Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe Reviews

Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 4
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 5
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 6
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 7

Cake tasting was the best part of the wedding planning experience! Our cake was delicious and our guests loved it! Great price for a tier cake that fed 100 with more to spare

Sent on 10/08/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/03/2015

Ohlson's was a fantastic choice. We hadn't found a bakery until about 3 months before the wedding, but thankfully they still had available spots. We ending up getting a 300 series cake (a three tier cake that serves 125 for $300). It was a great affordable option for us since we were also having tons of cookies and other desserts. The cake looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL, better than I had even imagined. I walked right into the reception hall over to the cake to marvel at how awesome it looked. Not only did the cake look stunning, it also tasted phenomenal. We were able to have different flavors on different layers which was great as well. I definitely recommend the almond cake and raspberry one.
    They also will make you an anniversary cake on your 1 year.
    I highly recommend ordering your wedding cake through them - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Queen · Married on 09/27/2015

My cake was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!!!!!! The icing, the moisture in our cake, the taste, the decor....everything was more than I imagined! Thank you.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Tracy · Married on 09/26/2015

Amazing and affordable-- went with a cake from the 300 series, but it looked so much more expensive! We got the almond cake and it was delicious. So good that my husband has barely been able to stop himself from eating the slice in the freezer for our first anniversary.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2015

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Working with the staff to create the perfect cake for our event was fun and relaxed. The staff was always very friendly any time we stopped at the location, and were even very helpful over the phone. I went to Ohlson's with a rough idea of what we wanted, and they delivered the perfect cake for us.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

Cake was not a huge priority for us so we in large part went with Ohlson's because of their selection of $300 cakes that feed 130. Despite it only being $300 it was still beautiful and delicious! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/10/2015

dana · Married on 08/22/2015

We tasted about 5 cakes from different bakeries and Ohlson's was hands down the most moist, delicious, cake we ever had! When we sat down for our initial meeting, we were given as much time as needed. They have a back room where you meet. In the room the have samples of different cakes. They will custom design your cake with you. Not only was their cake the most delicious, they spent so much time with us planning the perfect cake for us.
    We choose to have white and chocolate cake. When I walked into the venue and saw the finished product, I cried. It was beyond what I expected.
    My guests are still raving about the cake. Look no further. If you want the best tasting and looking wedding cake book with Olson's. You will be most impressed!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Nichole · Married on 08/15/2015

I loved Ohlson's they were great, they did exactly what I wanted, and gave me ideas that would make my cake taste better and last longer in the environment that we would be in! They made a beautiful, taste and moist cake that was amazing. Couldn't have thanked them enough!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Steve · Married on 07/11/2015

Having never been in this bakery we noticed that they put God first in their lives and business so going into our meeting with Lisa we had a good feeling that we were going to do business with someone honest. Their prices were reasonable but most importantly the cakes were delicious. The presentation of the cake at the reception was unbelievable. They did an awesome job!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Karin · Married on 06/26/2015

We ordered our wedding cake from Ohlsons and designed it with Lisa and everything came out beautiful. The cake was so moist and everyone complimented how delicious it was. So happy we chose to work with Ohlsons

Sent on 07/06/2015

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

Ohlsons Bakery provided the most beautiful wedding cake. Each layer was a different flavor and we didn't have to save the top layer for the first anniversary and risk a dry or freezer burned cake because Ohlsons Bakery provides a fresh anniversary cake free of charge! Not only did the cake look great it also tasted delicious!! Ohlsons Bakery designed the cake exactly as our daughter requested. The price was below what we were expecting too. We were more than satisfied with our decision to use Ohlsons Bakery.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Ann · Married on 06/05/2015

I can't tell you how many people have told me that ours was the best wedding cake they've ever had. I mean, who really remembers the cake from a wedding. Everyone at our has, apparently. I was attracted to Maureen's because of their "300" series - basically scaled back, but still beautiful cakes for people without the luxury of an unlimited budget. When we went for our tasting, everything we tried was great and the service was wonderful. We finally settled on three flavors for different tiers: red velvet, almond, and chocolate marble. Usually red velvet gets dry, but not at Ohlson's. Every piece was delicious. We ordered more than we thought we would need, and we ran out of cake because people were going back for seconds (and thirds....) of this stuff. The price was really reasonable - we added an extra sheet cake to be cut in the kitchen, plus the three tiered cake - and the final result was gorgeous. Delivered on time in perfect condition with our little cake topper (a bunting banner) all arranged. AND, they bake you a freshie on your first anniversary, so no need to save the top layer! So happy we went with Maureen's. No complaints here!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2015

Lisa at Ohlson's was a pleasure to work with to plan out our wedding cake design. They have a 300 series of cakes that were very reasonably priced and we just added on a sheet cake as needed. I even paid for more, but when the head count was finalized, I found that I didn't need as much, so Lisa applied a credit to my account. I really appreciated that gesture! The cake was gorgeous and delicious! We will receive a one year anniversary cake for free - we are looking forward to that! We would definitely recommend Ohlson's for their wedding cake services!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Mark · Married on 05/16/2015

The cakes were delicious. We had 3 cakes. We wanted to eat them all. We had a bunch of Wedding Cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. People were sneaking the cupcakes out in their purses. The groom's cake was a heavily en-chocolate-ed version of the mythical cake from Portal the video game. It was an exact match and was quickly devoured. The third and final cake was a birthday cake. As a cost saving measure I made the wedding the day before the bride's birthday. It was a Harry Potter themed almond cake. Wisely we delayed our honeymoon to preserve the remnants of the cakes and as a result were the last to leave our own wedding

Sent on 05/18/2015

Katherine · Married on 05/02/2015

We were thrilled with Ohlsons Bakery! Our wedding cake was perfect! Ohlsons also provided us with great sheet cake, as well as our grooms cake and gluten free cake. Every cake was wonderful and our guests were pleased!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/18/2014

My wedding cake was so beautiful! It turned out more beautiful than the display cake she made! I was very impressed. Ohlson's bakery did an excellent job in making sure the cake was perfect. It tasted delicious too! I had a 3 tier cake with 2 flavors, and a sheet cake of red velvet. All my guests loved the red velvet cake! It was a pleasure working with Lisa!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Craig · Married on 10/18/2014

Cake was awesome. Very reasonable pricing when compared to other providers. We ordered a cake with a LOT of manually applied details, and it came out beautifully. They were very good about working with us, and were even kind enough to provide us with a mini-cake on our 1yr anniversary (we ate the actual wedding cake top at 6mo's).

Sent on 11/30/2015

We got our wedding cake from Ohlson's and it was delicious! We purchased one of the cakes from the 300 series and got to pick the color (white or ivory) and whatever color we wanted to the flowers to be. We had 4 different flavors (chocolate, almond, raspberry swirl, and chocolate marble) to give guests a wide variety of options. This didn't cost us anything extra. The owner who we dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. The cake was delicious. This is the place to get your wedding cake from!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Mark · Married on 10/11/2014

I was absolutely floored when I saw the cake for the first time. The design was exactly how we worked it out to be and it looked even better in person. We received many great compliments on how delicious the cake turned out. I could not have been happier with the price as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/13/2014

Ohlsons's made the best tasting, moist, most gorgeous wedding cake I have ever seen/tasted. They made an Almond cake for my main cake and a raspberry sheet for extra. Both were outstanding! They were extremely helpful and professional when my husband and I went in for our tasting and they spent time getting to know our tastes and what we pictured. I liked many of the cake pictures we were shown and they took the time to piece together what I liked on each cake I saw until we had the perfect design that I wanted! It was perfectly decorated and even more gorgeous on the day than the "perfect" cake I pictured in my head! I can't rant enough about how delicous the cakes were and their beauty.

Sent on 10/18/2014

The most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever had. The owner is so accommodating and talented and makes and decorates the wedding cakes herself.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Delicious cake at a great price!! Lisa and her team are absolutely wonderful!! It was a pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Danielle · Married on 08/02/2014

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. It was exactly what we wanted. Lisa and Marve are absolutely wonderful to work with. Out cake was elegant and beautiful, exactly how we pictured. The quality of the cake it absolutely top-notch. There was nothing left at the end of the night because our guests enjoyed it that much! If you want a beautiful and delicious cake, Ohlson's is absolutely the place to go.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Rachel · Married on 07/18/2014

Ohlson's Bakery was amazing! They truly cared about what was best for you financially and for your wedding - helping you get what you wanted for the best price. The owner is really the nicest and cares about her business and customers. Finally, our cake was just perfect and gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could post a picture of it! I would highly recommend Ohlson's!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/28/2014

Omg I can't wait till our 1 year to get our anniversary cake. Yummy is all I have to say. Thank you

Sent on 07/08/2014