank Okyne Medialab for their amazing work at our wedding! The uplighting was fantastic and created such a romantic, fun backdrop for dancing. The dance floor was truly hoppin' all night long thanks to DJ Matt : ) You were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! (aside from marrying eachother...). Thanks again! Some photos of the uplighting can be found on our photographer's blog: http://www.nakaiphotography.com/weddings/photos/lake-forest-academy-armour-house-pictures-sparklers/

Sent on 07/04/2014

Katie · Married on 06/07/2014

We had a blast at our wedding!Our DJ, Jonathan, was GREAT! He kept us advised of the timeline of our evening, checked in often to make sure we were taken care of (even asked if we needed drinks, etc), and ultimately played a great mix of music including our requests, that kept our dance floor packed! Energy was so high all night and our guests raved about how much fun they had on the dance floor! We couldn't have asked for a better night!
    We are very grateful that everyone at Okyne Media Lab was so accommodating and able to provide us with a very memorable wedding day!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Clare · Married on 05/03/2014

DJ Jonathan was absolutely brilliant! We couldn't ask for a better music man :) He read the crowd so well and kept all the hits rolling. He even helped me coordinate a surprise Irish dance for my groom as well as many other traditional Irish sets during the night. He fit right in with all my family out from Ireland and England!
    Not to brag but people raved about our wedding being one of the best they've been to in a long time, I think a huge part of that is owed to DJ Jonathan.
    Al and Stacy were great about communicating throughout the process. They made it so easy and never pushed any extra services. The online tools made planning a breeze - too bad everything else couldn't be so easy!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Arpan · Married on 05/03/2014

Okyne was great to work with from beginning to end! They were recommended to me and my wife from others who also enjoyed using them. Al and Stacey were easy to work with leading up to our wedding and were always responsive when we had questions.

DJ Randall worked our wedding on 5/3/14 and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Although we supplied the dinner and cocktail music to use, DJ Randall did a great job mixing flowing from one song to the next. We let DJ Randall do his thing for the reception and he kept the dance floor going the entire night. He was extremely friendly yet remained professional. He was well prepared, on time, and most importantly knew how to keep the party going.

5 stars all around and we would keep Okyne in mind for any another events.

Sent on 05/18/2014
  • User4091483 · event on 04/27/2014

I booked my birthday party with Okyne Media and from the first email to the last phone call it was an excellent experience. The DJ (Dan) was punctual, professional and pleasant.
    He played the songs I had selected. And my guests danced all night! Exactly what I wanted.
    Stacy and Myles were a delight to work with and I would have no hesitation recommending their DJ service when booking your special event.

Sent on 05/09/2014

Jill · Married on 04/12/2014

professional, great to work with, fun, overall 5 stars. highly recommend.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Regina · Married on 03/22/2014

Al Okyne and his team came through while we were in a pinch. They were so helpful in a short amount of time and the results were amazing! Their DJ, Erich, was awesome and made our wedding the best party ever. We were so happy to work with them!

Sent on 04/05/2014